Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:34 PM #251
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
I will be watching Forrest Gump tonight
Oh good

I couldn't last weekend and felt bad
This weekend for sure
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 PM #252
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I'm definitely going to jump on the Forrest Gump train tomorrow. It's just been so hectic travelling back and forth from uni for my exam and then coming home for Summer.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:12 PM #253
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:17 PM #254
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

I know Tom...this is why I haven't found the time
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:34 PM #255
Sod orf

Sod orf

A timeless classic

The soundtrack is one of, if not the best of any film.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:11 PM #256

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):

Forrest Gump review:

Spoiler:

I love this film!
Tom Hanks is an amazing actor, he's one of my favourite actors, my favourite moments have to be where Lieutenant Dan is having a row with God during a hurricane, i connected with this as i'm sure most of us (i know i have!) have felt like we've ended up with a raw deal in life! I love the fact that no matter what he loves Jenny, his heart truly belongs with Jenny, and i loved Sally Field as his mum, it broke my heart when she told him so matter of fact that she were dying I also loved the genius moments (that he was the inspiration for the sayings "**** happens" and "have a nice day!") this movie always leaves me full of admiration for Forrest yet it also leaves me feeling a little sad, but then i guess that's life! There's just so many great moments throughout this film, i found it a joy to watch from beginning to end. My favourite quote has to be :

This movie is flawless and gets a full 10/10

And the soundtrack is brilliant

Last edited by rubymoo; 05-06-2016 at 09:13 PM.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:11 PM #257
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Watching now

I didn't know the iconic quote of the film is at the very beginning
Old 05-06-2016, 11:16 PM #258
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I'm just over an hour into this film and I adore it
Old 05-06-2016, 11:18 PM #259
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Am I allowed to join or is this an exclusive club
Ross. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:28 AM #260
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

It's not exclusive, Ross Feel free to join in.

I've just finished watching Forrest Gump. The credits are rolling right now. Such a beautiful film, and I'm so thankful to the person who initially suggested it. I only read the original post looking for one film that stood out and that was the one that stuck out to me. I've always wanted to watch it, and now I finally have

I'll post a proper review tomorrow but I definitely itself think it's at least a 9/10.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:35 AM #261
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
Old 06-06-2016, 06:25 AM #262
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
..it's exclusive to everyone, Ross..and even if it's just for one particular movie as well...just dip in and out with your popcorn any time you may want to...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:25 AM #263

Quote:

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:03 PM #264
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Forrest Gump:

Spoiler:

What an incredible film. I was reluctant to watch it because I had no idea it was so long. Every minute was valuable though. The film is so beautiful and so clever, and Forrest is such an adorable character. I adored his relationships (with his Mother, Jenny, Bubba & Lieutenant Taylor).

It's hard to describe what makes the film so amazing, but the storytelling is just incredible. It's great that Forrest is the one narrating his own life story, which is actually the answer to what makes it so incredible. I loved the beginning and the iconic quote of "Life's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.", which is somewhat arguable since most people know what chocolates they get in a selection box but everyone knows what the idiom implies so whatever

I like that Forrest is such an extraordinary character that doesn't necessarily fit in, but I love that he never changes who he is and then people inadvertently grow to love and respect him as a result. That's such an important lesson in life too; never change who you are. You may not fit in, but you can find people who will value you, and the bonus is that the people you don't fit in with might actually come round to liking you in time.

I don't really know what else to say since the film itself is the answer to why it is such a fantastic experience. I woul urge anyone who hasn't watched it to do so. I'm so glad I did. Additionally, I loved the reoccurences throughout the film. Forrest going to The White House to meet the president, the assinations being reported, the cutaways to a different person listening to the story on the bench It was just great. This film has also made me realise how amazing Tom Hanks is. He's a superb actor. Potentially one of my favourites actually.

Rating: 9/10
Favourite moment: Forrest reuniting with Jenny at the anti-war rally in Washington, D.C.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:07 PM #265
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

...forgot to mention how brilliant the soundtrack was, and Sally Field is exceptional in her role as Forrest's mother.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:33 PM #266
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Forrest Gump:

Spoiler:

What an incredible film. I was reluctant to watch it because I had no idea it was so long. Every minute was valuable though. The film is so beautiful and so clever, and Forrest is such an adorable character. I adored his relationships (with his Mother, Jenny, Bubba & Lieutenant Taylor).

It's hard to describe what makes the film so amazing, but the storytelling is just incredible. It's great that Forrest is the one narrating his own life story, which is actually the answer to what makes it so incredible. I loved the beginning and the iconic quote of "Life's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.", which is somewhat arguable since most people know what chocolates they get in a selection box but everyone knows what the idiom implies so whatever

I like that Forrest is such an extraordinary character that doesn't necessarily fit in, but I love that he never changes who he is and then people inadvertently grow to love and respect him as a result. That's such an important lesson in life too; never change who you are. You may not fit in, but you can find people who will value you, and the bonus is that the people you don't fit in with might actually come round to liking you in time.

I don't really know what else to say since the film itself is the answer to why it is such a fantastic experience. I woul urge anyone who hasn't watched it to do so. I'm so glad I did. Additionally, I loved the reoccurences throughout the film. Forrest going to The White House to meet the president, the assinations being reported, the cutaways to a different person listening to the story on the bench It was just great. This film has also made me realise how amazing Tom Hanks is. He's a superb actor. Potentially one of my favourites actually.

Rating: 9/10
Favourite moment: Forrest reuniting with Jenny at the anti-war rally in Washington, D.C.

Spoiler:

...awww, that moment when he and Jenny were reunited at the war rally was so incredubly touching and emotional....one of my favourites as well, Braden..also because it wasn't actually heard what his 'there is only one thing that I can really say about the war..' ..and ..'that's all I have to say about the war', were.....that somehow built up to the moment of him and Jenny's meeting again...also funny that the crowd couldn't hear him at all, yet were still totally silent and mesmerised by him..that's how much he captivated people.....

...for your pleasure, Braden...

Old 06-06-2016, 12:41 PM #267
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
Spoiler:

...awww, that moment when he and Jenny were reunited at the war rally was so incredubly touching and emotional....one of my favourites as well, Braden..also because it wasn't actually heard what his 'there is only one thing that I can really say about the war..' ..and ..'that's all I have to say about the war', were.....that somehow built up to the moment of him and Jenny's meeting again...also funny that the crowd couldn't hear him at all, yet were still totally silent and mesmerised by him..that's how much he captivated people.....

...for your pleasure, Braden...

Spoiler:

I loved it so much, Ammi. Thank you for posting that video The whole scene was so Forrest-centered that I was shocked when Jenny ran through the Reflecting Pool. It was just so lovely, and I adore that Jenny changed so many times throughout her life but Forrest (somewhat) stayed the same and she still loved him regardless of who/where she was at the time.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:58 PM #268
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Spoiler:

I loved it so much, Ammi. Thank you for posting that video The whole scene was so Forrest-centered that I was shocked when Jenny ran through the Reflecting Pool. It was just so lovely, and I adore that Jenny changed so many times throughout her life but Forrest (somewhat) stayed the same and she still loved him regardless of who/where she was at the time.
Spoiler:

...oh another favourite moment..(there are too, too many..)..was the ending when little Forrest got on the school bus and it was still the same driver../and he introduced himself.....
Old 06-06-2016, 01:12 PM #269
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Sorry Ive been busy working so might have to give this one a miss and watch the next one. I have seen Forest Gump before.

What is the next film anyway?

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:13 PM #270
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
Spoiler:

...oh another favourite moment..(there are too, too many..)..was the ending when little Forrest got on the school bus and it was still the same driver../and he introduced himself.....
Spoiler:

That was a great touch too. I loved the white feather floating to Forrest's feet like it did at the beginning. You're so right though. There are too many great moments throughout the film. It truly is a classic

The amount times I said "Run Forrest, run!" was quite amusing
Old 06-06-2016, 06:17 PM #271
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Forrest Gump: The review-
Spoiler:

I had all sorts of quotes and moments I loved typed up...but I clicked something and they disappeared
But I think it's for the best because at the end of it all I became introspective anyways. I was kind of dreading rewatching this... I don't know why though, I have seen it at least half a dozen times now, and still I forget how magical some of the moments are. But my perspective of the movie changes each time. This time, I was really struck by Forrest's simplistic loyalty and love for the people in his life. It made me wish I had that... but I think my life has been as rocked around as Jenny's and I envy her having Forrest for the whole time... and am sad she only got her **** together near the end to realize it. It is a beautiful and witty and flawlessly done movie on every level
9.5/10 for me
Old 07-06-2016, 05:57 AM #272

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
Forrest Gump: The review-
Spoiler:

I had all sorts of quotes and moments I loved typed up...but I clicked something and they disappeared
But I think it's for the best because at the end of it all I became introspective anyways. I was kind of dreading rewatching this... I don't know why though, I have seen it at least half a dozen times now, and still I forget how magical some of the moments are. But my perspective of the movie changes each time. This time, I was really struck by Forrest's simplistic loyalty and love for the people in his life. It made me wish I had that... but I think my life has been as rocked around as Jenny's and I envy her having Forrest for the whole time... and am sad she only got her **** together near the end to realize it. It is a beautiful and witty and flawlessly done movie on every level
9.5/10 for me
This happened to me too i thought it was just me hitting the wrong key on the keyboard
Old 07-06-2016, 05:59 AM #273

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I'll echo what DTM has asked......any suggestions for the next film?

I'll suggest One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Old 07-06-2016, 06:26 AM #274
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I don't mind so will go with whatever is suggested, Ruby and Jon...
Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 AM #275
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I'll suggest Top Gun

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
classic, club, movie, tibb