Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Should the UK remain in the EU or leave?
Remain 30 54.55%
Remain
30 54.55%
Leave 18 32.73%
Leave
18 32.73%
Undecided 7 12.73%
Undecided
7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-04-2019, 07:30 AM #4276
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

I did wonder, with he media profile at the moment if Philip Hammond MP would make a good replacement PM, but when he was a transport secretary he questioned why trains did not stop at level crossings to let the cars go by...

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 08:57 AM #4277

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Well said Lime
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 10:16 AM #4278
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
I have to disagree with you Vicky.The EU will not allow Brexit "stuff" to carry on for years.
With all due respect ...this is a UK decision ...we need to know what you want so we can ALL move on...But if the UK can not decide what this Brexit stuff is ...how do expect us to?

So frustrating as an Irish/South African watching your media let Brexiteers go unchallenged ..They lie constantly...you will hear some say let's get on with "it".
Would be helpfull if the UK let the EU what "it" was.

An Irish friend of mine told me to listen to nigel Farage on LBC so I did a week ago..OH my in the space of an hour he contractided himself 4 times .This myth that the EU are holding the UK in the EU...whilst May was seeking to extend .The Uk is free to leave at any time.

Iknow this is petty but it annoys me when British media report that May was left alone till the early hours waiting for EU to decide your faith...as if this was the EU trying to humiliate you guys.May can not be part of those disscussions amongst EU nations as she no longer wants to be part of the EU.I have seen "mainly in the Telegraph" that the remaining left May on her own whilst they ate and drank.For the love that allis sacred ...do their readers not get that it might take a couple of hours for 27 coutries to come to an agreement...If the Uk can't agree with themselves over 3 yrs Why when the remaing 27 take a few hours it is considered an insult
They are not unchallenged though, that is why there is gridlock?

'it' is no deal for Brexiteers

'it' is another ref for remainers

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 13-04-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 10:19 AM #4279
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I have to disagree with you Vicky.The EU will not allow Brexit "stuff" to carry on for years.
With all due respect ...this is a UK decision ...we need to know what you want so we can ALL move on...But if the UK can not decide what this Brexit stuff is ...how do expect us to?
Snipped though was a fantastic post overall.

Yeah I guess thats true, the EU won't let us take the piss forever, just because our politicians have no clue. Whenever the EU stop giving us more time, then I suspect a revote will happen. Leave with no deal V revoke article 50 (if they arent so sick of us by then that they remove that option!)

IF this has not happened by the time of a general election, I think both Labour and Tories will purposely try to lose, as neither actually want to deal with it, regardless of what they say, and really, those are our two realistic options (currently, with a bit of luck something will change, as I find both parties to be crap right now)
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 13-04-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 10:22 AM #4280
-

-

Quote:

So frustrating as an Irish/South African watching your media let Brexiteers go unchallenged ..They lie constantly...you will hear some say let's get on with "it".
Would be helpfull if the UK let the EU what "it" was.

An Irish friend of mine told me to listen to nigel Farage on LBC so I did a week ago..OH my in the space of an hour he contractided himself 4 times .This myth that the EU are holding the UK in the EU...whilst May was seeking to extend .The Uk is free to leave at any time.

Iknow this is petty but it annoys me when British media report that May was left alone till the early hours waiting for EU to decide your faith...as if this was the EU trying to humiliate you guys.May can not be part of those disscussions amongst EU nations as she no longer wants to be part of the EU.I have seen "mainly in the Telegraph" that the remaining left May on her own whilst they ate and drank.For the love that allis sacred ...do their readers not get that it might take a couple of hours for 27 coutries to come to an agreement...If the Uk can't agree with themselves over 3 yrs Why when the remaing 27 take a few hours it is considered an insult
The problem with this thinking is that it seems to operate on the basis that the people of the UK "decided we all wanted to leave" and have now "changed or can't make up our minds" and that that's the cause of delay. The accurate picture is that it was so close to being 50/50 that coming to a consensus was always going to be very difficult if not impossible; and that's compounded by the fact that at this point it's quite likely that Brexit ISN'T even what the majority want, and yet it's still being pushed to conclusion anyway.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 10:24 AM #4281
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Snipped though was a fantastic post overall.

Yeah I guess thats true, the EU won't let us take the piss forever, just because our politicians have no clue. Whenever the EU stop giving us more time, then I suspect a revote will happen. Leave with no deal V revoke article 50 (if they arent so sick of us by then that they remove that option!)
Thankfully, that can't happen; it's already been legally decided that A50 can be withdrawn at any point before any established deadline, even if it's literally the last minute, and the EU will accept the cancellation.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:25 AM #4282
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The problem with this thinking is that it seems to operate on the basis that the people of the UK "decided we all wanted to leave" and have now "changed or can't make up our minds" and that that's the cause of delay. The accurate picture is that it was so close to being 50/50 that coming to a consensus was always going to be very difficult if not impossible; and that's compounded by the fact that at this point it's quite likely that Brexit ISN'T even what the majority want, and yet it's still being pushed to conclusion anyway.

Lime is missing the point that its a remainer Parliament, if it were a leaver Parliament we would have been out on no deal.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 13-04-2019, 10:26 AM #4283
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Thankfully, that can't happen; it's already been legally decided that A50 can be withdrawn at any point before any established deadline, even if it's literally the last minute, and the EU will accept the cancellation.
Ah thats good to know I suppose.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 10:30 AM #4284
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Lime is missing the point that its a remainer Parliament, if it were a leaver Parliament we would have been out on no deal.
I mean I'm just going to be blunt and say that (as awful people as many of them are); it's a remainer parliament because MP's generally have a half-decent level of education, and "Leave" is the vote of mercenary speculative capitalist Tories who stand to gain from everyone else's loss, and the unfortunate saps who were economically naive enough to be sucked in by their rhetoric.

The whole reason that the Brexit ref. ever even happened can be summed up by David Cameron and chums sat round a table saying "Yeah allowing the ref would be a real votes winner, and surely no one is stupid enough to actually vote for economic suicide, right lol?"
Old 13-04-2019, 10:33 AM #4285
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I mean I'm just going to be blunt and say that (as awful people as many of them are); it's a remainer parliament because MP's generally have a half-decent level of education, and "Leave" is the vote of mercenary speculative capitalist Tories who stand to gain from everyone else's loss, and the unfortunate saps who were economically naive enough to be sucked in by their rhetoric.

The whole reason that the Brexit ref. ever even happened can be summed up by David Cameron and chums sat round a table saying "Yeah allowing the ref would be a real votes winner, and surely no one is stupid enough to actually vote for economic suicide, right lol?"
Pretty much, I read somewhere yesterday that one of Farages new recruits is making heaps of money out of Brexit volatility in the markets, he won't be the only one....its all about money, and they don't really care if you lose your job, no skin of their nose

Old 13-04-2019, 10:44 AM #4286
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

i was always of the mind that i don't really care if we are in or out of the EU, but trashing existing trade agreements when we are not in a position of strength is the height of stupidity.

I get that people don't like being dictated to by outside sources, but that's what life is like in the big bad world. The country or block with the biggest sword dictates the terms most favourable to it. It's been that way since time began. To suggest that we would be better off negotiating from a position of weakness is just complete stupidity.

Last edited by bitontheslide; 13-04-2019 at 10:44 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 10:45 AM #4287
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i was always of the mind that i don't really care if we are in or out of the EU, but trashing existing trade agreements when we are not in a psition of strength is the height of stupidity.

I get that people don't like being dictated to by outside sources, but that's what life is like in the big bad world. The country or block with the biggest sword dictates the terms most favourable to it. It's been that way since time began. To suggest that we would be better of negotiating from a position of weakness is just complete stupidity.

Yes, how people in all honesty think the UK will be on the front foot with China, USA ect is madness

Old 13-04-2019, 10:54 AM #4288
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i was always of the mind that i don't really care if we are in or out of the EU, but trashing existing trade agreements when we are not in a position of strength is the height of stupidity.

I get that people don't like being dictated to by outside sources, but that's what life is like in the big bad world. The country or block with the biggest sword dictates the terms most favourable to it. It's been that way since time began. To suggest that we would be better off negotiating from a position of weakness is just complete stupidity.
Quote:
[/B]

Yes, how people in all honesty think the UK will be on the front foot with China, USA ect is madness
Indeed; the world is swiftly consolidating into a literal handful of powerhouse trading entities. Is it necessarily "a good thing"? No it's a bit scary in itself BUT it's much better to be on the inside than trailing along behind screaming. Amidst this happening... Britain decides to LEAVE the position of being one of the most prominent members of one of those few relevant trading areas and go it alone. It's utterly bizarre. "Going it alone" just isn't a viable option to be economically competitive and anyone who thinks it is, has their head stuck in the pre-Thatcher era.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:57 AM #4289

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They are not unchallenged though, that is why there is gridlock?

'it' is no deal for Brexiteers

'it' is another ref for remainers
i don't know how to to multi Q but oh my ....just listen to Davis ..Mogg talk about Sm..CU..WTo they lie and the only responce they get is noding dogs
Old 13-04-2019, 11:04 AM #4290

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Wrong.

No point being missed on our side.

We in the EU simply don't care if your parliament is leave or remain ...We want this setteled

FFS makes no difference if its may or Mogg...
Old 13-04-2019, 11:09 AM #4291
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Wrong.

No point being missed on our side.

We in the EU simply don't care if your parliament is leave or remain ...We want this setteled

FFS makes no difference if its may or Mogg...
There you go...'our side' there are 16 million living in Britain who are on 'your side' as well, but you have already shown you have an irrational hate of all things British whatever side they are on. We all want it settled, I thought you were totally against a no deal? what about the Irish border..... ? Rees Mogg is constantly taken to task, you seem to be only seeing things you want to see

Why are you swearing? it makes a big difference if you have a leaver PM in control...

Last edited by Cherie; 13-04-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 13-04-2019, 11:11 AM #4292
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Old 13-04-2019, 11:14 AM #4293
-

-

Quote:
....just listen to Davis ..Mogg talk about Sm..CU..WTo they lie and the only responce they get is noding dogs
I mean I don't know what you're being shown but this is totally false . The only "nodding dogs" would be No-Deal advocates and those aren't even the majority of Leave voters. It sounds like you either have blinkers on, or are being shown one-sided sensationalist media .
Old 13-04-2019, 11:15 AM #4294
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Joes a ledge

Old 13-04-2019, 01:25 PM #4295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underscore View Post

Yes Underscore
you posted it

But Slim Reaper
ignored you
and posted it AGAIN

Nothing new.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 01:26 PM #4296
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Wait, did someone just say something?
Old 13-04-2019, 01:27 PM #4297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
I did wonder, with he media profile at the moment if Philip Hammond MP would make a good replacement PM, but when he was a transport secretary he questioned why trains did not stop at level crossings to let the cars go by...
No
he wants remain.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 03:05 PM #4298
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:

There's also another group among the leavers: those wanting full sovereignty back.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 03:17 PM #4299
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes Underscore
you posted it

But Slim Reaper
ignored you
and posted it AGAIN

Nothing new.

Spoiler:

ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB): 6th/12

I'm a TiBB Member 4: 3rd/16 & Highest Placed All-Star (1st/8)
TiBB on Ice: 4th/15
ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB) 2: 3rd/17
TiBB OTT3: 2nd/13
Underscore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 03:53 PM #4300

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I mean I don't know what you're being shown but this is totally false . The only "nodding dogs" would be No-Deal advocates and those aren't even the majority of Leave voters. It sounds like you either have blinkers on, or are being shown one-sided sensationalist media .
You are more than welcome to think i have blinkers on We just want to move on.

I think I'm capaplle to see both sides .

I know who has blinkers on..and its not me
TS we reached to you all

please excuse my bad English

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2016, 23rd, brexit, eu, june, opera, referendum, soap