Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-06-2015, 09:31 PM #101
-

-

Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2015, 05:28 AM #102
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I hadn't read or watched the vid because I thought that it would be too disturbing but this is not about whether dog meat is typically eaten in a China but about the festival and how the dogs are killed and that their killing and eating is 'celebrated'...?...I don't know how it got to WW3 because this is not eating to survive, it's about celebrating the slaughter of animals which I know is done in many customs/traditions but this festival has only been something since 1995 so it says in the article..so this is not a deep tradition or anything that they do this..and yeah, in China dogs are eaten and here we eat cows and we eat sheep and we eat pigs etc but it's not celebrated with a mass public slaughter and even in some cases, family pets 'taken'....

..I think that Yang Xiaoyun is amazing.....especially as well because she is an older person so could be more 'ruled' by things like traditions/customs etc but maybe it is actually because she's older that she has seen the 'change' in China through the years of dogs more and more becoming family pets and hoping for a whole attitude change toward them...sadly I don't think that's something that will happen quickly though even probably with the festival which is a very 'modern' thing...whatever the animal had been, I still think it would be wrong for a country to accept this 'slaughter celebration'...but because I'm sure that no one taking part feels that it's wrong, Yang is right...it's about appealing to the government to ban these things and also using social and any media to help do that...and of course, herself striving to influence.. let's hear it for the Yang....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
angry, china’s, class, dog, eating, festival, growing, middle