Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-07-2015, 05:26 PM #51
Banned

Banned

Oh Truth, you're so ridiculous that I can't get mad at you. I can only laugh. You're like Frankenstein's monster if it was created by the editor of the Daily Mail.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 05:27 PM #52

He tries so hard to be controversial I find it endearing tbh.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 06:45 PM #53
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):

A couple are having two children. Why is this news tbh lmao

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 06:47 PM #54
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
then adopt unwanted children this sperm donor stuff is pretty bizarre....buying sperm off a stranger ? when do they tell the baby, why not just adopt a baby unwanted or from a family or mother / father who cant cope with bringing up a baby, theres millions who need a home. don't get me wrong if everyone is happy then im happy. You cant help wondering what the child thinks of it all when he grows up
Why don't you go and adopt a bunch of children then? I mean, you're telling everyone else that they should be doing that instead of having children of their own, so why don't you take your own advice? Surely that would be beneficial to the 'unwanted children' (which really isn't a very nice term to use tbh).

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:16 AM #55
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Where have I not allowed kids to have both parents?

I'm not bitter in the slightest. I knew my father, he just had very little to no input in my life because I was better off without him.

It's called a counter argument to your insinuation that children with one parent are massively disadvantaged. Many are not, and many who come from two parent families end up disadvantaged.
His deliberately trying to get a reaction out of you Marsh.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:54 AM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
His deliberately trying to get a reaction out of you Marsh.
I have to stop rising to it.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:23 AM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Who said they did? I feel for the kid when they wonder who is my dad? I hope there's still the option open for the child to look for the guy should they ever want to.
So what, all kids wonder things like that. plenty of kids wonder things like "what would my life be like is my mom was angelina jolie, or what if my dad was brad pitt" children fantasize about a million different lives, we all do. even sometimes we see our friends parents, and wish our parents where more like our friends parents. but the fact is you get stuck with the parents you have, no matter if they are lesbians or not, or if your are adopted or not.

I remember one of the most hurtful things i ever said to my mom growing up was " why can't you be more like daniel's mom! she is always home and she even takes us out for ice-cream, but you're always working!" i could see it immediately how it hurt her when i said it, and i regretted it immediately.
but the point is all kids wonder things like that an wish they had different parents in their fantasies.

Last edited by lostalex; 02-08-2015 at 03:25 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:29 AM #58

Quote:
then adopt unwanted children this sperm donor stuff is pretty bizarre....buying sperm off a stranger ? when do they tell the baby, why not just adopt a baby unwanted or from a family or mother / father who cant cope with bringing up a baby, theres millions who need a home. don't get me wrong if everyone is happy then im happy. You cant help wondering what the child thinks of it all when he grows up
so what about all the kids born to unwed mothers from a one night stand or even a rape? what about all the kids who's father dies before the child is old enough to know them. that happens often to military families.

and what about all the kids who are born in a "1 man + 1 woman = happy family" relationship only it's not happy at all, their lives are filled with molestation and violence?
Old 02-08-2015, 03:31 AM #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Are Catholics not allowed free speech or to have a view? As Ammi says most posts are supportive and the non supportive ones are should equally be able to air their views without having to justify their faith
most catholics are not as closed minded as the stereotype, i think he was referring to the bigoted homophobic views held by the catholic church leadership, not most of the members.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:33 AM #60

Quote:
a straight couple is far more regular , frequent and natural. kids brought up by a gay couple need it explained to them where they came from otherwise they'll have massive crisis of identity. its high time we ASKED THE KIDS AND ASKED THE KIDS WHO WERE RAISED BY GAY COUPLES FOR THEIR OPINIONS INSTEAD OF HAVING THESE OPINIONS RAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS BY INTEREST GROUPS AND ACTIVISTS
using caps doesn't make it true, and everything you just wrote is complete bull****.

Last edited by lostalex; 02-08-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:46 AM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
so what about all the kids born to unwed mothers from a one night stand or even a rape? what about all the kids who's father dies before the child is old enough to know them. that happens often to military families.

and what about all the kids who are born in a "1 man + 1 woman = happy family" relationship only it's not happy at all, their lives are filled with molestation and violence?
I can already hear his response being furiously typed "It's the WOMAN'S FAULT "
Old 02-08-2015, 06:05 AM #62
User banned

User banned

Quote:

cant take a person seriously who celebrates men being killed by aids, shame on you
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:06 AM #63
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I can already hear his response being furiously typed "It's the WOMAN'S FAULT "
manhater
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:33 AM #64
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
So what, all kids wonder things like that. plenty of kids wonder things like "what would my life be like is my mom was angelina jolie, or what if my dad was brad pitt" children fantasize about a million different lives, we all do. even sometimes we see our friends parents, and wish our parents where more like our friends parents. but the fact is you get stuck with the parents you have, no matter if they are lesbians or not, or if your are adopted or not.

I remember one of the most hurtful things i ever said to my mom growing up was " why can't you be more like daniel's mom! she is always home and she even takes us out for ice-cream, but you're always working!" i could see it immediately how it hurt her when i said it, and i regretted it immediately.
but the point is all kids wonder things like that an wish they had different parents in their fantasies.
Wondering who your natural father is is not the same as wishing your mum was Angelina Jolie, or Daniels mum.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:22 AM #65

Quote:
Wondering who your natural father is is not the same as wishing your mum was Angelina Jolie, or Daniels mum.
how is it different? you have the parents you have. whether it's 2 happy heterosexuals or 2 happy homosexuals, or 1 happy single mother and a step family.

whether it;s a family with 1 mom and 1 child, or a family with 2 moms and 2 dads and 40 other family members that are always around.

every family is unique just like every person is unique.

there is no such thing as a perfect family.

no one of us gets the perfect mother or father, or school, or society, but we all do the best we can with what we have. and there's nothing wrong with that.

I know one thing for sure, kids are doing better than they ever have done. they have more protection and more opportunities than ever before in history.

and i know for sure that telling kids that there's something wrong with their family does NO GOOD for ANYONE.

so if you don't like someone else's family, keep it to yourself, because it's none of your business as long as no one is being hurt. and there is no evidence at all that any one is being hurt by having 2 moms, or 1 mom, or no moms.

Last edited by lostalex; 02-08-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:30 AM #66
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
how is it different? you have the parents you have. whether it's 2 happy heterosexuals or 2 happy homosexuals, or 1 happy single mother and a step family.

whether it;s a family with 1 mom and 1 child, or a family with 2 moms and 2 dads and 40 other family members that are always around.

every family is unique just like every person is unique.

there is no such thing as a perfect family.

no one of us gets the perfect mother or father, or school, or society, but we all do the best we can with what we have. and there's nothing wrong with that.
I'm not suggesting for a second they won't have a happy life and a loving family am I?...

I'm suggesting it's equally as natural to wonder about your biological parents if you'd never met them.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:53 AM #67

Quote:
I'm not suggesting for a second they won't have a happy life and a loving family am I?...

I'm suggesting it's equally as natural to wonder about your biological parents if you'd never met them.
i don't see what that has to do with this story. i know plenty of people who have 1 mom and 1 dad who wonder if maybe they were adopted and secretly their dad is david bowie. so ****ing what? what does it have to do with this story about 2 lesbians creating a family?

it has absolutely jack all to do with jack all. kids wonder, that's what kids do, but guess what, kids also have to accept the family that they have. period.

Last edited by lostalex; 02-08-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:57 AM #68

During my long experience with infertility and the IVF journey, I was offered sperm donation after failed attempts using my partners. As a woman desperate for a child, I was all for it but my partner was not as keen, his main argument against it was due to hi being worried that if the child got ill down the line and needed a donor or something, he would not be able to help the child as he hadn't biological link to it, not because it would not be "his". In the end my need for a baby and his hesitation split us up so I can understand any woman feeling the need to have their own child but I do understand some of the counter arguments having lived through it. We did look into adoption and started the process but it is so intrusive and feels a lot like you are scrutinised unfairly for not being able to conceive naturally. Good luck to these ladies though
Old 02-08-2015, 11:03 AM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
During my long experience with infertility and the IVF journey, I was offered sperm donation after failed attempts using my partners. As a woman desperate for a child, I was all for it but my partner was not as keen, his main argument against it was due to hi being worried that if the child got ill down the line and needed a donor or something, he would not be able to help the child as he hadn't biological link to it, not because it would not be "his". In the end my need for a baby and his hesitation split us up so I can understand any woman feeling the need to have their own child but I do understand some of the counter arguments having lived through it. We did look into adoption and started the process but it is so intrusive and feels a lot like you are scrutinised unfairly for not being able to conceive naturally. Good luck to these ladies though
i'm sorry you went through such a stressful event annie....

but i must ask, did you ever consider trying to get pregnant without him and just never telling a living soul, and do you think it would affect how much he loved the child at all? if he never knew it was;'t his but always believed the child was biologically his... assuming you didn't **** a black guy, do you really think he would have ever known or cared or loved the kid less just because it wasn't biologically his?

I watched a really interesting documentary called "Little White Lie" the other day...and the conclusion she came to, was that family has nothing to do with genetics.

"Little White Lie"

Last edited by lostalex; 02-08-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:11 AM #70

Quote:
i'm sorry you went through such a stressful event annie....

but i must ask, did you ever consider trying to get pregnant without him and just never telling a living soul, and do you think it would affect how much he loved the child at all? if he never knew it was;'t his but always believed the child was biologically his... assuming you didn't **** a black guy, do you really think he would have ever known or cared or loved the kid less just because it wasn't biologically his?

I watched a really interesting documentary called "Little White Lie" the other day...and the conclusion she came to, was that family has nothing to do with genetics.

"Little White Lie"

No I didnt consider that....but in hindsight I am sure he wouldn't have loved the child any more or less but I personally could not have lived that life or lie. He has 2 kids from a previous relationship and I have since had my own child so I think at the end of the day, we were incompatible which was terribly sad as he was my best friend.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:51 AM #71
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
i don't see what that has to do with this story. i know plenty of people who have 1 mom and 1 dad who wonder if maybe they were adopted and secretly their dad is david bowie. so ****ing what? what does it have to do with this story about 2 lesbians creating a family?

it has absolutely jack all to do with jack all. kids wonder, that's what kids do, but guess what, kids also have to accept the family that they have. period.
It's not from the perspective of the parents.. whoever they may be, it's from the standpoint of the child, it's not good enough to suggest they put up and shut up when they question their heredity.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:57 PM #72

Quote:
It's not from the perspective of the parents.. whoever they may be, it's from the standpoint of the child, it's not good enough to suggest they put up and shut up when they question their heredity.
well if you want to know a child's perspective, i was adopted. and my mom (adopted mom) died when i was 23. i found my biological family when i was 32. and i can say with absolute certainty that my mom was my real mom and my biological family, are just some people i found online.

you should stop judging others people's families. and since when do you get to decide how other people raise their kids?

or maybe you think just because they are gay parents only str8 people should get to decide how kids are raised. if that's why, then you are a bigot.

If you want to decide how other people raise their kids, there are plenty of straight parents ruining their children lives, so why don't you focus on them!

I haven't seen one single credible argument why these 2 women aren't just as capable as anyone else raising kids.

Last edited by lostalex; 02-08-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:02 PM #73

Quote:
actually it is good enough, because like i told you earlier, CHILDREN don't get to decide who their parents are. People don't get to pick their family. that is the case with all straight parents having kids. so why are you so worried about children of gay parents not getting to pick their parents?

you are making me angry now kizzy. i suggest you really read back your comments. feel free to apologize later.

Last edited by lostalex; 02-08-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:21 PM #74
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
well if you want to know a child's perspective, i was adopted. and my mom (adopted mom) died when i was 23. i found my biological family when i was 32. and i can say with absolute certainty that my mom was my real mom and my biological family, are just some people i found online.

you should stop judging others people's families. and since when do you get to decide how other people raise their kids?

or maybe you think just because they are gay parents only str8 people should get to decide how kids are raised. if that's why, then you are a bigot.

If you want to decide how other people raise their kids, there are plenty of straight parents ruining their children lives, so why don't you focus on them!

I haven't seen one single credible argument why these 2 women aren't just as capable as anyone else raising kids.
I haven't judged anyone, you're projecting onto me and I don't appreciate it.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:23 PM #75
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
actually it is good enough, because like i told you earlier, CHILDREN don't get to decide who their parents are. People don't get to pick their family. that is the case with all straight parents having kids. so why are you so worried about children of gay parents not getting to pick their parents?

you are making me angry now kizzy. i suggest you really read back your comments. feel free to apologize later.
Pick... Who mentioned anything about picking parents?
Not me.
I have nothing to aplogise for Alex, If you don't like my opinion on this then that's ok.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
donor, lesbian, married, model, pregnant, sperm, wife