Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 09-06-2015, 01:09 PM #76
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I love Brian's wife in his home video

And yeah, I've heard good things about the next two. I'm looking forward to watching them.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:18 PM #77
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Lill: I'm such a bitch ;_;
Jon: Thank God!!!
Lill: DONTSAYTHATABOUTGOD ;__________;
Old 09-06-2015, 09:56 PM #78
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Pearl Islands is fantastic. We all know that but I just need to say it again because the post-merge is simply fantastic. I'll post some stuff in spoilers since I know Braden will be watching this soon.

Spoiler:

The Outcast episode is obviously epic. I always get chills when Michelle cites "REVENGE, BABY" as their reason for coming back. It's probably the best thing she did all season tbh. It's just amazing to see them celebrate after winning the challenge, you can't help but feel so excited for them.

THAT BEING SAID, the challenge was hilariously rigged since they were all able to use their purple ribbons to help construct their poles the twist needed to happen though, they can't do all that hype and have the Outcasts lose. Also I loooooooooooove how Andrew gets his. This rewatch really did him no favors in my book. His "attempt" to get Lill on board was so pathetic and half-assed, but thank god she shut that **** down. "Remember I asked you to let me know before? And you didn't? :c" is such an apt ending for him, and hopefully for Second Chances he realizes that he can't just ignore anyone who isn't athletic or pretty. He probably hasn't though, since Probst and the show and probably people on Reddit have built him up to be someone who was screwed by an unfair twist

The Rupert-Tijuana one-two punch might be the best pair of back-to-back episodes ever? Rupert's boot was an exquisite swan song for him. It's kind of annoying how the show brushes over his arrogance and self-righteousness, but I still love him so whatever. That being said, as devastating as his boot was to the casual audience back in 2003, it was pretty deserved lmao. Like, Sandra spied on Burton/Jon and let Rupert know that he needs to do something and all he did was let Lill lie to him and convince him he was safe, and then he/Sandra/Christa split the vote for no reason? IDK, even though we're definitely supposed to root for Rupert it was great to watch the others scramble an alliance together while he was out fishing. Holy **** though, the graphic and disturbing symbolism of the snake devouring the lizard. So beautifully dark, that's the kind of **** that only Survivor can pull off.

The Tijuana boot is great for the obvious reasons. Sandra coming back to camp yelling about how that snake mother****er Jon can't be trusted, Sandra dumping the fish out of spite, and the dead grandmother lie are all things that Pearl Islands is known and loved for. It was also fantastic to watch Sandra drag Tijuana into the woods so they could spy on Burton and Jon. The post-IC scrambling was great too but Tijuana really did herself in. T/Darrah/Christa/Sandra would've been a majority as it was, but then T had to go up to Jon all "haha we have the majority so you need to vote Burton off, then we'll get Christa out thx" and gave him all the info he needed to sell her out. Oh well, she really did fizzle out after her epic premiere episode so no harm done.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:00 PM #79
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Aw, much appreciated
Old 10-06-2015, 11:32 PM #80
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

YOU KNOW WHAT?
I DO AEROBICS?
MY KNEES ARE GREAT!
MY ANKLES ARE GREAT!
THESE ARE CALLED SQUATS IN AEROBICS!

alol Pearl Islands is like a Survivor fanfic come to life <3
Old 11-06-2015, 03:44 AM #81
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Finished Borneo earlier (I think I'm gonna try and watch all the seasons this summer in preparation for Seconds Chances, but we'll see how it goes), my thoughts:

Spoiler:

It was a slow start and I was losing concentration during some of the earlier episodes but I put that down to its age and the differences it has to the modern version of the show, but I finally fully got into it around the episode 8/9 mark (pretty late I know but still!) and now that it's over I'm actually quite sad, it was very strange to see how different it was but it was kind of a sweet season so I enjoyed it

My favourites were Rich, Greg and Sue. I also thought Colleen was the cutest thing ever and I'm so happy that her and Greg actually became a thing for a while <3 the secrecy surrounding that even at the reunion was driving me crazy so I went and did some research I enjoyed Rudy as well actually, obviously some of his comments are questionable but I guess it was 2000 so I could brush most of them off, the worst was the abortion one though...I literally was like this the entire time, a pretty awful thing to say in the context of Gervase's news. I did however howl laughing at some of the other things he said, particularly how when the girls were getting closer (I think it was that) he wondered if it was 'lesbianism'

The strangest parts of the show for me were just how messy it all was. Jeff not commentating on challenges was weird and kind of made them hard to follow for me, I was always looking out for his inconsistency with the catchphrases that developed as well. And Jeff going on rewards with people, sharing a beer, on a boat, having a chat?! wtf? He came across as really friendly in this season as well, I love him but he's now a troll let's be honest and would never act the way he does in S1 anymore it's just weird to watch

Deserved result anyway even though I knew what was coming, I didn't mind Kelly but thought Sue, Rich, Sean etc etc were all better. Looking forward to seeing her on Second Chances though!

Anyway yas I enjoyed it

Last edited by Jack_; 11-06-2015 at 03:45 AM.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:19 AM #82
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Borneo might be my favorite season of anything ever <3 You mentioning the inconsistencies reminds me if all the hokie ritualistic stuff that they tried for like 2 episodes and then just dropped like having to go to Snake Island to actually get Immunity ringing the gong when you enter Tribal Council passing around the conch shell to talk at TC
Old 11-06-2015, 02:42 PM #83
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
BBUSA17: Da'Vonne
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
BBUSA17: Da'Vonne

lmao I forgot all about the weird **** in Borneo like the gong I think I'm going to rewatch all the seasons with returning players on them in the run up to Cambodia (except Samoa because I'm not putting myself through that again, I'll just watch the Galu/Monica bits. And except Worlds Apart and SJDS) starting with Borneo. I haven't watched it in yeaaars.

1 2 7 12 15 18 25 27 28 - that's actually a really good summer viewing list aside from BvW which idc about. Too bad no Africa :'(
swinearefine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 12:56 PM #84
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I've just finished ep 6 of Amazon and I'm really enjoying it so far

I'm not liking that three females have gone in a row (Shawna ), but knowing how this season turns out I probably won't mind in hindsight.

I love the male/female division at the beginning. On paper it sounds like a terrible idea, but the girls owned most of the challenges so I loved it, especially since the boys were so cocky to begin with The casting is also strong enough to make it work. All of the females are contributing to making this series excellent, and the boys aren't too bad either (admittedly I tend to think females make better entertainment than males). I'm glad I'm at the point where their 'omg Heidi/Jenna/Shawna is so beautiful, her breasts, her bum...blah, blah, blah' mentality has ended. It's good to actually see them communicate with them like their human beings as oppose to objects

I really love so many cast members. I love(d) the hot girl alliance (Heidi/Jenna/Shawna) bar the episode where a few of them were mean to Christy, who I absolutely adore. I'm loving her relationship with Butch at this point (Roger & Elisabeth, Paschal & Neleh eat your hearts out) and hope they keep their bond throughout the season. Deena is a boss bitch, but I feel like she could do the slightest thing to make me do a 180 on her.

The voted off females were great too. Janet was so sweet, although I do hope it was her who snuck the granola bar (why do granola bars cause such controversy on RTV? I love it ) into camp Joanna was great in her first episode being a background character but bringing the lols, and the storyline with her fear of the idol is one of the best things to come out of this season so far, lmfao However I did go off her a lot when she completely overreacted to Christy talking about her behind her back, she didn't come across well in that situation at all. I went back and forth with Jeanne, I think being a pre-merge boot is right for her.

Out of the boys I'm liking Butch (as I said) and Rob the most, although Rob can be quite douchey and off-putting at times. I really admired Alex for saying his piece on gay equality against Roger (ew), and I do like him as a person but I don't feel that he plays into the dynamics well enough yet to make me really enjoy him. Roger is awful, full stop And there's something about both Matthew & Dave that doesn't translate well. I feel that they're bad people, but they're just not my cup of tea right now. Matthew is kinda dull and Dave is a little bit of an arsehole.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out
Old 26-06-2015, 08:56 PM #85
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I finished my first Amazon watch last night.

A very good season with a very satisfying winner. I love that a snarky 21-year old swimsuit model outwitted, outplayed and outlasted everybody else

I have to say that Christy was the star of the season for me. I absolutely adored her and her confessionals like when she called Matthew and made that hand gesture

I can't wait to start Pearl Islands tonight
Old 27-06-2015, 12:41 AM #86
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Christy is someone who I loved when I was younger when it originally aired, and now I love her for completely different reasons (also see Shii Ann and Eliza.) Like, there are times when I do feel bad for her like when JoAnna put her hand in her face and all that, but there are just soooooooo many moments where Christy is just the most annoying woman on the planet. Here are a few I can remember off the top of my head

-complaining about how nobody wants to work on the shelter and then blatantly refusing Deena's offer to work on the shelter hours later
-constantly making comments at NuTambaqui in front of Heidi and Jeanne that the guys have been so much nicer to her than the girls at Jabaru were
-suggesting that they draw straws to determine if Butch or Roger will go home in episode 5, only to use two straws of the same length
-walking up to a sobbing Jenna and Heidi after the Alex blindside and going LOL SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHO TO TRUST, HEY?
-excitedly telling her boyfriend I'M IN THE FINAL FOUR!!! in her boot episode
-expecting everyone to come to her begging for her vote and then not committing to a single plan, which ends up in the whole tribe uniting to get her out <3
-hysterically crying in her final words about she's *NOT* going to let one of her evil stepsisters win, and then voting for Jenna to win

Amazon is an amazing season and Jaburu is without a doubt one of the best tribes ever. EVERYONE delivers <3333
Old 27-06-2015, 01:01 AM #87
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Yeah that pretty much sums up why I love Christy her final message is actually iconic to me "I am going to make sure those evil step sisters of mine are not going to win the million dollars! It's not going to happen!

... -accidentally votes for Jenna to win-

I finished the first two episodes of Pearl Islands moments ago and I can already see why people label it as the best season. The mad dash in the market was such a perfect way to start everything Sandra taking control and speaking Spanish like she knew everyone there personally Trish getting hit on by one of the shopkeepers Tijuana forcing the same shopkeeper to hand her money back and then stealing a pot when she doesn't Russell pirating

I quite liked Nicole but I'm not too fussed about her being the first boot. She was a bit of a mess, which was fairly amusing to watch. But it feels right for her to be a first boot.

Poor Skinny Ryan, I felt sorry for him in the second episode. I didn't rate him much in the first, but his relationship with Lillian was quite sweet. And it must suck being told by the majority of your tribe that your not cut out for the experience when there's someone else wanting to quit and literally telling people to vote for him.

Right now my favourites are Christa, Lillian, Russell & Sandra. I know/have heard a lot about Russell & Sandra so it's good to see them in their glory and begin the road to becoming Survivor legends

...but tbh my main thought is that Christy really was a missed opportunity for all-stars #justiceforchristy #whereischristyssecondchance?

Last edited by Braden; 27-06-2015 at 01:03 AM.
Old 27-06-2015, 01:05 AM #88
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Oh yeah I forgot to say that I find Andrew annoying already.

He's such a gamebot <\3 not feeling his upcoming appearance on Cambodia.
Old 27-06-2015, 02:50 AM #89
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

mhmm that's what I love about Christy. Like, on the surface she's so easy to love because she's the outcast deaf with with an OTT positive edit. That's exactly why I loved her when I was like 11 or however old when the season aired. Then when I went back and watched this year and saw The True Christy in spite of her edit, it just made me love her even more it's the same thing with Shii Ann, where on the surface it's so easy to love her because she was isolated on her tribe, but then when you watch with a more astute eye you realize that she's ****ing grating and is all bark no bite and it just makes me love her even more. Her insistence that she's a huge threat in puzzles despite never finishing one, proudly announcing that "when you mess with the Shii Devil, you get the horns" right before bursting into tears after being yelled at by Robb, it just all works for me.

Your PI faves are all spot on Andrew Savage ****ing blows and I hate that the male returnee list was just that dreadful that I voted for him (mainly for the DILF factor.) It will be interesting to see if he's matured at all and is willing to give anyone the time of day who isn't pretty or seemingly athletic (I say seemingly because lol at Osten actually being athletic out there.)

Footnote: I listened to Christy's Survivor Oz interview recently and she said that she wants to play again!!! Make it happen CBS #iminthedriversseat #evilstepsisters
Old 27-06-2015, 03:14 AM #90
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

I'm trying to find somewhere I can watch Philippines so if anyone knows where I can find one I would really appreciate a pm x

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2015, 03:29 AM #91
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Yeah if someone could link me up with a good place to watch the seasons that isn't watchseries I'd appreciate it. My Africa watch was going fine until the last few days when the audio in the episodes started going out of sync and now I'm trying to watch the finale and literally the second half of it can't be found anywhere at all and it's pissing me off
Old 08-07-2015, 04:51 PM #92
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I finished my first watch of Pearl Islands last night

Spoiler:

omg a Lill/Sandra f2 is literally Sophie's Choice <\3 I wanted both of them to win

The season as a whole is very good, I totally understand why people say it's the best season. However, I do feel that because it was hyped up so much, I expected it to deliver even more.

Don't get me wrong, the season had many stand-out moments. I loved The Outcasts twist but was already savvy to it before starting the season, and I knew who would come back as a result. Maybe if I was aloof to what was going to happen I would have appreciated it a lot more. But in the long run I admire it dearly because it brought back my Lill <3 and a fairly good character in Burton.

Tijuana's boot episode is now my favourite Survivor episode of all-time. The vote had my heart pumping, and it would have been perfect if all the girls turned on Burton & Jon...but oh well. It was amazing from the moment where Sandra threw the fish away in spite of the other's voting Rupert out , bless Christa having the blame put on her

I have mixed feelings about Jon's 'grandma lie', like I just find it shocking that someone would go to that extreme, but then it was Jon so it just slightly accentuated the character he was fulfilling so w/e. His grandma's appearance at the reunion was great.

Jeff: "were you in on this?!"
Jon's Grandma: "no! No. No"
Jeff: "when did you find out?"
Jon's Grandma: "when you found out!"

Jeff: "we were all so devastated so we called home to see what we could do then you answered the damn phone!"

The cast was the strongest yet imo. Lill, Sandra, Christa & Rupert were my top 4 (in that order). I loved T & D, especially post-merge. T was such a great CP/narrator to the game, and D despite being so utr was a great presence. Like, I'm obsessed with the way she talks, the way she's so non-chalant about everything and the fact that she's a mortician

Andrew really was the only dud of the season. Ryno was too but he was just boring to me, Andrew was just an entitled prick which is way worse. It annoyed me that Jeff was up his arse so much at the reunion. Like a I didn't care the Shawn got so much attention because he was at least an interesting character throughout his stay.

Burton was at his best during the middle of the game. I didn't rate him that much in his first four episodes, but he really grew on me after The Outcasts twist. Although, I was annoyed with his last few episodes where he was such a little bitch towards Lill. Him & Jon as a duo were pretty annoying but it was worth while to watch them fall from grace.

Trish was my favourite pre-merge boot <3 but I wasn't that sad to see her go. I didn't want her to **** up the Rupert/Christa/Sandra clique. Michelle was okay, I thought I'd resent Skinny Ryan after the first episode but he turned out okay too, Nicole had a satisfying first boot arc.

Osten being the first person to ever quit was pretty interesting. I didn't want to see him moping around during his stay and it was blatant that he'd given up, but I do feel that Jeff unfairly pushed him into it for the sake of interest of the show.

...So onto All-Stars. I'm actually really excited to start it despite it's reputation. I know I will probably end up hating it like everybody else, but so many of my favourites are returning. I can't wait to watch and analyse how different they are. It's what makes all-star season so special because I love to see how different they are in comparison to the first time around.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:07 PM #93
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Is All Stars hated? I thought it's meant to be one of the best seasons, that and Fans VS Favorites? It's the one I'm really looking forward to no spoilers tho plz

I've watched the Outback and Africa now (reviews coming when I cba) and am on to Marquesas
Old 08-07-2015, 05:12 PM #94
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

No way.

I don't think I've seen someone say that they like All-Stars. FvF#1 is really well liked though.

I'm still looking forward to All-Stars though. It's hard to explain but there's something euphoric about seeing people return to play, and All-Stars has a great cast on paper. But to a lot of people things turn out pretty terribly.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:15 PM #95
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

I could've sworn there's been a couple of people on here say it's good maybe they're in a minority and have a niche taste or something LOL

The reason I love All Stars seasons of anything is the weirdness and excitement of watching people and your favourites from different seasons play together at the same time, it was the same with something like Brian and Nikki in BBUK this year
Old 08-07-2015, 05:16 PM #96
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

All Stars is awful. FvF 1 and HvV are amazing though.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:17 PM #97
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Ah that's it, HvV...I knew I was forgetting one, think I may be confusing that and All Stars
Old 08-07-2015, 06:53 PM #98
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

All-Stars is just a really nasty season and everyone comes out looking much worse than they did coming in. It's like BBUK15 nasty rather than BBUK6 nasty. Also I just find there to be a lot of wasted potential and the people who make it far are the people who I wasn't really that excited seeing, kinda similar to BBUS7
Old 08-07-2015, 07:06 PM #99

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

I'm watching The Australian Outback finale right now. It's taken me 6 weeks but I've barely had any time to watch any episodes. Preferred Borneo if I'm honest. I didn't really have anyone I was rooting for.
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:08 PM #100
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

^ I felt like that