Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:28 AM #101
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I've deleted almost 40 posts in here, next time I'm just going to close the thread. Can you all please just try and stick to the topic and not eachother? Thanks.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 04-05-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:26 AM #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
The left is no more or less anti-Semitic than any other section of society. Whilst I agree that such behaviour should be challenged wherever it rears its ugly head, why now... just days before the elections?

Because despite all their efforts, the right wing media are looking at being proved massively wrong on Thursday as Corbyn's popularity energises the Labour party for the first time in a generation, so this issue has been shoved in everyone's faces as a final last desperate attempt at smearing a party which has less racism all round than the Tories.

Sure
but its not Expected within
the all loving Labour Party
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:26 PM #103
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Sorry but Diane's statement that 'it's a smear on Labour party members to say that the party has a problem with anti-semitism' contradicts the whole tough stance they are supposed to be taking on the matter. I thought they accepted that there was a problem by launching this inquiry? I thought they accepted there was a problem when they launched an inquiry into anti-semitism in student Labour organisations earlier in the year? I thought they accepted there was a problem when they suspended Naz Shah and the several others in recent months who have made flagrantly anti-semitic comments?

Apparently not, according to Diane. We're back to the sticking our fingers in our ears denial of anti-semitism in the party. It's all just one big 'smear' against the membership. Yeah, great interview.
Diane Abbott, the world's most disingenuous woman, demonstrating that Labour are paying lip service, and that's all.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:02 PM #104
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It is smear, even the Jewish author whose map triggered the whole issue says it's smear :/
Old 04-05-2016, 04:52 PM #105
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

The anti-semitism issue itself may not be a smear,there are clearly 2 instances that have been started to be dealt with and which will be looked at further as to if the offending 2 in particular should even remain in the party.
As will be the case for anyone who is found to have 'possibly' anti-semitic views and be then proven to have.

That is the right course of action and everyone should be, and particularly those in public life,be careful of what they say and the terminology they use when saying things too,or what they accuse others of being too, this has to go both ways.

Not every comment unpleasant to the Jewish community is likely to be anti-semitic in fact.
So hopefully too 'real'anti-semitism that wishes the Jews or the Jewish Nation harm will be rooted out if it exists and get eradicated because no one who holds that view should be in any UK party,it would be a pity they were even in the UK at all.

It is not lip service to set up an inquiry and the person chairing it is formidable,she will not brush things under any carpets for sure.
If any evidence is there to find and is found, then the judgement of this inquiry will be reserved by myself until it is completed.
There would have been a far greater outcry had Labour not held an inquiry and rightly so to.

On to Corbyn, I do feel he maybe does not see how there may be a problem with some minority,he seems'vacant' at times on this issue but no way do I believe him to be anti-semitic.
He does however seem to need a shake on this and be more passionate in his condemnation of the issue and determination to root it out once and for all.

As to the smear charge,the issue is there, not on the scale I think those who are just dead against Labour and the left generally are saying they think it is.
I also do think parts of the media and also those who have never accepted Corbyn's leadership victory,plus also those who just hate Corbyn anyway,who then are using this in part to smear him and the whole party if they can too.

Tory press digging any comments it can,while not waiting for the inquiry to do its work and see what it comes back with.
In that I agreed with Diane Abbott, which is rare for me, that this issue is being hijacked in part by those who just want Corbyn gone.

Really however,it has to be sorted out because it is now seeming from what some have said to me these last couple of days while out canvassing.
'Well just what can anyone say about Israel or the Jewish community, if they disagree with them and are angry at them for any reason, that will not be seen as being anti-semitic'?.
After these events,I gave the only answer I could, I now myself no longer know for sure,for me it was about other things than just pathetic and ignorant off the cuff comments that cause offence but which in 'intent' meant no real harm to the Jews or Israel.

That on this showing, no longer seems to be the case, much more it appears has to be watched as to what is said now, so I answered I don't know now but hopefully we will in time get better outlines of where the barriers are as to 'real' anti-semitism and indeed to all forms of racism too while they are at it.

Last edited by joeysteele; 04-05-2016 at 09:15 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:42 AM #106
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
It is smear, even the Jewish author whose map triggered the whole issue says it's smear :/
Oh well... it must be then. All the Jews (and non-Jews for that matter) who think it's disgusting and insulting must be wrong.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:45 AM #107
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Ah well, we can't all be right all the time....except me obv.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:00 PM #108

lets understand this, that, the labour party, is way too far left, and religious extremists have been creeping into the power, and it shows that there is something very wrong with that party, they seem to think that playing the two sided coin politics, gives them more votes, no party can just say, we love this religion, but the other we hate with passion, labour gets its large money donations from rich jews, so where will the party get its money if those rich jews, turn there backs on them.
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antisemitism, israel, ken, labour, livingstone, mp, naz, party, peoples, put, row, shah, suspended, usa