Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 24-06-2015, 06:42 PM #1

Default The Producers causing arguments

This argument that's going to happen in tonight's show is the fault of the producers, just watch the highlights and see how bitchy the hm's are being behind each others back then the producers decide to give the housemates a 'game', and as usual it's solely designed to cause drama and arguments.

And now what? Brian gone, Helen and Marc warned...

After such a great show last night with basically no arguing or dram they pull out this manufactured **** again!!
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 06:44 PM #2
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

A complete mess of a show. Everything should evolve naturally just like in its heyday

Last edited by Pete.; 24-06-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Pete. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 06:46 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
A complete mess of a show. Everything should evolve naturally just like in its heyday
Yup.

And the sad thing is EVERYONE basically can see this apart from the people that make the ****ing show

Last edited by Josy; 24-06-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 24-06-2015, 06:46 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

It's so boring, most of us want to see arguments yeah but only when they're genuine and spaced out throughout the series, this constant forced attempts to push arguments (then telling them off when they do ) is awful. We need more fun like the episode yesterday, watching events unfold naturally rather than manipulation is infinitely more entertaining.

Last edited by RichardG; 24-06-2015 at 06:47 PM.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 06:47 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
This argument that's going to happen in tonight's show is the fault of the producers, just watch the highlights and see how bitchy the hm's are being behind each others back then the producers decide to give the housemates a 'game', and as usual it's solely designed to cause drama and arguments.

And now what? Brian gone, Helen and Marc warned...

After such a great show last night with basically no arguing or dram they pull out this manufactured **** again!!
It's so frustrating. They must think that this is what we want to see all the time. I loved yesterday's episode because it was just them all having fun. Everything the producers have done this series is premeditated to cause arguments.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 06:48 PM #6
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yup.

And the sad thing is EVERYONE basically can see this apart from the people that make the ****ing show
It makes sense for the producers to read the forums perhaps then they could make a decent show
Old 24-06-2015, 06:48 PM #7
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
It's so boring, most of us want to see arguments yeah but only when they're genuine and spaced out throughout the series, this constant forced attempts to push arguments (then telling them off when they do ) is awful. We need more fun like the episode yesterday, watching events unfold naturally rather than manipulation is infinitely more entertaining.
Yes that's the sad thing it's getting so boring now
Old 24-06-2015, 06:53 PM #8
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

so much has been manufactured in this series, that I am now watching it for completely different reasons to those I originally intended. I wonder how many more viewers will disappear if there ever actually is another civilian BB. I have serious doubts that they will get housemates prepared to go into it now, let alone get anyone to then watch it. Certainly no-one "normal" would entertain the idea of doing BB having watched this mess
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 06:54 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
Exactly, arguments are completely fine as long as they all play out naturally, a group of people in an isolated environment is sure to cause some arguments through the course of the show so just leave them to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasadkel1 View Post
It's so frustrating. They must think that this is what we want to see all the time. I loved yesterday's episode because it was just them all having fun. Everything the producers have done this series is premeditated to cause arguments.
True. Every 'game' they have given the hm's (when did they start doing this anyway?) and a majority of the tasks have been to cause trouble.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:00 PM #10

The fake drama is so low rent.
I feel completely detached from this series and the housemates i find it boring to watch and dont really care who wins. This years housemates are just a sideshow.

Last edited by billy123; 24-06-2015 at 07:00 PM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:01 PM #11

Quote:
Yup.

Everyone can see what is wrong with the show...

No live coverage
Pointless Twists
Desperate Stunts
Contrived Drama
No normal nominations
Blatant rigging of the show to keep people in longer (Marc)
Building the show around the producer's pets at the expense of everyone else (to the point where Marc will probably win because he has no competition)
Tasks designed to humiliate
Every attempt at fun being called off

I told everyone on this forum in first few weeks that this show was only going to get worse and the reason for it is the dead end format they have chosen for the show. It does not work. And until all the fan sites and forums and people on twitter and the presenters start saying it out loud you're just going to get the same again next year.

I see Dr. Detroit has a few of the guys from fan sites on his show on Sunday. I hope they lay into this show good and proper.

Last edited by Beetlejuice; 24-06-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Beetlejuice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:02 PM #12

Bbus tonighttttttttttttttttt
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:03 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
Everyone can see what is wrong with the show...

No live coverage
Pointless Twists
Desperate Stunts
Contrived Drama
No normal nominations
Blatant rigging of the show to keep people in longer (Marc)
Building the show around the producer's pets at the expense of everyone else (to the point where Marc will probably win because he has no competition)
Tasks designed to humiliate
Every attempt at fun being called off

I told everyone on this forum in first few weeks that this show was only going to get worse and the reason for it is the dead end format they have chosen for the show. It does not work. And until all the fan sites and forums and people on twitter and the presenters start saying it out loud you're just going to get the same again next year.
Yeah everyone knows, like I said in my post
Old 24-06-2015, 07:06 PM #14
0_o

0_o

I only watched last nights show this afternoon, and it was honestly one of the best of the series.

Or was until Bellend tried him 'they are horrible' rubbish when he himself had been joining in the fun, and from where I saw it looked like Danny was the culprit for hitting Nikki in the face anyway

I like arguments, don't get me wrong. But all of these tasks and such designed to cause arguments, all of the showing DR stuff and that, theres no need. That many people living together will have natural arguments, we don't need production pushing them along.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:06 PM #15
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

You say everyone knows but ultimately the main impression of this forum, and the social network sites, is that 90% of the chat about the show now is about how Marc and Helen are big characters, not about how they're big characters in a ****ty show. At this point I'm actively encouraging housemates to be background 'bores' if it means they have some semblance of dignity and likeability about them. And I know the main argument against this post will be that BB has changed, I have to get over it, but I don't want to and don't see why I should just accept the fact that what was once an entertaining show is now a tacky merry-go-round of orange, manufactured crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:09 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
You say everyone knows but ultimately the main impression of this forum, and the social network sites, is that 90% of the chat about the show now is about how Marc and Helen are big characters, not about how they're big characters in a ****ty show. At this point I'm actively encouraging housemates to be background 'bores' if it means they have some semblance of dignity and likeability about them. And I know the main argument against this post will be that BB has changed, I have to get over it, but I don't want to and don't see why I should just accept the fact that what was once an entertaining show is now a tacky merry-go-round of orange, manufactured crap.
Ok then, everyone knows apart from the ones that love constant drama, who I would say are the most to blame along with the producers for the what the show has now become.

I've never been a fan of the constant drama on BB btw and Ive said as much on here a lot over the years..
Old 24-06-2015, 07:10 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
You say everyone knows but ultimately the main impression of this forum, and the social network sites, is that 90% of the chat about the show now is about how Marc and Helen are big characters, not about how they're big characters in a ****ty show.
I fear you're right. But at least half of us have had enough of Helen, and frankly Marc as well.

They are not big characters. They are just offputting. The reason people are talking about Marc is because the show has been rigged for him to stay in longer. The reason people are talking about Helen is because she is draining the life out of the show just like she did last year.

Quote:
At this point I'm actively encouraging housemates to be background 'bores' if it means they have some semblance of dignity and likeability about them. And I know the main argument against this post will be that BB has changed, I have to get over it, but I don't want to and don't see why I should just accept the fact that what was once an entertaining show is now a tacky merry-go-round of orange, manufactured crap.
BB has changed... Into something damn near unwatchable.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:23 PM #18
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

I know I'm constantly championing the need for drama on here but I really am getting sick of it being manufactured.

These tasks and games they give them which involved them finding out about bitchy comments used to be a rare occurrence maybe once a series, and when they happened it was a 'ooooh what a great idea to stir it up ' now pretty much every single task involves something about things housemates have said, or forces them to be nasty to each other's faces there and then in order to provoke an argument and it's just ****ing predictable.

I don't know why the housemates rise to it either, Harriet had it right earlier on in the series when she said 'look at what they're doing to us'. If they had a bit of sense they wouldn't rise to the producers constant baiting.

I'm actually enjoying Love Island a lot at the minute because it has taken two weeks for the drama to simmer and occur on its own accord, and therefore it's natural. I don't know why they don't understand that on most occasions, putting a group of people into an enclosed environment will naturally provoke tension and arguments. Just look at BB5, BB6 and BB8.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:25 PM #19

Do you think the producers read threads like this? Or do you think they're completely unaware of what a lot of people think? Also, has anyone ever contacted the people behind bb to give feedback on the show?
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:27 PM #20
You know my methods

You know my methods

Its 2015

tv has moved on, its the way it is and advertisers want drama
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:29 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Its 2015

Wrong. Advertisers want ratings, that's the only thing that matters to them.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:31 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBB View Post
Do you think the producers read threads like this? Or do you think they're completely unaware of what a lot of people think? Also, has anyone ever contacted the people behind bb to give feedback on the show?
Yes, Oathy0007 on twitter, who posts on Digital Spy in the Live Feed Axed thread has been constantly in contact with the people who work for Channel 5 about the live coverage. They have given so many different answers year after year, it's now impossible to know what the truth is. I feel sorry for him, because they give him the run around.

As to whether or not they read these forums... Certainly they used to read Digital Spy. And obviously Rylan mentions getting grief on twitter. Emma called out for the live feed during the "Legends" entrance into the house.

I honestly thought last years show would be the breaking point and with new owners of the channel and an unpopular terrible series they would make some big changes to BB. And yet they've done all the same things again, only even more so this year. Everything the fans ask for more of they get less of, and everything they ask for less of they get more of. They've built a brick wall between themselves and the fans and climbed a ladder to the top and urinated on them.

And I expect it to be much the same next year.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:33 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Its 2015

Advertisers want viewing figures. You get those by making a show that is popular and earns good will from those watching - who then spread the word and get others watching.

Unfortunately, they piss off the hardcore fans who generate the interest that attracts the casuals and end up losing both.

Last edited by Beetlejuice; 24-06-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:35 PM #24
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

if they want to cause arguments they should do things like wake them up early, not give them so much luxuries, let them actually nominate without it being f/f or shown to the house (the paranoia will have them at each other), let the legends go (with them there they're all united because of this us an them mentality), give em loads of booze for like one night a week and NO CONTACT WITH THE OUSIDE WORLD!!
All this would cause the series to be more tense but without the housemates literally being given a script to follow.

Last edited by armand.kay; 24-06-2015 at 07:36 PM.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 07:38 PM #25

I daresay that the reason there were so few arguments in the first two weeks is because the attempts to create drama by the producers were so obvious the housemates were united in an effort not to argue as a result.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arguments, causing, producers