Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 27-02-2016, 12:40 AM #26
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It’s official. Bryan Fuller, who will co-create, produce and serve as showrunner of the upcoming Star Trek series, has just announced the news that Nicholas Meyer has joined the show's writing staff and will be a consulting producer.

"Nicholas Meyer chased Kirk and Khan 'round the Mutara Nebula and 'round Genesis' flames, he saved the whales with the Enterprise and its crew, and waged war and peace between Klingons and the Federation. We are thrilled to announce that one of Star Trek's greatest storytellers will be boldly returning as Nicholas Meyer beams aboard the new Trek writing staff," said Executive Producer, Bryan Fuller.

Meyer, of course, is beloved by Star Trek fans worldwide for directing (and co-written, uncredited) Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, co-writing Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and co-writing and directing Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

The new Star Trek series, produced by CBS Television Studios, will launch in early 2017. In the U.S., a special premiere episode will air on the CBS Television Network and all subsequent first-run episodes will be available exclusively on CBS All Access. The series will also be available on television stations and platforms in other countries around the world.
Old 27-02-2016, 01:17 AM #27
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

that it's good, I need to watch Voyager, TNG, and TOS soon to catch up then.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 01:27 AM #28
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Nice! From the sounds of this, it will be set in the old universe I imagine
Old 03-03-2016, 08:27 PM #29
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry and Trevor Roth have been named executive producers of the upcoming Star Trek series, joining Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin and Bryan Fuller. Roddenberry is the son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and the president of Roddenberry Entertainment. Roth is the COO of Roddenberry Entertainment.

“Gene Roddenberry, the Great Bird of the Galaxy, left a finely feathered nest for all who love Star Trek to enjoy,” Bryan Fuller said in a statement. “And it is only fitting that Rod Roddenberry and Roddenberry Entertainment join our new Trek adventure to ensure that his father’s legacy of hope for the future and infinite diversity in infinite combinations runs through our tales as Gene Roddenberry intended.”

Star Trek Rod Roddenberry“Moral dilemmas, human issues, complex characters, and a genuine sense of optimism: These are the cornerstones of Star Trek and are what have made it such an influential and beloved franchise for the last 50 years,” Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry said. “While I will always be humbled by its legacy and the legions of fans who are its guardians, it’s a genuine honor to be joining a team of imaginative and incredibly capable individuals whose endeavor it is to uphold the tenants of Star Trek’s legacy while bringing it to audiences in a new era and on a contemporary platform.”

The new series will launch in the United States with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network in early 2017. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access. The series will also be available on television stations and platforms in other countries around the world.
I wonder when they begin shooting?
Old 22-04-2016, 09:55 PM #30
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Production of the new Star Trek series for CBS will beam down into Toronto this fall.

Studio space has been booked beginning in September for the first Star Trek series since Enterprise ended its four-season run in 2005.

CBS announced last November it was rebooting the franchise for its All Access streaming service (though the first episode will debut on the broadcast network).

No announcement has been made about a Canadian broadcaster or streaming partner.

Still untitled, the series will introduce new characters to the Star Trek universe and won’t be related to the Vancouver-shot feature Star Trek Beyond, which opens in July.

CBS is required to leave at least six months between the theatrical release of Star Trek Beyond and the premiere of its new project.

“The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations,” reads a description from CBS, “while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.”

The series was created by executive producer Bryan Fuller, who shot three seasons of NBC’s Hannibal in Toronto and is currently in the city overseeing production of the Starz series American Gods.

Fuller, who made his TV debut in the ’90s as a writer on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager, also made the short-lived 2004 series Wonderfalls in Ontario.

“It is without exaggeration a dream come true to be crafting a brand-new iteration of Star Trek with fellow franchise alum Alex Kurtzman,” Fuller said in a press release last year, “and boldly going where no Star Trek series has gone before.”

Also serving as an executive producer is Rod Roddenberry, the 42-year-old son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.

No casting details have been announced for the new Star Trek.

The series will be the most Canadian in the Star Trek franchise since the original in the late ’60s, which starred Montreal’s William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk and Vancouver-born James Doohan as Scott.
Source
Old 23-04-2016, 11:54 AM #31
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

quite excited for this

also excited for Star Trek: Renegades
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 12:02 AM #32
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Old 19-05-2016, 12:32 AM #33
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderyon View Post
Sorry.

Other than Bakula as the lead and few story lines, i found it quite flat.

Next Generation is my personal favorite and i really like the Original Series too.

I totally agree with you about that one being the worse. Glad Trek is back though. My favourites are the Original series, and Voyager.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 02:28 AM #34
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I just noticed it says "New Crews" I wonder if there will be more than one ship? o:
Old 19-05-2016, 08:17 PM #35
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Apparently it will be given a full title at a later date and wont remain as just "Star Trek"

People are saying this is probably Romulus' sun going super nova (Star Trek 2009, in the original timeline, not the new one)

and that this is Praxis from Star Trek VI
Old 06-06-2016, 04:21 PM #36
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Apparently, the working title has been revealed as "Green Harvest" (an allusion to Star Wars' Blue Harvest), and some concept art has been found, can't link it though due to them being taken down, lol.
Old 23-06-2016, 07:31 PM #37
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What was it like being in the room and finding out you’re going to get the keys to the Lamborghini?

BRYAN FULLER: It’s interesting you say “Lamborghini” because we’re looking at a lot of race cars as inspiration for our starships. It’s wonderful. It’s surreal. I didn’t want to be a writer. I wanted to be a Star Trek writer, so to be able to craft a new iteration of the show with new characters and a whole new adventure and whole new way of telling stories that you haven’t been able to tell on Star Trek is honorable and it’s a dream come true. It’s hard to articulate that.

Where are you in the writing process of the show?

FULLER: We’ve got the arc of the first season entirely written, or arced out, and we’ve got the first six episodes entirely broken.

Is it going to be 13 or 22 episodes?

FULLER: Thirteen.

I’m assuming this is going to be one story over thirteen episodes.

FULLER: Yes.

That’s a thing that excites me so much.

FULLER: Oh, good! Me too.

Because I’m imagining even CBS is saying “We need something that can stream 13 episodes”.

FULLER: And there are 762 episodes of Star Trek television, so over six episodes we have to tell stories differently than they’ve been told for fifty years.

When are you going to start revealing the specifics of when the timeline is and that kind of stuff?

FULLER: I imagine around Comic-Con. It’s interesting because normally I love talking about everything, and I’m sort of relieved I’ve been muzzled by CBS on it because I do less interviews, so I can spend more time writing, but I love talking about Star Trek and I love being involved in it, so I’ll be very excited to share when the muzzle comes off of me.

Do you know the directors you’re going to bring in?

FULLER: We haven’t booked directors yet. We booked Vincenzo Natali, who will be our producing director, but he’s not directing the first episode.

I’m assuming you’ve picked out stages?

FULLER: Yes, we’ve got stages and we’re very far along. We’re going to be putting sets up in a couple of weeks.

So you’ve basically been meeting with people for casting.

FULLER: I’ve met with a few actors, and it’s an interesting process. There’s a few people that we like and we want to carry on what Star Trek does best, which is being progressive. So it’s fascinating to look at all of these roles through a colorblind prism and a gender-blind prism, so that’s exciting.
Read more

Last edited by Scarlett.; 23-06-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 03:01 PM #38
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

The show wont be set before The Next Generation apparently. It sounds like it might have a 'Game of Thrones' style approach, telling separate stories.
Old 18-07-2016, 01:25 PM #39
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
CBS Studios International has announced that the new Star Trek television series will be broadcast exclusively in 188 countries by Netflix (excluding the United States and Canada), and in Canada by Bell Media.

In a landmark international licensing agreement, each episode of the highly anticipated new Star Trek series will be available to Netflix members exclusively in the 188 countries (excluding the United States and Canada) within 24 hours of the United States premiere. Further, all 727 existing episodes within the Star Trek television library – spanning from The Original Series, The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine to Voyager and Enterprise – will be available on Netflix around the globe by the end of 2016.

The Bell Media rollout for the new Star Trek series in Canada will mirror the launch in the United States. The first episode will premiere on Canada’s most-watched broadcast network, CTV, on the same night as CBS. All remaining episodes will initially be televised on Bell Media’s cable networks, Space (in English) and Z (in French), and then later exclusively on CraveTV, Bell Media’s streaming video-on-demand service. The Star Trek television library will return to Space (in English) and debut on Cinépop (in French), and will also be found among CraveTV’s leading lineup of premium television series.

As previously announced, the all-new Star Trek series will commence production in Toronto in September ahead of a January 2017 premiere. Co-created and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman, the show will feature a new ship, new characters and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future seen in Gene Roddenberry's original creation, which spawned the Star Trek spinoff series and feature films, and also inspired generations of viewers and fans.

The new Star Trek series, in the United States, will launch with a special premiere episode on the CBS Television Network in January 2017. The premiere episode and all subsequent episodes will be available in the United States exclusively on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service. The new Star Trek marks the first original series developed for distribution on CBS All Access, which provides viewers thousands of episodes of CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month.

Last edited by Scarlett.; 18-07-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 19-07-2016, 03:08 PM #40

Will buy it on BluRay

Feck Netflix
they ain't got enough good shows
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:14 PM #41
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Full size pic
http://i.imgur.com/B2U1xoY.jpg

Show will follow the USS Discovery (NCC-1301)!

Last edited by Scarlett.; 23-07-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:19 PM #42
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Old 23-07-2016, 10:24 PM #43

Well... don't like being a naysayer, but I've seen better CGI.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:25 PM #44
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I don't think they've even started filming yet, this was probably just thrown together for the reveal, lol.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:34 PM #45

Saw Star Trek Beyond today. Awesome, but not quite as awesome as it could have been. Felt they could have handled Krall a little better. 7.5/10.
Walter White is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:49 PM #46
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Official link that I posted above isn't working for some reason, so here's a mirror
Old 23-07-2016, 11:46 PM #47
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Bryan Fuller has confirmed it's set in the Prime Timeline (TOS-VOY), not the Kelvin timeline (ST09-Beyond), which kind of hints that it's not pre-TOS as some are speculating, if it was pre-TOS, it could still be both timelines, like Star Trek Enterprise. Plus the way he words it leads me to think it's not set where it seems to be.

Old 24-07-2016, 12:09 AM #48
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

It's been confirmed the show will be released worldwide on Netflix at the same time as the US version is released
http://www.startrek.com/article/intr...-s-s-discovery
Old 25-07-2016, 07:31 AM #49
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I totally agree with you about that one being the worse. Glad Trek is back though. My favourites are the Original series, and Voyager.
mine is also the Original series and Voyager, I like all the bad guys in Voyager as well, Species 8472, Kazon, Hirogen, Borg
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 08:54 PM #50
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I hope we see the borg at some point in the new series.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2017, captain, comic, con, discovery, jason, netflix, return, series, ship, star, trailer, trek, uk