Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-09-2015, 10:58 PM #101
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
There is no 'Hate Speech' of Romas per se, just the truth about about a certain group of unlawful people who just happen to be 'Roma'.
Ummmm come on, reread the first page of this thread. That's really not what's going on is it? There's a LOT of stereotyping.

The message isn't "There's a growing criminal group of Romani people"... it is very much "There is a growing Romani population, and that is bad because Romani people are criminals."

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 29-09-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 12:49 AM #102
Like a boss.

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Megan McKenna
CBB16: Farrah Abraham
Like a boss.

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Megan McKenna
CBB16: Farrah Abraham

People tend to shoot the messenger and ignore the message.

Roma Gypsies are living rough in London and they are ransacking peoples belongings and using knives to rip open garbage bags and litter London.

Taxpayers are paying for this mess.
Old 30-09-2015, 12:52 AM #103

under new labour, they gave more rights to thugs and robbers who beat people, and if they got back in, they would pass another daft law, that would give roma gypsies the right to do what they want, and you can't stop them from stealing your things, because the police will turn the tables on you, they won't suffer from the welfare cap because they are under a special status law, so that's equality for you, one get's but the other doesn't, the left wing in this country are so crooked, and delusional, that they are as bad as the greedy rich, but with a twist,
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 05:13 AM #104
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...just to balance it up a bit, this vid shows travellers, including Romas, working very hard and getting through Uni and contributing a lot to their communities ..and despite any disadvantages../education wise they have had from early school years...

..it's like anything and everything in life, I think..'good and bad..'..and good and bad in every community...

..I don't really have much personal experience of Roma's in particular as I don't know of any who live or have lived locally...I have spoken to some when I've been in other countries though and I've always found that whether you buy the things they sell or try to sell or don't buy them, they're very nice, respectful and interesting people..and that's really all my personal experience, that I've had a few good conversations...

..with travellers in general though, we do have traveller's communities locally and always have had and many travelling children and families at the school..we have had a few not so great ones but really only a few..the majority are very hardworking, working 7 days a week in many cases and all working together as a family when the children aren't in school...they have their customs and traditions etc and although I don't always agree with all, I do understand them and their reasonings...

..sadly the media so often just wants to portray 'the Big Fat Gypsy Wedding..'...and give no balance to that..but no traveller that I have met personally has ever fitted that stereotype....

...anyways as Matt said, an old story and the main thing that I read from it is..'we have to tighten up and cut benefits..'...yeah right, so is that the stories agenda then....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 09:52 AM #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...just to balance it up a bit, this vid shows travellers, including Romas, working very hard and getting through Uni and contributing a lot to their communities ..and despite any disadvantages../education wise they have had from early school years...

..it's like anything and everything in life, I think..'good and bad..'..and good and bad in every community...

..I don't really have much personal experience of Roma's in particular as I don't know of any who live or have lived locally...I have spoken to some when I've been in other countries though and I've always found that whether you buy the things they sell or try to sell or don't buy them, they're very nice, respectful and interesting people..and that's really all my personal experience, that I've had a few good conversations...

..with travellers in general though, we do have traveller's communities locally and always have had and many travelling children and families at the school..we have had a few not so great ones but really only a few..the majority are very hardworking, working 7 days a week in many cases and all working together as a family when the children aren't in school...they have their customs and traditions etc and although I don't always agree with all, I do understand them and their reasonings...

..sadly the media so often just wants to portray 'the Big Fat Gypsy Wedding..'...and give no balance to that..but no traveller that I have met personally has ever fitted that stereotype....

...anyways as Matt said, an old story and the main thing that I read from it is..'we have to tighten up and cut benefits..'...yeah right, so is that the stories agenda then....
Thanks Ammi
Old 30-09-2015, 09:58 AM #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB4fan View Post
People tend to shoot the messenger and ignore the message.

Roma Gypsies are living rough in London and they are ransacking peoples belongings and using knives to rip open garbage bags and litter London.

Taxpayers are paying for this mess.
And your second post said, "And London is filled with illegal migrants like this."

So are you talking about Romani's or are you talking about illegal migrants? Do you include legal Romani's in your post? The English Romani's? or just the ones who came in recently and don't have any authority to be here?
Old 30-09-2015, 10:16 AM #107

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Yep.Anyone who's ever been to Greece,Italy,Spain or many other EU countries will tell you.The tour guides warn you about the Roma gypsies.They try pick pocketing and scamming you.They send their kids in to do it.Now they're coming here in their masses.Call it racist,xenophobic or whatever but you need to watch your pockets while you are in their vicinity.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 30-09-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 10:48 AM #108
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Yep.Anyone who's ever been to Greece,Italy,Spain or many other EU countries will tell you.The tour guides warn you about the Roma gypsies.They try pick pocketing and scamming you.They send their kids in to do it.Now they're coming here in their masses.Call it racist,xenophobic or whatever but you need to watch your pockets while you are in their vicinity.
Quite right NM. There's a lot of stereotyping on this thread and it's mostly by people stereotyping those who've had contact with Romas by those who haven't. Get your wallet or your phone nicked by one of them and the tune will change, no doubt. It's okay for other countries to warn you about a group of people hell bent on ripping you off... but try it here and you're a racist.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 11:42 AM #109
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
There's a lot of stereotyping on this thread and it's mostly by people stereotyping those who've had contact with Romas by those who haven't.
Livia stop stereotyping people for stereotyping people who are being accused of stereotyping gypsies.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 12:03 PM #110
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Livia stop stereotyping people for stereotyping people who are being accused of stereotyping gypsies.
yeah and they would probably rob your stereo and your typewriter too

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 12:03 PM #111
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I can't help it...
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
growing, gypsies, roma, uk