Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-09-2015, 05:19 PM #51
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiziganism

The personal attack was cute too babes
What's the link for? How does that have anything to do with my post? lol

If you find the truth "cute" then good for you Josh.
Dollface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 05:20 PM #52
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Right. Now IF you have any intelligence and honesty at all Josh - Give me a STRAIGHT answer to this:

WHERE IN MY POST DO YOU JUSTIFY WRITING THE DISHONEST CRAP ABOVE?:

"Sorry - But these 'people' are sterotyping themselves. I see nothing of the prototype in thieving, scrounging, threatening, and being lawless.

Yes - the majority of Roma Gypsies may well be upright, law abiding industrious people, but the ones in the OP are patently not.

Oh - unless - as I said earlier - the one's boasting and the others are actors being paid by some sinister Right Wing faction to portray Roma's in a bad light"

A cretin can see that you are misrepresenting what my post says. In the section which I have emboldened, I actually ALLOW the fact that these scumbag parasites in the video footage and article in the OP are NOT typical of the majority of Roma Gypsy people - so why are you misrepresenting what I have said?
Your post on xenophobic scaremongering was very good actually I thought, and if you feel misrepresented in your views then I apologise because that was not my intention. But when you used the facepalm emote in response to my post on Roma people not being pests, I took that to be playing into the same xenophobic rhetoric that you claimed not to be a part of.

Your opinion has been a little shaky throughout this thread tbh, I'm not completely sure where you stand on this.. but perhaps my words were directed towards the wrong person here if you truly stand against antiziganism. If that is true then I apologise.

But to all those who deliberately played into the racist rhetoric against roma people and allowed for this thread to get so heated only to perpetuate your own hatred.. shame on you.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 05:21 PM #53
You know my methods

You know my methods

But its good that JoshBB is in here putting the other side of the argument up. I have respect for that and us old ones can always learn a lot from youth

(not that any of the women on here are old )
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 05:22 PM #54
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
But its good that JoshBB is in here putting the other side of the argument up. I have respect for that and us old ones can always learn a lot from youth

Thank you for not getting involved with the personal attacks here LT, I respect you for that

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Old 29-09-2015, 05:25 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollface View Post
That's not what i've seen (admittedly i don't venture to this subform often though). But it is brave when you have people throwing around the terms racist and xenophobic all the time, because people misuse those words (which are serious words) so much.
This is exactly what is happening in the UK Dollface - the silent majority KNOW the truth but dare not speak it because of exactly the reasons which you have given as why you (and a lot of other members) do not come onto Serious Debates -- Being falsely accused of Racism, Xenophobia or some other 'ism' or 'phobia.

And it is a great shame.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 05:25 PM #56
Witch

Favourites (more):
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

I respect Josh for having an opinion and sharing it even when many others don't agree with him. I also respect his passion for multiculturalism. He is fighting the good fight, I just don't agree with the ways in which he does it, he acts as if every little thing is racist and that is not good for anyone.
Old 29-09-2015, 05:30 PM #57
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is exactly what is happening in the UK Dollface - the silent majority KNOW the truth but dare not speak it because of exactly the reasons which you have given as why you (and a lot of other members) do not come onto Serious Debates -- Being falsely accused of Racism, Xenophobia or some other 'ism' or 'phobia.

And it is a great shame.
I may only be 15.. but if I've learned anything it's that the only way hatred is accepted and spread is when it's referred to as 'truth'. Not to breach Godwin's Law or anything.. but it's exactly how Hitler did it. (of course the racism is nowhere near as extreme as his, but still)

Quote:
I respect Josh for having an opinion and sharing it even when many others don't agree with him. I also respect his passion for multiculturalism. He is fighting the good fight, I just don't agree with the ways in which he does it, he acts as if every little thing is racist and that is not good for anyone.
I honestly fail to see how prejudice and stereotyping of an ethnic group isn't racist, and my intention is not to label people and shame them but to hopefully change attitudes. I hate racism and have seen friends face it, with one of my closest friends having to move from his street and consequently school because his neighbours were constantly racist to his parents (they're asian). I've also seen teachers visibly upset because they've been called a terrorist literally only for wearing a hijab when they're literally the happiest and one of the most kind and caring teachers in my whole school.

Favourite housemates
Spoiler:

Old 29-09-2015, 05:33 PM #58

people from other countries in europe will tell you the truth in what roma gypsies, are really like, the left wing are giving these people the right to steal, beat people, and harass old people on the street, my dad and brother chased a few of them for trying to get money out an old lady's bag, and the police do nothing, some of the sex trafficking is caused by roma gangs, the greeks and italians call them rats, they dress rough because thats how they get there money when fake begging on the streets,
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 05:35 PM #59
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
This worries me. Livia do you actually believe this??

Are we seriously comparing the roma people to murderous dictators?
Quote:
I'm really surprised how people on this thread are openly stereotyping roma people as well.. and I refer to them as that, as gypsy is widely used as a racial slur and I will not partake in that.
Yes, Josh. I do believe it. And what's more my beliefs are based on something. I've experienced the little gangs of pickpockets on the Tube, I've seen them begging and setting up camp in London. They are mostly criminals. Now, please don't get these people mixed up with Romany gipsies. I have a Romany camp not too far from where I live. There was a big fight against their planning permission around here I will admit, although I wasn't involved, but they are the nicest people, have the neatest grounds and restore the old horse-drawn caravans. They are interesting the friendly. Sadly they get tarred with the same brush as the Romanian gypsies who have really shown the Transport Police and the Met what a bloody nuisance they are. And more sadly, if anyone mentions what a nightmare they are they're branded racist. If there's stereotyping going on it's because they are stereotypical.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 05:42 PM #60
Witch

Favourites (more):
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I honestly fail to see how prejudice and stereotyping of an ethnic group isn't racist, and my intention is not to label people and shame them but to hopefully change attitudes. I hate racism and have seen friends face it, with one of my closest friends having to move from his street and consequently school because his neighbours were constantly racist to his parents (they're asian). I've also seen teachers visibly upset because they've been called a terrorist literally only for wearing a hijab when they're literally the happiest and one of the most kind and caring teachers in my whole school.
All I ever see from you is labeling and attempting to shame people. Being labelled a racist is incredibly insulting and insinuating someone is a racist is quite serious. If you did this sort of thing in the real world you could end up getting yourself in trouble (for example, if you labelled someone a racist at work, he/she could take you to court for it)

The way your friend and teachers were treated is disgusting, but those people (the ones who verbally abused them) are the type of people you should be saying this sort of stuff to. My year at school only had 1 Indian girl, 1 Muslim girl and 1 Black girl and I was friends with and loved them all (especially the indian girl, she was hilarious) and if anyone treated them the way your friend was treated I would have been so angry so I can get where your anger comes from, but it seems misplaced.

Last edited by Dollface; 29-09-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 29-09-2015, 05:44 PM #61

Quote:
It's relevant because you're claiming not to be racist yet showing support for people showing clearly racist attitudes towards Romanis.

I thought you would find the link educational
Here we go again Josh. Why are you accusing Dollface of supporting " people showing clearly raciist attitudes towards Romanis."?

The only supportive words Dollface wrote was admiring myself, Livia and Chaos for speaking our minds despite the risk of being called zenophobic or racist - Which, by the way is EXACTLY what has happened.
Old 29-09-2015, 05:49 PM #62
Witch

Favourites (more):
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Here we go again Josh. Why are you accusing Dollface of supporting " people showing clearly raciist attitudes towards Romanis."?

The only supportive words Dollface wrote was admiring myself, Livia and Chaos for speaking our minds despite the risk of being called zenophobic or racist - Which, by the way is EXACTLY what has happened.
Thanks, I thought this myself but honestly I find it exhausting defending myself.
Old 29-09-2015, 05:49 PM #63
-

-

Hmmmm I'm too tired to think about my opinion on Roma clans right now but I just have to add to this thread;

Us SD&N regulars aren't "brave", we've just all been in these trenches so long that we've become sort of bulletproof . Even little Josh

And I'd add that both "sides" of any thread get slammed pretty hard around here, it's definitely not one sided, I find myself on the loony left quite a lot but have certainly been in agreement with the "other lot" on enough occasions to know that there's very little difference when it comes to how "brave" you have to be to make your point. SOMEONE'S going to be butthurt by it, and they're darn well going to make sure you know about it by golly by gum!

Wait, what's this thread about again? Oh yeah, gypsies. Ummm. It irritates me when they try to sell me **** flowers and then get abusive when I politely tell them to piss off. That's about as much as I can manage on the topic. Really effing tired.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 05:51 PM #64
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
All I ever see from you is labeling and attempting to shame people. Being labelled a racist is incredibly insulting and insinuating someone is a racist is quite serious. If you did this sort of thing in the real world you could end up getting yourself in trouble (for example, if you labelled someone a racist at work, he/she could take you to court for it)

The way your friend and teachers were treated is disgusting, but those people (the ones who verbally abused them) are the type of people you should be saying this sort of stuff to. My year at school only had 1 Indian girl, 1 Muslim girl and 1 Black girl and I was friends with and loved them all (especially the indian girl, she was hilarious) and if anyone treated them the way your friend was treated I would have been so angry so I can get where your anger comes from, but it seems misplaced.
Last thing I would want is for people to feel ashamed of themselves, that's everything I stand against and is the basis for which I usually label racist comments as prejudiced. Anything I've said was because the posts on here striked me as particularly racist against the Romani ethnic group and I was actually quite upset reading some of the things on here. I don't know any romani people personally but they are human beings just like me and you, and nobody deserves to be labelled and shamed as a criminal just because of their ethnicity.

I can relate to your story by the way. Seems that most of my friends are minorities too and they're all lovely people

Favourite housemates
Spoiler:

Old 29-09-2015, 05:58 PM #65

Quote:
Last thing I would want is for people to feel ashamed of themselves, that's everything I stand against and is the basis for which I usually label racist comments as prejudiced. Anything I've said was because the posts on here striked me as particularly racist against the Romani ethnic group and I was actually quite upset reading some of the things on here. I don't know any romani people personally but they are human beings just like me and you, and nobody deserves to be labelled and shamed as a criminal just because of their ethnicity.

I can relate to your story by the way. Seems that most of my friends are minorities too and they're all lovely people
And THERE we have it Josh. You have NO direct experience of the type of people in the OP, yet you not only deny the evidence presented on tape and in the written word, but you also deny the first hand testimony of those who HAVE direct experience.

You cannot be taken serious. In a court trial you would be laughed out of court opposing such evidence with 'a feeling, a thought, a fancy'.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 29-09-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 29-09-2015, 05:59 PM #66
Witch

Favourites (more):
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I'm a bit confused as to what a Romani person is, in all honesty. I always thought Romani = Gypsy = Someone who lives in a caravan ? But from the looks of things they're an ethnic group, so i'm pretty confused.

Isn't Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre dame a Romani gypsy?

Like I said, I like and respect what you stand for, I just think your goal of changing peoples attitutes would be much more likely to succeed if you were to talk how you're talking right now, rather than using the words racist/xenophobe.
Old 29-09-2015, 06:01 PM #67
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And THERE we have it Josh. You have NO direct experience of the type of people in the OP, yet you not only deny the evidence presented on tape and in the written word, but you also deny the first hand testimony of those who HAVE direct experience.

You cannot be taken serious. In a court trial you would be laughed out of court opposing such evidence with 'a feeling, a thought, a fancy'.
How many Romani friends do you have Kirk?

Quote:
I'm a bit confused as to what a Romani person is, in all honesty. I always thought Romani = Gypsy = Someone who lives in a caravan ? But from the looks of things they're an ethnic group, so i'm pretty confused.

Isn't Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre dame a Romani gypsy?

Like I said, I like and respect what you stand for, I just think your goal of changing peoples attitutes would be much more likely to succeed if you were to talk how you're talking right now, rather than using the words racist/xenophobe.
A romani person is a person of the Romani ethnicity (for lack of better wording). & I would have no idea with the second thing because I've never seen that movie

I normally do speak to people like this but threads on here tend to get heated and I get caught up in it like others do.

Favourite housemates
Spoiler:

Old 29-09-2015, 06:09 PM #68
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate your respect. It's mutual.

But in regards to your xism comment, honestly I call em like I see em. I usually much prefer to regard peoples' comments as racist (for example) rather than the person themselves, because right now I think there's a really unfortunate trend of nice people being turned nasty almost because of xenophobic narrative. It's very rare that I do label people racist unless they show little sign of attempting to eradicate the hatred from within (that sounded really hippy-like, wow).

The Azealia Banks thread thing.. I mean, she really does appear to me like an awful homophobic person and I believe I have posted that somewhere else now you mention it. But I think that every person with prejudice that actively discriminates needs help.. for the sake of the people they are oppressing mostly.
I just genuinely think that 99% of the people on here arent racist and that it's silly to assume that someone is. I appreciate that you stick up for 'minorities' and what have you, but I think that there's times where you stick up for people, with a biased opinion and don't see the bad in them. Which I suppose isn't a bad thing. I just think that (in as nice a way as possible) the world is a lot different to how you see it. Schools are incredibly biased these days in the way that they teach. Once you start getting more freedom from school, once you go out and meet new people in ways other than school, you'll start to see the world differently. I'm sure you'll always be passionate about sticking up for minorities, and I will too. But I don't defend them when they are in the wrong, just because they have had a tough life.

I think that you've got a bright future ahead of you. And I totally respect you for that. But I think that you also have a lot to learn. The world isn't just black and white and minorities aren't always just poor little victims. I just think that words like 'racist' and 'sexist' and 'xenophobic' are thrown around waaaay waaay too much these days.
Old 29-09-2015, 06:09 PM #69
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Can you all try to discuss the topic and not eachother please

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 06:11 PM #70
Witch

Favourites (more):
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:

A romani person is a person of the Romani ethnicity (for lack of better wording). & I would have no idea with the second thing because I've never seen that movie

I normally do speak to people like this but threads on here tend to get heated and I get caught up in it like others do.
I just googled it and yes she is

I'm bringing Disney into Serious Debates & News
Old 29-09-2015, 06:15 PM #71

Quote:

None Josh, but I HAVE direct experience of the type of scumbags in the OP. They infect certain areas of Doncaster where I own property and everything in the OP is true of these lawless arrogant bastards. I have had several run-ins with them, though my own properties have not been bothered by them, but a Landlord who owns a house on the same street has. He had garden ornaments and a bike stolen from his backyard and then surprised three men who were in the process of stealing a huge concrete ornamental planter. They attacked him and beat him up, and STILL took the planter.

Just for the record - I am NOT saying this is typical behaviour of the majority of Roma's, just those scumbags in the OP -- which is ALL this particular thread is about.
Old 29-09-2015, 06:16 PM #72
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I'm all for it

Favourite housemates
Spoiler:

Old 29-09-2015, 06:17 PM #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Fair request Niamh and I apologise for my transgressions. I'm out of here anyway.
Old 29-09-2015, 06:18 PM #74
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:

She was like my first ever love omg. I remember always watching the film just because of her
Old 29-09-2015, 06:26 PM #75
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Party-pooper, where's the fun in that?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
growing, gypsies, roma, uk