Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Strictly Come Dancing Discuss the BBC's dancing show here.

Old 16-12-2015, 11:33 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Default BBC holds Meeting with Ola

The BBC are looking into claims made by Ola Jordan that ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ is fixed, according to reports.

Last month, Ola raised eyebrows when she suggested the judging panel were being told by producers to under-mark and over-mark certain contestants, in order to deliberately change their position on the leaderboard.

While the BBC were quick to deny the accusations, as was ‘Strictly’ head judge Len Goodman, it has now been reported that Ola has held a meeting with the BBC’s Head of Entertainment, Katie Taylor, who has vowed to look into her claims.

A source tells The Sun: “The BBC took Ola’s claims seriously and promised to check them out before the next series.”
Ola’s initial comments came shortly after she announced that she was stepping down from the show, after dancing on ‘Strictly’ for just short of a decade.

She said at the time: “As a dancer you can’t cheat me…

“In my opinion they know how many votes people scored in the previous weeks and then they try to influence their position on the leaderboard. Why else would they over-mark someone?”

After reportedly meeting with BBC bosses, she’ll be dancing on ‘Strictly’ for the final time this weekend, with The Sun’s insider continuing: “She obviously didn’t want to leave on a bad note so was pleased to have the conversation.“She’s delighted to be returning for this weekend. It’s going to be an emotional few days.”

It has since been claimed that she will be taking part in January’s series of ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, following in the footsteps of her husband, James Jordan, who was a finalist last summer.

Just four couples remain in this year’s ‘Strictly’, with Kellie Bright, Katie Derham, Georgia May Foote and Jay McGuiness all battling it out this weekend, to take home the Glitterball trophy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_8815910.html

I bet nothing will come of this the BBC will still continue to broadcast Strictly every year
and they will always deny it's a fix

Last edited by GoldHeart; 17-12-2015 at 06:17 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 07:00 AM #2
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Strictly is a Reality TV Show so of course it's a fix, but it's not as badly fixed as shows like BB and The X Factor where the contestants are literally at the productions mercy throughout it all.

Where as on Strictly they've all got to do the same Dances as each other in the end so if you're good enough to win you will win, and if you're popular enough to survive dodgy leaderboard positions then you will as the show doesn't go out of it's way to demonise people, and force people into one direction unlike the other two shows that I've mentioned.

So yeah good luck Ola going on an even more fixed Reality Show.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 17-12-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 08:27 AM #3
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Mockmas View Post
Strictly is a Reality TV Show so of course it's a fix, but it's not as badly fixed as shows like BB and The X Factor where the contestants are literally at the productions mercy throughout it all.

Where as on Strictly they've all got to do the same Dances as each other in the end so if you're good enough to win you will win, and if you're popular enough to survive dodgy leaderboard positions then you will as the show doesn't go out of it's way to demonise people, and force people into one direction unlike the other two shows that I've mentioned.

well please vote for Georgia on Saturday, i want her to come at least runner-up
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 11:34 PM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Mockmas View Post

i can't stand Bigbrother i haven't watched it for more than 6 years !
and notice how the mentally challenged always end up in the house and they always make a stupid person win

But if Ola want's to enter the BB house that's her choice but it usually turns people crazy or they end up being portrayed as a loser AKA her husband James Jordan even though we already knew he was a loser

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbc, holds, meeting, ola