Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Sport Talk about all the latest events from the world of sport here

Old 30-04-2015, 08:37 AM #1

Default Mayweather looking like he lost his game.

I dont know about anyone else but it looks to me like he has bottled it. His usual cocky game has gone he is scared.

billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 09:48 AM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
I dont know about anyone else but it looks to me like he has bottled it. His usual cocky game has gone he is scared.

Absolutely agree Bob - He's been scared for 5 years.

Now his daddy saying; " Floyd should retire after this fight."
Money's saying:

"I don't care about being unbeaten."
"I don't care about beating Marciano's record"
"I don't have the same buzz for boxing now as I used to".

It all smacks to me - as you say - Money's running scared.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 30-04-2015 at 06:38 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:16 PM #3
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

LOL gotta love these casual fans. Everyone knows Floyd purposely puts on the act to sell fights there is no need for this fight .

Have a look at the weigh in Pac AVOIDED the stare down May looked him dead in the eyes and Pac was looking everywhere but trying on many occasions to back away from it.

The only thing to take from the lead up was Pac saying thanks to May for giving him his career high payday for the beatdown he is going to get tonight

Sig stretching forum, fix it.

Last edited by Legend killer; 02-05-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:18 PM #4
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Also Pac and his "God will deliver him into my hands" rubbish every five mins is the most cringe worthy thing in sports at the moment. Needs to **** already shame God deliver Juan into his hands fml

Old 02-05-2015, 09:52 PM #5

There is no need for him to sell this fight ..,., it sells itself. Watch the Inside episodes and you will see he is more than ready for the fight.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:20 AM #6
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

Absolutely agree Bob - He's been scared for 5 years.

Now his daddy saying; " Floyd should retire after this fight."
Money's saying:

"I don't care about being unbeaten."
"I don't care about beating Marciano's record"
"I don't have the same buzz for boxing now as I used to".

It all smacks to me - as you say - Money's running scared.
Yeah I have not forgot about you and your delusion. Don't post in a boxing thread forum ever again fool the sweet science is too much for your mind to comprehend

#TBE

Old 05-05-2015, 06:27 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend killer View Post
Yeah I have not forgot about you and your delusion. Don't post in a boxing thread forum ever again fool the sweet science is too much for your mind to comprehend

#TBE
LMAO.

First of all simpleton; who are you calling a fool?

You need to SERIOUSY calm down and 'reign in' your idiotic crowing - no wonder you are a Gayweather fan.

Secondly; How totally telling is your little slogan;

'Too Slick
Too Quick
Too Black'?

Whenever anyone uses the word 'black' as an adjective in any 'perceived' negative context ie; 'black yob mugs 76 year old', there is a hue and cry that it is irrelevant what colour the mugger's skin is and there must be a 'racist' motive for mentioning it. Well, it is no different here, and the colour of Mayweather's skin is not only irrelevant but certainly not any indicator of a blackman's superiority over other 'non-black' people - especially in boxing - as you appear to be proclaiming.

If such were true; how do we account for all the majority of 'non black' World Champions in ALL weight divisions? and the schooling by Calzaghe over Lacy and Jones? the long totally dominant reign of the Klitskos? and a host of other examples?

Skin colour - White, Black ,or Brown - has NOTHING to do with any superiority in boxing, any other sport, or life in general.

As for crowing; you really ought to be subdued because the fight did NOT live up to the hype, was not a classic, and 'Money' STOLE a victory rather than 'WON' it.

The strutting cock that is Floyd Jr. might be starting to crow again now that the fight's over and now that the 'Nightmare' he FEARED didn't happen,but MAKE NO MISTAKE - his tense, subdued demeanour in the build up to the fight,and ALL the 'loss pre-emptive' comments which he and his family and camp were making, were ALL because Floyd WAS really scared that he WAS going to lose, and was trying to minimise the after-fight embarrassment.

The fight itself was a 'NON-EVENT' as far as 'Super Fights' go and the reasons are Threefold;

A) The fight proved to be 5 years too late.
B)) Manny was NOT himself
C) Floyd WAS himself.

These three reasons are all NAILS IN THE COFFIN of what SHOULD have been 'Fight of the Century' but wasn't:

A) The evidence is now clear, that all Floyd's preventative deceptions of the past 5 years in stopping the fight from happening sooner because he was scared of Manny, PAID OFF for him, because Manny - who has had the more arduous career and been in the more brutal 'career shortening'fights - seemed to have succumbed to Father Time more than 'self-Preserver' King Floyd.

B)Manny - A man who has become reknown for throwing 5 and 6 punch combinations and the highest volume of punches thrown per bout, in any division - did not DO what he'd always done and - if the stats are truthful - actually threw six FEWER punches than the Defence Master.

(Before you start complaining and whining, or crowing that Floyd didn't ALLOW Manny to land, note that I am pointing out punches THROWN not punches blocked or landed.)

Manny simply did not DO what Manny DOES in there. Irrespective of Money's defensive skills, Pac Man simply did not throw his usual combos or volume of shots.

For Manny to throw ferocious multi-combinations in a relentless high volume and most of them be made to miss, be blocked, or even countered, is one thing, but to NOT even throw as many punches as Super Defence King Floyd is wholly another thing altogether.

Whether the real reason IS the torn shoulder or some other reason - and evidence IS mounting that Manny is telling the truth about his injury - SOMETHING WAS CLEARLY NOT RIGHT WITH MANNY.

This isn't Floyd's fault - '**** happens', but the fact that 'The Real Slim Shady' did NOT turn up makes a nonsense of any 'Fight of the Century' claims, has done absolutely NOTHING to resolve the question of just WHO is the genuine 'POUND FOR POUND KING' , and further tarnishes Floyds already laughable claim to be the 'Greatest Boxer of All Time' - let alone even 'Greatest Welterweight'.

C) what IS Floyd's fault,is the predictable path which the fight took.
Love him or loathe him - NOBODY does FLOYD like Floyd. He is the undisputed KING of Defence; a Master Counter Puncher and 'Punch Evasion' technician, and Floyd did what he does best.

He went through all the gears - 99% of them 'REVERSE' - (I think he had one forward gear in case Manny attacked from behind).

The truth is that Floyd STOLE the fight by a skilful mixture of RUNNING and HOLDING.

As some wag pointed out: ''Perhaps Floyd forgot that he's supposed to PUNCH his OPPONENTS and HUG his GIRLFRIENDS''. LOL.

Yes, Floyd does both running and holding with great skill, but NEITHER makes for a great fight, and before you start crowing about 'Ring Stats' - here's a few facts:

1) 'Punches Landed' in Ring Stats include powder-puff jabs, and Floyd threw and connected with plenty of those during the non-fight.

2) If Mayweather was so SUPERIOR as YOU and other simpletons claim; Why didn't he STOP MANNY?

3) Where was the severe facial damage to Manny inflicted by all these 'meaningful' punches thrown and landed with such impunity by the 'too slick, too quick, too black', totally superior fighter? (Cue: Manny's totally superior beating of Cotto, Marguerita and De LaHoya, Calzaghe's battering of Jeff Lacy etc. etc.)

4) American judges have become reknown for scoring for AGGRESSION. You know - the guy coming forward to engage? The reason why they call it a 'FIGHT'. Now it seems a new definition has been added to the dictionary:

'AGGRESSION' - the act of fleeing in fear from physical confrontation. The faster the speed of the lateral or reverse flight, the greater the aggression is deemed to be - BUT ONLY WITH JUDGES IN LAS VEGAS.

Any of us who were NOT Pretty Boy Groupies KNEW that Floydy Baby was going to run when he could, and grab Manny and smother him like an octopus when he couldn't run -and that's EXACTLY what he did.

So cut the crap.

The 'Fight' was a 'NON EVENT' partly due to Manny's 'The Fugitive' one-armed man impression, but largely due to Floyd's Hussein Bolt and Harry Houdini impressions, and his skill in tying up Manny which had Boy Scouts studying for their 'Knot' Badges envious.

If this non-Fight taught us anything, it's that:

a) It takes 'Two to Tango'.
b) In Vegas it's not only the gaming tables which are 'loaded'.
c) Judge DaveMorretti needs a visit to Specsavers or to a'confessional booth'.
d) Money talks.
e) A guy with a 67'' reach coming forward is NEVER going to engage a guy with a 72'' reach who is running away.
f) A guy getting hugged to death every time he corners his opponent isn't going to get any help from a referree who still has the taste of Floyd's semen in his mouth.

Looking forward to Floyd's next fight - probably against Verne Troyer.

Keep well.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:05 PM #8
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
LMAO.

First of all simpleton; who are you calling a fool?

You need to SERIOUSY calm down and 'reign in' your idiotic crowing - no wonder you are a Gayweather fan.

Secondly; How totally telling is your little slogan;

'Too Slick
Too Quick
Too Black'?

Whenever anyone uses the word 'black' as an adjective in any 'perceived' negative context ie; 'black yob mugs 76 year old', there is a hue and cry that it is irrelevant what colour the mugger's skin is and there must be a 'racist' motive for mentioning it. Well, it is no different here, and the colour of Mayweather's skin is not only irrelevant but certainly not any indicator of a blackman's superiority over other 'non-black' people - especially in boxing - as you appear to be proclaiming.

If such were true; how do we account for all the majority of 'non black' World Champions in ALL weight divisions? and the schooling by Calzaghe over Lacy and Jones? the long totally dominant reign of the Klitskos? and a host of other examples?

Skin colour - White, Black ,or Brown - has NOTHING to do with any superiority in boxing, any other sport, or life in general.

As for crowing; you really ought to be subdued because the fight did NOT live up to the hype, was not a classic, and 'Money' STOLE a victory rather than 'WON' it.

The strutting cock that is Floyd Jr. might be starting to crow again now that the fight's over and now that the 'Nightmare' he FEARED didn't happen,but MAKE NO MISTAKE - his tense, subdued demeanour in the build up to the fight,and ALL the 'loss pre-emptive' comments which he and his family and camp were making, were ALL because Floyd WAS really scared that he WAS going to lose, and was trying to minimise the after-fight embarrassment.

The fight itself was a 'NON-EVENT' as far as 'Super Fights' go and the reasons are Threefold;

A) The fight proved to be 5 years too late.
B)) Manny was NOT himself
C) Floyd WAS himself.

These three reasons are all NAILS IN THE COFFIN of what SHOULD have been 'Fight of the Century' but wasn't:

A) The evidence is now clear, that all Floyd's preventative deceptions of the past 5 years in stopping the fight from happening sooner because he was scared of Manny, PAID OFF for him, because Manny - who has had the more arduous career and been in the more brutal 'career shortening'fights - seemed to have succumbed to Father Time more than 'self-Preserver' King Floyd.

B)Manny - A man who has become reknown for throwing 5 and 6 punch combinations and the highest volume of punches thrown per bout, in any division - did not DO what he'd always done and - if the stats are truthful - actually threw six FEWER punches than the Defence Master.

(Before you start complaining and whining, or crowing that Floyd didn't ALLOW Manny to land, note that I am pointing out punches THROWN not punches blocked or landed.)

Manny simply did not DO what Manny DOES in there. Irrespective of Money's defensive skills, Pac Man simply did not throw his usual combos or volume of shots.

For Manny to throw ferocious multi-combinations in a relentless high volume and most of them be made to miss, be blocked, or even countered, is one thing, but to NOT even throw as many punches as Super Defence King Floyd is wholly another thing altogether.

Whether the real reason IS the torn shoulder or some other reason - and evidence IS mounting that Manny is telling the truth about his injury - SOMETHING WAS CLEARLY NOT RIGHT WITH MANNY.

This isn't Floyd's fault - '**** happens', but the fact that 'The Real Slim Shady' did NOT turn up makes a nonsense of any 'Fight of the Century' claims, has done absolutely NOTHING to resolve the question of just WHO is the genuine 'POUND FOR POUND KING' , and further tarnishes Floyds already laughable claim to be the 'Greatest Boxer of All Time' - let alone even 'Greatest Welterweight'.

C) what IS Floyd's fault,is the predictable path which the fight took.
Love him or loathe him - NOBODY does FLOYD like Floyd. He is the undisputed KING of Defence; a Master Counter Puncher and 'Punch Evasion' technician, and Floyd did what he does best.

He went through all the gears - 99% of them 'REVERSE' - (I think he had one forward gear in case Manny attacked from behind).

The truth is that Floyd STOLE the fight by a skilful mixture of RUNNING and HOLDING.

As some wag pointed out: ''Perhaps Floyd forgot that he's supposed to PUNCH his OPPONENTS and HUG his GIRLFRIENDS''. LOL.

Yes, Floyd does both running and holding with great skill, but NEITHER makes for a great fight, and before you start crowing about 'Ring Stats' - here's a few facts:

1) 'Punches Landed' in Ring Stats include powder-puff jabs, and Floyd threw and connected with plenty of those during the non-fight.

2) If Mayweather was so SUPERIOR as YOU and other simpletons claim; Why didn't he STOP MANNY?

3) Where was the severe facial damage to Manny inflicted by all these 'meaningful' punches thrown and landed with such impunity by the 'too slick, too quick, too black', totally superior fighter? (Cue: Manny's totally superior beating of Cotto, Marguerita and De LaHoya, Calzaghe's battering of Jeff Lacy etc. etc.)

4) American judges have become reknown for scoring for AGGRESSION. You know - the guy coming forward to engage? The reason why they call it a 'FIGHT'. Now it seems a new definition has been added to the dictionary:

'AGGRESSION' - the act of fleeing in fear from physical confrontation. The faster the speed of the lateral or reverse flight, the greater the aggression is deemed to be - BUT ONLY WITH JUDGES IN LAS VEGAS.

Any of us who were NOT Pretty Boy Groupies KNEW that Floydy Baby was going to run when he could, and grab Manny and smother him like an octopus when he couldn't run -and that's EXACTLY what he did.

So cut the crap.

The 'Fight' was a 'NON EVENT' partly due to Manny's 'The Fugitive' one-armed man impression, but largely due to Floyd's Hussein Bolt and Harry Houdini impressions, and his skill in tying up Manny which had Boy Scouts studying for their 'Knot' Badges envious.

If this non-Fight taught us anything, it's that:

a) It takes 'Two to Tango'.
b) In Vegas it's not only the gaming tables which are 'loaded'.
c) Judge DaveMorretti needs a visit to Specsavers or to a'confessional booth'.
d) Money talks.
e) A guy with a 67'' reach coming forward is NEVER going to engage a guy with a 72'' reach who is running away.
f) A guy getting hugged to death every time he corners his opponent isn't going to get any help from a referree who still has the taste of Floyd's semen in his mouth.

Looking forward to Floyd's next fight - probably against Verne Troyer.

Keep well.
Didn't read!!

And now to quote the most laughed at boxer in the world currently

" If he stood there i could have hit him"

Just sums up Manny Excuse Maker of the decade and his pathetic fans up perfectly

Old 05-05-2015, 09:37 PM #9

I was right Mayweather lost the game he is now a laughing stock.
He won the fight but lost all respect.

Last edited by billy123; 05-05-2015 at 09:37 PM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:06 AM #10
User banned

User banned

many has won world titles at a world record 8 diferent weights, its a miracle he ever even got to fight for a world title at this weight....he could have coasted to wins in his original weight divisions but he took the brave journey into the unknown.....whether it was the size difference or the timing who knows...Floyd won fair and square, hardly a classic, very cagey as always but still a class display. Floyd seems pretty unpleasant generally, manny seems like a decent guy. in the end that's what matters most.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:27 AM #11
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
many has won world titles at a world record 8 diferent weights, its a miracle he ever even got to fight for a world title at this weight....he could have coasted to wins in his original weight divisions but he took the brave journey into the unknown.....whether it was the size difference or the timing who knows...Floyd won fair and square, hardly a classic, very cagey as always but still a class display. Floyd seems pretty unpleasant generally, manny seems like a decent guy. in the end that's what matters most.
You do realise 2 of those titles came at a lower weight than the actual title was held at right?? there is a reason he is known as the catch weight king among the boxing community

Old 26-08-2015, 03:42 PM #12
Sod orf

Sod orf

Mayweather is old news

'Cool Hand' Luke Campbell is the man of the moment, he'll be World Champ within the year and best pound for pound in the World within two years.

Mark my words
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2015, 05:44 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
I was right Mayweather lost the game he is now a laughing stock.
He won the fight but lost all respect.
Exactly right Bob.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
game, lost, mayweather