Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 03-11-2022, 09:43 PM #1

Default BB10 house has to be the worst house ever

By far the worst house compared to all the other houses. It's weird because the BB9 and BB11 houses are both considered to be the best-looking houses, you'd think the BB10 house would look a little bit better because it's right in the middle but it really isn't.

Problems with the house:
  • The stairs were the same as last years
  • the living room had a huge bug on its entrance along with orange arcs, yellow walls, a multicolored dining table, green,orange and yellow carpet and to make it a little more worser, there was a bright blue barge door...
  • the bathroom was the barge door, and was the inside of a van, with an orange bath and toilet.
  • the bedroom was just a pile of crates used as beds with a tacky overused paint splatter design
  • the kitchen was 80% plywood
  • the garden had a random bus stop which was so out of place, along with yellow walls, cactuses, and confusing wire meshes
  • the diary room chair didn't even like like a diary room chair, it was just an expensive designer chair

The house was literally so disgusting, i don't know wtf production was thinking, I feel bad for the housemates as they had to live there for almost 100 days. This is definitely one of the many reasons why the season had the lowest ratings on C4. Everywhere was just an eyesore and out of place, the living room was the only tolerable part of the house. Davina didn't even give the house a proper tour either. it's sad because the eye was definetley one of the best we've ever had, but it went unused. I never saw any purple in the house.... (and i dont know why) which was very disappointing, instead they mainly used orange and yellow, which is the worst colour combination of all time. those colours didn't even mix with anything, and when the purple subtitles came on screen, it just looked horrible because the house was a completely different colour.

In the early house pictures, you can see that the living room entrance is grey and the arcs are white instead of orange, and there is also no carpet. I think that would've been a better idea than having it orange and yellow.
I dont understand why the budget of this season was so bad, considering BB11 was so high. They could've done a little bit more...
anthonyaza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:14 AM #2
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

BB10 I think had it's budget slashed because the ratings had dropped.

And BB11 had it's budget increased in certain areas because Ch4 wanted the Show to end with a bang.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:33 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Yeah i hated BB10 house , the deco was like half prison vibes with a dash of basic gym locker room and hostel design, especially the cheap looking bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen was really dull looking aswell.
Old 05-11-2022, 09:41 AM #4

I'd be more critical of it if it wasn't for the recession, so you have to factor that in, in fairness. I like the bedroom and think the living room is the best one out of all C4 series; I like that it's separate from the main body of the house, like BB6's living room. But yes, the colours definitely could have been better!
Old 11-11-2022, 09:47 PM #5

Ratings were dropping so I would imagine they were more money conscious. That said, you don’t need heaps of money to make the house look good… it was the fact that it was so disjointed.

It was almost like they did the sci-fi theme but then realised how bland and colourless it looked, so they added bright colours which just didn’t go with the theme. Then you had the shipping container bathroom which didn’t lend itself to the theme. If the whole house had been more industrial it would have made sense. The bedroom and the kitchen had the whole wood chip thing going on.

They should have stuck to the sci-fi theme, or opted for a more industrial look. Piecing them together just looked odd.

I didn’t mind the staircase being the same. BB6/7/8 were basically just the same basic set of stairs redecorated and the double entrance was probably an expensive build. But it would have been much better if it was decorated more in keeping with the eviction interview set that year - dark walls with neon purple lighting.
Joel2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 02:34 AM #6

I’ve got to admit, I pay more attention to the actual people in the houses than the aesthetics.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 07:17 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I’ve got to admit, I pay more attention to the actual people in the houses than the aesthetics.

Same .

Although I stopped watching Celeb Get Me Out when it wasn’t in the jungle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2022, 07:45 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Same .

Although I stopped watching Celeb Get Me Out when it wasn’t in the jungle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, I’ve never watched that show beyond a couple of episodes so I can’t comment on that.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb10, house, worst