Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 17-12-2015, 04:20 PM #1
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Default This season's edits, in particular Spencer's

I know I'm not alone in believing a massive chunk of screentime this season has been wasted on Spencer's growth and feelings (without there being evidence) which would suggest he'd prosper come finale night yet he ends up in the same position as a goat with 0 votes. The editors could have played into his arrogance more to edit him in a better way to explain having no votes because to me his edit makes no sense at all.

Andrew Savage dominated the pre-merge in airtime for no apparent reason when others such as Kimmi, Keith, Kelly and Ciera could've been developed since they were highly more relevant within the game.

I can understand Varner's edit though, since he was at the centre of his tribe dynamics and they went to TC every ep.

This season served a bit Cook Islands tea with storylines being picked up and dropped every so often and things building up to nothing, plus characters coming back into relevance with a plan on their boot episode that backfires made it very predictable IMO. Has this made you feel cheated on by this season, considering each castaway was voted in by us and not just the producer's/Probst's faves and are you optimistic about change for the next season?

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 04:31 PM #2
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Didn´t someone say that Kelly and Kimmi were supposed to be one of the posters girls this season, but they refused to play the "part", they were supposedly asked to, so in turn the producers punished them to leave them, especially Kelly with a practically non-existent in the competition.

I think at least partly maybe Spencer´s and Savage´s edits were a result of that. Also being a Probst favorite helps.

IMO the edit should be truthful and equal towards all of contestants with all of them featured as much as possible, not just select few.

Last edited by Calderyon; 17-12-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 04:46 PM #3
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

The editing really takes the shine off of what could've been a great season. I still enjoyed it but I could've found it so much better had they focused more on real second chance storylines like Kelly, Kimmi, PG etc and not just "Spencer has emotions, Jeremy has a pregnant wife, Stephen is a student of the game, Joe is unstoppable" etc.
Old 17-12-2015, 08:20 PM #4
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

He sucked Jeff off thats why
Old 17-12-2015, 08:22 PM #5
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nareindeer View Post
The editing really takes the shine off of what could've been a great season. I still enjoyed it but I could've found it so much better had they focused more on real second chance storylines like Kelly, Kimmi, PG etc and not just "Spencer has emotions, Jeremy has a pregnant wife, Stephen is a student of the game, Joe is unstoppable" etc.
Agreed 100%

There were a lot of interesting/great players this season yet they put the focus on a bunch of dullards

Literally Spencer's storyline was the most redundant and dry arc in recent memory and they could have edited ANYONE the same exact storyline "ha i'm learning how to use my emotions" like whoopdee****indoo, the most bizarre thing is that he didn't even receive a single vote in the finale - what on earth was the point of all that priming and perching

Last edited by iRyan; 17-12-2015 at 08:26 PM.
iRyan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 08:27 PM #6
Victim Noises

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson

Victim Noises

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson

Yeah this season could have been a lot better with different editing. Spencer constantly being shown is even more nauseating when you consider he was a 0 vote getter at FTC yet they felt the need to edit him like a winner... and yet Kelly (the poster child for second chances on Survivor) and Kimmi (an old school player who was a legitimate threat to win) got ignored

And yes @ storylines being started and then suddenly dropped. What happened to the Tasha turning evil storyline foreshadowed in the premiere? Apparently Spencer trying to have emotions was more important...

Spoiler:

EspeonBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2015, 04:39 AM #7
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

It just makes me feel like I wasted my time over the past three months? Like, reality TV has always fabricated some events through editing (I think the first time it wrapped around to self-parody on Survivor was when we were supposed to believe that Stephannie was voted out bc she wanted mashed potatoes or whatever the hell.) And trust me, I certainly get why some things get left out of the show like Mortgagegate in Nicaragua and Abi/Joe's fights at TC and I'll even throw in the fact that Spencer's "amazing puzzle solving skills" were for a puzzle he already studied.

But when you do things like make Andrew Savage a big character when he had no ties to any power players and was idoled out in 12th place and give Spencer a constant CPP5 edit with all this talk about feelings and growth, only for him to embarrassingly get no jury votes, it's clear we didn't watch what really happened. Like I said, you can say that with a lot of reality TV shows but this is just truly next-level. We're never gonna know what actually happened out there besides the stuff that gets revealed in exit interviews and podcasts. The only thing we have to go off of is an edited TV show that contradicted itself so many times that it's impossible to take seriously.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
edits, season, spencer