Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:57 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
If Marc had stirred **** up AND won friends and influenced people in the house and out of it he'd have walked away as the winner so problem. He wasn't socially smart enough to get the balance right. He showed a nicer side too rarely. Coming across as a grade A prick and a cocky sod 80% of the time isn't a very intelligent path to success. So academically smart, yes; socially smart, hell no!
This is laughable, for you to even suggest that he went out of his way to try and make friends but failed is a joke.

He said what he wanted to do and he did it. Anything beyond that is speculation and not worth me even trying to explain to you.

He even went out of his way to say that the notion of housemates genuinely entering the house to make friends was bull****. He made such a big deal out of it that he would have been called a hypocrite if he had done so himself.

Last edited by JamesBond; 05-07-2015 at 02:07 AM.
JamesBond is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:51 AM #27

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
This is laughable, for you to even suggest that he went out of his way to try and make friends but failed is a joke.

He said what he wanted to do and he did it. Anything beyond that is speculation and not worth me even trying to explain to you.

He even went out of his way to say that the notion of housemates genuinely entering the house to make friends was bull****. He made such a big deal out of it that he would have been called a hypocrite if he had done so himself.
Did you even read all of my post? I didn't suggest that he tried to make friends and failed. I said if he HAD tried to make friends and influence people favourably as well as **** stir he would have won. He got kicked out as soon as he was up, so he wasn't as smart as he made himself out to be, with all his going on about how educated he was. A degree doesn't win you BB, making a stir and being genuinely likeable at the same time does. He probably thought being nasty like Helen with few redeeming features was what the public wanted now, but unfortunately for him he didn't have a free pass to the final and the producers could only get him so far.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:59 AM #28

Quote:
Did you even read all of my post? I didn't suggest that he tried to make friends and failed. I said if he HAD tried to make friends and influence people favourably as well as **** stir he would have won. He got kicked out as soon as he was up, so he wasn't as smart as he made himself out to be, with all his going on about how educated he was. A degree doesn't win you BB, making a stir and being genuinely likeable at the same time does. He probably thought being nasty like Helen with few redeeming features was what the public wanted now, but unfortunately for him he didn't have a free pass to the final and the producers could only get him so far.

This is an embarrassing debate, you didn't address any of my point and just decided to ramble on about what you think he should have done.

I should just let you argue by yourself at least that way you'll feel like you kinda won.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:43 AM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is an embarrassing debate, you didn't address any of my point and just decided to ramble on about what you think he should have done.

I should just let you argue by yourself at least that way you'll feel like you kinda won.
You know I'm right so you just throw out an insult instead of admitting it. How embarrassing for you.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:52 AM #30

Quote:
There is more than one type of intelligence. He may be academically smart, but he would get an F minus in 'how to win friends and influence people' as the majority of the HM's and the public didn't like him as much as he believed they would, or should. He is a terrible judge of his own character and the effect it has on others. He thinks he's the dogs bollocks and a great laugh and that everyone should love him and 'get' him, but he's really just a pumped up little self - important man with an inflated ego and a cruel line of 'banter'. Maybe getting the boot out of the house will teach him some humility, but I doubt it.
Agree
Just because you are academically intelligent it does not mean you are intelligent on all levels.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 AM #31

Quote:
There is more than one type of intelligence. He may be academically smart, but he would get an F minus in 'how to win friends and influence people' as the majority of the HM's and the public didn't like him as much as he believed they would, or should. He is a terrible judge of his own character and the effect it has on others. He thinks he's the dogs bollocks and a great laugh and that everyone should love him and 'get' him, but he's really just a pumped up little self - important man with an inflated ego and a cruel line of 'banter'. Maybe getting the boot out of the house will teach him some humility, but I doubt it.
But that was his game plan. He didn't want to win friends, he wanted to stand out and whether I liked him or not I could see he was easily the most popular and most unpopular. Let's be honest one really hates Cristian and Sam as they are too dull to dislike. If Mr Irish Banter wanted to be full time Mr Nice he would have been Danny/Cristian #3, but would have been less popular as he doesn't have their looks. By being Mr Controversial he guaranteed AT, a large cult following and a certain protection and favouritism from the producers, who now have 45mins to fill of Chloe's nice girl shtick, Nick picking his nose and Joel interviewing in a patronising voice. I loathe Marc, but to claim he is not intelligent is, well not intelligent IMHO.

Don't make me defend Marc, ta.

Last edited by alex_front2; 05-07-2015 at 10:25 AM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:34 AM #32

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Helen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
But that was his game plan. He didn't want to win friends, he wanted to stand out and whether I liked him or not I could see he was easily the most popular and most unpopular. Let's be honest one really hates Cristian and Sam as they are too dull to dislike. If Mr Irish Banter wanted to be full time Mr Nice he would have been Danny/Cristian #3, but would have been less popular as he doesn't have their looks. By being Mr Controversial he guaranteed AT, a large cult following and a certain protection and favouritism from the producers, who now have 45mins to fill of Chloe's nice girl shtick, Nick picking his nose and Joel interviewing in a patronising voice. I loathe Marc, but to claim he is not intelligent is, well not intelligent IMHO.

One of the few people of this website that don't let their hatred of a HM cloud their judgement.
BigBuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:44 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But that was his game plan. He didn't want to win friends, he wanted to stand out
I've already addressed this point in posts just above, Alex.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:47 AM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuk View Post
One of the few people of this website that don't let their hatred of a HM cloud their judgement.
I don't hate Marc, I just think he's an absolute prick. There is only one HM I have actually hated over the years and it isn't him.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:54 AM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't hate Marc, I just think he's an absolute prick. There is only one HM I have actually hated over the years and it isn't him.
He is a prick, he's a self-confessed prick, that's why I like him. Probably my favourite HM of all time, don't know how people can say he isn't intelligent because he went out the first time he went up. That has nothing to do with his intelligence. If he had been quiet like the rest of them (boring) he wouldn't have went but then people like myself wouldn't have liked him.
BigBuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:06 AM #36

If we lazily equate intelligence with BB eviction survival week in week out, ladies and gentlemen.....our Time Warper Brian Bello (although I've never bought 100% his 'I'm thick, me' act, after all he invented TOWIE and successfully sued ITV) survived eviction and won. Hardly Sir Tim HuntHunt was Brian.

Last edited by alex_front2; 05-07-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:11 AM #37

Favourites:
X Factor 2015: Reggie 'N' Bollie

Favourites:
X Factor 2015: Reggie 'N' Bollie

Quote:

You see this is why I dislike the game players, they made Big brother to be a "reality" show, that would possibly show peoples TRUE emotions and responses in regard to conflict, attraction, anger and many other emotions. I think yes, people come on the show and try to MAKE it entertaining by coming up with some sort of gameplan but I think its all gone a bit OTT now. Imagine a show full of gameplayers like Marc who try to cause shizzz jst to entertain the crowd.. might aswell watch a movie, cuz it would all be scripted inside ones mind or on a piece of paper it makes no difference. Is reality TV even real anymore?
Jose Mourinho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:02 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If we lazily equate intelligence with BB eviction survival week in week out, ladies and gentlemen.....our Time Warper Brian Bello (although I've never bought 100% his 'I'm thick, me' act, after all he invented TOWIE and successfully sued ITV) survived eviction and won. Hardly Sir Tim HuntHunt was Brian.
But we're talking BB survival smarts here...not academic intelligence. Which brings me full circle to my original point - there is more than one kind of intelligence.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:03 PM #39

Quote:
You know I'm right so you just throw out an insult instead of admitting it. How embarrassing for you.
I proved you were wrong, it's not me that needs to admit anything. If you want me to admit something make a valid point that has something to back it up.

Let me help you out, all you need to do is prove that Marc went into the house to make friends and be liked. Use facts and not just what your own game plan would have been.

Mate if you think that was an insult you're insulted far too easily. I simply told you that if you can't address the points made then personally it's a waste of my time to have a debate with you on the subject. I'm sure you've heard a lot worse.

Last edited by JamesBond; 05-07-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:09 PM #40

Quote:

Thank you.

Why is this so hard for other people to understand?
Old 05-07-2015, 03:31 PM #41
Banned

Banned

Of course he was intelligent......articulate, quick witted, humorous, devious, charming, duplicitous, annoying, self deprecating, addictive viewing and not only able to read every body and every situation but also gave really good advice to people who trusted his opinion.. A BRILLIANT HOUSE MATE

He didn't get evicted because he is stupid he got evicted because so many viewers are stupid.....

If the house was fire bombed i know where he'd be....helping everyone he cud while Danny, Sam and Christian run for the door
REDCROP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:31 PM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I proved you were wrong, it's not me that needs to admit anything. If you want me to admit something make a valid point that has something to back it up.

Let me help you out, all you need to do is prove that Marc went into the house to make friends and be liked. Use facts and not just what your own game plan would have been.

Mate if you think that was an insult you're insulted far too easily. I simply told you that if you can't address the points made then personally it's a waste of my time to have a debate with you on the subject. I'm sure you've heard a lot worse.
*sigh* My goodness, you still haven't read my posts properly. I have already told you that he didn't go into the house to make friends and be liked but it would have been better for him if he had as well as stirring things up as it would have been a better balance and might have got him the win. I've put it in bold so you can't miss it this time.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:35 PM #43

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDERBOY View Post
The name of the game is to survive week by week, he was out the very first time he was up proper, not that smart really.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:52 PM #44

Quote:
*sigh* My goodness, you still haven't read my posts properly. I have already told you that he didn't go into the house to make friends and be liked but it would have been better for him if he had as well as stirring things up as it would have been a better balance and might have got him the win. I've put it in bold so you can't miss it this time.
*sigh* I did say

" Use facts and not just what your own game plan would have been. "

I didn't use bold, maybe I should have.

Last edited by JamesBond; 05-07-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:05 PM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
*sigh* I did say

" Use facts and not just what your own game plan would have been. "

I didn't use bold, maybe I should have.
You said to prove to you that Marc went into the house to make friends and be liked. As I never at any time said he did, I didn't need to prove anything other than the fact that I didn't say it.

Last edited by jet; 05-07-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:28 PM #46

Quote:
You said to prove to you that Marc went into the house to make friends and be liked. As I never at any time said he did, I didn't need to prove anything other than the fact that I didn't say it.
Lmao, it must have been me talking about making friends and influencing people. Good thing you didn't put that in bold.

So if you're admitting he didn't go in to make friends, then you can't say he's not smart because he couldn't get people to like him.

Which was your initial point right?

Pretty much saying he's academically smart but he's not street smart because he couldn't win people over.

That was your point, but feel free to change it to suit your argument at anytime.

Last edited by JamesBond; 05-07-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:41 PM #47
cancelled

cancelled

.......the dumbest think mark did was to insult.........then imagine he

could just make it up by being considerate later............................

........ah well?

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:42 PM #48

Quote:
Ashleigh Coyle ‏@ashleighcoyle22
#bbmarc 'it's the irish in me, were raging swearing alcoholics' ������ @bbuk

Preach it Ashleigh

Last edited by alex_front2; 05-07-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:46 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Lmao, it must have been me talking about making friends and influencing people. Good thing you didn't put that in bold.

So if you're admitting he didn't go in to make friends, then you can't say he's not smart because he couldn't get people to like him.
Which was your initial point right?

Pretty much saying he's academically smart but he's not street smart because he couldn't win people over.

That was your point, but feel free to change it to suit your argument at anytime.
No, I'm saying he's not smart for not realizing that he needed to get people to like him. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself...

Last edited by jet; 05-07-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:47 PM #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
.......the dumbest think mark did was to insult.........then imagine he

could just make it up by being considerate later............................

........ah well?

Mark L
The irony is delicious mate.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hm, intelligent, marc, wa