Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 19-11-2018, 05:51 PM #1876
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Ghost Island; Ep 07

Most of this episode was literally Michael, Kellyn and Wendell finding their idols/advantages. Boring! As much as I said that Bradley wasn't all that, I do appreciate that he caused some interest with his OTTN ways. Like, he went full-blown cartoon villain this episode and it was literally the only enjoyable aspect.

The whole Malolo sucks thing was so overblown and pointless. Ulong called, it wants back its relevancy you're trying to steal, lmao.

I don't really have much else to say. I might watch another episode and hope that it gets better, but also because I want to quickly move onto David vs. Goliath.

Last edited by Braden; 08-12-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 06:15 PM #1877
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Queen of talking strategy over a cup of coffee.
Old 20-11-2018, 01:35 AM #1878
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post

Queen of talking strategy over a cup of coffee.
Old 20-11-2018, 01:41 AM #1879
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

yuuuup it's all downhill from here --New Found Glory --Macie Lightfoot
Old 20-11-2018, 02:13 AM #1880
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Also, I think I'm going to try to rewatch Nicaragua soon? I only have edgic from RI and onwards, so I think my plan is to rewatch Nicaragua and edgic it, rewatch SJDS just because I love it , and then go back and rewatch and edgic 1-20???

So stay tuned ladies x
Old 22-11-2018, 09:37 PM #1881
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Ghost Island; Ep 08

Why did Chris not play his idol?!?! The episode itself wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be, but the outcome certainly set the rest of the season up to be terrible. I think I said during episode 3/4 that the Chris/Domenick feud was actually starting to amuse me as oppose to bemuse me. The intensity of it all was somewhat entertaining, but the outcome is a bit crap since Chris is obviously superior the other two. Honestly, I believe he could've carried the season had he stayed longer. I mean, it's a bit pathetic that two grown men are battling in what is basically a 'my dick is bigger than yours' fight for alpha-male status, but I'd say it was more pathetic on Dom's side since his hatred of Chris seemed a bit put on for the sake of a storyline.

I think what annoyed me more was Wendell's mini-me-self emulating Domenick. His voting confessional was probably one of the most obnoxious of all time. Both Wendell and Dom try too hard to have moments...if that makes sense. But quite honestly, I don't mind Domenick as much. There's enough of an erratic personality there to keep me slightly invested in him as a character.

The thing that interested me most was the concept of the four original Naviti girls sticking together to vote of Libby. I like Libby, but I think the four of them voting together and blindsiding both of the alphas would've been an enjoyable outcome to the episode...but that does mean Chris would've had to play his idol, lmao.

As for the idol/advantages, my god. I completely lost focus of who had what, like I completely forgot Michael and Wendell had idols.
Old 23-11-2018, 07:39 PM #1882
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
yuuuup it's all downhill from here --New Found Glory --Macie Lightfoot
......x

I started my Nicaragau rewatch last night! Just the premiere and I was taken aback by the pacing of it all? 90 minute premieres really are The Move because Nicaragua's premiere was only 60 minutes and with the first 10 minutes being focused on the Medallion of Power (lol), plus an IC and TC, there was really no time left any actual tribe dynamics.

Because of that, 40% of the cast was UTR my biggest takeaway was WENDY JO, whom I always thought was overrated as one of the best first boots of all time. I'm not ready to call her one of the best first boots of all time but she was a lot better than I remembered and I get it! Such a tragic tale of trying to actively not be an annoying chatterbox and then get voted out because you didn't connect with anyone on your tribe (well, the secret scenes on the DVD also show that she was annoying about hygiene when they're in Nicaragua and everything is dirty) she was also INSPIRATIONAL at TC when she chastised everyone for not asking her how old she was (cuing Jill to say she did ask her, Yve to say that that's one thing she'd never ask a woman, and Tyrone rolling his eyes and saying she looks so young ) it was such a great showing and then she made it even greater by stopping Jeff and listing off all of the things she could bring to camp, including being fun and fun to be around and likable and honest and trustworthy and the fact that she doesn't have any blisters on her feet! What a gem of a woman.
Old 24-11-2018, 06:26 PM #1883
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Episode 2 was Very Good with Holly melting down over the snails, Holly destroying Dan's $1600 alligator shoes (), NaOnka stealing Jud's socks and getting loud too, and then all the drama between Brenda/Chase/Shannon before the vote. I remember not caring too much about Chase when Nicaragua first aired but I'm already feeling better about him? A precious earth angel who wants to play the game as honest as he can and with as much integrity as possible yet he somehow finds himself in the middle of every vote and alliance <3

On the flip side, I somehow blocked out just how ****ing bad Shannon is? Not even just asking Sash if he's gay at TC (you don't need to ask, come on) but his entire first episode was like "UGH women! Men are always tied down by marriage! We're going to have a women president soon! Fabio is retarded!" and yeah none of that really ages well at all. I was also shocked to find out that Shannon is married?!?!?! And he might have offspring?!?!?! That's actually the scariest part about it all, that someone with an IQ that low reproduced and is guiding young children through their early stages of life.

Oh, and in his extended final words on the DVD he also said that he hopes Chase loses his vocal cords so he can't sing his gay country music anymore so he continues to be charming.

Other people who I'm not really digging are Mr. Farty Marty and Jill? They're not bad, but Marty's just getting a bunch of empty confessionals about nothing and yet we're supposed to view him as the smartest person on the island. It feels like I'm listening to Cameron Cole in the DR, "The game is beginning! This first vote is going to be crucial! Jimmy J being the leader is good because that means I'm not the leader!" like wow what breaking news. Jill isn't terribad either but it was just really ****ing lame that she figured out that the HII clue was "tree man --> tree male --> Tree Mail" and then with that exclusive piece of information...... she immediately went and told Marty to go get the HII because "he seems smart so I want to get on his good side"
Old 25-11-2018, 06:32 AM #1884
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Episode 3 of Nicaragua was fine! Espada is kinda boring so the fact that most of the pre-swap episodes revolve around who they're going to vote off is kind of a drag. Especially the Jimmy Johnson boot, like I don't particularly mind him because he seems like a legitimately nice person but oh my god what a snoozefest, he's not interesting enough to be so high-vis. THAT BEING SAID, it's hilarious how half of the tribe worships him as a god and the other half can't stand him, both hilariously (Jimmy T ) and annoyingly (Mr. Farty Marty ).

La Flor was much better though, especially with NaOnka and Kelly B wrestling over the clue even though NaOnka's a hoot she really is such a grimy person and she dances ALL over the line of being Too Much. Somehow who I am very captivated by though is ALINA, who really is one of the best examples of That Girl. Her first confessional was about how much she hated Marty's guts literally just based on their first impressions walking to meet Jeff on Day 1, she found the clue with Kelly B on like Day 2 but decided that she doesn't like her bc she has one leg and is a threat to win the sympathy vote, then she somehow doubled down on siding with Shannon even through his disastrous TC showing and now she's in a position where her only ally is Kelly B? it's such a fun journey because even though the show edits her as a pretty bland MOR townsperson you can tell that she must be soooooo irritating to live with.

Episode 4 was better mainly because of Jimmy T's continued quest to be seen as the tribe leader I will admit that he wasn't QUITE as good as I remembered, but I love how he always shoehorned his resume into every tribe meeting and insisted that he wants to try being the leader because he has so many great leadership qualities that he uses back at home. Shame it all didn't work out for him just bc Mr. Farty's such a dumb ****face He really is getting on my nerves because he is just sooooooo arrogant and full of himself for seemingly no reason, and he keeps talking about how NOBODY IS HERE TO PLAY THE GAME just bc they don't want to do what he wants them to do. I need his downfall to happen soon
Old 25-11-2018, 07:42 PM #1885

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):

I just re-watched Episode 1 of Africa. The music, culture and challenges they had in the early seasons can only be described as epic. Nearly brought a tear to my eye! The challenge was just so physically gruelling it was amazing to watch. It's so easy to understand how Survivor was such a huge phenomenon in its first few years.

Boran were so awful to Clarence Like they were waiting for him to **** up so they could pounce on him. And it's obviously from a racist place in Tom's case - I can't believe Tom said he'd shoot Clarence if he had a gun.

Linda's confessional on respecting Mother Africa

Last edited by TomC; 25-11-2018 at 07:43 PM.
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 09:48 PM #1886
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Star of episode 9; queen of pot-stirring, queen of being tired of being left out of conversations, queen of doing a dance while eating Fijian slugs
Old 25-11-2018, 10:19 PM #1887
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Ghost Island; Ep 09

When Angela wasn't being an absolute legend this episode, everything else was kinda boring. It wasn't too bad, but there's definitely a hole in the season now Chris has left (btw, I just watched his ponderosa video ). There was a lot of focus on Wendell and Laurel's relationship, which I really don't care for at all. They're both boring and it bothers me that they make it to the end because it's destined to be such a crappy end-game. The switch from Domenick's strong edit to Wendell's winner edit is blatant and also a detriment because he's not really as interesting or compelling.

The only other take away I have from this episode is how irritating Michael was. There's something so soft about his character that annoys me whenever he has airtime. Like the fact he had to finish the eating challenge even though Angela had already beaten him () because "you only get to play this game once" and something about appreciating Fijian culture. I actually did like it when Wendell just threw the fisheye away when he couldn't manage to pick it up and everyone already had it their mouths, lmao.

Libby leaving doesn't really change anything, so I can't say much about it. I would've obviously preferred Michael to leave, but...yeah, that's it really. A bog-standard episode.
Old 25-11-2018, 10:41 PM #1888
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Omg thank you, Michael SUCKS and is actually my least favorite. Soft is the perfect word for him. So boring, so repetitive (WE KNOW THAT YOU'RE ON THE BOTTOM!), so bland.... being young is not a personality trait and the ONLY reason that he got a lot more attention than Wil did in MVGX and Julie did in KR was because he's a conventionally attractive dude. Yet another embodiment of str8 white male privilege because his personality was as exciting as, like, Kim Spradlin's.
Old 25-11-2018, 10:43 PM #1889
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Also, Libby was a vigorous forum favorite here and I still don't understand why. Like it was jaw-dropping when she cut Morgan's throat so ruthlessly but then like..... she did nothing for another six or so episodes and was a nonentity? Pass.
Old 25-11-2018, 10:46 PM #1890
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Omg thank you, Michael SUCKS and is actually my least favorite. Soft is the perfect word for him. So boring, so repetitive (WE KNOW THAT YOU'RE ON THE BOTTOM!), so bland.... being young is not a personality trait and the ONLY reason that he got a lot more attention than Wil did in MVGX and Julie did in KR was because he's a conventionally attractive dude. Yet another embodiment of str8 white male privilege because his personality was as exciting as, like, Kim Spradlin's.
I agree! And the fact he felt the need to lie about his age in the first episode for some reason that I've forgotten but I'm sure was completely unnecessary. He has such a soft presence that comes across like he's in constant need of having someone hold his hand, lmao.

Quote:
Also, Libby was a vigorous forum favorite here and I still don't understand why. Like it was jaw-dropping when she cut Morgan's throat so ruthlessly but then like..... she did nothing for another six or so episodes and was a nonentity? Pass.
Interesting! I didn't think she would be. I thought she was hated for being a Trump supporter, but I could be totally making that up because it's only something I vaguely recall seeing on here or social media. She was perfectly likable but didn't do a lot. However, I do appreciate how much of a random threat she was to all the others and how she was referred to as Parvati just because of the Morgan boot

Last edited by Braden; 25-11-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 25-11-2018, 11:37 PM #1891

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I also think Michael sucks. I can't believe in a season of such uneven editing, they gave all the airtime to ppl like Michael, laurel and Kellyn!

James, Chelsea, Libby, Des, Jenna and Angela were paid dust
Old 25-11-2018, 11:41 PM #1892
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
Interesting! I didn't think she would be. I thought she was hated for being a Trump supporter, but I could be totally making that up because it's only something I vaguely recall seeing on here or social media. She was perfectly likable but didn't do a lot. However, I do appreciate how much of a random threat she was to all the others and how she was referred to as Parvati just because of the Morgan boot
you might be mixing her up with liberty from ANTM season 24 which was airing around the same time as Ghost Island.
Old 26-11-2018, 04:25 PM #1893

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Lmao the challenges in Africa are so dangerous, like rolling a bloody boulder up and down hills? Someone climbing to the top of a narrow pillar? It's genuinely a wonder no medevacs took place this season

Africa is so much more openly strategic than Australia. Samburu is a game-changing tribe! Boran probably less so outside Ethan, Tom and Lex trio. They were set up so well in the game from the start as a result of the weak women on their tribe, and Clarence having a huge target on his back from Day 1.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:00 PM #1894
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Ghost Island; Ep 10

so I watched episode 10 a few days ago but forgot to post my commentary. I don't have much to say apart from the fact that I do appreciate Desiree trying to spice things up by turning on the original Naviti tribe. alseaux, Laurel was kinda bad this episode. I know she's actually a sane human being and she was obviously telling the truth about the Desiree situation, but I'm not here for her being a Domenick/Wendell lackey. and tbh, I don't mind Kellyn, but Desiree randomly orchestrating a blindside would've been far more interesting than the actual outcome.

yeah, pretty boring season. however, I would still say it's relatively mediocre. nobody has been seriously awful and nothing about the season has been seriously detrimental that I would put it in red in my season ranking. it probably helps that I'm not watching it on a week to week basis, though, as that would probably be really, really bad so I get why it gets panned as much as it does.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:36 PM #1895
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Ghost Island; Ep 11 & 12

Haven't watched or posted any Survivor Ghost Island content lately, so decided to treat myself and binge-watch TWO whole episodes.

Episode 11 was actually okay. Lavita splitting into two separate tribes again was fine because the pace picked up quite nicely and it at least felt like something exciting was going to happen. The outcome itself was kinda bittersweet; we lost the robotic yet unintentionally hilarious Jenna, but finally got rid of dullard Michael (even though I did end up wanting him to stay just to split up the annoyingly overbearing Dom/Laurel/Wendell trifecta.) Did appreciate his ridiculous last-ditch effort to stay by asking Donathan to 'borrow' his idol, to which Donathan immediately replied with a straight-faced "No." lmfao.

Episode 12 was a lot more frustrating, if only because there was a chance to get rid of Wendell (who I actually dislike more than Domenick simply because he's more boring) that wasn't taken. Donathan and Laurel really should've seized that opportunity. I wasn't shocked Laurel stayed with Dom and Wendell, but I had hopes that Donathan would at least switch to the other sides. and lol, it was nice to know where Sebastien actually stood in terms of the tribe dynamic. That seemed to come from nowhere.

God love Chelsea. I honestly couldn't tell you a single thing about her or what she did this season. She seems like a perfectly normal person as far as Survivor players go, but production decided to swallow her up in the edit for god knows what reason. It's annoying because if Chelsea was a dude, she would probably be depicted as a comp-beast and be given an edit ala Joe Anglim. But she's a woman, gotta love Survivor.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:49 PM #1896

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Chelsea's edit was really disgusting. She didn't even get a confessional when she won immunity!
Old 05-12-2018, 04:50 PM #1897

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I actually really liked the girl, in line with my UTR1-goddess-stanning!
Old 08-12-2018, 11:46 PM #1898

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Just watched Episode 1 of Vanuatu.

The opening segment was absolutely incredible!

The men really do blur into one lol. And I was really shocked when I saw the first boot got FOUR confessionals? Bc i only remember one, and after 2 watches now I'll never remember anything of signficance from them.

I liked Lisa and Scout from the very little we saw of them in Episode 1, and I think that's pretty similar to how I felt on first watch at the start.

The gender-tribe stuff is really jarring 14 years on
Old 09-12-2018, 03:06 PM #1899
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden watches Survivor Ghost Island; fin.

prelude: so episode 13 was actually good. I appreciate Donathan's neuroticism saving the tail-end of this season. I don't think anyone has self-destructed as badly as him during the end-game, but I'm thankful for his tirade against Domenick and Wendell. Simply because the way they treated him was super-crappy and obnoxious, and it definitely cemented my dislike for both of them. Other than that, it was actually a little sad to see Kellyn go. I grew to like her towards the end.

finale: was kinda basic and straightforward, aside from Donathan continuing his plan to carry out a war against (mainly) Domenick and (to a lesser extent) Wendell. Sea Bass suddenly joining Donathan in planning to get rid of—either Domenick or Wendell, I can't remember which one— was very fitting, considering this is the season of late opportunities. Donathan's attitude is just so hilarious to watch during tribal councils because he's obviously scared of being voted out, but is still trying to intimidate Domenick and Wendell by being as passive aggressive as possible, lmao.

It obviously felt right to have a Domenick, Laurel, Wendell final three, since the edit it made it painfully obvious. The split vote at final tribal council didn't excite me as much as I thought it would, probably because I already knew it was going to happen. Laurel ultimately voting for the winner was boring and made the live vote reveal extremely anti-climatic.

ghost island: so this season was definitely not great. I can see why it's panned on here. and watching on a week to week basis was probably painfully tedious. The cast was quite bland and there was an obvious supporting cast to cater for big characters who were either obnoxious over unnecessary, overblown CP. The theme of Ghost Island itself was okay, but the abundance of idols and advantages was pretty stupid but never amounted to much anyway.

Still, enough was going on, I wasn't completely bored. There were a few genuinely entertaining and endearing characters that I'd be happy to see return. However, the season was pretty much a damp squib. My favourite episode was probably Morgan's boot or Kellyn's boot, but Chris' presence was the main thing I enjoyed about this season.

cast ranking:

Chris (definitely the most enjoyable person from this season and someone I hope gets to play again. Naturally charismatic and engaging, although he lacks self-awareness, it makes him even more perfect to watch.)
Angela (aside from the tattle-tailing of Sebastian's extra vote, Angela was pretty iconic. Like I've previously said, it's like someone went back in time and took someone who was supposed to play old-school Survivor and randomly plonked her onto an island to play modern-day Survivor.)
Kellyn (wasn't sure on Kellyn to begin with, but she ended up being genuinely endearing and sweet. Her superfan tendencies were actually enjoyable and weren't obnoxious or pompous as we've seen from other superfans.)
Donathan (came through at the last hour. His crusade against his boring alliance members was great and he deserves to come back purely for that. Even if it is likely he'll share the same season with Domenick again.)

Desiree (very nearly was green, but wasn't shown enough to justify it. She seemed like a cool person and was hilarious in her boot ep. Points for single-handedly wanting to take Dom/Wendell out.)
Jenna (excellent for resting-bitch face, kinda plain and ordinary for everything else. I love her purely for her reaction to getting voted out and just sitting there casually bemused during the other split tribal council.)
Sebastian (didn't know I needed to know what it was like to watch a stoner play Survivor. He would be higher if he hadn't stuck with Dom/Wendell for no apparent reason. God love him and his drunk huurt feelings at final tribal. His relationship with Jenna was cute, even if only exsisted for one ep.)
Bradley (great villain, but kinda annoying and genuinely unlikable at times. Would like to see him again, though. He obviously wasn't an awful, awful person.)
Chelsea (hard because she seems really likable, but she really didn't exist for the season. Can't say anything about her other than I liked her for the very little she was there.)
James (a bit boring but also perfectly likable. His reaction his blindside was memorable, lmao.)
Libby (did like her, but she was one of the many background characters who would've benefitted from a better edit.)
Jacob (fun for while he lasted, can't say I missed him, however.)
Stephanie (get the appeal, but thought she was over-edited for no reason. Don't see what makes her a super-special pre-juror.)
Morgan (orange territory. She would've tagged with Dom and Wendell to the end, so I'm glad she was voted off when she was. Slightly arrogant, dare I say.)

Domenick (scarily enough, there were times where I actually enjoyed Dom, but his treatment of Donathan was gross. The game-botting was boring and his desperation to make his feud with Chris into a big thing was too ego-centric for me.)
Laurel (boring doesn't even cut it. She's probably lovely, but she also ruined this season multiple times so she was destined to be here.)
Wendell (part of the deadly trifecta that killed this season. Something particularly irksome about him that bothered me. Tried too hard to be cool.)
Brendan (really terrible Andrew Savage vibes from him. Glad he left early.)
Gonzalez (remember her coming across really unlikable during her only episode and was glad she went so???)
Michael (oh god, soooooo annoying. a) there's genuinely, genuinely no need to lie about your age on Survivor. b) I only remember him finding one idol, yet was dubbed the idol king by everyone, which was irritating. c) every confessional was sleep-inducing. d) you're in position to let other jury members know who's desrving of making the final. e) pleeeeeease don't come back.)
Old 09-12-2018, 03:16 PM #1900
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden's Season Ranking

Pearl Islands
Heroes vs Villains
Micronesia
Borneo
The Amazon
Vanuatu
Panama
China
Africa
Kaoh Rong
San Juan Del Sur
Marquesas
Cagayan
Palau
Australian Outback
Gabon
Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Tocantins
Game Changers
Guatemala
All Stars
Nicaragua
Millennials vs. Gen X
South Pacific
Philippines
Worlds Apart
*GHOST ISLAND*
Blood vs Water
Fiji

One World
Cambodia
Caramoan
Thailand
Cook Islands
Samoa
Redemption Island

Last edited by Braden; 09-12-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
survivor, thread, watch or rewatch