Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 28-05-2015, 08:59 AM #1
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Default Once the twist sinks in

Hi guys, it's been a while and though I don't post much these days I always check in here each night to see what you're all talking about.

After my initial reaction which wasn't a positive one I've slept on the idea and now I'm hyper-excited at the prospect of this new twist.

Friday's show is going to be mental.

The housemates will learn that those who thought they could be going wont be going

The housemates that thought they were safe are going to be totally shocked and their reactions will be intense.

Then they learn that four are getting evicted and four new housemates enter.

This is one hell of mind screw-up, they wont know what the hell is happening and the reaction is going to spill over the weekend.

I've liked this house but admit that they were some very dull housemates and it didn't matter how much BB was trying to stir the pot they kept making up which in theory is really nice, but I love the friction in the show, it's what I tune in for each night.

Of those that face eviction this week I would like Sarah & Harriet to stay as they seem to be making some kind of impact on the house, but all told I wouldn't be gutted if they were to go.

I wouldn't be feeling this excited with the twist had it been the nominated housemates facing eviction.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:00 AM #2
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

It's a mess tbh
Old 28-05-2015, 09:00 AM #3
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visage View Post
Hi guys, it's been a while and though I don't post much these days I always check in here each night to see what you're all talking about.

After my initial reaction which wasn't a positive one I've slept on the idea and now I'm hyper-excited at the prospect of this new twist.

The housemates will learn that those who thought they could be going wont be going

The housemates that thought they were safe are going to be totally shocked and their reactions will be intense.

This is one hell of mind screw-up, they wont know what the hell is happening and the reaction is going to spill over the weekend.

I've liked this house but admit that they were some very dull housemates and it didn't matter how much BB was trying to stir the pot they kept making up which in theory is really nice, but I love the friction in the show, it's what I tune in for each night.

Of those that face eviction this week I would like Sarah & Harriet to stay as they seem to be making some kind of impact on the house, but all told I wouldn't be gutted if they were to go.

I wouldn't be feeling this excited with the twist had it been the nominated housemates facing eviction.
Harriet will kick off.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:02 AM #4

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:

Welcome and thanks for your post Visage. I agree with you. I think Fridays show will be mental and mega exciting. I am really really hoping that the new housemates will DO SOMETHING and bring something to the house. Most people on here at the moment hate the twist and some are even threatening not to watch anymore. But its BB. Twists should be expected and I will keep watching like I always do. Lovely to see you in the forums
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 09:03 AM #5
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

I'm going at the eviction. There's no way i'm missing this!
Old 28-05-2015, 09:04 AM #6
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Harriet will kick off.
Here for her refusing to be interviewed
Old 28-05-2015, 09:05 AM #7
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
Here for her refusing to be interviewed
I can see her storming off.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:06 AM #8
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

It's unfair, fixed and everything wrong with BB
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 09:08 AM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts

I wonder if Harriet will be so quick to kick Jade's ass once she realizes that in saving her BB have, in effect, thrown Harriet to the Wolves!

Wonder if Jade will live up to her promise to point at everyone who nominated her when they flip the nominees ? Doubt it..............but if she does it'll probably set Harriet off like a stick of dynamite!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 09:08 AM #10
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
Welcome and thanks for your post Visage. I agree with you. I think Fridays show will be mental and mega exciting. I am really really hoping that the new housemates will DO SOMETHING and bring something to the house. Most people on here at the moment hate the twist and some are even threatening not to watch anymore. But its BB. Twists should be expected and I will keep watching like I always do. Lovely to see you in the forums

Thank you rionablue

I think what I'm (also) trying to say is that I don't want a predictable Big Brother and I don't always enjoy it when the housemates think they have BB all figured out. I want them to take each week with the possibility anything strange could happen.

Really play with their minds.

Quote:
Lucky you Vanessa, it's going to be one hell of a night.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:09 AM #11
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thank you rionablue

I think what I'm (also) trying to say is that I don't want a predictable Big Brother and I don't always enjoy it when the housemates think they have BB all figured out. I want them to take each week with the possibility anything strange could happen.

Really play with their minds.

Lucky you Vanessa, it's going to be one hell of a night.
I just have to see Harriet getting evicted. I know she will go mental.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:12 AM #12
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew. View Post
It's unfair, fixed and everything wrong with BB
While I certainly don't want to dismiss your opinion, I love the fact that they are willing to take some action to ensure we get a BB house that makes people talk.

It must be very frustrating for the producers, each decision they make can have either a negative or positive reaction from the viewers. I do applaud them for doing something. I'm sure the next few weeks will be telling but to make something memorable or successful you have to take risks.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:23 AM #13

I agree with you Visage. My initial reaction was ffs but then I started thinking about all those shocked faces and what good viewing its going to be.

As for the audience, we all like to get comfortable and predictability gives us that comfort. Its interesting to watch how emotional some people are getting regarding last nights BB. Any viewer who dumps the show because of this last twist are taking television far too seriously imo.
Old 28-05-2015, 09:23 AM #14

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

Hi Visage we miss you on here,I think the show is a bit naff this year anyway,so the twist doesn't really bother me,i do wish BB would follow the original concept a bit more,it seems to have lost it's way,but one positive is that I no longer vote so save money,lol.I hope we get some livelier housemates,and don't be a stranger

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 09:33 AM #15
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

Quote:
While I certainly don't want to dismiss your opinion, I love the fact that they are willing to take some action to ensure we get a BB house that makes people talk.

It must be very frustrating for the producers, each decision they make can have either a negative or positive reaction from the viewers. I do applaud them for doing something. I'm sure the next few weeks will be telling but to make something memorable or successful you have to take risks.
Its got people talking but for all the wrong reasons. It's not about excitement but rather how disappointed and unhappy they are. As deluded and as stupid as these people behind the scenes are i'd love to believe they weren't happy with how negative this twist has turned out.

This has been done before and it was one of the most disliked things to happen in BB history when they chucked 4 people out in the C4 days.. it's their own fault that nobody's happy for not researching enough and knowing enough about the show.
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 09:35 AM #16
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
I agree with you Visage. My initial reaction was ffs but then I started thinking about all those shocked faces and what good viewing its going to be.

As for the audience, we all like to get comfortable and predictability gives us that comfort. Its interesting to watch how emotional some people are getting regarding last nights BB. Any viewer who dumps the show because of this last twist are taking television far too seriously imo.
Yes, I can fit into that comfortable category and my initial reaction wasn't a happy one. Sometimes I need to let things settle before I can make a better judgement all on something.

I also agree that it's just television and not to get hung up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Hi Visage we miss you on here
I miss chatting on here too, I think I just get lazy and read posts without having much to say.

Quote:
I think the show is a bit naff this year anyway,so the twist doesn't really bother me
I was still enjoying it, but there were times when I was waiting for something 'big' to happen, or something that will make this year memorable for me. I know it's still early days and there is plenty more to come.

Quote:
i do wish BB would follow the original concept a bit more,it seems to have lost it's way
I think I've just moved on from thinking this. I do like to see changes and when I think back to the C4 version I remember getting a little tired of the usual format.

Quote:
but one positive is that I no longer vote so save money

Quote:
don't be a stranger

Old 28-05-2015, 09:35 AM #17
x

Favourites:
CBB21: Shane Jenek

x

Favourites:
CBB21: Shane Jenek

idk i'm slightly warming to it, even if the production are a mess and deserve no ratings at all for this

Jay. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 09:37 AM #18
South-East London It Girl

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBCanada 5: Ika
South-East London It Girl

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBCanada 5: Ika

Even sleeping on the twist won't make me optimistic. I can't seem to be happy about four people being thrown out for absolutely no reason, it's just an evident 'fix' by the producers and the show is so far from authentic, it kills me.

I am PRAYING Sarah and Harriet stay.... Out of the 6 I feel like they're the only ones that make the HL's show interesting and contribute tbh.

The producers better find some ****ing fabulous new housemates to right this wrong or else I am so turned off Timebomb. Not here for another Pav YAWN
Old 28-05-2015, 10:01 AM #19

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Jenna Jameson
BB16: Eileen

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Jenna Jameson
BB16: Eileen

I love the twist, BB11's quadruple was a disaster with three of the best housemates getting the boot, I remember crying over Corin's eviction.
Atleast this time the loose ends will be cut. Let's pray they put a few older or eccentric characters in.
I've really warmed to this series and so far both shopping tasks have been a major improvement on past years, Also they're being alot stricter.

Last edited by Luke_Thomas_Patton; 28-05-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Luke_Thomas_Patton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 10:04 AM #20
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Thomas_Patton View Post
I love the twist, BB11's quadruple was a disaster with three of the best housemates been given the boot, I remember crying over Corin's eviction.
Atleast this time the loose ends will be cut. Let's pray they put a few older or eccentric characters in.
I've really warmed to this series and so far both shopping tasks have been a major improvement on past years, Also they're being alot stricter.
The quadruple eviction on BB11 really pissed me off. They only did it to make sure Josie would win.
Old 28-05-2015, 10:05 AM #21

Quote:
How do I spot ewe?
Gusto Brunt is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 10:06 AM #22
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
How do I spot ewe?
I'm on the guest list, so i will be near the stage.
Old 28-05-2015, 10:06 AM #23
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
Its got people talking but for all the wrong reasons.

Quote:
This has been done before and it was one of the most disliked things to happen in BB history when they chucked 4 people out in the C4 days.. it's their own fault that nobody's happy for not researching enough and knowing enough about the show.
I still believe you have to take risks, sure it might have failed before, but they can tweak on that and try another angle. I don't think you can totally give up on something just because it didn't work the first time. You have to be a little more creative than back then.

You could be right with this and it could be the final nail in the coffin, but I would rather look back and think they tried something over the thought of just letting it ride out.

It's about keeping things fresh and while I appreciate that isn't to the taste for every viewer, it feels exciting to me.
Old 28-05-2015, 10:11 AM #24

Quote:

Great post...I agree with everything..even down to who you hope will stay. But I think Harriet's going for sure unfortunately. Don't like her but she makes a good housemate.
Friday will be awesome because of what you said. The stage was set for this manipulation from Day 1 when Simon went without being even nommed... I love Bb but it's kind of become all too predictable...showmances...flying under the radar...and the entertaining ones all going.
This is great...mix it up...we don't want a boring,happy house.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 10:12 AM #25
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCharley View Post
Even sleeping on the twist won't make me optimistic. I can't seem to be happy about four people being thrown out for absolutely no reason, it's just an evident 'fix' by the producers and the show is so far from authentic, it kills me.

I am PRAYING Sarah and Harriet stay.... Out of the 6 I feel like they're the only ones that make the HL's show interesting and contribute tbh.

The producers better find some ****ing fabulous new housemates to right this wrong or else I am so turned off Timebomb. Not here for another Pav YAWN
The public are voting, it couldn't be fairer. Everyone was saying how naff the nomination reasons were, it was clear that the nominations were already tactical to remove interesting characters. We are getting new housemates relatively early on, so we have time to get to know them. I think this is the best thing the producers could have done
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
sinks, twist