Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 18-01-2007, 11:42 AM #1

Default Dirk Benedict in The A-Team

With all the fuss going on about the racism stuff at the mo..i thought i'd change the subject completely & ask if anyone actually remembers Dirk Benedict as Templeton Peck "Faceman" in The A-Team?
The first 4 full season DVD's of The A-Team are easily available nowerdays in the likes of HMV etc..
I was having a watch of some of the epsiodes recently & it just makes you realize how cool shows like that were back in the 80's.
Dirk Benedict was a class act as "Face" & i hope he wins!
manton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 11:48 AM #2

Oh I remember mate, I remember it fondly. Here is a post i had done earlier in a thread that dared to suggest Dirk was boring!! I'll just cut and paste.....

Maybe some of you people don't understand or something, but Dirk was in the A-Team, the A-TEAM GUYS!!! Just the greatest show ever to feature ex-military types on the run from the law.

He could do nothing more in the house and still demand your respect and admiration. This guy once held off a small army of bad guys with just a homemade cabbage launcher he put together with spare farming parts. Thats better than any of the rubbish MacGyver ever did, and making stuff was MacGyvers whole shtick!!

The A-Team could have taken on the Dukes of Hazard, Nightrider, Air Wolf, Manimal, He-Man, She-Ra, Thunder Cats, Captain Caveman and Scooby and his gang and still whipped their asses. Probably not with a cabbage launcher, but instead they would do something brilliant and innovative that I'm simply not good enough to think up. Thats why they were the A-Team!

Shilpa should consider herself lucky to have Dirk show interest in her. I'm surprised she's held out for so long cos when he was in the A-Team no woman could ever resist him, he was the Faceman!!

So there, he rules, he's a legend. Pay homage all of you, pay homage to the A-Team, pay homage to the Faceman, pay homage to the DIRK!!

A-TEAM!!!
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:05 PM #3

being in my teenage years when The A Team first apepared - I went off it after a few episodes

here we have these Mercenaries, Soldiers Of Fortune - real full-on serious "bad ass" Vietnam vets, taking on evil people and groups, all armed to the teeth who won't take sh*t ftom any do-gooders - and no-one ever got killed.

Cosmetic perfectly placed theatrical bandages covering wildly coloured
stage make-up bruising was about as serious as it got.

"I'd have got away with it if it wasn't for you damned pesky meddling mercenaries!

how I fondly remembered the first series of Starsky and Hutch, before the moral majority loons got their teeth into it and it practically became a daytime level drama, same for Miami Vice
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:05 PM #4
Banned

Banned

I was a massive fan when I was a little lad. My favourite TV programme along with Knightrider. Loved all of the A team, they were all way too cool for school.

Bought the video box sets a few years back. Theyre still enjoyable now.
The_Hitman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:07 PM #5

Loved the A-team and face was my favourite! he was worth a swoon or two in his days in the black van.

My hubby has some A-team DVD's as well, might scurry off and have a watch lol
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:21 PM #6

Oh, I think I'm too young to remember them in any detail... All i member is Mr T and the van! lol
ttw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:22 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit

here we have these Mercenaries, Soldiers Of Fortune - real full-on serious "bad ass" Vietnam vets, taking on evil people and groups, all armed to the teeth who won't take sh*t ftom any do-gooders - and no-one ever got killed.

Cosmetic perfectly placed theatrical bandages covering wildly coloured stage make-up bruising was about as serious as it got.
LOL, but that was part of the cheesy enjoyment of the A-Team. They always made sure to show the bad guys walking away when a car was blown up or overturned, or when an explosive went off next to them. Thats what made the A-Team the classic TV it was. It almost became like a running joke throughout the series, how many gun fights/explosions/car crashes could the A-Team get through without actually ever killing anyone.

Classic stuff Twas a simpler time
Old 18-01-2007, 12:27 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast

LOL, but that was part of the cheesy enjoyment of the A-Team. They always made sure to show the bad guys walking away when a car was blown up or overturned, or when an explosive went off next to them. Thats what made the A-Team the classic TV it was. It almost became like a running joke throughout the series, how many gun fights/explosions/car crashes could the A-Team get through without actually ever killing anyone.

Indeed it was - call me old fashioned, call me a traditionalist
but I like my bad guys to go down in a hail of gunfire or to end the show with the slamming of a cell door followed by a shot of the bad guy dropping the soap in the shower with a fade to black as retribution comes [pun intended]

spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:32 PM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by manton
With all the fuss going on about the racism stuff at the mo..i thought i'd change the subject completely & ask if anyone actually remembers Dirk Benedict as Templeton Peck "Faceman" in The A-Team?
The first 4 full season DVD's of The A-Team are easily available nowerdays in the likes of HMV etc..
I was having a watch of some of the epsiodes recently & it just makes you realize how cool shows like that were back in the 80's.
Dirk Benedict was a class act as "Face" & i hope he wins!
Yes, I remember it. In fact, I have been watching my A Team DVDs lately, and feeling nostalgic. Dirk still looks great too!

Do you remember that Dirk did not play Face in the pilot?! face was played by Tim Hunnigan, and Dirk came in after that, because Tim was thought to look too young to be a Vietnam vet.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:33 PM #10

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit

Cosmetic perfectly placed theatrical bandages covering wildly coloured stage make-up bruising was about as serious as it got.

Yeah, helicopters used to crash into cliff-faces and the people would still walk away.

Another thing that would always happen is they would be captured about half-way through the episode and be locked in a garage... with enough hardware and tools to build an amoured vehicle contraption thing to blast their way out!

It was one of my favourite shows when I was young but I'm afraid to watch it now in case I find out it was no good.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:34 PM #11

Am I to young to remember the A-Team?
Ella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:40 PM #12

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Yeah, helicopters used to crash into cliff-faces and the people would still walk away.

Another thing that would always happen is they would be captured about half-way through the episode and be locked in a garage... with enough hardware and tools to build an amoured vehicle contraption thing to blast their way out!

It was one of my favourite shows when I was young but I'm afraid to watch it now in case I find out it was no good. [/quote]

Treat yourself James and watch it. My other half and I had a great weekend watching the A Team, and reliving our childhoods! If you don't like it, I will take full responsibility!
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:41 PM #13

There were loads of good action packed A-Team episodes.
Some of my favourites were:

A Small & Deadly war (season 1) - "Hannibal plays cat & mouse with a renegade SWAT team committing murder for hire"

Deadly Maneuvers (season 2) - "Criminals foiled in the past by the A-Team hire a crew of mercenaries to pick off each A-Team member one by one"

Loads others like that..but they were 2 of my personal favs.
manton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 04:59 PM #14

The A-Team is on at 6:00 pm on UKTV Gold (7:00 pm on UKTV Gold +1).

I'm going to check it out again!

They played the Big Brother music during the advert.
Old 22-01-2007, 05:01 PM #15

Watching it now, cheers James

Greatest theme music ever?
Old 22-01-2007, 05:14 PM #16

Yeah by Mike Post. He did loads of great themes.

B.A. and Murdoch have been arrested and falsely accused of armed robbery!
Old 22-01-2007, 05:19 PM #17

"Does he look like a guy who would threaten people"
Old 22-01-2007, 05:20 PM #18

I rememember seeing him on the titles on the A Team but I cant remember watching him
texbex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 05:21 PM #19
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Oh I remember mate, I remember it fondly. Here is a post i had done earlier in a thread that dared to suggest Dirk was boring!! I'll just cut and paste.....

Maybe some of you people don't understand or something, but Dirk was in the A-Team, the A-TEAM GUYS!!! Just the greatest show ever to feature ex-military types on the run from the law.

He could do nothing more in the house and still demand your respect and admiration. This guy once held off a small army of bad guys with just a homemade cabbage launcher he put together with spare farming parts. Thats better than any of the rubbish MacGyver ever did, and making stuff was MacGyvers whole shtick!!

The A-Team could have taken on the Dukes of Hazard, Nightrider, Air Wolf, Manimal, He-Man, She-Ra, Thunder Cats, Captain Caveman and Scooby and his gang and still whipped their asses. Probably not with a cabbage launcher, but instead they would do something brilliant and innovative that I'm simply not good enough to think up. Thats why they were the A-Team!

Shilpa should consider herself lucky to have Dirk show interest in her. I'm surprised she's held out for so long cos when he was in the A-Team no woman could ever resist him, he was the Faceman!!

So there, he rules, he's a legend. Pay homage all of you, pay homage to the A-Team, pay homage to the Faceman, pay homage to the DIRK!!

A-TEAM!!!
I pity the fool who disrespects the Faceman!

Fcuk Slarti.. we are old!
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 05:25 PM #20
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Oh, and also.. I was never one for swooning over face. I actually liked Howlin Mad Murdock the best ... Kinda sums me up really..
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 05:47 PM #21

Nice idea there from B.A. and Murdoch to evade Decker by burying themselves in the ground.

Hannibal is in a spot of bother but B.A. and Murdoch are converting an ambulance into... something! Despite being handcuffed together.

Not much from the Face in this episode.
Old 22-01-2007, 05:58 PM #22

My Dad decided to phone me right in the middle of it, so I didn't even get to see the rest of it
Old 22-01-2007, 06:03 PM #23

The A-Team won.

It's on UKTV Gold +1 now.
Old 22-01-2007, 06:07 PM #24

LOL@ The A-Team won!
Old 22-01-2007, 06:26 PM #25

Quote:
Originally posted by Stropz
Quote:

A-TEAM!!!
I pity the fool who disrespects the Faceman!

Fcuk Slarti.. we are old!
Older is better babes, all these young'uns missed out on the glory days of the A-Team, Nightrider etc, etc.

And if Dirk thinks he could still play a 40 year old, then I'm sure I could still pull an 18 year old (a 18 year old who isn't fussy and has lost her glasses!)

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ateam, benedict, dirk