Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother Canada Big Brother Canada 9 started 3th March 2021.

Old 30-04-2015, 12:24 PM #1
King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

King Judd

Favourites:

Thumbs down This Season- So Dissapointing!

It's been such a disappointing season so far. In terms of 'big moves' there hasn't been many apart from Jordan leaving.

Every episode continues to be completely predictable with not much exciting happening.

As much as I love BB Canada it's a real shame that this season has somehow turned for the worse. The first two seasons were difficult to top and this has easily been the worst of the three!

Who else thinks it's been dissapointing? What do you think needs to happen to make it better? I think we need Sarah and Brittnee to step up their game a little bit and tackle some big players!

But with
Spoiler:

Kevin
becoming HOH this week it looks like we'll have to wait at least another week for anything exciting to happen!
Old 30-04-2015, 12:26 PM #2

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:

It's a shame that the only people who were willing to play the game have gone already for that very reason. Sindy was the only person to actually make a move and it got her kicked out this week. All of these HGs are so dumb it's unreal. Sarah wants to play but can't win any comps, Godfrey threatens to play the game but we'll see if he wins any comps and Bruno is probably the strongest in terms of being well-liked but also being able to control votes (like with the power he has over Bobby).

It's a poor season.
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 12:27 PM #3

Favourites:

Favourites:

Also Zach keeps telling his alliance "it's too soon"... um, it's week 6.
Old 30-04-2015, 12:29 PM #4
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
It's a shame that the only people who were willing to play the game have gone already for that very reason. Sindy was the only person to actually make a move and it got her kicked out this week. All of these HGs are so dumb it's unreal. Sarah wants to play but can't win any comps, Godfrey threatens to play the game but we'll see if he wins any comps and Bruno is probably the strongest in terms of being well-liked but also being able to control votes (like with the power he has over Bobby).

It's a poor season.
Yeah I know, all the main players have gone. Naeha would have been brilliant if she'd not have played so fast so quick. So many floaters this season as well and people not doing anything like Ashleigh, Pilar and Willow.

Definately the worst of the three seasons! Such a shame Sarah and Brittnee can't win competitions to make these moves. So frustrating. Pilar's HoH was probably the worst HoH ever, Kevin basically told her what to do. Such a coward.
Old 30-04-2015, 12:33 PM #5
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

The triple eviction coming up is going to kill it even more.

but i'm glad Brittnee stayed over Sindy but it did seem like a bad move to get rid of her as she played it wrong. She played it too hard which made her even more of a target.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 12:34 PM #6
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
The triple eviction coming up is going to kill it even more.

but i'm glad Brittnee stayed over Sindy but it did seem like a bad move to get rid of her as she played it wrong. She played it too hard which made her even more of a target.
Sindy leaving so soon made the whole returnee twist basically pointless. It's so predictable though everything that's happening. Like the recent HoH you can tell who his targets will be!

Yeah the triple eviction is stupid, can tell Sarah and Brittnee stand no chance!
Old 30-04-2015, 12:36 PM #7

Favourites:

Favourites:

I think it's a single eviction for Kevin's HOH, then someone else will win HOH and will be forced to nominate three people for eviction. After POV, three people will be on the block and the HOH will have to evict someone immediately, then the rest of the house vote on the other two. Hopefully Godfrey, Sarah or Brit win the second HOH.
Old 30-04-2015, 12:37 PM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

It was supposed to be for Pilar's HOH and then Kevin's, but they've moved it again because I think they were scared Sarah would go
Old 30-04-2015, 01:06 PM #9
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):

It's easily the worst season so far but it's still better than the last three US Seasons IMO. There's three main things that've dragged this season down.

Poor boot order
Its suffering from a bad boot order where the biggest characters are going early (Risha, Sindy, Naeha, Johnny, Graig, whether you like them or not they're the biggest personalities), the most uninteresting people have been in power (Zach and Bruno, not bad people at all, just very meh) and they're protecting the most boring people, which leads me to my second point.

Pilar (and sort of Ashleigh)
For the most part I actually think Kassting have done a good job this year. Kevin is the only really awful person this year. We have some great, rootable characters (although a lot of them have been evicted) but it's just unfortunate the way things have turned out. I don't dislike Ashleigh and Pilar because they're both nice girls, but my God I haven't been this frustrated by houseguests since BB12US. When Pilar got HoH I thought "At least we might see a bit more of her" but nope. Nothing. She bought absolutely nothing. I'm not mad at her for getting Sindy out, it's a move that's good for her game, but there's a legit reason why she still got no airtime during her HoH because she's SO. DULL. The fact she was kept over Risha is so frustrating to me now I can't even go there. But hey, we should've seen the signs during the VTs when everyone is being dynamic and interesting and Pilar is just like:

And the worst part is that you know Ashleigh and Pilar will both probably last until final 5 whilst offering absolutely nothing to the show. This is probably the longest paragraph anyone will ever write about Pilar.

Inconveniently timed twists
For the last two seasons I have loved the hilariously unsubtle rigging for Canadas true superstars (Suzette, Gary, Sloppy Seconds ) but most of the twists this season has worked against our favour.
- Week 1 instant nominations: OBVIOUSLY people are going to target the cougar because unfortunately that's how people work.
- Week 3 instant eviction: This is a CLASSIC example of why BBCan needs to chill sometimes and let the dust settle. We could've had an EPIC blindside and shift of power when Naeha flipped the house (and people actually wanted to do it, which is the worst part), but Big Brother just HAD to shove a twist in there. It worked for BBCan1 because it was deep into the season where plans were made by the Sheyld so they did flip the house. Just after week 2? Not going to work.

I still think this is a good season, even though I've written a 500+ word rant about it lolol, Sarah, Brittnee, Godfrey are still very rootable, Willow is becoming a loveable **** and Bobby is very enjoyable if you don't take him seriously. And realistically even the "villains" aren't that bad (Zach is nowhere near as bad as Peter, Kenny, Andrew, Tom etc etc), but yeah, if BBCan can find its chill, time its twists for riggage better, (and take out the deadwood in the process) even out the editing a bit then it could end nicely.
LemonJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 01:46 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
looks like we'll have to wait at least another week for anything exciting to happen!
Joe's marriage teas?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 03:34 PM #11

It started well, but there's been too much shifting of alliances. My head is spinning and apart from Bruno and Bobby (and who knows where Bobby's head is at) I don't know who is in an alliance with who.
Zach's smugness is doing my head in. I wish someone would take him out of the game...anyone. As for the females. I didn't care much for Sindy, but at least that girl has some go about her, I would rather she stayed than those pathetic two Ashley and Pilar.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 03:43 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonJam View Post
It's easily the worst season so far but it's still better than the last three US Seasons IMO. There's three main things that've dragged this season down.

Poor boot order
Its suffering from a bad boot order where the biggest characters are going early (Risha, Sindy, Naeha, Johnny, Graig, whether you like them or not they're the biggest personalities), the most uninteresting people have been in power (Zach and Bruno, not bad people at all, just very meh) and they're protecting the most boring people, which leads me to my second point.

Pilar (and sort of Ashleigh)
For the most part I actually think Kassting have done a good job this year. Kevin is the only really awful person this year. We have some great, rootable characters (although a lot of them have been evicted) but it's just unfortunate the way things have turned out. I don't dislike Ashleigh and Pilar because they're both nice girls, but my God I haven't been this frustrated by houseguests since BB12US. When Pilar got HoH I thought "At least we might see a bit more of her" but nope. Nothing. She bought absolutely nothing. I'm not mad at her for getting Sindy out, it's a move that's good for her game, but there's a legit reason why she still got no airtime during her HoH because she's SO. DULL. The fact she was kept over Risha is so frustrating to me now I can't even go there. But hey, we should've seen the signs during the VTs when everyone is being dynamic and interesting and Pilar is just like:

And the worst part is that you know Ashleigh and Pilar will both probably last until final 5 whilst offering absolutely nothing to the show. This is probably the longest paragraph anyone will ever write about Pilar.

Inconveniently timed twists
For the last two seasons I have loved the hilariously unsubtle rigging for Canadas true superstars (Suzette, Gary, Sloppy Seconds ) but most of the twists this season has worked against our favour.
- Week 1 instant nominations: OBVIOUSLY people are going to target the cougar because unfortunately that's how people work.
- Week 3 instant eviction: This is a CLASSIC example of why BBCan needs to chill sometimes and let the dust settle. We could've had an EPIC blindside and shift of power when Naeha flipped the house (and people actually wanted to do it, which is the worst part), but Big Brother just HAD to shove a twist in there. It worked for BBCan1 because it was deep into the season where plans were made by the Sheyld so they did flip the house. Just after week 2? Not going to work.

I still think this is a good season, even though I've written a 500+ word rant about it lolol, Sarah, Brittnee, Godfrey are still very rootable, Willow is becoming a loveable **** and Bobby is very enjoyable if you don't take him seriously. And realistically even the "villains" aren't that bad (Zach is nowhere near as bad as Peter, Kenny, Andrew, Tom etc etc), but yeah, if BBCan can find its chill, time its twists for riggage better, (and take out the deadwood in the process) even out the editing a bit then it could end nicely.
for this entire post

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 04:00 PM #13
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
It started well, but there's been too much shifting of alliances. My head is spinning and apart from Bruno and Bobby (and who knows where Bobby's head is at) I don't know who is in an alliance with who.
At the moment it's:

Diaper Alliance: Zach, Ashleigh, Kevin, Pilar
Fembots: Sarah & Brittnee (Willow and Godfrey are currently working with them also)
Chop Shop Leftovers: Bobby & Bruno
LemonJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 04:02 PM #14
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Pilar's HoH week fully solidified this season as a no-hope, so I pin much of the blame of the downfall of this season to her. Absolutely useless casting.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 04:07 PM #15
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
It was supposed to be for Pilar's HOH and then Kevin's, but they've moved it again because I think they were scared Sarah would go
I think they have moved it b/c they don't want the diaper alliance in power when it happens...

It's the only way to save this season tbh
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dissapointing, season