Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:58 PM #101
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I think it would conflict with their movie plans, the CW crossover events are essentially justice-league-light but never actually called that. Superman was in last years crossover, Barry and Kara are interdimensional BFFs etc.
Good point actually - Barry,Kara, and even Green Arrow are in the League. I've not got to Legends yet so don't know offhand how many of them are in it. Assuming Ray's going to become Atom, he's a sometimes-member.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:23 PM #102
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Good point actually - Barry,Kara, and even Green Arrow are in the League. I've not got to Legends yet so don't know offhand how many of them are in it. Assuming Ray's going to become Atom, he's a sometimes-member.
There's been Atom, White Canary (I have no idea if she's comic Canon, she's an ex black canary) from Arrow, Firestorm, Captain Cold/Heatwave (reformed villains) from Flash, Kid Flash for a short spell, and some others who are probably in the comics somewhere but I had never heard of... The team has changed up a few times (for the better IMO) actually, though there are three remaining of the original line-up.

Legends missed last year's crossover (there was an in-universe explanation but I think the real reason was CGI budget). They are in this years crossover though.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:40 PM #103
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Ohh I like Kid Flash, he's in the Teen Titans. As far as I know he's never been in the League, but that doesn't matter.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:07 PM #104
-

-

Quote:
Ohh I like Kid Flash, he's in the Teen Titans. As far as I know he's never been in the League, but that doesn't matter.
Tbh I find him a bit of a low budget Flash in The Flash TV show... He never really reaches Barry's ability levels and

Spoiler:

as far as I can tell has gone totally AWOL at this point... He left Flash to join the Legends and then left the Legends to go to some sort of zen retreat in the far east. I think he's been in one Flash episode since, I'm sure he mentioned something about going back to the Legends at the end, but that was well over a year ago and he never reappeared in Legends . Guess he's still meditating on a mountain or whatever.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:17 PM #105
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Tbh I find him a bit of a low budget Flash in The Flash TV show... He never really reaches Barry's ability levels and

Spoiler:

as far as I can tell has gone totally AWOL at this point... He left Flash to join the Legends and then left the Legends to go to some sort of zen retreat in the far east. I think he's been in one Flash episode since, I'm sure he mentioned something about going back to the Legends at the end, but that was well over a year ago and he never reappeared in Legends . Guess he's still meditating on a mountain or whatever.
Spoiler:

That's simulatenously surprising and not surprising in the comics, and especially the current run of Teen Titans, he's the heart and moral compass for the group. IIRC he was the only one who had a problem when they found out Robin was
Spoiler:

completely brainwashing the villains they had beaten, so they were living new lives as civilians

because it was (in his opinion) as bad as what the villains themselves would do, not because of the danger they might pose

Old 12-11-2019, 07:56 AM #106
-

-

Oh for Legends I forgot to mention that Constantine from the short-lived NBC show, that wasn't even part of the CW's DC Universe, was somehow retconned into an episode of Arrow after Constantine was cancelled, and is now one of the main Legends crew . They didn't even do a "he's from another earth" thing like they do with Supergirl, they just pretend that Constantine was part of the same world all along.
Old 13-11-2019, 09:31 AM #107
-

-

I've just realised that most of Titans S2 has aired (final ep at the end of November). Also this thread should be renamed... the DC telly thread or something...
Old 10-12-2019, 01:54 PM #108
-

-

MESS for "normal telly" UK viewers of the CWDC shows... the 2nd part of Crisis is Batwoman... and it doesn't air in the UK . So you can watch part 1 and 3 and then part 4 and 5 when they come in January but the only option for episode 2 is "digital download" .
Old 11-12-2019, 07:21 AM #109
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Crisis in Infinite Earths crossover special (first 2 episodes have aired, one as a showcase one for new series Batwoman btw, i couldn't find it on netflix so had to watch on YouTube instead)

Spoiler:

so basically all earths within the multiverse are threatened by a sort of orange planet destroying spiral, but they need a paragon of courage to save them

loads of guest cameo's, smallville's tom welling (clark kent) and erica durance (lois lane) and also from 1966 batman series Burt ward back as Dick Grayson for a slight moment

introduction of a new batman actor, Kevin Conroy portrayed him (like he voiced batman in animated series and the arkham video games)

Oliver Queen/Green Arrow warning very heavy spoiler here
Spoiler:

died but was brought back by John Constantine, now only needs his soul back
, oh yeah and he also has a daughter named Mia who is a green Arrow in training
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 AM #110
-

-

Titans confirmed as a multiverse within the DCTV universe from the Crisis intro?
Old 11-12-2019, 10:52 AM #111
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Titans confirmed as a multiverse within the DCTV universe from the Crisis intro?
yes, this Crisis crossover is definitely up there among best crossover specials

they need all the superhero help they can get

even a cameo from John Wesley Shipp as 90's Flash
Old 11-12-2019, 06:05 PM #112
-

-

Well the first three arts were marginally all over the place but I still enjoyed it . An awful lot going on.

Seeing Clark and Lois from Smallville was fun; not sure how I feel about the conclusion to the Smallville story though!

Spoiler:

Lex Luthor is president, which was foreshadowed by the show... But also Clark has given up his abilities completely to have kids and live on the farm? ... I mean yeah he always hated the responsibility I think so it's not out of character, but it would have worked better if they'd had Smallville's Lex dealt with and locked up - allowing Clark to hang up his cape... But sitting in the Whitehouse? Hmmm.

Overall a fun ride though. Bit of a wait for the conclusion. I am now totally convinced that Supergirl's earth and Earth-1 are going to merge, though.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:40 PM #113
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

lol I just realised Supergirl is Marley from Glee <3

Old 12-12-2019, 01:02 PM #114
-

-

Quote:
lol I just realised Supergirl is Marley from Glee <3
Old 12-12-2019, 01:03 PM #115
-

-

There's also a Musical Arrowverse crossover where they sing together
Old 12-12-2019, 01:06 PM #116
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Well the first three arts were marginally all over the place but I still enjoyed it . An awful lot going on.

Seeing Clark and Lois from Smallville was fun; not sure how I feel about the conclusion to the Smallville story though!

Spoiler:

Lex Luthor is president, which was foreshadowed by the show... But also Clark has given up his abilities completely to have kids and live on the farm? ... I mean yeah he always hated the responsibility I think so it's not out of character, but it would have worked better if they'd had Smallville's Lex dealt with and locked up - allowing Clark to hang up his cape... But sitting in the Whitehouse? Hmmm.

Overall a fun ride though. Bit of a wait for the conclusion. I am now totally convinced that Supergirl's earth and Earth-1 are going to merge, though.
Spoiler:

I like to think that Smallville's Lex Luthor has come full circle by Crisis and he's probably gotten over his issues and has become a decent president. Maybe without Superman around, he mellowed out.

I thought it was a decent end for Smallville, much better than they had in the actual show tbh.

I've got a feeling they might chicken out of doing any major changes to the status quo and revert the multiverse back to how it was (mostly because it gives them narrative power to pretty much bring a version of anyone back at any time which they do like to do) but I do hope they limit the multiverse stuff a bit, they use it as an easy out far too often. I hope they merge Earth-1 with Black Lightning's and Supergirl's just to bring the shows under one universe, keep a few other Earths in place for the sake of Wells and other fun cameos down the line but don't do more than that.

It's been a fun crossover so far, I think they could have introduced Ryan Choi earlier though, there's no reason he couldn't have had his introduction in Flash at some point prior to Crisis as the whole 'Oliver becoming The Spectre' thing seemed to be a bigger deal and it got barely any time in the last episode.

I'm looking forward to the last two episodes, shame we have to wait for them
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:17 PM #117
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Spoiler:

I like to think that Smallville's Lex Luthor has come full circle by Crisis and he's probably gotten over his issues and has become a decent president. Maybe without Superman around, he mellowed out.

I thought it was a decent end for Smallville, much better than they had in the actual show tbh.

I've got a feeling they might chicken out of doing any major changes to the status quo and revert the multiverse back to how it was (mostly because it gives them narrative power to pretty much bring a version of anyone back at any time which they do like to do) but I do hope they limit the multiverse stuff a bit, they use it as an easy out far too often. I hope they merge Earth-1 with Black Lightning's and Supergirl's just to bring the shows under one universe, keep a few other Earths in place for the sake of Wells and other fun cameos down the line but don't do more than that.

It's been a fun crossover so far, I think they could have introduced Ryan Choi earlier though, there's no reason he couldn't have had his introduction in Flash at some point prior to Crisis as the whole 'Oliver becoming The Spectre' thing seemed to be a bigger deal and it got barely any time in the last episode.

I'm looking forward to the last two episodes, shame we have to wait for them
Spoiler:

It's a shame they couldn't get Rosenbaum, I agree it would have been a great end for Smallville-Lex if he had actually "gotten better" and him and Clark had regained mutual respect (if not friendship) and that was all part of Clark's decision to hang up the cape. Their relationship was obviously very different to the "usual" Superman/Luthor dynamic, and through most of the show Lex was generally "good" deep down he just went a bit off the rails... so a different ending would have been fitting. I guess it can just be head-canon?

Come to think of it, I think the Lena/Kara relationship in SG has clearly been based on the Clark/Lex Smallville relationship, if a little more on-the-nose.
I always thought that if Clark had shown Lex some trust earlier on instead of basically gaslighting the poor guy for 5+ seasons, it might have gone totally differently
Old 12-12-2019, 01:23 PM #118
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:

It's a shame they couldn't get Rosenbaum, I agree it would have been a great end for Smallville-Lex if he had actually "gotten better" and him and Clark had regained mutual respect (if not friendship) and that was all part of Clark's decision to hang up the cape. Their relationship was obviously very different to the "usual" Superman/Luthor dynamic, and through most of the show Lex was generally "good" deep down he just went a bit off the rails... so a different ending would have been fitting. I guess it can just be head-canon?

Come to think of it, I think the Lena/Kara relationship in SG has clearly been based on the Clark/Lex Smallville relationship, if a little more on-the-nose.
I always thought that if Clark had shown Lex some trust earlier on instead of basically gaslighting the poor guy for 5+ seasons, it might have gone totally differently
Spoiler:

I do despise Lena's story in the new season of Supergirl, it's like the good seasons of Smallville without what made Clark and Lex's friendship compelling.

For someone as smart as Lena's meant to be, they're doing a great job of writing her like an idiot. 'I'm not a villain! I just want to brainwash people into living the way I want them to!'

I feel like Lex's dark turn in Smallville made more sense, especially considering he was a dark person to begin with. Lena went from trying to be good to instant supervillain over the course of a season break.

I'm hoping they course correct Lena in the second half of the season. They are trying to force an arc that doesn't really make sense for the character.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:33 PM #119
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Spoiler:

I do despise Lena's story in the new season of Supergirl, it's like the good seasons of Smallville without what made Clark and Lex's friendship compelling.

For someone as smart as Lena's meant to be, they're doing a great job of writing her like an idiot. 'I'm not a villain! I just want to brainwash people into living the way I want them to!'

I feel like Lex's dark turn in Smallville made more sense, especially considering he was a dark person to begin with. Lena went from trying to be good to instant supervillain over the course of a season break.

I'm hoping they course correct Lena in the second half of the season. They are trying to force an arc that doesn't really make sense for the character.
Spoiler:

Indeed - Lex was always a person with a lot of darkness and loneliness from his upbringing who was trying really hard to be good but eventually "gave in"... Lena has been portrayed as a generally good person who has gone darkside for a really flimsy reason. It's a rubbish arc. They're kind of showing signs of just cancelling it / her "wavering" in Crisis IMO and I hope they do tbh.

Other thoughts: I actually think Ruby Rose's Batwoman has been well used, well acted and a generally pretty decent character in Crisis?? She plays really well alongside Kara. But the solo show is barely watchable. Kind of shows, for me, that the core character and actress are not the problem at all... it's the writing, showrunning and supporting characters. A shame because I'm not sure the show can be saved at this point, the reviews and ratings are abysmal.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 12-12-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 15-01-2020, 10:52 AM #120
-

-

Spoiler:

Just watched the final two parts, as predicted Supergirl has been merged into Earth 1 (now "Earth Prime"), along with Black Lightning, it seems? Seems like the biggest changes will be for SG with Lex being back and (acting like) a peace prize winning philanthropist...

Not an issue as tbh Lex is one of the best parts of the whole franchise at the moment? Though he was great throughout the crossover .

Also, the DCU movies are now confirmed to be in the same multiverse as DCTV? . Quite enjoyed the scene with the two Flashes. Definitely not something I expected .

As a final thought, even if they fix the writing of the Batwoman show they NEED to lose the red wig. Whose design choice was that?? It looks awful... Come on costume department... Rly...

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 15-01-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 25-03-2020, 08:35 AM #121
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

that virtual reality world, ok ok Alex chose to be supergirl in that

the end of the character Jeremiah Danvers now for good, shame we didn't have a Alex/Jeremiah scene in that virtual reality world somehow, would've loved seeing Dean Cain again in this

Lex basically undercover in Leviathan's plan of trapping people in Virtual Reality

was nice seeing David Harewood again as Hank Henshaw even though in VR

i am enjoying this series a lot now, good team (supergirl, dreamer, alex, j'onn, brainy) and i definitely do not miss Mon'El, or Winn (even though his comeback episode was also nice this season, and a nice goodbye episode to Toyman senior also redemption moment there between father and son

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Old 25-03-2020, 09:44 AM #122
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
As a final thought, even if they fix the writing of the Batwoman show they NEED to lose the red wig. Whose design choice was that?? It looks awful... Come on costume department... Rly...
Well it's what she looks like in the comics, she's the third along in my sigpic obviously. But changes can be made in adaptation...

To be fair she's the BatFam member I know least about, I don't even know if she wears wigs in the comics. I've only ever seen her when she showed up in others

Old 25-03-2020, 02:42 PM #123
-

-

Quote:
Well it's what she looks like in the comics, she's the third along in my sigpic obviously. But changes can be made in adaptation...

To be fair she's the BatFam member I know least about, I don't even know if she wears wigs in the comics. I've only ever seen her when she showed up in others
Maaaybe but it's CWverse... It's not like Green Arrow looked like the comics version at the outset. They look more alike these days but that's been a bit of movement both ways; the TV show got a little more "comic booky" after the introduction of Flash/metahumans in general, and he did have the beard by the end, but from what I can see, the comics that have come out since the start of Arrow have also shifted more in line with that version (a bit of a darker look and more "combat armor" like).

So there was definite scope for the show taking a different aesthetic and maybe even influencing the comics in the process.

And to make it especially daft; she has a dark, short androgenous hair style out of costume, but a big, floppy, totally impractical wig in costume??

Its bright red which ruins her stealth (batman wears all black/grey for a reason ffs!) and its loose and grabbable which would make it a significant drawback in a fight!

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 25-03-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Old 16-05-2020, 11:44 AM #124
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

I'm really looking forward to the Lois and Clarke show. I like the one from the 90s, and in the comics I prefer Supes when he's got Lois and Jon than otherwise.

The Super Sons comics are good too, so I'm glad Jon and Damian have been cast for the show. It seems they're gonna be brothers rather than frenemies, but still, the show is looking promising.

Old 16-05-2020, 12:16 PM #125
-

-

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to the Lois and Clarke show. I like the one from the 90s, and in the comics I prefer Supes when he's got Lois and Jon than otherwise.

The Super Sons comics are good too, so I'm glad Jon and Damian have been cast for the show. It seems they're gonna be brothers rather than frenemies, but still, the show is looking promising.
Don't get too hyped for now, a lot of CW stuff has ground to a halt with Covid and also, the CWDC stuff tends to shoot in Vancouver, so they're under Canadian lockdown / distancing rules rather than US. Current seasons have been cut short by a few episodes, Supernatural has halted completely to get effectively a final short 8 episode "mini season" when things resume, and as far as I know no word on when filming/production will resume.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arrow, flash, makers, supergirl, trailer