Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #51
Conzors
Senior Member
 
Conzors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London
Posts: 6,634

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana
BB12: Tom
CBB9: Denise Welch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
Since so many think that cyber bully isn't a serious issue, I'm gonna be controversial and say I think it is.

Being picked on, insulted, targeted and having it there constantly, that's pretty serious. Also unlike face to face bullying, cyber bully is often done anonymously.

How is the victim stopping going online a fair solution to the problem?
This has made me stop and think, and maybe i worded what i was trying to express wrong. When it starts to happen frequently and becomes harrasment then it becomes a serious issue. Anonymity can be an issue but then they can also just be blocked.

I just think that anything someone says online can be easily ignored and shrugged to one side as it is someone totally anonymous so it would be easier to block and delete them.

If its cyber bullying from someone they know then surely this counts as normal bullying (which is wrong in all ways) as it transfers from in person to online (which is where the line is drawn)

xx
__________________
Conzors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #52
Ninastar
Ninastar
 
Ninastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 25,128
Blog Entries: 3

Favourites:
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East
CBB14: Gary


Default

My controversial opinion is that too many people spend their time getting offended over stupid things. Whether it's racial remarks, homophobic slurs, general bullying, whatever...

I feel nothing can be said anymore. Everything is OTT PC. Instead of people being offended by everything, and teaching people 'not to say things' you should teach people not to be offended from a young age. Kids should be taught and told very often that there will ALWAYS be someone who doesn't like you. For whatever reason. But why should that matter? It's just ONE opinion, and a bad/not true one at that.

You should be taught to love yourself, no matter what other people say.
__________________
Ninastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #53
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,857

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
My controversial opinion is that too many people spend their time getting offended over stupid things. Whether it's racial remarks, homophobic slurs, general bullying, whatever...

I feel nothing can be said anymore. Everything is OTT PC. Instead of people being offended by everything, and teaching people 'not to say things' you should teach people not to be offended from a young age. Kids should be taught and told very often that there will ALWAYS be someone who doesn't like you. For whatever reason. But why should that matter? It's just ONE opinion, and a bad/not true one at that.

You should be taught to love yourself, no matter what other people say.
100% agree
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #54
Marsh.
Observer
 
Marsh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 76,966


Default

Liam loves himself a little too much tbh.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:24 AM   #55
armand.kay
baddie
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: purgatory
Posts: 23,966
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Adam
BB18: Chanelle


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
My controversial opinion is that too many people spend their time getting offended over stupid things. Whether it's racial remarks, homophobic slurs, general bullying, whatever...

I feel nothing can be said anymore. Everything is OTT PC. Instead of people being offended by everything, and teaching people 'not to say things' you should teach people not to be offended from a young age. Kids should be taught and told very often that there will ALWAYS be someone who doesn't like you. For whatever reason. But why should that matter? It's just ONE opinion, and a bad/not true one at that.

You should be taught to love yourself, no matter what other people say.
i don't agree that everything should be so pc i believe in freedom of speech but i also think that if you say something that offends someone you should be prepared for the backlash and be prepared to defend your point instead of having a meltdown and complaining that people get too offended or saying "its just my opinion".
__________________
☾✩✹


Last edited by armand.kay; 22-09-2014 at 12:25 AM.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:26 AM   #56
GypsyGoth
filthy mudblood
 
GypsyGoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: that bitch caitlin's place
Posts: 51,412
Blog Entries: 24

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzors View Post
This has made me stop and think, and maybe i worded what i was trying to express wrong. When it starts to happen frequently and becomes harrasment then it becomes a serious issue. Anonymity can be an issue but then they can also just be blocked.

I just think that anything someone says online can be easily ignored and shrugged to one side as it is someone totally anonymous so it would be easier to block and delete them.

If its cyber bullying from someone they know then surely this counts as normal bullying (which is wrong in all ways) as it transfers from in person to online (which is where the line is drawn)

xx
Well it's cyber bullying when when you can access what has been said about you (or pics that have been put online without your consent) by phone, laptop or any other device. That's the cyber part, and it doesn't matter if you know them, it doesn't change it to a different type of bullying.

And it's called bullying because that is how the person feels. So it's not one or two rude things being said by some, its relentless. And it's not like just being bothered by an anonymous troll. It's usually a person (or people) known to the victim, and they use anonymity, I guess so they don't get caught. Cyber bullying can seriously damage someone's self esteem, and it has been a contributing factor in suicides.

And as I mentioned there isn't an escape from it, even in your bedroom, if you have a laptop or smartphone, the bullies can get you there.
__________________
::::: i would give all this and heaven too :::::
GypsyGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:26 AM   #57
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,857

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Liam loves himself a little too much tbh.
I have to, no-one else will
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #58
Ninastar
Ninastar
 
Ninastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 25,128
Blog Entries: 3

Favourites:
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East
CBB14: Gary


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
i don't agree that everything should be so pc i believe in freedom of speech but i also think that if you say something that offends someone you should be prepared for the backlash and be prepared to defend your point instead of having a meltdown and complaining that people get too offended or saying "its just my opinion".
I personally just think you should ignore it. Fighting with them isnt going to change their racist/homophobic/dumb opinion anyway. Dont give them the thrill of an argument.
__________________
Ninastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:31 AM   #59
Kyle
Mr Rocket League
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Posts: 5,154
Default

Here are my reasons for why Titanic is a sh*t movie

+ there is romance in it
+ if there's romance in it at least show Kate Winslets muff, they failed to do that.
+ the plot. I already knew the boat was gonna sink before I watched it. Ruined.
+ Celine Dion
+ Leonardo do caprio is annoying,
+ the Captain looks too much like Captain birds eye. Destroyed my immersion
+ Celine Dion again.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:38 AM   #60
armand.kay
baddie
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: purgatory
Posts: 23,966
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Adam
BB18: Chanelle


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
I personally just think you should ignore it. Fighting with them isnt going to change their racist/homophobic/dumb opinion anyway. Dont give them the thrill of an argument.
At times I would ignore the idiots if I don't have the time or patience but most times I just can't resist clocking and humiliating the ignorant
__________________
☾✩✹


Last edited by armand.kay; 22-09-2014 at 12:38 AM.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:42 AM   #61
Shaun
ooo
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 104,513
Blog Entries: 17

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Ian Wright
X Factor Celebrity: V5
Strictly 2019: Dev Griffin
BB19: Kay


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
I don't like gay people who get offended over stupid little comments even if they're not personally directed at them;
'Omg that's so gay'
'Don't be gay' etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I can't stand most old people. They are just rude ***** who have no respect so why the **** should we respect them
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Another thing is black people on twitter. Why the **** do they need to have the word ***** in every ****ing sentence. ****ing pisses me off!!
can we bring back the razzies just for this thread please

#teamGypsyGothre:thebullyingthing
__________________

AS5 Faves: Mariah, Jujubee, Alexis, Mayhem & Shea
Season 12 Faves: Heidi, Jaida, Jan, Crystal & Widow
DRUK Faves: The Vivienne, Divina, Vinegar & Sum Ting Wong

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by T* View Post
Christopher Maloney is the new judge of the voice 2019! my cat is the producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Him to throw up every time he spins round?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:51 AM   #62
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,857

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

What are the razzies?
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #63
Ninastar
Ninastar
 
Ninastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 25,128
Blog Entries: 3

Favourites:
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East
CBB14: Gary


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
At times I would ignore the idiots if I don't have the time or patience but most times I just can't resist clocking and humiliating the ignorant
but they dont care... you're not going to change what they think by 'humiliating' them. They probably aren't even embarrassed by their thoughts
__________________
Ninastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 01:10 AM   #64
Kyle
Mr Rocket League
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Posts: 5,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
What are the razzies?
An awards thread for stupid things people say and do.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #65
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,857

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
An awards thread for stupid things people say and do.
Well that's rude
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 01:36 AM   #66
Firewire
Senior Member
 
Firewire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 34,389


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'd stay clear of the 'controversial opinions' thread then if I were you.
Im not gonna argue with you, that's the point of the thread. I was just commenting on armand's post, because his wasn't an opinion
Firewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 04:05 AM   #67
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 49,700


Default

..I agree with Claudia..its not as simple as an ‘off button’ with cyber bullying because you’re being bullied in your home, in your own space, in your own room, type thing and if you were to ‘switch off’ from that, then you’re being forced to switch off from a huge part of ‘life’ because the internet, social media etc is a huge part of most people’s lives and a place where they should be able to interact otherwise if they feel they can’t because of bullying..then they’re being ‘isolated’..?..and so the bullying extends into their real life...if they post a pic or something/whatever on Facebook..?..and that was poked fun at/ridiculed etc/someone was being spiteful about it/maybe a group of people..then others can also go hahahaha etc and these could be people from school/college/uni etc and then that person can feel as though everyone is laughing at them ..so maybe they’re reluctant to go to school/interact etc and just become withdrawn...that would also be a time where they could at least talk to friends and people on the internet but that’s been taken from them as well/the feeling of ‘safety’ there....

..quite often people are cyber bullied by someone who they don’t even know..just someone who has ‘judged’ them when they haven’t even ever spoken to them...the internet can be like a huge ‘Chinese whispers’ of ‘gossip’ type thing...things can be evolved through people who just want the ‘drama’ or who are just basically negative people and then that person can feel the whole world is ridiculing them...that feeling is real/it’s as real as any face to face bullying..it’s not something that can be switched off from...also because the person being bullied may spend a huge amount of time on the internet anyway because they’re not that confident in their real lives and they find it an easier way...teenagers in general aren’t always that confident are they... because of the changes their bodies and emotions are going through...it’s just so easy behind a computer screen to lose sight that there is a ‘real person’ on the other end of these spiteful remarks and how the people themselves would feel if they were directed at them and then everyone was 'lolling' at them....

....anyway, an extreme I know but in safety vids that we’re shown at schools..it also shows how things like cyber-bullying, which can lead to those feelings of isolation especially in younger people..and at a time when maybe they also don’t feel ‘understood’ by parents etc, so maybe don’t feel that they can share and confide concerns/worries with them..?..or maybe they don’t have that relationship with their parents anyway....can lead to also being targeted by something even more sinister..because that person can become their ‘confidant’ ..the person who ‘understands’ them when they’re not actually who they’re appearing to be at all....but maybe caution is not what it should be because the ‘bullied’ so needs someone who ‘understands’ and someone to talk to etc....cyber bullying is extremely real and serious....and actually with recent events especially, I’m surprised that anyone on the forum would think otherwise....
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #68
Kyle
Mr Rocket League
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Posts: 5,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
Im not gonna argue with you, that's the point of the thread. I was just commenting on armand's post, because his wasn't an opinion
But what if I want an argument?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #69
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 103,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzors View Post
I don't understand 'cyber bullying' - if someone is trying to bully you online- block them, turn off the computer - IT CAN BE PREVENTED.


At last some Common Sense




Life In The City
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #70
Samm
we
 
Samm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29,006


Default

People who get bullied make then self more of a victim
__________________
Samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #71
Mitchell
Out of this world
 
Mitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #TeamDezzy
Posts: 10,955
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
DOI 2020: Trisha Goddard
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
X Factor Celebrity: Jenny Ryan
Strictly 2019: Chris Ramsey


Default

Nadine > Cheryl
__________________
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #72
Kyle
Mr Rocket League
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Posts: 5,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothuthic View Post
Nadine > Cheryl
I've tolerated some real outlandish stuff so far but You've gone too far Mitch
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #73
Marc
Senior Member
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 81,297
Blog Entries: 8

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John


Default

Poo shouldn't be a taboo topic; grow up
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #74
Jay.
x
 
Jay.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 6,632

Favourites:
CBB21: Shane Jenek


Default

I like Marmite
__________________




Jay. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #75
Mitchell
Out of this world
 
Mitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #TeamDezzy
Posts: 10,955
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
DOI 2020: Trisha Goddard
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
X Factor Celebrity: Jenny Ryan
Strictly 2019: Chris Ramsey


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I've tolerated some real outlandish stuff so far but You've gone too far Mitch
I'm sorry
__________________
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
controversial

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts