Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-03-2015, 08:42 PM #76
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Let's just watch this for a bit Paul
Old 13-03-2015, 09:00 PM #77
-

-

No let's upset ourselves with universe stuff!

Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 05:40 AM #78

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
No let's upset ourselves with universe stuff!

So how many times would Earth fit into VY Canis Majoris

Answers on a postcard......
Old 14-03-2015, 06:09 AM #79
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
So how many times would Earth fit into VY Canis Majoris

Answers on a postcard......
Google answers says... Haha... 70,000,000,000,000,000. 70 Quadrillion planet earths.

And that's just one star in an ocean of stars - estimates of between 100 billion and 400 billion stars in our own galaxy, and up to 500 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Potentially upwards of 50 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 stars in the universe, taking into account the variable size of galaxies.

It's mind boggling. I hate and love thinking about this stuff in equal measure.

... And yet even with figures like those, people still question whether or not there is other intelligent life in the universe . This entire planet isn't even a speck of dust.
Old 14-03-2015, 06:15 AM #80

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Google answers says... Haha... 70,000,000,000,000,000. 70 Quadrillion planet earths.

And that's just one star in an ocean of stars - estimates of between 100 billion and 400 billion stars in our own galaxy, and up to 500 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Potentially upwards of 50 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 stars in the universe, taking into account the variable size of galaxies.

... And yet even with figures like those, people still question whether or not there is other intelligent life in the universe . This entire planet isn't even a speck of dust.
Amazing...... and we haven't even touched on the Unobservable Universe, God only knows how big that is. Or other Universes as per the Multiverse theory...

All I know is we are very very small and insignificant in the Grand scheme of things.
Old 14-03-2015, 06:41 AM #81
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Amazing...... and we haven't even touched on the Unobservable Universe, God only knows how big that is. Or other Universes as per the Multiverse theory...

All I know is we are very very small and insignificant in the Grand scheme of things.
Yep, definitely possible that there are countless billion multiverses too, and who knows? Maybe those are grouped into something bigger again and there are billions of those bigger groups.

I do start feeling a bit ill if I give it too much thought, hah.
Old 14-03-2015, 07:11 AM #82
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

Its a wonder god had time to get cross about the incident in the garden of eden after making all of them

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 02:11 AM #83

We have seeded new life ourselves. Using invitro fertilization, also creating new species with genetics and cloning, and of course eugenics by nazi;s and slave owners trying to create better humans.. If there are aliens, it's not crazy to assume they would have experimented with genetics as well.
Old 15-03-2015, 09:41 AM #84
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
We have seeded new life ourselves. Using invitro fertilization, also creating new species with genetics and cloning, and of course eugenics by nazi;s and slave owners trying to create better humans.. If there are aliens, it's not crazy to assume they would have experimented with genetics as well.
Maybe they were experimenting and created humans, and then were like "OMG we totally ****ed up, Wtf is this??" but they had some sort of ethics law that meant they couldn't kill failed experiments, so they just sought out a habitable planet and dumped us here...
Old 15-03-2015, 10:00 AM #85

Quote:
Maybe they were experimenting and created humans, and then were like "OMG we totally ****ed up, Wtf is this??" but they had some sort of ethics law that meant they couldn't kill failed experiments, so they just sought out a habitable planet and dumped us here...

If Aliens get you
they go Anal probe
as they want to look at your Gut
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 10:18 AM #86
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
If Aliens get you
they go Anal probe
as they want to look at your Gut
That sounds like an average Tuesday, Arista.
Old 15-03-2015, 11:14 AM #87

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Now here is a probem
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 03:13 PM #88
-

-

But if there is no such thing as the individual and we are all interconnected... Then on some level... The Truth is a woman, Kirklancaster is a Muslim, and Arista is a carbon-based life form! TiBB will implode.
Old 15-03-2015, 05:00 PM #89

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But if there is no such thing as the individual and we are all interconnected... Then on some level... The Truth is a woman, Kirklancaster is a Muslim, and Arista is a carbon-based life form! TiBB will implode.
Yep and on some level i'm a gay muslim skinny over weight butch lesbian Tory feminist who is against replacing Trident but wants to Nuke the world and create a democratic new world order dictatirship
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 01:17 AM #90
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

http://www.ubuntuparty.co.uk/

Last edited by Kizzy; 23-03-2015 at 02:04 AM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 03:09 PM #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear... I cannot believe that intelligent people who ridicule people of orthodox faith for their belief in a Supernatural Deity, gullibly swallow this utter drivel about Super-technological Deities.

Zecharia Stitchin was a fraudster who made a lot of money by peddling unsubstantiated 'We were created by Aliens' garbage to susceptible people, and Michael Tellinger is very successfully following the same get rich quick route - along with other routes Stitchin never dreamt of.

On his 'Ubuntu' website:

http://http://www.michaeltellinger.com/ubuntu-cont.php

Tellinger champions the 'Ubuntu' movement - " A BLUEPRINT FOR A NEW SOCIAL STRUCTURE" - and deftly melds this movement into his B.S. Stitchin-based books and videos on ET Gods. Here is an excerpt from it:

"Money
Most people are under the incorrect assumption that money is the consequence of human evolution and thousands of years of barter and trade.

As hard as this may be for some people to accept, that is an incorrect assumption. Meticulous scrutiny of our human history shows very clearly that money was introduced several thousand years ago, by a small group of royal political elites as the supreme tool of enslavement of the masses.

Since the very first introduction of money this small group of very powerful individuals have controlled the printing and supply of money, and thereby control the activities on planet Earth.

Money is the obstacle to all progress and the cause of all misery on Earth.
Money is the major contributing factor to the gross separation and segregation in society.
Money is the cause of 99% of crime.
Money causes families to fall apart.
Money is the driving force behind ego, gluttony, jealousy, greed, envy and all the ugliest aspects of humanity.

The solution is quite clear. REMOVE the problem.

Remove MONEY from society."

You can read more of this crap on the Ubuntu website, although it is of course, not money which is the cause of all evil, but HUMAN greed for money.

That aside, I am struck by the fact that despite espousing the above creed, Tellinger has made, and is increasingly making, colossal amounts of MONEY from a succession of best-selling books, videos, world tour lectures, and from a Bar, Bistro and museum which he has opened at the very site which all those books, videos, websites and world lectures tours are driving the nutjobs to in their thousands:

"Author, scientist (he is not a scientist at all) explorer, Michael Tellinger, has created a haven for travellers and tourists on the N4 to Nelspruit. The perfect stop-over by the Elands River in the mountainous town of Waterval Boven, for the hungry and the curious travellers. Consisting of a small country bistro, bar, bookshop AND museum, Michael aims to turn Stone Circle Bistro into a place where new-age thinkers meet and share ideas, and host regular talks and events with fascinating guest speakers."

Not bad for the chief proponent of Ubuntu with its self-declared denouncement of all things monetary. I wonder where Tellinger keeps all that loot he's making if he deplores banks so much?

In 2010 Tellinger was also accused of fraud after he started a 'Charity' for one of his friends - Credo Mutwa - and this below is an excerpt from from Tellinger's denial statement:

"An anonymous, faceless individual, who states that he
represents a large organisation of over 10,000 people, donated a large sum of money towards Credo Mutwa (one of Tellinger's friends ) which he paid into my account. I have been accused of keeping the money and not paying it to Credo, thereby stealing large amounts of money from him."

To be fair, later in the statement Tellinger does publicly challenge his 'anonymous' accuser to identify himself and prove his allegations, but in the spirit of 'the 'No Smoke Without Fire' based witch-hunt of Cliff Richard on another thread, I thought I'd put this out there concerning this 'New Age' Evangelist.

Follow the links below, and you will see; Stitchin comprehensively debunked, 'Ancient Aliens' comprehensively debunked, and most of 'Money-Man' false Apostle Michael Tellinger's claims in the video I am responding to, debunked.

I say; 'most' because, although Tellinger's 'Stitchin-based' Anunnaki/Nibiru based crud is irrefutably wrong, and although their are grave problems with his 'so-called' 'Adam's Calender', I do not agree with 'mainstream experts' opinions that the millions of stone geometric structures are 'kralls', and I do believe that, here at least, Tellinger is 'onto something' - though not 'Annunaki' power centres and human (Adamu) cloning compounds as he contends.

One point to illustrate how banal Tellinger's 'theories' really are; is that he explains away the complete dearth of every scrap of archeological evidence, which would corroborate his looneytunes claim that huge hordes of cloned slave humans inhabited the site, by saying that a catastrophic flood 'washed away all traces of these Annunaki engineered slave humans.

Oh yeah, but it left the weakly built stack-stone walls of 'millions' of stone circles intact?

In short;

A) Stitchin's claims are a pile of crap.
B) 90% of Tellinger's claims are built on Stitchin's claims.
C) The other 10% is more crackpot theory than scientific fact - despite what Tellinger states as fact.

Follow the links and see for yourself:

http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/sitchinerrors.htm

http://http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

http://http://ancientaliensdebunked....ipts/anunnaki/

http://http://01universe.blogspot.co...k-michael.html

http://http://www.news24.com/MyNews2...nites-20130514

I really recommend the 'Ancient Aliens Debunked' video and the 'Ancient Aliens debunked References and Transcripts.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 03:21 PM #92
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear... I cannot believe that intelligent people who ridicule people of orthodox faith for their belief in a Supernatural Deity, gullibly swallow this utter drivel about Super-technological Deities.

Bit hypocritical for you to be so dismissive of my beliefs and yet yours are to be held as the truth... even though neither have any concrete evidence.

Am I surprised however?... No.
Old 27-03-2015, 03:31 PM #93

Quote:

Bit hypocritical for you to be so dismissive of my beliefs and yet yours are to be held as the truth... even though neither have any concrete evidence.

Am I surprised however?... No.
Circular argument Kizzy. My very first paragraph precludes your response.
Old 27-03-2015, 03:38 PM #94
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I'm not arguing... I have my view I don't care what yours is, or what you think of mine.
Old 27-03-2015, 04:11 PM #95

Quote:
I'm not arguing... I have my view I don't care what yours is, or what you think of mine.
I am not arguing either Kizzy. I have never mocked anyone's religion, but you have mocked Christianity, God, Jesus and The Virgin Mary numerous times in posts for no reason at all and off topic. This being so, I really don't understand your response or your claim that it is me who is hypocritical - 'Ancient Alien Theory' is NOT a religion, Christianity is.

There is also far more persuasive circumstantial evidence and written testimony to justify my beliefs, but none to justify Stitchin, Tellinger, Von Daniken et al only a wealth of evidence and written testimony from experts which exposes their theories for the crapola they are - whether that's your belief or not and whether you choose to ignore such expert testimony or not.

You have a right to believe what you want as I have.

Years ago when I was 'searching' for some answers to life, I researched different religions, a lot of philosophies and even thought about whether God was super-technological instead of supernatural - long before 'Chariot of The Gods' was published. Once it was published, I believed most of Von Daniken's theories and collected HUNDREDS of books on 'Ancient Aliens' to Earth Mythologies to Carlos Castanada's 'Don Juan'.

I still believed in Ancient Aliens when I chose to become a Christian (but not that they seeded life on Earth) but over the years - as I have read more - I realise that far from enriching our minds, Ancient Alien authors and proponents. are merely enriching themselves - financially -- hence my points about Tellinger.

I did not realise that you 'believed' in this stuff as if it were a religion.
Old 27-03-2015, 04:41 PM #96
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I am not arguing either Kizzy. I have never mocked anyone's religion, but you have mocked Christianity, God, Jesus and The Virgin Mary numerous times in posts for no reason at all and off topic. This being so, I really don't understand your response or your claim that it is me who is hypocritical - 'Ancient Alien Theory' is NOT a religion, Christianity is.

There is also far more persuasive circumstantial evidence and written testimony to justify my beliefs, but none to justify Stitchin, Tellinger, Von Daniken et al only a wealth of evidence and written testimony from experts which exposes their theories for the crapola they are - whether that's your belief or not and whether you choose to ignore such expert testimony or not.

You have a right to believe what you want as I have.

Years ago when I was 'searching' for some answers to life, I researched different religions, a lot of philosophies and even thought about whether God was super-technological instead of supernatural - long before 'Chariot of The Gods' was published. Once it was published, I believed most of Von Daniken's theories and collected HUNDREDS of books on 'Ancient Aliens' to Earth Mythologies to Carlos Castanada's 'Don Juan'.

I still believed in Ancient Aliens when I chose to become a Christian (but not that they seeded life on Earth) but over the years - as I have read more - I realise that far from enriching our minds, Ancient Alien authors and proponents. are merely enriching themselves - financially -- hence my points about Tellinger.

I did not realise that you 'believed' in this stuff as if it were a religion.
I have never mocked or said I don't believe in god, It's organised religions I have an issue with.
I don't have any provisos or rules attached to what I believe, nor do I accept any labels. My beliefs are personal.
Old 27-03-2015, 05:49 PM #97
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Everybody's beliefs are personal.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 07:56 PM #98
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I've never suggested any different.
Old 27-03-2015, 08:24 PM #99
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Everyone's beliefs are my business, actually.
Old 27-03-2015, 09:51 PM #100
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Agreed. Atheism is not an intellectual achievement, the same way any religion also is not.

Quote:
I've never suggested any different.
I believe this to be true based off of most of your views.
JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aliens, earth, life, seed