Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 21-06-2015, 12:01 AM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Default Am I wrong for feeling annoyed?

Hey Guys!
How is everyone?

Its 1am and I can't sleep because, quite frankly, I don't know how i feel.

My friend and I made plans last week to go to last night. I had to ask her on Wednesday what the times were etc and it was then she decided to tell me that on Monday she went to the doctor and has been put on antibiotics and she feels **** so she cant do much. I was annoyed but was like, fine, It's one of those things. I was more annoyed that i had to go and find out for myself rather than her tell me. But anyways.

Then, all over facebook, her dancing and singing - SHE WAS AT A PARTY! Now i didnt want to make any conclusions so i asked her and she said yeah she went out it was a last minute thing her mum asked her to come along blablabla.

Now, i don't disbelieve that she was sick, she probably was. But if you were thinking of going out surely you'd be like, 'okay i feel better now ill see if Conor is still free'. When i said this to her she said she doesnt have to clock in with me when she wants to go out, she cancelled on me so what she does from then on is her choice and not my business.

I just ended the conversation with 'Fine, but I don't do one sided friendships' and then thats that.

I feel like such a 12 year old! But sometimes it needs to take that to get through to someone!

She invited 20 people to her birthday last month and i was the only one that turned up! Ive been so good to her!

So anyways, am i wrong to feel annoyed? upset? angry? or is she completely in the right?

Help me out guys.
xxx
Conzors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 12:06 AM #2

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzors View Post
Hey Guys!
How is everyone?

My friend and I made plans last week to go to last night. I had to ask her on Wednesday what the times were etc and it was then she decided to tell me that on Monday she went to the doctor and has been put on antibiotics and she feels **** so she cant do much. I was annoyed but was like, fine, It's one of those things. I was more annoyed that i had to go and find out for myself rather than her tell me. But anyways.

Then, all over facebook, her dancing and singing - SHE WAS AT A PARTY! Now i didnt want to make any conclusions so i asked her and she said yeah she went out it was a last minute thing her mum asked her to come along blablabla.

Now, i don't disbelieve that she was sick, she probably was. But if you were thinking of going out surely you'd be like, 'okay i feel better now ill see if Conor is still free'. When i said this to her she said she doesnt have to clock in with me when she wants to go out, she cancelled on me so what she does from then on is her choice and not my business.

I just ended the conversation with 'Fine, but I don't do one sided friendships' and then thats that.

I feel like such a 12 year old! But sometimes it needs to take that to get through to someone!

She invited 20 people to her birthday last month and i was the only one that turned up! Ive been so good to her!

So anyways, am i wrong to feel annoyed? upset? angry? or is she completely in the right?

Help me out guys.
xxx
Hell,I'de be annoyed too ,Don't let her use you Conzors,she may have been ill,but not too ill to party and she could have asked you if you are supposed to be mates ,or even explained to you why she wanted to go without you,I would go out with your other mates and not invite her,but that's just me being a bitch probably,but do what makes you happy and don't get used.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 03:59 AM #3
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzors View Post
Hey Guys!
How is everyone?

Help me out guys.
xxx
...awww Conor....of course you're not wrong to feel annoyed and let down, I think you know that...she could be completely telling the truth in that if she had the anti-biotics on Monday because she felt quite poorly, they would have kicked in over the week and she would have felt much better to go out this weekend but didn't think she would on Wednesday when you spoke to her but then genuinely thought that she wouldn't feel up to going out... but obviously it's the communication of it all with you as well, you know...having cancelled the plans with you and then feeling ok last night and her mum saying...oh come along with us and it all being on facebook etc has just made you feel rubbish about your friendship with her and the loyalty/consideration that you showed her when you were the one who went to her birthday party and probably at other times as well...the thing to have done would have been for her to tell you last thing also that she felt much better and had the opportunity to go out with her mum and would you like to come along too....but obviously she didn't for whatever reason....

...the 'doesn't have to clock in' with you is I think a defensive thing because she does feel guilt with it all and guilt quite often transfers as a defensive/aggressive type thing when ideally she should have just said...ughhh, I messed up etc and I should have asked you to come along as well or arranged something last minute with you instead because that was our original plan...she's messed up really, people do mess up, friends mess up etc...and it sounds like one of those things that maybe could escalate as well..?...with her really having no defence/excuse other than she has been thoughtless over this....

...it's up to you really because it's yours and her friendship and only you know the person she is...will she carry on being defensive as if she did nothing inconsiderate, is that what her personality is prone to be and atm if she does then that's only going to make you more annoyed and feel 'used'...or maybe she'll contact you today and apologise for it all and for not considering how you would feel with all of this when you've obviously shown her such thought in the past...it really is up to you to decide and know the 'worth' of this friendship, everyone is different and not everyone shows the same consideration to others and to friends...it's not necessarily that they value a friendship less or are 'using' intentionally although I realise that's how it leaves the other person feeling and understandably so....it's just different people really and what they 'give' and how much they consider/their individual personality...so your friendship may mean a lot to her even though she's done this...maybe she's just not good at admitting when she feels in the wrong with something and then get's all defensive about it as well which obviously for you makes it worse....

...anyway, maybe just a 'glitch' or maybe there are other things that you've felt let down with or 'pushed aside' with in the past that you're questioning whether it is a 'one-sided' friendship etc...people are not perfect, friends are not perfect, even the best of friends, we all do thoughtless stuff ..(except you because you sound like always such the thoughtful and lovely person....)...so it's up to us really to decide, do we except their 'flaws' and who they are, which might sometimes be to show this lack of thought because there is so much good stuff about them as well or do we think and feel...nope/this is not a friendship I need etc..it's more to do with our own 'boundaries' etc in friendships because people can only 'use' as much as we let them but it really is just different personalities that can't be help ...you did nothing wrong and you have every right to feel upset and annoyed with this..I hope that you both talk and sort it out ....x.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 09:24 PM #4
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Pretty sh1tty thing for a friend to do. I'd be angry too.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 09:27 PM #5
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

She sounds like a knob, wouldn't bother wasting any time on her

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 09:34 PM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

I would be a bit pissed off tbh

make sure you nominate her next week

stick with bros, forget the hos

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 21-06-2015 at 09:36 PM.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 09:34 PM #7

A friend did this to me years ago. We'd planned to go and watch a film on a particular day, it'd been about two weeks beforehand we planned it. Spoken/mentioned it in conversation many many times over the two weeks and then the night before I phoned them to double check where we were meeting, what time, should we get some dinner before etc etc and I was met with "What? Oh, I completely forgot? When did we plan?" which I couldn't even say anything because I was so confused.

So, anyway, they couldn't go because they had family visiting that day apparently. Which if they'd basically said "Sorry, family are round can we do it another time?" or whatever, it's the dancing around the truth I can't stand and the fake excuses and the fakest pretending to have forgotten I've ever seen in my life.

I was pissed for about half an hour and then got over it..... until later that night and I got a phone call asking if I wanted to meet him and a couple of others for a drink and without even registering that he'd cancelled with me or any of all that bullsh*t, he starts telling us all about this great film he'd watched today with his cousin. The same film we were going seeing.

I could've swung for him.

But, yeah, your story sounds similar. Someone who for some unknown stupid reason just can't be straight and needs to use the old "I'm not well" bullsh*t instead of just saying they have made other plans or whatever. I hate bullsh*tters.

Last edited by Marsh.; 21-06-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 09:42 PM #8
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

You have every right to be annoyed don't feel like you're being childish. I would be super pissed also if someone did that to me. She could have easily told her mum she wasn't going to this party or invited you if she felt this party needed to be attended (Was it a relative or something I'm guessing?) Don't dwell on it too much and just focus on other things right now like your other friends if she apologies or try to speak to you fair enough I think you should give her the benefit of the doubt (but that's just me it's up to you whatever you do)

A similar thing happened to me when I was sixteen and it was prom one of my best friends told me she couldn't get in a limo with us or get dressed with us before hand etc because her mum couldn't drive her round to mine yet her mum could drive her round to someone's which actually passes my house. We made up but I was really pissed like you at the time.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 11:37 PM #9
Namaste

Namaste

That's not at all unreasonable, I'd be annoyed too.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
annoyed, feeling, wrong