Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-05-2007, 02:20 PM #51

No doubt there are people who abuse the system - isn't it the same with everything though? It's easy to judge someone when you've never trodden in their footsteps. I personally support the right of every woman to choose. There are too many unwanted children in the world already - and I don't buy the 'adoption' argument. The amount of children hoping to be adopted - who never will be - is huge.

Incidentally, sometimes you can do everything right - take all the precautions in the world, and STILL become pregnant. Is it fair to the baby if the mother is unable to cope, financially or emotionally? Is it right to bring a child into the world under those circumstances?

It's not fair to say that if someone gets drunk and pregnant, then they are a slag. Are they a slag if they get drunk and have sex, but don't get pregnant? If you think they are being that irresponsible, do you really think they would make good parents?
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 06:04 PM #52

Abortion (Slaughter) for social convenience which is what most abortions are is a policy that Adolf Hitler would have been proud of.

We won the war did we.........!!!! I have to wonder as we have sadistic evil policies that have and will kill far more than Hitler could have dreamed of.

Abortion should be strictly for survival reasons if the mother life is in danger or the baby is known to have major health problems then the mother with advice from the medical world should be allowed to decide,

Slaughtering the unborn for any other reason is murder and murder on a scale far greater than Hitler ever dreamed of.....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 07:55 AM #53

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
Abortion (Slaughter) for social convenience which is what most abortions are is a policy that Adolf Hitler would have been proud of.

We won the war did we.........!!!! I have to wonder as we have sadistic evil policies that have and will kill far more than Hitler could have dreamed of.

Abortion should be strictly for survival reasons if the mother life is in danger or the baby is known to have major health problems then the mother with advice from the medical world should be allowed to decide,

Slaughtering the unborn for any other reason is murder and murder on a scale far greater than Hitler ever dreamed of.....
Well, I sure hope the view from up there on the moral high ground is nice.

People have abortions for all sorts of reasons. Many women are terrified, desperate and alone. Likening them to Hitler does not help anybody - that in itself is cruel and un-necessary, and not to mention that it is a ridiculous comparison.

I'm very surprised actually - I certainly never thought that the most offensive post I ever read on this forum would be one of yours.

Have to smile at the irony of a post that slates abortion, but then deems it okay, if the baby has severe health problems. So what you're saying is that abortion is cruel unless somebody deems the baby imperfect enough to be subject of an abortion?
Old 17-05-2007, 11:16 AM #54

"So what you're saying is that abortion is cruel unless somebody deems the baby imperfect enough to be subject of an abortion?" I totally agree. That is more Hitler like than having a choice.

I am pro choice. How anyone can use terms like murders and slaughter is beyond me.

Can I ask, the people who are against it. Are you religious?

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Should the man have say? After all, it is half his.
Dr43%er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 11:18 AM #55

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr43%er
"So what you're saying is that abortion is cruel unless somebody deems the baby imperfect enough to be subject of an abortion?" I totally agree. That is more Hitler like than having a choice.

I am pro choice. How anyone can use terms like murders and slaughter is beyond me.

Can I ask, the people who are against it. Are you religious?

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Should the man have say? After all, it is half his.
I am not religious at all! And a man should have a say in it but at the end of the day it is the womens body she will be carrying a baby around in for 9 months, so it should be her choice.

I mean I found out I was pregnant on Monday and the Father of the Baby told me to 'Get Rid' straight away. I told him where he could stick that idea of course.
Ella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 11:21 AM #56
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I'm Pro-choice. A woman can do what she like to her body and if she wants an abortion then she should be allowed to have it.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 11:28 AM #57

I agree with Pro-choice, nobody should take away a right over my body. However, I dont agree with people using abortions like a controceptive. Some people have had several and there should be a number that you should only be allowed to have.
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 11:30 AM #58

I read somewhere that a women can only have 3 abortions, after that she cant have kids anymore, so its quite shocking that women are doing this just because they couldn't be bothered using a condom.
Old 17-05-2007, 11:32 AM #59

But some people do that...... not sure about the 3 rule.... its good if thats true
Old 17-05-2007, 11:35 AM #60

I think its true..I read it somewhere. I mean after 3 they can't concieve full stop. Even with Fertility treatment. I am going to see if I can get any more infomation on that.
Old 17-05-2007, 11:40 AM #61

I guess its like a DNC.
Old 17-05-2007, 11:41 AM #62

I would never dream of telling some on to get rid but if they got rid without talking to me I would be upset. After all it is half mine.

Going off on a slight tangent. For those who say the man should have no say as it is her body, how do you feel about the case where the only chance for the woman to have kids is with her ex's and hers embryo that has been stored and he is saying no. Does her perceived right (I don't see it as a right) to a baby out way his right not to become a farther?
Old 17-05-2007, 11:43 AM #63

Quote:
I would never dream of telling some on to get rid but if they got rid without talking to me I would be upset. After all it is half mine.

Going off on a slight tangent. For those who say the man should have no say as it is her body, how do you feel about the case where the only chance for the woman to have kids is with her ex's and hers embryo that has been stored and he is saying no. Does her perceived right (I don't see it as a right) to a baby out way his right not to become a farther?
But surely if they are Ex's and the Man is saying no then legally it can't happen anyway without the Mans consent?
Old 17-05-2007, 11:51 AM #64

Quote:
Originally posted by Ella
I think its true..I read it somewhere. I mean after 3 they can't concieve full stop. Even with Fertility treatment. I am going to see if I can get any more infomation on that.
That's not true.

And yes, I think the father should have a say.
Old 17-05-2007, 11:52 AM #65

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
Quote:
That's not true.

And yes, I think the father should have a say.
How do you know its not true? Can you post some sources on that please...and I didnt say it WAS true, I just said I read it somewhere...
Old 17-05-2007, 12:07 PM #66

Well I did just type a 3000 word essay on human rights and where it could go if she won, but it disappeared and i cant be arsed again.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:11 PM #67

Quote:
Well I did just type a 3000 word essay on human rights and where it could go if she won, but it disappeared and i cant be arsed again.
Lol noo i wasn't on about you! I was talking about Ruth..she seems preety sure that what I read was wrong, I was just asking for proof.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:28 PM #68

I am very pro-choice, but I wouldnt have one myself. Even talking about abortion makes me hug my bump..... But I dont think it should be legal up to 24 week...... thats just too late in my opinion
Old 17-05-2007, 12:37 PM #69

Yeah knowing that some women actually can give birth to perfectly normal babies at 24 weeks, It makes me sick to think some women have abortions at that late stage
Old 17-05-2007, 12:52 PM #70

That raises the scenario where you have two wards in the same hospital - one battling to save a 21 week old foetus, and the other aborting it...
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 12:56 PM #71

Quote:
Originally posted by Ash
That raises the scenario where you have two wards in the same hospital - one battling to save a 21 week old foetus, and the other aborting it...
Yeah exactly. There needs to be a new law about that surely. Because to me that's just inhumane..
Old 17-05-2007, 01:13 PM #72

I think it depends on the indiviadual circumstances.. personally though I wouldn't do it..
Diablo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 01:49 PM #73

Quote:
Quote:
Lol noo i wasn't on about you! I was talking about Ruth..she seems preety sure that what I read was wrong, I was just asking for proof.
I'm speaking from experience. Not my own, I hasten to add.
My best friend at college had three abortions over ten years (which I was shocked by). I went to the abortion clinic with her for one of them, and was talking to another girl there, who was on her fourth abortion, which rather suggests that she was able to get pregnant after the third.

And I wasn't trying to be argumentative either, which you seem to think I might have been. I was on my way out when I posted my last post, so had to keep it quick.

Personally I believe that if someone has had three abortions, there are obviously issues which need to be addressed somewhere. I don't believe in abortion as an alternative to contraception.
Old 17-05-2007, 01:53 PM #74
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

I think a woman is allowed three abortions but if she gets pregnant again she will not be granted one.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 01:59 PM #75

The girl at the clinic had definitely had four, or to clarify, she was there for her fourth one. But this was a few years ago. I have just been googling like crazy and can find anything to suggest that after three abortions a woman can't concieve. As I said earlier, I know someone who has had two children after having had three abortions.

All the articles I can find have said that an abortion does not affect fertility at all (unless there is some complication of course).

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abortion, debate, serious