Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 12-02-2002, 06:28 PM #1

Default Snippets about Dean

My local evening paper had a couple of snippets about Dean tonight. Firstly he's apparently met with officials at the FA this week and delivered a copy of the tune he has written which he hopes will be chosen as the official World Cup song. "It's a very indie pop sounding song with a singalong feel and there's a nice story in the lyrics".
I know that we knew about this from Lee's interview with Bubble but I thought you might like to read it.
The second item says:
Halesowen's Big Brother star Dean OLoughlin will spend Valentine's Day helping to relaunch a new fostering project to find long-term families for West Midlands youngsters. Barnardos spokeswoman Jacqui Woodward said Dean had been chosen because of his romantic gestures on the show. He wore a number of T-shirts displaying messages to his girlfriend, who he has since married. Dean will attend the opening of Barnardo's renamed 8-18 Family Placement project on Thursday. The scheme will be run from Barnardo's new headquarters in Trinity Road, Dudley.

Good to see Dean has retained his social conscience and that he is giving his time and energy to such a worthwhile event. Good on yer, Deano!
peachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 06:46 PM #2

What a nice guy, totally genuine and unselfish!!!!!

Don't know about the footie song though, it won't be as popular as "Three Lions"
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 07:56 PM #3

Thanks Peachy! Good for Dean, it is wonderful that he and a few of the other housemates are using their celebrity satus to supporting worthwhile causes.
I really hope that even if his and Bubbles 'footie' song might not be as unique as 'Three Lions', that they are successful in their quest to have it as this years anthem anyway....Good Luck to them.

Honey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2002, 10:24 AM #4

Quote:
Dean had been chosen because of his romantic gestures on the show. He wore a number of T-shirts displaying messages to his girlfriend, who he has since married.
And he got into trouble for it too! Naughty, but lovely man. And thankyou Peachy for a great find. It's a shame so many of these lovely stories are buried away in local papers so most of us miss it. You could tell Dean not only cared about important issues when he was in the house, but had actually given them some proper thought, which I really admired. I had fully expected him to become a spokesperson for Amnesty, or one of the environmental charities because he had the knowledge as well as the profile.

I have to say I'm far less keen on this football song thing. I'm always a bit nervous about them, and wonder if it will help Dean's longer term career. But more importantly, as a Scot I will hate the song on principle!
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dean, snippets