Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-05-2016, 10:58 PM #51
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
he also thanked women, men, veterans, Mexican immigrants etc etc love your selective memory and biased editing
But why mention the level of people education. It was an odd thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
But then so what really. That was more of a dig at categorising people in that way to suggest they're not capable of making their own decision. Having a university education doesn't mean your opinion is more valid after all. And ultimately the only thing that matters is 'a vote is a vote', whatever your background.
Ask him that. He was the one who said 'I love the poorly educated' and “We won with poorly educated,” not me. Again, why single out that group for special mention?

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 11:03 PM #52
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
Ask him that. He was the one who said 'I love the poorly educated' and “We won with poorly educated,” not me. Again, why single out that group for special mention?
Well he was basically just reciting the demographic groups that he had been told he was doing well with, was quite a humorous comment really
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 11:09 PM #53
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well he was basically just reciting the demographic groups that he had been told he was doing well with, was quite a humorous comment really
If its was a joke then clearly Trumps humour is too subtle for me. Particularly when his campaign has taken the stance its taken. I've watched his shows, his humour isn't that subtle.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 26-05-2016, 11:10 PM #54
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

The Donald does not have to intend it as a joke for it to be humorous
Old 26-05-2016, 11:11 PM #55
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The Donald does not have to intend it as a joke for it to be humorous
Very true.

Quote:
Old 26-05-2016, 11:12 PM #56
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

I actually bought this yesterday, I can lend it to you sometime Girth

Old 26-05-2016, 11:13 PM #57
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

You paid actual money for that?

Quote:
Old 26-05-2016, 11:16 PM #58
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Ł4.50, worth every penny
Old 26-05-2016, 11:18 PM #59
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Give us a few of the best ones.

Ł4.50 eh

Quote:
Old 26-05-2016, 11:28 PM #60
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

The Donald on gay marriage: 'It's like in golf a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive...Its weird, you see these great players with these really long putters, because they can't sink three-footers anymore. And I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay but I am a traditionalist'

'I dealt with Gaddafi. I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for a whole year and then I didn't let him use the land. That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed' but I screwed him'

On overseas aid: 'We go overseas, we build a school, we build a road, they blow up the school, we build another school, we build another road, they blow them up again. In the meantime we can't get a ****ing school in Brooklyn'

Also a few rantings about how he wants more global warming because hes too cold

Thankfully I am early in the book and have many words of wisdom to come across yet

Last edited by MTVN; 26-05-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Old 26-05-2016, 11:31 PM #61
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The Donald on gay marriage: 'It's like in golf a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive...Its weird, you see these great players with these really long putters, because they can't sink three-footers anymore. And I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay but I am a traditionalist'

'I dealt with Gaddafi. I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for a whole year and then I didn't let him use the land. That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed' but I screwed him'

On overseas aid: 'We go overseas, we build a school, we build a road, they blow up the school, we build another school, we build another road, they blow them up again. In the meantime we can't get a ****ing school in Brooklyn'

Thankfully I am early in the book and have many words of wisdom to come across yet

Only $4.50 you say. Might get a copy after all.

Quote:
Old 26-05-2016, 11:34 PM #62
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Officials say Hillary didnt ask for clearance for her 'private' server while Sos and if she had applied it would have been denied. There may be no story here at all but it has been confirmed she has deleted tens of thousands of e-mails from the server.

Again, the Clintons look like they're hiding something.

Quote:
Old 27-05-2016, 12:07 AM #63

Trump has accepted Bernie's challenge to a debate and actually came across very well doing so tbf.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 01:40 AM #64
User banned

User banned

Quote:

the mans a genius
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 07:45 PM #65
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Excellent video. The Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Shultz has been talking a lot of sh*t about violence at Bernies Nevada rally that we now know not to be true. Debbie Wasserman Shultz is a known Hillary Clinton supporter who was a part of her staff during her run in 2008. Good to see some sections of the media reporting how the DNC establishment have shut out Bernie and have tried to discredit him with every opportunity.

Quote:

Last edited by GiRTh; 29-05-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 29-05-2016, 07:52 PM #66
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Thousands Call on DNC to Oust 'Corporatist Tool' Wasserman Schultz

Quote:
More than 40,000 people have signed a petition calling on the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to remove embattled chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who has faced increasing criticism over her leadership of the party in the 2016 election cycle.

The petition, organized by the grassroots group RootsAction.org, castigates Wasserman Schultz for what the group describes as an attempt to "minimize competition for her candidate Hillary Clinton" and for her actions in U.S. Congress as "a pro-militarist and corporatist tool of the high bidders."

"The head of one of the two big political parties in the United States is trying to choose its nominee by reducing input from voters," the petition states, charging that Wasserman Schultz blocked the Bernie Sanders campaign from accessing its own voter files.

RootsAction.org co-founder Norman Solomon said Sunday, "Wasserman Schultz has become a key operative and symbol of aversion to democracy at the top of the Democratic Party. Her removal as chair of the national party is necessary—though certainly insufficient—to shift the momentum in a positive direction."

Co-founder Jeff Cohen added, "The results, thus far, have been bad from the perspective of Wasserman Schultz's own party, including domination of the media's extensive election coverage by the other big party."

Cohen also noted that as polls continue to show that Sanders is the most formidable candidate against the presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump, the DNC may only be hurting itself by tamping down the Vermont senator's campaign.

"Another result has been reduced exposure for the Democratic candidate polling strongest against Republican rivals, Bernie Sanders," Cohen said.

The petition circulates as top Democratic Party insiders reportedly continue to discuss whether Wasserman Schultz has become "too toxic" to remain as DNC chair—and whether she should be removed before this summer's nominating convention in Philadelphia.

"There's a strong sentiment that the current situation is untenable and can only be fixed by her leaving," a senior Democratic aide told The Hill last week. "There's too much water under the bridge for her to be a neutral arbiter."
LINK

Quote:

Last edited by GiRTh; 29-05-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 29-05-2016, 08:57 PM #67
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post

Excellent video. The Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Shultz has been talking a lot of sh*t about violence at Bernies Nevada rally that we now know not to be true. Debbie Wasserman Shultz is a known Hillary Clinton supporter who was a part of her staff during her run in 2008. Good to see some sections of the media reporting how the DNC establishment have shut out Bernie and have tried to discredit him with every opportunity.
I've just watched the video and i now love him even more and want Donald to win. He will make such a huge difference to the USA in a very positive way 100%.
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 12:41 AM #68
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Another excellent vid.

I was not aware there were only 4 debates between the Democratic candidates sanctioned by the DNC in this Primary election cycle. Usually there are 15-20, as the Republicans had, and in 2008 there were more than 25 Tv debates between Obama and Hillary. Why so few?

I think its clear from that stat alone some people in the DNC didnt want too much exposure for all the candidates.

Quote:

Last edited by GiRTh; 30-05-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Old 30-05-2016, 07:27 AM #69
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..some interesting vids, Girth...there was Hilary playing the establishment game and Trump playing the media game and Bernie just being true to his values and not playing any game at all, yet still the need to discredit him...I don't guess that Debbie Wasserman Schultz cares about the petition though or that her bias is being shown because isn't her term up soon..?...(I don't actually know much about her../her political background so I'll research a little..)...

Last edited by Ammi; 30-05-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 07:55 AM #70
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Bernies said he's going to fire her if he becomes President. Sadly I dont think he'll get the chance as the common consensus is, due to her ties to the Clintons, she'll be a major part of a Clinton administration.

Quote:
Old 30-05-2016, 05:16 PM #71
User banned

User banned

How the hell could anyone vote hilary over bernie? It beggars belief

Last edited by the truth; 30-05-2016 at 06:43 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 05:57 PM #72
-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
That was not the same

He had Evil Gas Chambers
and filled them with Evil Gas,
Murdering millions
in secret , at first.
Evil Master Plan
The holocaust was the last thing he did to the Jews.. At first he made their lives miserable little by little by doing stuff like the badges and also Kristallnacht.
It wasn't 'at first' at all!
T* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:13 PM #73
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

North Korea says Trump isn't screwy at all, a wise choice for president

North Korea praises Trump and urges US voters to reject 'dull Hillary'

Kim Jong Un is a Trump supporter and cant wait for him to become President. As if there wasn't already enough good reasons for The Donald to never ever get the job.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2016, 08:35 PM #74
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Excellent video.

Love the way she quietly makes her case against the patronising pundits and interviewer.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2016, 06:02 AM #75
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Yahne Ndgo, how simply she puts it all.....people not trusting Hilary has 'unfortunately been her biggest vulnerability'.....hmmm, it's a pretty darn big 'vulnerability' and huge flaw/issue for someone who may become president of the USA, one of the most powerful figures in the world...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lead, nationwide, takes, trump