Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 20-02-2016, 12:25 AM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default My review of GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and V.

For the first time ever I am playing the missions throughout on GTA, I've beaten III, Vice City, and V, and I'm nearly done on San Andreas, and I will be starting GTA IV not long afterwards, and I will eventually buy and play Liberty City Stories, and Vice City Stories too.

Anyway my reviews on all of the Games that I've played so far.

GTA III - Overall a very fun Game with an interesting plot (Asuka being the star of the Game imo) Claude despite the player not being able to hear him speak does in his own strange way have an intrigue about him, and I do like how his essentially the Lance Vance or Big Smoke of the Game, my only flaw with GTA III is that the last few Asuka missions drove me up the wall and got so difficult that it did ruin my enjoyment of the Game slightly and ruined my perception of Asuka for awhile afterwards, thankfully the Catalina mission afterwards was more of a difficulty curve I could handle despite dying a billion times.

GTA Vice City - This is my favourite GTA Game by far, not so hard that you want to pull your hair out, but not too easy that you end up getting bored and quit the Game by not getting enough of a challenge, Vice City also has my favourite protagonist in Tommy Vercetti, Lance Vance was also a very well written character and I like the twist with him towards the end of the Game, it's plot may not be the strongest of all the GTA's, but it's still a very fun and enjoyable Game with less bugs than III.

GTA San Andreas - I've not finished this Game yet but I don't really get why it's so loved tbh? Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed it and the plot is fantastic, and the length for the most part has been fine (I just would've took away the unnecessary bull**** of taking back Gang neighbourhoods to activate the final mission) stuff in Los Santos, however my real bug bearer (no pun intended) is that the Game with it's Gameplay is wildly inconsistent in the sense of I'll tell it to do something and it can take ten centuries to register that I've hit the button, like as an example as it's happened to me loads of times on this Game is that when I try and get the Gun's aimer to aim at the enemy during a shooting mission, the Game sometimes will aim wildly away from them and not aim at them for ages whilst they're taking health off of my character, then there's the annoying ****ing Planes that you only have to do a slight turn and it will act as if you've smashed it into a wall or something, the best missions in the Game for me has to be Woozie who gives out more Vice City type missions which were more difficult but fun.

I honestly don't hate San Andreas, it to me comes off like Final Fantasy XII for it's genre in the sense of it's a very ambitious project, some of it is very good, and some of it is annoying and it will make me take a long, long, long time to ever wanna replay this installment again.

GTA V - Now this Game like San Andreas is a very ambitious project, again the plot is fantastic I feel with some brilliant character development given out to it's three protagonists (which as you know it's a first for GTA to have you play as three playable characters) I like the fact that you can retry the mission when you get killed which makes it nicer than having to trek all the way back to the mission that you was just doing 2 seconds ago.

However my main flaw with this Game is that it might be a little too generous in some areas, like having you keep your weapons when you get killed, or the fact that the missions (whilst fun) do lack the difficulty that you can experience during the older GTA Games, however it's a flaw that I can deal with when you've got still some tricky levels in the Game, three brilliant protagonists, and not as many bugs with the controls on the Game.

My overall rankings of the Games.

1. GTA Vice City
2. GTA V
3. GTA III
4. GTA San Andreas

What's your feelings on the GTA installments?

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 20-02-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 12:43 AM #2
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

San Andreas the GOAT
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 01:05 AM #3

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Story wise GTA IV is by far my favourite, the general dark aspect of the game
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 01:28 AM #4
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I love(d) them all but I would say, based on story mode:

1) GTA III
2) Vice City
3) GTA IV
4) San Andreas
5) GTA V

but Online puts V waaaaay ahead of the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
andreas, city, gta, iii, review, san, vice