Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB17 Celebrity Big Brother January 2016 [CBB 17], won by Scotty Timlin, and the housemates here.

Old 24-02-2016, 12:48 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..well, probably overthinking the new 'air do, there...
I think we get accused of over thinking when we take time to back up our observations.....you're the same and that's why I take you more seriously than others who just throw insults around without backing them up.
I def look a bit deeper behind what's on show.....that's why I saw the bigger picture when they got together and that's why I see more than just a new hair style now....I am pissed off that the type of person I liked in the house is now trying to look like the exact type of person I dislike....I also can see how bored people in the TV media are getting with her ever changing mind so the last thing she shud be doing is changing her appearance right now.
I like the girl, or I'm trying to, and I def like Jeremy...so to watch him fail to turn up for his This Morning interview a few weeks ago, then fail to arrive at his new presenting job on Irish TV , then watch both of them fail to attend their appearance on Loose Women is just arrogant and stupid ...and now to watch her turn into just another fake looking dummy like so many others is just frustrating.....I wonder who the hell cares about them, I know he has lost his family and maybe that explains a lot but what about hers....what is the reason she is so manic and so unhappy with herself that she has to keep changing everything on such a big scale ? Her parents and her friends and her agent, do non of them have any influence ?
I don't think I am over thinking anything but I can see how you may think that... I actually think she has some serious problem and is surrounded by people telling her the opposite and I think that's sad..... If I like someone I like them enough to say when they are making a mistake.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 01:07 PM #52
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
I think we get accused of over thinking when we take time to back up our observations.....you're the same and that's why I take you more seriously than others who just throw insults around without backing them up.
I def look a bit deeper behind what's on show.....that's why I saw the bigger picture when they got together and that's why I see more than just a new hair style now....I am pissed off that the type of person I liked in the house is now trying to look like the exact type of person I dislike....I also can see how bored people in the TV media are getting with her ever changing mind so the last thing she shud be doing is changing her appearance right now.
I like the girl, or I'm trying to, and I def like Jeremy...so to watch him fail to turn up for his This Morning interview a few weeks ago, then fail to arrive at his new presenting job on Irish TV , then watch both of them fail to attend their appearance on Loose Women is just arrogant and stupid ...and now to watch her turn into just another fake looking dummy like so many others is just frustrating.....I wonder who the hell cares about them, I know he has lost his family and maybe that explains a lot but what about hers....what is the reason she is so manic and so unhappy with herself that she has to keep changing everything on such a big scale ? Her parents and her friends and her agent, do non of them have any influence ?
I don't think I am over thinking anything but I can see how you may think that... I actually think she has some serious problem and is surrounded by people telling her the opposite and I think that's sad..... If I like someone I like them enough to say when they are making a mistake.

...so maybe because you see something in her/something specific in her character/a depth that you don't feel others saw in the house..?...you're frustrated that her hair will make her look like something which you feel 'stereotypically' represents something not so good/shallow, type thing...but also you want the public to like her, to see what you do in her and it's annoying you because you feel they won't because of her hair change and general publicity behaviour since leaving the house..?.../that she and Jeremy aren't quite shaping up to be the likeable couple/loved by the public, you believed in them becoming on leaving the house...?...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 01:21 PM #53
0_o

0_o

Suits it dark better tbh. But her choice.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 01:42 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...so maybe because you see something in her/something specific in her character/a depth that you don't feel others saw in the house..?...you're frustrated that her hair will make her look like something which you feel 'stereotypically' represents something not so good/shallow, type thing...but also you want the public to like her, to see what you do in her and it's annoying you because you feel they won't because of her hair change and general publicity behaviour since leaving the house..?.../that she and Jeremy aren't quite shaping up to be the likeable couple/loved by the public, you believed in them becoming on leaving the house...?...
All of the above Amii except for last bit, I actually think the public interest in them and the TV shows sympathising with them shows how much the public like them ...I think the public seem to want them to work it out more then they themselves do...
But all the above, about what i see in her that she does so well to smash in front of everyone, yeh....she's really silly to not know when she is liked and why.....if the public had wantend a fake dummy who spends all day with their face in the mirror to be this years top female in BB they would have chosen Gemma or Megan or even Nancy.....she won the show because she wasn't like that and now she's trying to be...of course, as someone who liked her, I feel that she is letting herself down and just reinforcing people's dislike of her....irony is, that if she goes full on down that fake celebrity reality style path then all those who have hated her on here should actually start to like her cause she'll be just like the females they usually love so much.
Old 24-02-2016, 02:47 PM #55
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
All of the above Amii except for last bit, I actually think the public interest in them and the TV shows sympathising with them shows how much the public like them ...I think the public seem to want them to work it out more then they themselves do...
But all the above, about what i see in her that she does so well to smash in front of everyone, yeh....she's really silly to not know when she is liked and why.....if the public had wantend a fake dummy who spends all day with their face in the mirror to be this years top female in BB they would have chosen Gemma or Megan or even Nancy.....she won the show because she wasn't like that and now she's trying to be...of course, as someone who liked her, I feel that she is letting herself down and just reinforcing people's dislike of her....irony is, that if she goes full on down that fake celebrity reality style path then all those who have hated her on here should actually start to like her cause she'll be just like the females they usually love so much.
..I do understand what you're saying, I think Stephanie has a pretty loyal fan there, eh...but I guess that I just hate to see you get so irritated/annoyed/sad with stuff, like you seem to be because as you know, none of us have any control over what others do, no matter how much we wish they wouldn't do certain things or have control over what others think of them and obviously neither should we have that control so it's all wasted energy and pointless frustrations and emotions...it's probably similar to the frustrations that some of the other housemates had with her, they were almost pulling their hair out at times and in complete despair....it felt as though, many thought she was her 'worst enemy' and almost on a path of self destruct...?..a path that some of them had also followed so there was those screams of STOP to her, but ultimately she did it her way and many people have to do that,no matter what the influences, how good they are...people have to follow their own paths in life and find their own ...
way/their way...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 03:44 PM #56
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

A lot of women redo their hair after major life events (like a bad breakup). In fact for some it's so emotional to cut their hair that it is a really big deal, much less change a hair style and color completely. When we do it on our terms it's like saying we're taking back our identity and claiming full ownership and control over what the new one will be.

It's kinda something some people do to signal a change is needed/in the air. When I moved cross country at 19 and started a new life, I made a serious change. I went from hair that was so long it went to my butt for so many years to basically a bob haircut and color. Now I don't use color and I'm somewhere in-between length-wise, but sometimes we feel like our old identity has us by the throat and changing our hair/appearance is one of those things we have the most control over...

I think a lot of this could easily apply to Stephanie. Saying she must stay the same for long periods of time because that is what the public expects or wants to see of her is plain silly... there are plenty of celebrities that make dramatic changes to their identity (sometimes in the form of rebelling) and are still well-known after the fact.

Besides, Stephanie just went from theoretically, one ****ty life to a much better one, so this is kinda like shedding that previous ****ty life... it makes complete sense.

Some Examples:
Lindsay Lohan
Justin Bieber
Miley Cyrus
Robert Downy Jr.
Angelina Jolie (read up on her past...)
Michael Jackson

I love this topic by the way

Last edited by Maru; 24-02-2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Misspell...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 03:46 PM #57

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Her red hair>
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 03:51 PM #58

I really don't see how her darker hair made her look tomboyish at all.

There are plenty blondes who drink pints of lager.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 04:56 PM #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
A lot of women redo their hair after major life events (like a bad breakup). In fact for some it's so emotional to cut their hair that it is a really big deal, much less change a hair style and color completely. When we do it on our terms it's like saying we're taking back our identity and claiming full ownership and control over what the new one will be.

It's kinda something some people do to signal a change is needed/in the air. When I moved cross country at 19 and started a new life, I made a serious change. I went from hair that was so long it went to my butt for so many years to basically a bob haircut and color. Now I don't use color and I'm somewhere in-between length-wise, but sometimes we feel like our old identity has us by the throat and changing our hair/appearance is one of those things we have the most control over...

I think a lot of this could easily apply to Stephanie. Saying she must stay the same for long periods of time because that is what the public expects or wants to see of her is plain silly... there are plenty of celebrities that make dramatic changes to their identity (sometimes in the form of rebelling) and are still well-known after the fact.

Besides, Stephanie just went from theoretically, one ****ty life to a much better one, so this is kinda like shedding that previous ****ty life... it makes complete sense.

Some Examples:
Lindsay Lohan
Justin Bieber
Miley Cyrus
Robert Downy Jr.
Angelina Jolie (read up on her past...)
Michael Jackson

I love this topic by the way
It's interesting how you see her new image as being the result of her needing a big change in here life....I just wonder how many changes she needs to display in full public view before she finally appreciates what she's got.......I thought going into BB was her big change and chance to prove herself to the public....then there was the abandoned wedding plans to her partner because she needed change...then there was the new big love of her life who she said finally makes her feel happy and loved for who she is and not for her image, before immediately changing that image yet again ....I liked her in the house, I liked her fighting spirit against the very people she's now turning into....but some folkes just keep on needing dramatic life changes till there's no where left to go except tragedy...pretty much every one on the list above that you think strengthens your view is a fuk up ....one of which didn't stop till he was dead , one of which didn't stop till she'd stolen some ones husband and two of which ended up in jail.
This is about her sudden need to make a dramatic change at the very start of what was supposed to be her new start with Jeremy.

I never said that the public expect her to stay the same for long periods of time so that's a miss quote that you make on my behalf....I said that she wants to be a brand but the majority of the public have only got to know her because of BB and that her decision to drastically change the way she looks is too soon because she's not established her original image yet. I also said it seems an odd thing to do, change your appearance completely from the one Jeremy said he fell in love with only weeks ago...she keeps telling everyone that she just wants to be loved for herself yet as soon as someone has done that she immediately changes herself.
The public don't expect her to stay the same for long periods of time they just want her to stay the same for more than 5 minutes. A lot of people have already spent the last 8 weeks asking themselves who she is and what she actually wants, the image of her and Jeremy was supposed to finally be the answer but apparently not cause now she's gone and changed completely again, this time visually......she's a disaster and it's a shame cause she's a funny girl who is not dumb like others in that house....slowly but surely the TV shows will start shutting her out...it's already happened

Last edited by hot2go; 24-02-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 24-02-2016, 05:45 PM #60

You have written a trilogy of novels with these essays on Stephanie's hair colour.
Old 24-02-2016, 06:09 PM #61
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
My list is not very exhaustive, but my main point is that many celebrities have had major drama/changes in their looks/appearance and still remain some of the more recognizable celebrities in our culture. Even the worst of them are loved by their fanbase. You're acting as if Steph made the worst move ever for her brand and I'm pointing out that for many the constant change in their lives have actually made them more interesting to the public.

You're operating under the assumption that many people think as deeply as you do about who they vy for. For many it just comes down to likeability. Celebrities can be a major "f--k up" as you kindly put it, even be horrid (see: Donald Trump) but still be very likable and so therefore enjoy fame, success and fortune throughout their entire careers.

I would argue Steph's variability/volatility is very much her brand. It's one of the main reasons I found her a favorite this season. Elizabeth Taylor had all sorts of drama (and marriages) throughout her life and yet she is a legend.

TDLR: Her hair color is at best a statement, but it doesn't define who she is as a person, much less her brand. Many celebrities change is more fundamental ways (see: sex change/sexual preference) and yet still enjoy great success.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 06:11 PM #62

She's an actress anyway, she should be a chameleon for her characters.
Old 24-02-2016, 06:13 PM #63
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

She looks common and dirty.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 08:31 PM #64
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
a tesco worker in the making #bb15zoe
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:52 PM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
That's because she is common and dirty...we all saw that in the house.

She needs some good advice and to just lie low for a period of time. Her time in the house did her no favours whatsoever...but unfortunately as we saw, she is unable to take advice and does what she wants because she thinks she knows best. She is just spiralling downwards and she needs to stop her attention seeking ways.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amazing, blonde, davis, hair, stephanie