Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-05-2015, 02:02 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Call the police, its noise pollution and a breach of the peace.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 06:16 AM #27

Do NOT call the police or anyone else.

As Shaun said; Covertly record him whilst he's playing - both in the street and through your walls when he is inside. Make sure that you push the mic/recorder as close to the wall as you can so that it optimises the noise level - get someone to gently 'rattle' a few glasses in the background to make it appear that his noise is responsible.

Covertly film him when he is in the street ensuring the time and date is recorded.

Write a series of backdated notes/letters addressed to him in a really innocuous, gentle, polite and reasoned tone;

"Dear xxxx,

I really hope that you won't mind this note as I do not seek to offend but would you mind if I asked you to lower the volume on your amp when you are playing your piano in the street and indoors?

I love music and do not wish to encroach upon your pleasure, but it's just that I have to arise early for work and it is preventing me from sleeping properly. etc etc."

Be polite, and be sure to add in to the later ones the fact that you are surprised that he has not replied to you AND mention that you do not understand why he has either ignored you or been so aggressive during the couple of times when you have tried to talk to him in person about this.

Photocopy the letters then keep the copies but destroy the originals - or better still, if you dare, crumple them a little, stand a tea cup on one so it leaves a clear tea ring stain, then shove all the lot through his letterbox just after you follow my next piece of advice -

- Wait until his next 'session' THEN call the cops.

While you are waiting for them to arrive - post your original notes/letters through his letterbox.

Should you contact them BEFORE doing any of the above, the cops AND the council will only tell you to GET SOME EVIDENCE as there is NOTHING they can do but "have a word with him" without evidence.

If he is as selfish and arrogant as the OP seems to suggest, all "having a word" with him will achieve is to forewarn him and piss him off, and in his teeny boorish mind, the fact that you had the audacity to even contact the cops/council, will be a declaration of war.

NEVER start a war unless you have a castle around you and are better prepared than your enemy.

You have a choice with this kind of selfish arrogant bastard - put up with him or fight him.

If you fight him, be prepared to forget truth, right, morals and all that B.S - the leading barristers in the UK will tell you candidly that even the Courts are nothing to do with the truth.

Winning him is what counts and you will have ALL the evidence you need to show that he IS causing a nuisance, that he is doing so WILLFULLY and in spite of your repeated, reasonable and polite attempts (the notes) to solve the problem by civil communication.

Failing all the above; send me his address and I will send the boys around.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 25-05-2015 at 08:36 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 09:50 AM #28
-

-

Or... Record it, wait until you know he's asleep, then play it back on a PA system right outside his window
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
neighbours, noisy