Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 26-05-2016, 12:13 PM #26
-

-

Spoiler:

The time travel thing I think could get a bit too complicated / not make sense, to be honest... it's really problematic. Why would everything have happened exactly as it already has other than a few key points in Flash itself? For example - there have been many crossover concepts between Flash and Arrow... from Barry saving them on occasion, down to little "mentioned" things like Cisco making Black Canary's sonic device. If the whole flash universe has changed... would Cisco have made that? If he didn't, was there ever any Black Canary? If not... why is Laurel Lance now dead in Arrow?

HOWEVER - don't know if we all watch Legends of Tomorrow - but there's going to be crossovers AND in the finale last week, the closing scenes involved them discussing how the Time Masters were now gone (the people previously responsible for keeping time intact, basically wiped out by the Legends), the Legends of Tomorrow team would now have to take on that responsibility... so, will we see crossovers where they have to take responsibility for making sure that all of the major "anchor points" in time that have now been screwed up by Flash are kept in order, and everything ends up as it should be or as close to it as possible? Hmmm. Also Legends ended with a member of the Justice Society (sort of a precursor to the Justice League) crash landing from the future to tell them about some major **** going down. Caused by Barry upsetting the timeline, maybe? Also, Supergirl is moving to the CW for S2 and is merging with the Flash/Arrow/Legends universe permanently (Flash went to Supergirl-world for one Supergirl episode last season, accidentlly hopping dimensions when he was testing the Tachyon device). Part of this Flash-time-reboot could maybe explain Supergirl now having access to Earth-1? I think they'll keep her world in general separate to it, becuase otherwise they have to say that Superman is now active in the Flash universe, which is a whole can of worms as they can't actually cast or use the character due to licencing issues. Basically they can only "hint at" Superman and Batman, they can't explicitly use them, e.g. I think someone mentions "That other guy... in Gotham" in an Arrow episode and in Supergirl they mainly make vague referrences to "her cousin" without him ever appearing other than an occasional glimpse.

Thinking about it though, pulling Supergirl (and maybe the whole of National City?) into Earth-1 would be a good move for that show as it eliminates that issue. Superman would be left back in his own world, and Supergirl would now be the only Kryptonian on Earth-1. Solves a lot of problems really. Maybe even hinted at with Zoom talking about "merging universes" and Earth 1 being the focal point? Hmmm...

Anyway... I do agree that it's a good bet that "real" Earth-1 Harry will be the "new Wells" next season, with Barry stopping Thawne in the past now meaning that he won't kill and replace him. That could be interesting - would be a sort of fun tradition to have Wells be in every series but a new version every time
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:05 PM #27
Namaste

Namaste

Spoiler:

It's been confirmed that Tom Cavanagh is returning as a regular for Season 3 (though I don't think we ever thought otherwise ), so hopefully this means Earth-1 Wells is gonna be a big part of the season. He's one of the characters I'm most interested in since we've only ever seen the real him briefly in flashbacks.

I think I'm more excited for Season 3 than I was for Season 2 since this reset timeline opens up a bunch of new story avenues!
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 06:15 PM #28
Namaste

Namaste

The title of Season 3's premiere has been revealed.

Spoiler:

It's called "Flashpoint", so this confirms the Flashpoint story from the comics that I've been hearing so much about since the finale. That was already pretty much confirmed after what happened in the finale but this episode title is a nice touch.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/20...point-season-3
Old 30-06-2016, 09:49 PM #29
Namaste

Namaste

Some cool casting news, Tom Felton's joined Season 3 as a regular

http://tvline.com/2016/06/30/the-fla...lian-dorn-csi/
Old 30-06-2016, 11:11 PM #30
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
The title of Season 3's premiere has been revealed.

Spoiler:

It's called "Flashpoint", so this confirms the Flashpoint story from the comics that I've been hearing so much about since the finale. That was already pretty much confirmed after what happened in the finale but this episode title is a nice touch.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/20...point-season-3
Spoiler:

"Aquaman is at war with Wonder Woman; Batman is Thomas Wayne, not Bruce Wayne; Captain Cold is actually a Central City hero named Citizen Cold."

Hmmmm now that Captain Cold has been killed off in Legends, likely that Wentworth Miller will have a few episodes on Flash as Citizen Cold? It seems likely that the Legends crew will be unaffected by the changes that Flash has made, probably outside the timeline at the time it was changed, especially with the finale where they were warned that the future is ****ed (because of Flash, probably).

Interested to see what it means for Arrow, though. The end of Season 4 felt a lot like a semi-reboot anyway...
Old 30-06-2016, 11:19 PM #31
Banned

Banned

If you fancy learning a bit more about Flashpoint but don't want to bother with the comics, watch The Flashpoint Paradox. It's rather great.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:45 AM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If you fancy learning a bit more about Flashpoint but don't want to bother with the comics, watch The Flashpoint Paradox. It's rather great.

Dezzy what Ch. is it on?
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:45 PM #33
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Dezzy what Ch. is it on?
It's a film. DC tends to release three animated films a year which cover storylines from the comics that can't be done easily in live action and The Flashpoint Paradox is one of them.

If you like that I'd also recommend the following:

Batman: Under the Red Hood (My personal favourite Batman film)
The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 & 2
Wonder Woman
Batman: Attack on Arkham (It's a Suicide Squad film and it's excellent)
Justice League: Gods and Monsters

The DC animated films tend to be a little hit and miss but when they're on point they're amazing.

Last edited by Tom4784; 01-07-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:48 PM #34
Namaste

Namaste

I've heard good things about The Flashpoint Paradox in regards to it going for a mature tone so I'm definitely gonna check that out.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:04 PM #35
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I've heard good things about The Flashpoint Paradox in regards to it going for a mature tone so I'm definitely gonna check that out.
Yeah, most of the animated films tend to be aimed at older audience, they tend to be quite violent.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:12 PM #36
Namaste

Namaste

Oh I should really look into watching more of them then. I always assumed they were along the same lines of the animated series that they had on Cartoon Network and more accessible for the younger viewers
Old 01-07-2016, 03:17 PM #37
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Oh I should really look into watching more of them then. I always assumed they were along the same lines of the animated series that they had on Cartoon Network and more accessible for the younger viewers
I thought the same before I watched them and then I realised that wasn't the case.

I don't think we'll ever see the likes of Flashpoint, Gods and Monsters or Attack on Arkham on Cartoon Network on a saturday morning any time soon.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:21 PM #38

Yes the Dark Knight
a Top Film 10 Outta 10
BluRay
1080P
DTSHD 5.1 Sound
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:13 PM #39
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes the Dark Knight
a Top Film 10 Outta 10
BluRay
1080P
DTSHD 5.1 Sound
Have to be honest, while I do think Ledger played a brilliant Joker... I really don't rate Bale as batman at all. He's not the worst - that would be George Clooney - but I don't think he makes a good Batman and especially not a good Bruce Wayne.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:05 PM #40
Namaste

Namaste

Costume revealed for a character in Season 3 (I'll spoiler who to be on the safe side )

Spoiler:

Wally's becoming Kid Flash, I guess as a result of Flashpoint

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/1...e-as-kid-flash

Last edited by Lostie!; 12-07-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:14 PM #41
Namaste

Namaste

Apparently Tobin Bell (from the Saw movies) has a role in Season 3,
Spoiler:

voicing the new villain Dr Alchemy (and people are speculating that this is who Tom Felton's character will turn out to be).

Since Tobin is just voicing the role (like Tony Todd with Zoom last season), I assume they're continuing the tradition of having the main villain's identity be a mystery for a good while (which I'm here for, it's been one of my favourite aspects of the show ).

Last edited by Lostie!; 02-08-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:28 PM #42
Namaste

Namaste

Some more Season 3 news:

Spoiler:

Another evil speedster for Season 3 has been announced, Savitar (I assume that's the one seen in set photos and the trailer played by Todd Lasance).

I'm excited to see what the character's all about but having the main villain of the season be an evil speedster risks getting old so I hope they mix it up with Alchemy maybe being the true big bad.

Also, Grodd is returning for a two-part episode in Gorilla City
Old 12-08-2016, 01:42 PM #43
Banned

Banned

Yaay...another speedster....
Old 12-08-2016, 01:44 PM #44
Namaste

Namaste

I tend to agree.

I just hope that part is downplayed this time and isn't the main driving story.
Old 14-09-2016, 02:02 PM #45
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Some more Season 3 news:

Spoiler:

Another evil speedster for Season 3 has been announced, Savitar (I assume that's the one seen in set photos and the trailer played by Todd Lasance).

I'm excited to see what the character's all about but having the main villain of the season be an evil speedster risks getting old so I hope they mix it up with Alchemy maybe being the true big bad.

Also, Grodd is returning for a two-part episode in Gorilla City
So about this

Spoiler:

Todd Lasance apparently isn't playing Savitar and is playing a character called The Rival instead (who I believe is another villainous speedster in the comics), so that's at least two villain speedsters in the new season. How many of those do we need? (but I do like Todd Lasance and think he's great for villain roles especially)

I just hope the evil speedsters aren't the predominant focus of the arc because, as has been said, that angle's being done to death now. That said, Savitar does sound interesting so I am intrigued, I just hope they can make it fresh. But yeah, my main interest is in Dr Alchemy tbh.
Old 14-09-2016, 03:41 PM #46
Banned

Banned

Quote:
So about this

Spoiler:

Todd Lasance apparently isn't playing Savitar and is playing a character called The Rival instead (who I believe is another villainous speedster in the comics), so that's at least two villain speedsters in the new season. How many of those do we need? (but I do like Todd Lasance and think he's great for villain roles especially)

I just hope the evil speedsters aren't the predominant focus of the arc because, as has been said, that angle's being done to death now. That said, Savitar does sound interesting so I am intrigued, I just hope they can make it fresh. But yeah, my main interest is in Dr Alchemy tbh.
Spoiler:

I think (and hope) the Dr. Alchemy will be the main villain but the speedsters will just be there to give Barry someone to fight. The writers are always going to have an evil speedster because they aren't good enough to write other types of villains as a season long threat by themselves.
Old 16-10-2016, 01:08 AM #47
Namaste

Namaste

Just watched the first two episodes of Season 3.
Spoiler:

Earth 1 Caitlin getting Killer Frost powers Though I have a feeling she won't go full supervillain in this universe.

Very intrigued about Alchemy and what his goal is. He reminds me slightly of Zoom just because of the masked / deep voiced thing but I'm glad the apparent big bad isn't a speedster this time around.

I am wondering if they're gonna continue on the tradition and have him be someone we know, Julian would probably be the assumption but I'd love if he was Harrison Wells and him giving people their Flashpoint powers is a riff on Fake Wells giving the metas their powers the first time around.

We never saw Wells in Flashpoint and even though most of that has already been reversed we know the timeline still has some big changes so I do wonder if Wells is still alive.
Old 16-10-2016, 01:12 AM #48
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

All I am gonna say is... I am team Tom Felton... the Flash is seeming a little douche this season
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 09:18 AM #49
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
All I am gonna say is... I am team Tom Felton... the Flash is seeming a little douche this season
Draco is being an arse as well but yeah, I agree, Flash's response to being "disliked for unknown reasons" seems just be be to be a cocky, sarcastic and sneery dick . Find myself a bit like, "well no wonder he doesn't like you".

Spoiler:

my prediction for Killer Frost is that she will probably be bad for an episode, under the control of Alchemy somehow, but that she will break away from that while still retaining her powers. They seem to be getting around to powering up Vibe this season and I feel like we might see Kid Flash again for a bit so they seem to be going for a mini "superhero team", maybe? Especially as there are going to be the big Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Legends events.
Old 22-01-2017, 12:19 PM #50
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Waiting on Season 3 to get on Sky! Dammit Dammit Dammit

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote