Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother Canada Big Brother Canada 9 started 3th March 2021.

Old 23-02-2016, 04:53 PM #1
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Default BBCAN4 - Interviews with Tim, Jase, Veronica and Nikki.

Tim:

Quote:
While we’re mildly familiar with “Big Brother Australia,” we’ll be the first to admit that it is not a version of the show we watch regularly. Therefore, it took a little bit of research to learn about Tim Dormer when we learned he would be a cast member on “Big Brother Canada 4.” He won the tenth season of the show Down Under, and there he used his ability to stir things up and be a big personality in order to get some voters on his side. He’s a super-energetic guy, and it’s easy to see why he would do well in that game.

With that said, can he succeed in the American game? That was something we were eager to uncover in our pre-game interview with him. For those who missed it, Tim is one of four international contestants vying to enter the game this season. Two of them will enter, and the choice for Canadian voters is between Tim and “Big Brother 5” / “All-Stars” contestant Jase Wirey.

For those who didn’t see you previously on Big Brother, how would you describe your experience?

Okay, so I’m a bit of a troublemaker. I like to get up to mischief, and I’m like the annoying younger brother. I’m like little brother! But I think I have a good heart and I’m very honest and real. That’s what Australian audiences liked about me; I was very genuine and authentic. While I cause a little bit of trouble you’re always going to know what I’m thinking; I’m a bit of a wild card. I’m not very predictable. I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I do mix it up when it comes to strategy. Some people call me a really sort of manipulative puppet-master gameplayer, but I think that’s because they never knew what I was going to do strategy-wise. I always kind of kept them guessing. That is how I like to play! Never let the enemy know what you’re going to do next.

What’s something about you that would surprise people?

Hm … That I’m actually a really nice guy. That I like to hang out with my grandmother. She’s 95 years old and I like to have tea and scones with her every fortnight, so I can’t be that bad! I’m a bad boy, but my grandma loves me. (Laughs.)

Do you have a specific strategy entering the house?

The ‘Big Brother Canada’ format, the game is so different than what I’m used to in Australia. The public actually votes for who they want to evict out of the house, and who they want to win the show. ‘Big Brother Canada’ is all about the other houseguests voting for you, and it’s going to be a totally different strategy for me. I’m going to have to play the social game, I’m going to have to make alliances, and of course after winning a series before the Canadian houseguests will probably think I’m a threat. I have to make them believe I’m not a threat and get them when they don’t expect it.

What makes you think that you’ll be able to make it all the way to the end and win?

Look, I wouldn’t want to be doing this if I didn’t want to win again. I definitely do. I think I’m just gonna win them over with some Aussie charm and make them think I’m not a threat. I’m gonna stay true to myself, but I think I can play a bit sneaky and stay true to myself … though I am sneaky! (Laughs.)

What do you think your biggest weakness could be?

That’s a good question! I can’t tell you that! (Laughs.) That’s like Superman advertising his Kryptonite. I’m used to people not liking me. In a competition I always like it when people think that they have to beat me; I’m not used to people wanting to people be on my team. I’m not used to teamwork, and I’m not a very good team player.

My weakness might be working with an alliance. I’m like a lone wolf; I’m like a one-man show! I don’t need people to help me with my strategy, so maybe my weakness is gonna be the fact that I need to have an alliance to work together. I’ve never had that play out.

Other than winning the money, what’s the one thing you’re hoping to get out of this experience?

I’d like to make some Canadian friends! Hopefully whatever happens, if I get in there, I’ll have some friends and if I come and visit again, I can stay at their house! Hopefully I’m not expelled by the nation and I’m not stopped at the airport, like ‘you can’t come in.’

In closing, what do you want to say to Canada? Why should they be excited to see you this season?

I think Canada should vote for me to get me into the house because I’ll keep it interesting and I’m the wild-card. I’m the crazy guy from Down Under. I don’t know what people in Canada think of Australia or what their views of Australia are, but it’s a pretty wild nation. We’ve got some of the most dangerous animals down there, but they don’t come more wild than me.

If you want an interesting season of ‘Big Brother Canada,’ then put me in that house.

Overall impression – Tim is fantastic. We really wish that the show wasn’t making you choose and was just putting all four international players in instead, since there’s something so fascinating about a guy like Tim doing this game and seeing what he can learn about himself in a different environment. He’s going to have a tough time since we figure many people in Canada already know Jase and could vote for him, but Tim has so much charisma and is a really interesting, funny guy. He was a really great interview to do.
Jase:

Quote:
When we woke up extremely early this week to interview the cast of “Big Brother Canada” season 4, Jase Wirey was definitely not a name we anticipated seeing or hearing. There hasn’t been an international “Big Brother” experiment like this in North America (we can’t speak for any other part of the world), and we suspected that his story was over with “Big Brother All-Stars,” which came on the heels of him being the fifth person evicted from “Big Brother 5.”

This season, Jase is one of four international contestants who need Canada’s vote in order to make it into the house. One man and one woman will be selected, and he’s up against “Big Brother Australia” star Tim Dormer in hopes of getting in.

In our pre-game interview below, Jase explains his thought process entering the game, and how he thinks he has changed in many ways since first being on the show. (In case you’re wondering why we didn’t get more in-depth with Jase on certain subjects related to his U.S. game, we tried to ask all the players roughly the same questions for the sake of fairness pre-game.)

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.

I’m Jase, I’m a ghost from ‘Big Brother’ past, and I sell burritos from my truck that I also live in when I’m not appearing on reality shows.

What made you want to try out for Big Brother Canada this year?

They called me and asked me to do it, and whenever you play ‘Big Brother,’ it’s like chess. If you get offered a chance to play, why wouldn’t you play? It’s an awesome experience.

For those who didn’t see you previously on Big Brother, how would you describe your experience?

I can’t wait to describe my experience to people who don’t my experience in the house. I think I’m going to be able to use that to my advantage.

[As for the general public], I’m one of the chosen of the ‘Big Brother America’ [group] that is in the family, and I feel like Canada is a big family. After the game, after you all go through a tragic bus crash together, it’s weird and you have a huge bond. I loved being on ‘Big Brother 5’ and I loved being on ‘Big Brother All-Stars,’ I’d loved the producers and the whole staff. It’s been a really positive experience for me in my life.

I think everything about me surprises people. Let’s be honest: With me, you have no idea what you’re going to get next … If there’s something about me that doesn’t surprise someone, that surprises me. Write that down.

I do, but at this time we all know the strategies that you enter the house [with] are tossed in the wind. I will keep my little strategy tucked under my little headband, my bandanna right now as I am wearing one … let’s see what happens when I get there.

What makes you think that you’ll be able to make it all the way to the end and win?

When I was in ‘Big Brother 5,’ my strategy was to conquer, destroy, and be the villain, and it was a blast. I loved every minute of it. Now, I’m going peace, love, monkey-grease. I want to be the person who relates to everyone … I’m not going to be a super d**k. I say now that (laughs). I’m going to embrace the moment, and I’m going to cherish the moment, and I feel fortunate again to have the moment. If there’s a positive [person] in the house, who wants to get rid of that guy, especially after I pick off all of the dudes in the house one by one and it’s all the ladies left. You know what ladies do when they are all alone in the house; they turn on each other! I will float my little self to the end.

My biggest weakness this time would be that I don’t even think that I have a weakness.

Other than winning the money, what’s the one thing you’re hoping to get out of this experience?

I want to win! Listen, I did ‘Big Brother 5’ and producers were crying when I left because I propelled the show, I was one of the golden boys. ‘Big Brother All-Stars’ I went into the house and didn’t feel like I had a chance because there were six members of season 6, whatever. I honestly feel like I have a chance to win. One day, one of my grandsons is going to say ‘he finally won Big Brother Canada, it’s gonna be lucky and have a maple leaf on it, and then he went on Big Brother Canada All-Stars and won that one too.’

In closing, what do you want to say to Canada? Why should they be excited to see you this season?

Honestly, I love Canada. I joke, but I do. It was so weird. The day I got the call to be on ‘Big Brother Canada’ I had this feeling come over me where I thought the ‘Big Brother USA’ people were going to be contacting me. Two hours later, no kidding at all, [I got a call] that mentioned ‘Big Brother Canada.’ I arrived on my birthday. I feel this weird sort of … Do you ever wonder if we craft our own destiny before we arrive on planet Earth? I feel if we do, this is all a part of my destiny.

Now, that’s pretty deep and weird, but I don’t know. Also, I got this northern thing in my heart. I always wanted to move north; I could be an off-the-gridder in Alaska. I’ve got this northern thing inside of me. Canada is such a warm, embracing cornucopia of feelings for me.

Overall impression – Jase was pretty polarizing the first time, and we don’t think that much has changed. He’ll bring a lot to the show if he makes it into the proper game (which we think he will, given how many U.S. viewers watch this show), but we’re not sure he has the “chill” factor necessarily to go far.
Veronica:

Quote:
“Grande Fratello” is the name of the edition of “Big Brother” in Italy where Veronica Graf hails from, and out of all of the international houseguests competing this season, we admit right off the bat that she is the one we know the least about. We’ve found online that she has a modeling history, but other than knowing that the Italian show follows international rules, there’s not too much else we know about her version of the show or even her, given that she was apparently an early boot back in 2014.

What we can at least offer you today are some highlights from our brief pre-game chat with Veronic,a using some of the same questions we asked some of the other international contenders on “Big Brother Canada.” In case you missed it, the twist this year is that Canada will vote on two of the four contenders (one man and one woman) to enter the house; Veronica is up against Nikki Grahame from ‘Big Brother UK.’

Tell us about yourself: Your name, where you’re from, your age, and what you do for a living.

I’m Veronica, I’m 26, and I’m from Italy. I do ‘Big Brother’ in Italy, and this is my second experience with ‘Big Brother.’ I think this will be a little different here in Canada.

To see new people, and to [be seen over in North America].

For me it was too short, and I had some situations with other girls in the house and I was very upset sometimes. It was [hectic] every day and really hard, but a good experience.

That I’m really tough. People think I look like a Barbie, but I’m not really like that.

No, I don’t have a strategy. I want to be myself, and be nice and to get to know the other people. [In order for me to win], it’s enough to be myself.

I’ll be myself, and I’ll be nice to everyone since [I don’t know what’s next].

I hate every time of game with a ball. (Laughs.) I am a dancer and a swimmer, but I hate every game like volleyball, or basketball.

Everything, from the people to myself. I feel like I can really change. Hopefully we’ll all be friends for the rest of our lives.

Because I’m so different from everyone in Canada! It’s fun to see me in this house. It’ll be really strange, and really fun. I’m a competitor.

Overall impression – Veronica is going to have a hard time getting in the house, mostly because she’s competing against someone in Nikki who may be one of the most-famous British contestants ever and has a huge fan base. We think she probably would be fun, but she is one of those people who is hard to read in an interview. We felt the same way about Pilar last season and she ended up having a lot of fun moments.
Nikki:

Quote:
Of course, we had to go ahead and get that quote out of the way in the title: Nikki Grahame is one of the houseguests in the history of “Big Brother UK” with a bona fide catchphrase, and as a result of that, she is going to be a very popular person to watch on “Big Brother Canada 4.” She is one of four contestants taking part in a unique experiment this season: These international stars are going to be up for a public vote, and Canada will end up determining which man and which woman are worthy of getting a shot this season.

While we know that there are many people out there familiar with Nikki’s history on the British show (which started in the seventh season and went on to include “Ultimate Big Brother” and even a twist during “Big Brother 16” in the country), we are crafting this article primarily for the newbies. We didn’t want to ask too many special questions to any houseguest for the sake of fairness.

I’m Nikki, I’m from the UK, I’ve was on ‘Big Brother’ in the UK ten years and and I’ve been in the house three times. I was voted the most-popular housemate ever in the UK. I basically have a career in the media since ‘Big Brother’ in 2006, which was totally in my surprise because I didn’t know anyone [would like me] coming out of the house.

I’ve been in the house three times and I’ve never won it. I don’t know what makes me so memorable.

I’ve never been here before and I’m so excited to be here. I can’t wait to meet Arisa. I always wanted to do ‘Big Brother’ in another country, and what better country to do it in than Canada. It’s so new and fresh; this is the fourth series here, and we’re up to series 17 in the UK. I love how much hype there is around it, and the vote is very different than it was in the UK. The public votes on who goes out and wins, so you can be really annoying to live with, but the public could find you great entertainment and keep you! You can get really far, but here the vote is internal, and I’m kind of dreading that. I’m not one to play games … It’s all very new to me. It’s going to be a challenge.

It has just been a fantastic experience. I’ve been so grateful for everything I’ve got. It’s been fantastic, really.

I don’t know! I’m quite smart, but I think that people would probably think I’m a bit of a bimbo. I know what goes around me, and I’ve lived in Paris so I speak a little bit of French, as well. There are a lot of different aspects of me.

That’s one thing I don’t have. I don’t have a strategy. In the UK you get kicked out of the house for playing games; the public don’t like it. It’s best to be yourself and just form genuine friendships and make the most out of your experience and be as genuine as you can. I don’t know what it is going to be like living with people who are pretending to be your friends who are playing games. That’s going to be a challenge; hopefully, I’ll adapt to their way of playing.

I never won it, so I don’t know what is necessary to win it. I would love to win; it would mean so much to me, but I just don’t know if I got it in me. (Laughs.) Getting into ‘Big Brother Canada’ is enough of an achievement in itself, so I think’s winning.

I think my biggest weakness would be the challenges, because that’s the one chance you get for immunity, and I’m not great at challenges. I’m not keen on getting my hands dirty, and in the UK I had a [show] called ‘Princess Nikki’ where I had to do different jobs. Basically, I’m quite known for my tantrums and outbursts. (Laughs.) That’s in the past; I’ve grown up a lot, but through primitive Nikki I did actually have several meltdowns! I’m very worried about the challenges.

Last time I was in the house it really helped me to adapt living with people with different personalities and different walks of life. Now, I’m entering a totally different culture with people who have had very different lives than in the UK. I’m really looking forward to broadening my horizons and experiencing something completely different because ‘Big Brother’ in different countries is going to be different. I’m stepping outside of my comfort zone. I’m going to embrace it full-on and I’m sure I’m going to get a lot from it.

They will have to expect the unexpected because I’m totally unpredictable, and I have lots of good qualities, but I can also be rather fiery. I have lots and lots to offer and will never fail to entertain.

Overall impression – Nikki is someone we knew a little bit about before speaking with her, but we were able to throw most of that out the door for this interview. We found her interesting and fairly down-the-earth, and really the opposite of her famous “who IS she” diatribe that she made during the UK season 7. She was pretty perceptive, and gave us some of the longest answers of anyone.
Source for all four interviews: http://cartermatt.com/tag/bbcan4cast/

Spoiler:

zakman440 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 05:00 PM #2
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Will have a read of these later thanks
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 05:01 PM #3
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura

Quote:
Nikki is someone we knew a little bit about before speaking with her, but we were able to throw most of that out the door for this interview. We found her interesting and fairly down-the-earth, and really the opposite of her famous “who IS she” diatribe that she made during the UK season 7. She was pretty perceptive, and gave us some of the longest answers of anyone.
slay Nikki <3
Ross. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 05:33 PM #4
@ChasingTheGhost

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
@ChasingTheGhost

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Nikki did wonderful
Old 23-02-2016, 09:30 PM #5
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

That made for a very interesting read! Interesting to note that Jase and Tim were specifically talking about winning and the money, so fingers crossed that means they're definitely there for the duration!

Really enjoyed Nikki's interview, it's just so exciting that we could be seeing her do things like partake in HoH comps, be HoH, cast eviction votes, have alliances, be on the jury...hell, even win (maybe)! Imagine if she was on BOTS this summer as 'the winner of Big Brother Canada'
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 09:32 PM #6

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
That made for a very interesting read! Interesting to note that Jase and Tim were specifically talking about winning and the money, so fingers crossed that means they're definitely there for the duration!

Really enjoyed Nikki's interview, it's just so exciting that we could be seeing her do things like partake in HoH comps, be HoH, cast eviction votes, have alliances, be on the jury...hell, even win (maybe)! Imagine if she was on BOTS this summer as 'the winner of Big Brother Canada' :cheer2:
YES.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-02-2016, 05:24 AM #7
Lesbian Assassin

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BBCanada 4: Nikki
Lesbian Assassin

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BBCanada 4: Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post

Really enjoyed Nikki's interview, it's just so exciting that we could be seeing her do things like partake in HoH comps, be HoH, cast eviction votes, have alliances, be on the jury...hell, even win (maybe)! Imagine if she was on BOTS this summer as 'the winner of Big Brother Canada'
I pray for that day. It would be so amazing for her to hold the title and be recognized for it in the UK.

DigitalMethod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbcan4, interviews, jase, Nikki, tim, veronica