Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:50 PM #1
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Default Digital Spy interviews Eileen

Quote:
How are you getting on after the eviction?

"I feel good. I really do feel good. I'd like to have gone through the whole course, of course. I didn't feel pressured in any way in there, but going is good too, you know. I've got my [partner] Bo, and I have my dog and my family. It was really, really good. I didn't mind either way. I was in the mix, and I left. That's how it goes."

Why do you think the public chose to evict you over Joel?

"They liked Joel better, I suppose!"

Do you think your age had anything to do with the public? You said you thought a lot of the housemates held that sort of prejudice against you.

"No, I don't think it was the age thing. Basically, Joel won over me and good luck to the lad. He's a really nice guy. He's 19 and he wants to go into politics, and if anything, I would've liked him to stay and me to go. I was going on a high. I came out with an open heart. I have no regrets of coming out at all. It's fine. Whatever will be, will be. May the best man or woman win."

Simon went behind your back and nominated you. Why do you think he what he did?

"To tell you the truth, I don't know. I couldn't get to grips with it really, because I was so looking forward to him going back in. Because he's in the same business, I had lots to talk about. We're a similar age. I really did think we had something going, friendship that we could build on. Just take our time and enjoy the house - you know, maybe I could be the clucking mother hen, and him being the papa. But it didn't happen like that, because he came in and the next day he nominated me for eviction.

"I really don't know what went on in Simon's mind in that moment in time. He's a nice man. He's confused but nice, and I have no regrets that he did that. It's part of the game, and his strategy was calling on that one."

Simon has threatened to quit on two occasions now. Do you think his threats were serious?

"I don't think the first one was, but I think the second one was. I'm not sure. I really don't know Simon - I don't know him really well. So how can I predict someone who's unpredictable? I just hope he stays in and enjoys it, I really do."

Why do you think Simon is so erratic? Why is he struggling a bit?

"I think Simon's living in a fantasy world, basically. He sees things in a different way. Like everyone, people don't look in the mirror and they don't really see themselves. I think he's got a bit delusional, it's got to his head. But to tell you the truth, at the end of the day, he's a very, very nice man. He came in, it's a big journey for him, and I will back Simon up all the way.

"I'll be rooting for him. If I'm not waiting outside the gates, I'll be waiting for him when he gets home, because I think everyone deserves a chance. It was all new to him. He might have made a mistake, I don't know. Maybe he didn't make a mistake, which is great. But you know, give the guy a chance! He means well. And I really do hope that it is a good journey for him in the house."

Simon said that he will finish in the top three. Last year, Helen Wood won despite being unpopular in the house. Can Simon do the same and win the whole series?

"No. Sorry to say, in my mind, I can't see it happening. I really can't. But, you just never can tell, can you? One day is different from another day, and in the house, within two hours it can change. So never say never, that's what I would say on that one."

When Harry and Marc and the new housemates came in, they started a bit of controversy and tried to sex things up a bit. Do you think they're looking for camera time, or is it just their personalities?

"I think it's a little bit of both. Their personalities are big, bubbly, and out there. It's hard to stop Marc sometimes, it really is! He winks at me and says, 'You alright, chicken?'. I genuinely think they came in to make the show a little bit more spicy, and they've definitely done that."

You mentioned that you didn't like Harry initially. What made you change your mind about her?

"At first, I thought, 'Oh no'. Walking around in the nude and stuff like that, I thought, 'Dear, dear, dear'. But even when I'm talking to her and she's in the nude, I thought, 'I like what you're standing for. I like how you think. I like your heart, and I think you're a kind, straightforward, no-mincing-around girl'. So I liked her values, and I took up a real bond with her. I like her profession, I like glamour girls. And I think she works really hard. I took a shine to her. In the end, I thought it was hard to leave her."

And what did you make of Marc?

"I really, really did like Marc. I liked him straight away. I like him. I'd like to see him on the outside. I think he's straightforward and straight-talking. He's not a backstabber, he'll say it to your face. He's plain straight. And you know, I truly like him. You would like him as well."

Who did you find it difficult to live with out of everyone in there?

"If anything, I would've found Sam the new housemate kind of difficult. She's grating a little bit. And Jade a little bit. I found her quite difficult to live with. Even though she wasn't that outspoken, I just didn't really kind of connect with her and think that's life and that's how you get along in life. Some people you connect and some people you don't. And those two girls, I didn't particularly connect with. Not for any particular reason - they're lovely girls and I'd love to have a pint down the pub with them, but then I'd like to go home and not sleep with them for 16 days or however many days I had to do!

"What you see edited is different to what it's actually like. No-one deliberately goes out of their way to make things difficult. And I'm not saying the editing – I've not seen the show, but I'm sure the editing is fantastic. I trust in the crew and Channel 5, and I've always said that if it comes out of my mouth, I've said it, you can use it. But if it didn't come out of my mouth, you can't put anything on me."

Chloe and Jade are the only original women left in the house. Is it a concern that most of the women have been voted out, while only Kieran has been evicted from the boys?

"In the actual house, I don't think that's a problem. No-one's really looking at it at that angle. I think the women in the house are fantastic. I love Chloe. Jade's a really nice girl, and I like the ex-housemates as well. I don't think the people in the house are looking at it quite like that way. I think everyone's getting on with their daily chores or tasks. That's more people on the outside would think about rather than people on the inside. You're in a bubble. It's good but it's difficult. We didn't know each other, every one of us. I think it's fair game."

You did The X Factor before Big Brother. Would you do another reality show?

"I don't know, I really don't know. If somebody asked me and I didn't have to eat beetles or water beetles or live toads or something, maybe I'd say yes, because you know what, it's fun. You meet some smashing people and I always want to have my head held high and do the best I can, 110%. If it was something that was good, that I could actually do physically and mentally, I'd probably say, 'Yes, why not?'. It's good to be free, and it's good to have an open heart."

What would you like to do in an ideal world?

"My biggest dream is, I'd like to sing in Vegas. That would be my ultimate dream. But in an ideal world, I'd like to have maybe a talk show about films, underground films, alternative films. I like talking. But do you know what, I've got my dog here, and I've got Bo, and I'm terribly happy at the moment. I woke up to a beautiful day, and hopefully it will stay that way!"

Would you like to see make the final this series?

"I like Jack, I like Joel, I like Nick, Chloe I really do, sweet girl. So I'd like them to be in the final. I like Marc. Yeah, I've got my five specials. But I'm not saying that the rest aren't sweet people."
Well done DS for picking up on the sexism issue.

Eileen is giving some Miss World answers tho
Old 06-06-2015, 05:56 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

She's changed her tune on Simon from last night, which is what I thought she was like in the house...eg full of ****.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:06 PM #3
Namaste

Namaste

Really good interview, thanks for posting it.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
digital, eileen, interviews, spy