Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-10-2014, 06:55 PM #26
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
People are quite rightly asking if UKIP are racist due to the racist things their members say, and the fact there is a significant extreme far right (righties) presence at their functions.
They are not popular in the real sense that people think Farage is a viable PM, seemingly his edge is in the bigotted 'alf garnets' of the UK that still have that mindset.
They aren't capable of a rational discussion on immigration, heck they find it hard enough stringing a sentence together without the obligatory gaffe.

If it wasnt for the people they hang out with no one would question the dodgy views UKIP.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 07:15 PM #27
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
That isn't true and you have no evidence to back it up. I consider myself left-wing in terms of the political spectrum and I never shout racist unless they are actually saying something with intent to discriminate against a nationality. The whole "loony-left" and "politically correct" insulting of the left is a sign of weakness of the right since you cannot justify yourselves without petty primary school name-calling.
Climb down off your high horse for a minute... and look at some of the things people have said on this forum about people on the right. If you want to talk about petty name-calling, UKIP have been called everything on here including Nazis and Fascists. By that thinking, everyone on the left is a Communist? I don't support UKIP, but I support absolutely their right to have a conversation about closing the borders of our already overcrowded island. That doesn't make me a racist, but some people would claim I am just by saying that and therefore attempting to shut down any rational discussion about immigration. On this very thread UKIP supporters have been called a whole host of names. Where are your posts criticising them?

I don't hear many kids in primary school calling people lefties, incidentally.

Last edited by Livia; 22-10-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 09:32 PM #28

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

I don't think it was racist,But it was crap.
It was an attempt at being amusing whilst drumming up support for UKIP imo.
I don't see it as offensive but it was terrible.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 10:29 PM #29
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

For me, it would be better if celebrities like Mike Read kept out of political gimmicks like this.

I personally would not like to think UKIP are racist but I do have reservations following things said by some of their members and more to the point Councillors too.
They clearly have some attraction to some that hold racist views likely, they have for instance attracted support from some of those who voted BNP in the past.
I myself know a number of people who have crossed to UKIP from the BNP as voters.

UKIP still,for me anyway, keep too vague as to what they really think or why they think it.
Once some homophobic or racist or other discriminatory view gets expressed, it is in public dealt with by the hierarchy of UKIP,however my concern is as to those in the party who are maybe wiser and know how to keep quiet as to such things.
I cannot say for certain at all that I am sure UKIP may be a racist party, however,I suspect there is a lot more about them that is possibly sinister in that respect than we are allowed to really learn or see in the bigger picture.

Last edited by joeysteele; 22-10-2014 at 10:29 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 10:58 PM #30
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Climb down off your high horse for a minute... and look at some of the things people have said on this forum about people on the right. If you want to talk about petty name-calling, UKIP have been called everything on here including Nazis and Fascists. By that thinking, everyone on the left is a Communist? I don't support UKIP, but I support absolutely their right to have a conversation about closing the borders of our already overcrowded island. That doesn't make me a racist, but some people would claim I am just by saying that and therefore attempting to shut down any rational discussion about immigration. On this very thread UKIP supporters have been called a whole host of names. Where are your posts criticising them?

I don't hear many kids in primary school calling people lefties, incidentally.
If you are referring to me, (and there's really nobody else is there?) then I said members as in their representatives... the spokespersons for the organisation, I did not say anything about supporters.
I inferred UKIP may appeal to those with an alf garnet mindset, I didn't accuse anyone of being a fascist or a nazi
Old 23-10-2014, 02:17 AM #31
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_6013156.html

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
calypso, debate, dj, mike, newsnight, read, song, ukip, video