Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-07-2015, 01:51 AM #26
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
(just curious, the_truth (why do I do these things to myself)... would you feel the same if it were two guys in a situation like this? Not both pregnant, I mean)
YES. at the very least both parents should be involved at some stage in the upbringing of the child. what happens when the child wants to meet his real mam?
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 01:54 AM #27
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Then I'm sure they'd do what the child wanted to do and be honest as they can be, just because the donor or the surrogate wouldn't be a part of raising the child doesn't mean the parents have to lie to them or pretend they don't exist?

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 02:27 AM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Then I'm sure they'd do what the child wanted to do and be honest as they can be, just because the donor or the surrogate wouldn't be a part of raising the child doesn't mean the parents have to lie to them or pretend they don't exist?
then adopt unwanted children this sperm donor stuff is pretty bizarre....buying sperm off a stranger ? when do they tell the baby, why not just adopt a baby unwanted or from a family or mother / father who cant cope with bringing up a baby, theres millions who need a home. don't get me wrong if everyone is happy then im happy. You cant help wondering what the child thinks of it all when he grows up
Old 31-07-2015, 04:46 AM #29
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...well good luck to them if they make good parents...as much as they may be happy for the donor father not to have a part in any of their lives, he also is happy not to be by the sound of it so ok with 'donating' children to the world and then not to parent them.../so maybe a questionable influence in their lives anyway...

..just one thing about what truth said, I do agree in that there are many children already who need a loving family so adoption is also a thing to look at but I do know that it's not that easy for a gay couple to adopt a baby/maybe it's hard for every couple but I'm just saying that in particular because I know a gay couple going through the process of adoption atm..adopting older children is a bit easier though but the thing with that is that even at young ages like 2/3yrs old etc, those children can be very damaged by their past lives and to parent them takes 'skill sets' that not everyone has...so I think that has to be considered as well, that they need the right parents..so thinking of adoption as not necessarily the best for everyone sadly...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 06:42 AM #30
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

It's not easy for anyone to adopt a child regardless of sexuality, the process is ridiculously over complicated and whilst it's good to carry out checks etc it's a shame the same effort doesn't go into vetting foster carers but that is another subject , in this case both women were capable of getting pregnant so they wanted their own child and who can blame them for wanting that. Having your own child doesn't preclude anyone from adopting a child yet very few opt to go down that route, so it's easy to say they should have adopted while sitting back.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 07:48 AM #31

Sometimes this forum feels like the catholic church.

Not only will those children have a half brother/sister but two loving parents. Why would parents have to be a male father and a female mother? why can't two parents of the same sex make perfectly good parents?

A child who is adopted will often try to trace their real parentage once they are old enough but that search often leads to disappointment and a further feeling of rejection. I'm sure that children born from sperm donation must wonder who their father is but the one thing they have that fully adopted children don't have, is at least one real parents raising them.
Old 31-07-2015, 07:53 AM #32
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post

Not only will those children have a half brother/sister but two loving parents. Why would parents have to be a male father and a female mother? why can't two parents of the same sex make perfectly good parents?

A child who is adopted will often try to trace their real parentage once they are old enough but that search often leads to disappointment and a further feeling of rejection. I'm sure that children born from sperm donation must wonder who their father is but the one thing they have that fully adopted children don't have, is at least one real parents raising them.
..sorry but I don't get that DR, there are many supportive posts in the thread for this couple and their decision...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 08:44 AM #33
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Are Catholics not allowed free speech or to have a view? As Ammi says most posts are supportive and the non supportive ones are should equally be able to air their views without having to justify their faith
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 11:50 AM #34

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

I am really pleased for them.
Receiving donor sperm is no different to a woman receiving donor eggs to enable having children.
Having the children so close together is lovely for them as well.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 02:22 PM #35
User banned

User banned

Quote:

a typically bigoted post from the church of atheism and church of the loony liberal left....the kind of belief system that saw Britain become the breed for benefits, binge drinking and abortion capital of the world. pathetic nonsense.
partents don't HAVE to be male and female but that is the ideal as it offers more balance and gives the child a better understanding of both genders and 2 role models and guardians of both genders. if gay couples want children, they should adopt. this sperm donation business is absurd. these gay couples want everything on their terms without enough thought for the child. at least Madonna did adopt a poor child as did Angelina jolie and brad pitt. theres millions of babies who need a home. this set up is a mess.
Old 31-07-2015, 02:34 PM #36
Banned

Banned

So it's basically the real life version of 'The Kids Are Alright'?

Good for them, I don't think it's unfair on the children to not know who their biological father is, plenty of kids grow up with one parent just fine and these kids are going to have two loving parents so I don't see what the problem is, it's not like the father's been forced out of the picture, he's a sperm donor and they rarely have anything to do with the kids anyway.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 02:49 PM #37
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post

Good for them, I don't think it's unfair on the children to not know who their biological father is, plenty of kids grow up with one parent just fine and these kids are going to have two loving parents so I don't see what the problem is, it's not like the father's been forced out of the picture, he's a sperm donor and they rarely have anything to do with the kids anyway.
'The father, aged 24, has signed an agreement saying he will have no part in the children’s lives'

The children won't sign any such agreement so hopefully should they wish to when they're older they could contact him. Everyone deserves to know where they come from if it's at all possible.
Old 31-07-2015, 02:55 PM #38

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
'The father, aged 24, has signed an agreement saying he will have no part in the children’s lives'

The children won't sign any such agreement so hopefully should they wish to when they're older they could contact him. Everyone deserves to know where they come from if it's at all possible.
Isn't that just part of the regular sperm donor contract though?

I'd imagine once the children reach a certain age they'll be told, even though I'm pretty sure they'll cotton on at one point that neither of their mummy's have a peen, it's the same with adopted kids I assume, one day they'll be told then it'll be down to them whether or not they seek out their biological father, I don't see the issue.

Would people be saying this about a straight couple having a sperm donor?
Old 31-07-2015, 02:59 PM #39
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post

I'd imagine once the children reach a certain age they'll be told, even though I'm pretty sure they'll cotton on at one point that neither of their mummy's have a peen, it's the same with adopted kids I assume, one day they'll be told then it'll be down to them whether or not they seek out their biological father, I don't see the issue.

Yes, yes I would be saying the exact same thing no matter who it is if it's possible everyone should have access to their biological ancestry I think it's important.
I appreciate not everyone has the option but I do think it's natural to need to know where and who we came from.
Old 31-07-2015, 03:19 PM #40
You know my methods

You know my methods

to be fair I think Lesbians should suffer vile little brats ruining their lives and costing them sleep and money like the rest of us

it will serve them both right
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 03:23 PM #41
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post

So, a normal sperm donor agreement.

He won't get involved in their lives but the agreement doesn't prevent them from finding out about him and even making contact when they're old enough.

Why anyone would want to get in contact with their biological father if they were a sperm donor is beyond me. There'd be no connection there beyond DNA. I'd value the parents that actually raised me a lot more than a random sperm donor who doesn't know and wouldn't care that I existed.

Last edited by Tom4784; 31-07-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 05:03 PM #42
User banned

User banned

Quote:

your lying....its proven fact kids from 1 parent families who have no fathers or mothers are massively disadvantaged, clearly you don't care about that
Old 31-07-2015, 05:05 PM #43
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post

a straight couple is far more regular , frequent and natural. kids brought up by a gay couple need it explained to them where they came from otherwise they'll have massive crisis of identity. its high time we ASKED THE KIDS AND ASKED THE KIDS WHO WERE RAISED BY GAY COUPLES FOR THEIR OPINIONS INSTEAD OF HAVING THESE OPINIONS RAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS BY INTEREST GROUPS AND ACTIVISTS
Old 31-07-2015, 05:06 PM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
your lying....its proven fact kids from 1 parent families who have no fathers or mothers are massively disadvantaged, clearly you don't care about that
I was raised by a single mother and was not disadvantaged in the slightest

I would have been worse off had my father stayed in our lives due to his lifestyle.

Don't assume you know anything about a vast and varied group of people all from very different sets of circumstances.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 05:07 PM #45
User banned

User banned

Quote:
So, a normal sperm donor agreement.

He won't get involved in their lives but the agreement doesn't prevent them from finding out about him and even making contact when they're old enough.

Why anyone would want to get in contact with their biological father if they were sperm donor is beyond me. There'd be no connection there beyond DNA. I'd value the parents that actually raised me a lot more than a random sperm donor who doesn't know and wouldn't care that I existed.
who are you to say what these kids should or shouldn't want ? youre trying to act like a God. IF you really cared about these kids youd want to know what the kids want and how kids brought up by gay couples especialy sperm donors think of it all
Old 31-07-2015, 05:08 PM #46
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I was raised by a single mother and was not disadvantaged in the slightest

I would have been worse off had my father stayed in our lives due to his lifestyle.

Don't assume you know anything about a vast and varied group of people all from very different sets of circumstances.
sadly it really shows

YOUre the one who assumes Im talking about the overall figures, kids overall are massively disadvantaged with a one parent family....try and drop the both chips you have and allow other kids the option of mother and father
Old 31-07-2015, 05:10 PM #47

Quote:
sadly it really shows
Pardon?

Quote:
YOUre the one who assumes Im talking about the overall figures, kids overall are massively disadvantaged with a one parent family....try and drop the both chips you have and allow other kids the option of mother and father
Erm, what? I haven't done any such thing.

Would you like to try again?
Old 31-07-2015, 05:14 PM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Pardon?

Erm, what? I haven't done any such thing.

Would you like to try again?
youre bitter , let kids have both parents let them not be disadvantaged
Old 31-07-2015, 05:15 PM #49

Quote:
youre bitter , let kids have both parents let them not be disadvantaged
Where have I not allowed kids to have both parents?

I'm not bitter in the slightest. I knew my father, he just had very little to no input in my life because I was better off without him.

It's called a counter argument to your insinuation that children with one parent are massively disadvantaged. Many are not, and many who come from two parent families end up disadvantaged.

Last edited by Marsh.; 31-07-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 31-07-2015, 05:16 PM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
a straight couple is far more regular , frequent and natural. kids brought up by a gay couple need it explained to them where they came from otherwise they'll have massive crisis of identity. its high time we ASKED THE KIDS AND ASKED THE KIDS WHO WERE RAISED BY GAY COUPLES FOR THEIR OPINIONS INSTEAD OF HAVING THESE OPINIONS RAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS BY INTEREST GROUPS AND ACTIVISTS
Here we go with the 'gay parents aren't normal' argument, calm yourself Mitt Romney.

It might take a man and a woman to create a child, but it doesn't take a man and a woman to raise a child, as long as said child or children are loved, then who gives a **** who's raising them?

You're telling me that every single child adopted, or conceived to a gay couple, will have an identity crisis? that's possibly the most idiotic thing I've ever seen you spout on here and that takes some doing.

The normal contractual agreement of donating sperm is that the donaters get paid to do it, but they also sign away any right of privileges over any child their sperm might happen to conceive, your idea that a child can't be raised in a household ran by a same sex couple without growing up to have issues or some sort of complexity, is staggering to say the least.

I've known people who have been adopted and when they reached a certain age, their parents gave them all the information they needed to try and locate their biological parents if they wanted to, which is the fairest way to do it, with sperm donations it's completely different, unless the sperm is personally chosen from someone the couple know, then all donations are anonymous, so with the contract and the anonymity, it would be near impossible for any donater to be tracked down, so the 'every child deserves to know their real parents' argument only really works with adoption I'm afraid.

Pop into the 21st century sometime, it's really nice here.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
donor, lesbian, married, model, pregnant, sperm, wife