Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:53 AM #51
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

[QUOTE=kirklancaster;7634240]This is a polite and civil response to your post above which is directly addressed to me, and is a response borne out of common courtesy because your post demands answers from me to questions which are directed to me in the said post.

First, may I clear something up? You quote a section of my post in the opening of your post above, yet it is actually credited as you quoting your own post because it actually reads as;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
'To accept your illogical deduction would be to contend that ALL MUSLIMS interpret such verses of violence LITERALLY - when they quite patently DO NOT, because if that was the case Jihadists would not be in the MINORITY and nearly 2 BILLION MUSLIMS would be waging terrorist war on the rest of humanity.'

Surely the excerpt should be preceded by 'Quote: Kirklancaster' to clearly identify the quoted passage as being mine?

Anyway, just as long as it's clear that the above excerpt is from my post, we'll continue:

You ask me above: "Then why take issue with the Quran and quote the parts you have, what was the intention?"

Yet, I quoted the parts of the Quran DIRECTLY IN RESPONSE to YOUR DIRECT REQUEST FOR ME TO DO SO in the post I am responding to as I show below:

"Can you support these claims with fact, where is it written that the Quran urges these barbaric acts?"

Do you see now Kizzy how confused and confusing your posts can be?

A) I make a rational HONEST statement in a post which says that there are 109 verses within the Quran which exhort violence.
B) You imply that I am lying and ask if I can prove this statement.
C) In response to your request, I post a selection of Quranic verses which exhort violence.
D) You then respond and ask me WHY I 'TAKE ISSUE WITH THE QURAN AND POST THE PARTS I HAVE'

More:

You ask me:

"If the Quran exhorts this retribution then every Muslim in the world might act on that teaching, is that right?"

First of all, you are mistaken in the above, because NONE of the violence in these verses of the Quran are RETRIBUTIONAL.

Retribution implies REACTIONARY VIOLENCE, REPRISAL, COUNTER ACTION, yet the violence exhorted by these verses is none of these, Muhammad is inciting his faithful to INITIATE war, and to ATTACK.

A lot of the verses were recited to inspire and motivate the faithful to raid Arab trade caravans, or to attack Medina and slaughter its besieged citizens etc.

Just thought I would clear that error up.

Coming to your question; technically, to be precise, because the incitement for all FAITHFULL DEVOUT Muslims to violence in the cause of Allah IS THERE in these verses, then, yes, "every Muslim in the world might act on that teaching.

However, such a possibility is very remote because - as I have stated many,many times - MOST MUSLIMS ARE MODERATE PEACE LOVING PEOPLE OF FAITH who do not interpret the passages in their Holy Book in the same literal manner which the fundamentalist extremists do. In fact I ALREADY STATED AS MUCH WHEN I WROTE IN THE VERY PASSAGE YOU QUOTE FROM ABOVE:

'To accept your illogical deduction would be to contend that ALL MUSLIMS interpret such verses of violence LITERALLY - when they quite patently DO NOT, because if that was the case Jihadists would not be in the MINORITY and nearly 2 BILLION MUSLIMS would be waging terrorist war on the rest of humanity.'
to contend that ALL MUSLIMS interpret such verses of violence LITERALLY - when they quite patently DO NOT, because if that was the case Jihadists would not be in the MINORITY and nearly 2 BILLION MUSLIMS would be waging terrorist war on the rest of humanity."

So - again - Kizzy, you are asking me a question in this post when I have already stated the answer in the VERY PASSAGE WHICH YOU QUOTE AT THE VERY OPENING OF YOUR POST.

Do you see now Kizzy how confused and confusing your posts can be?

To close; your appendage of the question; "Is that right?" would imply a 'leading question' but I do not want to be drawn into futile counter-productive argument because that is not what I joined this forum for, and I have answered your questions, so I will end by saying that - in light of Josy's warning earlier today - I am now going to put you on ignore and I genuinely beseech you to put me on ignore then we may avoid further unpleasantness and trouble.

I hope that I have answered all your questions. Thank you.

Yes the portion I quoted was yours.

'Muhammad is inciting his faithful to INITIATE war, and to ATTACK'
This is also a quote from your post, how exactly did this prophet do this?

'Coming to your question; technically, to be precise, because the incitement for all FAITHFULL DEVOUT Muslims to violence in the cause of Allah IS THERE in these verses, then, yes, "every Muslim in the world might act on that teaching.'

This quote answers my earlier query thankyou.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antiislamisation, group, holds, march, newcastle, pegida, uk