Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:36 PM #51
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Joel was AWFUL
Old 08-10-2015, 05:40 PM #52
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

A posh guy slut droppin' HILARIOUS
Old 09-10-2015, 08:04 AM #53

Favourites (more):
BB9: Kathreya
BB8: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
BB9: Kathreya
BB8: Chanelle

It didn't happen, okay, this series is a myth.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 PM #54

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Jenna Jameson
BB16: Eileen

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Jenna Jameson
BB16: Eileen

Preferred it to BB12 and 15, the only highlights I can remember from the first two weeks were the twins moaning about eggs and the first shopping task which was brilliant! The series got BETTER immediately after 4in4out. There was ENDLESS twists etc but I loved the time warp and the hotel task. My favourites were Marc and Jade.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:58 PM #55

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Harrowing

Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:26 PM #56
mrmattybeck1

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Dappy
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton
mrmattybeck1

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Dappy
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

mrmattybeck1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:26 PM #57

Favourites (more):
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden
BB14: Hazel

Favourites (more):
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden
BB14: Hazel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_ View Post
BB13 literally had nothing, no secret room, only one nominations twist.

CBB11 and BB14 started it which is why it annoys me when people say BB4 felt like a C4 series. It really didn't.
Wasn't bb14 bascially channel 5's take on bb7? It really was like bb6/7 in terms of meddling.

You had Gina as Nikki. You had the secret room that helped two goddesses get to third place.
Old 26-01-2016, 12:09 AM #58
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

The first two weeks, for me, it had the potential to be one of the best series of Big Brother ever. There was a fantastic and refreshing dynamic among the housemates, it was funny, entertaining and had drama without being overly dark/negative.

Aaron's ejection was a joke and 4in4out was the biggest production mistake/worst twist in Big Brother history in my opinion. It completely killed the vibe. The 4 they evicted were all extremely likable and entertaining. I still don't ****ing get what the point was. Eileen & Jade were the only remaining hope for the series and then they were sent right out the door next. Utterly disastrous and so messy. It wasn't as bad as BB12 though, i'll give it that.

Had the 4in4out never happened and they just added Harry & Marc around Week 4, it would have been an amazing series, guaranteed.
Old 26-01-2016, 12:18 AM #59
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

so should Aaron not have been ejected for rubbing his penis on someone
Old 27-01-2016, 05:39 PM #60

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
The first two weeks, for me, it had the potential to be one of the best series of Big Brother ever. There was a fantastic and refreshing dynamic among the housemates, it was funny, entertaining and had drama without being overly dark/negative.

Aaron's ejection was a joke and 4in4out was the biggest production mistake/worst twist in Big Brother history in my opinion. It completely killed the vibe. The 4 they evicted were all extremely likable and entertaining. I still don't ****ing get what the point was. Eileen & Jade were the only remaining hope for the series and then they were sent right out the door next. Utterly disastrous and so messy. It wasn't as bad as BB12 though, i'll give it that.

Had the 4in4out never happened and they just added Harry & Marc around Week 4, it would have been an amazing series, guaranteed.
Yeah flipping noms and evicting 4 literally added zilch. Surely a series which is so heavily manipulated and messy as BB16 automatically comes last? That's my rationale. No matter how entertaining the characters/tasks were, if production **** it up it goes to the bottom
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 05:54 PM #61
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan

I wrote a bit about Timebomb in my blog:

Quote:
A breath of fresh air was certainly needed after such a whirlwind of a series. Alas, May rolled around with the announcement of Big Brother: Timebomb – an interesting idea for a theme to say the least, made more interesting by the fact that it was launching a month earlier than usual. A glossy advert and a steampunk-inspired eye had my hyped up for this launch. But it was a bit flat to be honest. One by one the housemates went in, until the obligatory launch night twist was announced. After being teased as a “Big Brother first”, SHOWBIZZZZZ Simon ended up being evicted after only being in the house for around half an hour. A predictable yet sad twist of fate. Yet, it was alright as the series got off to a good start. The first two weeks were a breather from the drama-heavy Power Trip series from last year. A lack of twists, manufactured conflict and some fun tasks were very enjoyable to watch. Unfortunately, viewing figures did not agree, with the series rating much lower than the year before.

Then it happened. What can only be described as one of the worst nights of Big Brother history, the #4In4Out fiasco was a desperate attempt to claw back viewers. Originally, the housemates nominated normally in the Diary Room as usual. However, it actually turned out that Jack McDermott (who had topped a popularity poll the week before and turned down the chance to walk away from the show in exchange for a car) was to be told that those who were nominated were actually immune, and that those who weren’t nominated were up for eviction. It was then announced to viewers that 4 housemates would be evicted, and 4 housemates would be going in. Everyone’s first reaction: “why?” It made no sense to do this after the great atmosphere in the house, yet the producer’s mentality was exposed in one simple quote from Emma Willis on the night “You were all being nice so we had to do something”. The night itself was an utter shambles. All I’ll say is that I hope the Timebomb Machine burns in hell.

#4In4Out sort of set the precedent for one of the most shambolic series of civilian Big Brother I’ve ever seen. Constant nominations twists, more outside contact, manufactured conflict and the return of Helen *******ing Wood do not make for a good series in my book. Yes, it had some fun moments, but all of that was overshadowed by the constant nastiness brought in by producers. Thankfully, the controller of Channel 5 Ben Frow has now banned Helen Wood from any of its programmes but for me it’s a case of too little too late. It was also the first series in the UK franchise to feature no regular set of nominations – an absolute shambles. Anyway, Chloe Wilburn won the near Ł116,000 jackpot (the largest cash pot in the show’s history, but down from the original Ł150,000), but unfortunately the damage to the series was already done – it was the lowest rating in the show’s history. I can only hope that the producers have learnt from the many, many mistakes made in this series so that they never repeat themselves again.

TL;DR – I didn’t like Timebomb that much.
I also wrote about 2015's other two series if you'd like to give the whole post a read: https://zakman440.wordpress.com/2015...g-review-2015/

Spoiler:

Last edited by zakman440; 27-01-2016 at 05:54 PM.
zakman440 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 06:36 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakman440 View Post
I wrote a bit about Timebomb in my blog:

I also wrote about 2015's other two series if you'd like to give the whole post a read: https://zakman440.wordpress.com/2015...g-review-2015/
You've summed it up quite nicely, and I share lots of your opinions. I too was hyped up for launch, but it wasn't the launch itself that was the disappointment, it was the following 2 weeks. Now, my memory is somewhat hazy, but I remember it being really boring. Like more boring than any other BB series I've seen.

And the amount of twists was just ridiculous. We needed more bloody nominations! It made BB15 look amazing in comparison.

I really hope they stick to the rules more this summer, but in terms of nominations, this series of CBB has been almost as bad as BB16 in my book, so I;m not holding out for much.

Also, something that occurred to me was that all of the interesting originals, who were a pretty dull group to start with were evicted in the first 6 weeks, and then the four newbies were culled, leaving us with the worst of the original bad bunch as our final six. I still think that the six HMs who made it to the final last year were amongst the worst of last year's lot.
Old 27-01-2016, 06:38 PM #63
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

That 4in4out write out is so truthful
Old 27-01-2016, 06:46 PM #64
Legends Only

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
Apprentice 2018: Sabrina
Legends Only

Favourites (more):

The first two weeks of BB16 weren't boring at all, they were two of C5's best ever BB weeks imo

All of the girls were amazing and the males were at least tolerable at that point (Apart from Danny, Jack and Cristian). Even the tasks were pretty good, and Face-to-Face nominations never bothered me because at least they actually did nominations in some form.

The shopping task in the dark room has to be one of C5's best as well

Last edited by Oaker; 27-01-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Oaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 06:52 PM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaker View Post
The first two weeks of BB16 weren't boring at all, they were two of C5's best ever BB weeks imo

All of the girls were amazing and the males were at least tolerable at that point (Apart from Danny, Jack and Cristian). Even the tasks were pretty good, and Face-to-Face nominations never bothered me because at least they actually did nominations in some form.

The shopping task in the dark room has to be one of C5's best as well
Sarah was ****.

There were too many conflict-breeding tasks.

But there only were four sets of nominations, that's the point. And they changed the rules in the fourth set to get Jack up.

Also I forgot Sam's eviction
Old 27-01-2016, 06:56 PM #66
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
You've summed it up quite nicely, and I share lots of your opinions. I too was hyped up for launch, but it wasn't the launch itself that was the disappointment, it was the following 2 weeks. Now, my memory is somewhat hazy, but I remember it being really boring. Like more boring than any other BB series I've seen.

And the amount of twists was just ridiculous. We needed more bloody nominations! It made BB15 look amazing in comparison.

I really hope they stick to the rules more this summer, but in terms of nominations, this series of CBB has been almost as bad as BB16 in my book, so I;m not holding out for much.

Also, something that occurred to me was that all of the interesting originals, who were a pretty dull group to start with were evicted in the first 6 weeks, and then the four newbies were culled, leaving us with the worst of the original bad bunch as our final six. I still think that the six HMs who made it to the final last year were amongst the worst of last year's lot.
I don't really get the BIB tbh. I found the first two weeks of BB16 brilliant and such a refreshing start to a series given it followed BB15 and CBB15 - two series where screaming matches, constant drama and negativity, and mass producer meddling was rife. The first two weeks of BB16 were the complete opposite, there was a good mixture of fun, tasks, and normal conversation with everyone getting a fair edit and not being overshadowed by two people constantly screaming at each other, and there was a bit of drama, but not too much that it became draining or dark.

I don't get it when people slate the first two weeks of BB16 for being boring because nothing happened (usually equating to there not enough drama lbr), but then also dislike a series like BB15 - which was rife with the sort of thing they say the first two weeks of BB16 lacked.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 07:04 PM #67
Legends Only

Favourites (more):
Legends Only

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Sarah was ****.

There were too many conflict-breeding tasks.

But there only were four sets of nominations, that's the point. And they changed the rules in the fourth set to get Jack up.

Also I forgot Sam's eviction
Sarah probably was the weakest female, but she was still better than like half of BB15's female cast so that's saying something about how much the casting improved.

How did they change the rules to get Jack up? I don't actually remember tbh, but yeah, there were too many awful nominations twists.

Sam's eviction sucked but then again that was when BB16 was awful anyway so it didn't matter.
Old 27-01-2016, 07:05 PM #68
Legends Only

Favourites (more):
Legends Only

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason. View Post
I don't really get the BIB tbh. I found the first two weeks of BB16 brilliant and such a refreshing start to a series given it followed BB15 and CBB15 - two series where screaming matches, constant drama and negativity, and mass producer meddling was rife. The first two weeks of BB16 were the complete opposite, there was a good mixture of fun, tasks, and normal conversation with everyone getting a fair edit and not being overshadowed by two people constantly screaming at each other, and there was a bit of drama, but not too much that it became draining or dark.

I don't get it when people slate the first two weeks of BB16 for being boring because nothing happened (usually equating to there not enough drama lbr), but then also dislike a series like BB15 - which was rife with the sort of thing they say the first two weeks of BB16 lacked.
Old 27-01-2016, 07:07 PM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think the quickest way for me to answer this is that I liked the drama that BB15 served. That's the kind of BB I'm into
Old 27-01-2016, 07:07 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think the quickest way for me to answer this is that I liked the drama that BB15 served. That's the kind of BB I'm into
Old 27-01-2016, 07:15 PM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaker View Post
Sarah probably was the weakest female, but she was still better than like half of BB15's female cast so that's saying something about how much the casting improved.

How did they change the rules to get Jack up? I don't actually remember tbh, but yeah, there were too many awful nominations twists.

Sam's eviction sucked but then again that was when BB16 was awful anyway so it didn't matter.
I disagree that Sarah was better than half of the BB15 females. Sarah failed to deliver on her VT, was a total bitch to Joel and tried to set up a showmance with that horrid creature.

Well I mean they changed the rules every noms I guess. What would have made the other noms twists bearable (bar 4in4out obvs) would be if they had a consistent rule when they actually did nominations.

Sam's eviction was an abomination - definitely one of the worst twists ever.
Old 27-01-2016, 07:25 PM #72
-

-

Quote:
Oh that makes more sense then. I just assumed you hated BB15 (cause well everybody does) and I know a few people who go on about how BB15 was crap but then also say the first 2 weeks of BB16 was crap, and it just seems contradictory. But if you're a fan of constant arguments and drama, then I can understand why BB16 (the first few weeks) would be seen as dull.

For me, I love drama as much as everybody else, but it needs to be natural and the characters have to be good for it to be successful. It's one of the reasons I love BB6 and BB13 - both quite nasty and volatile series which were filled with drama but it worked because they had a good and entertaining cast which came together well, with BB15 the cast were just insipid and lacked the charisma BB13's cast had for instance.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 07:39 PM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh that makes more sense then. I just assumed you hated BB15 (cause well everybody does) and I know a few people who go on about how BB15 was crap but then also say the first 2 weeks of BB16 was crap, and it just seems contradictory. But if you're a fan of constant haarguments and drama, then I can understand why BB16 (the first few weeks) would be seen as dull.

For me, I love drama as much as everybody else, but it needs to be natural and the characters have to be good for it to be successful. It's one of the reasons I love BB6 and BB13 - both quite nasty and volatile series which were filled with drama but it worked because they had a good and entertaining cast which came together well, with BB15 the cast were just insipid and lacked the charisma BB13's cast had for instance.
Yeah I see what you're saying. I don't think BB15 was a good series but it was superior to BB16. But I do love drama and a hostile dynamic - for example, CBB13 seems quite pedestrian in comparison to the current CBB.

Bb6 I took a while to get into. I think it takes a while to appreciate its magic. Yes the characters as people are vile and the house is hostile and nasty but once you get past that and realise how crazy and entertaining the HMs are to watch, it's amazing!
Old 27-01-2016, 07:41 PM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I might just add that I feel that BB15 had some fantastic, throughly memorable HMs. BB16 is distinctively forgettable IMO.
Old 27-01-2016, 07:50 PM #75
hot tamale

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Survivor 40: Michele
hot tamale

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Survivor 40: Michele

BB16 had some great gals, but all were wasted on this **** series.

Spoiler:

Dominic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, dreadful, series