Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-07-2007, 07:11 PM #126

thats not always the case at all though.

From nine to to 24 weeks - medical or drug treatments can be used at any stage of pregnancy, but the process takes longer later in pregnancy and you will need to come into hospital and may need to stay.

From five to 15 weeks - the pregnancy can be removed through a tube placed through the vagina into the cervix. This is called a suction termination and can be done as a day case, avoiding a hospital stay. This may be done under sedation, local anaesthetic or a light general anaesthetic.

From 15 to 19 weeks - it may be necessary to stretch the cervix to empty the womb, which usually means that a light general anaesthetic is required.
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 03:23 PM #127

Favourites (more):
BB13: Scott
BB12: Louise

Favourites (more):

Sorry Sunny but I dont know why you keep saying its not the case at all,when it is. There may be exceptions in some cases but generally at 15 weeks you will have tablets inserted to induce you and you will then deliver in a process very similar to normal birth with no anaesthetic. That is the case.
LovelyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 04:09 PM #128

Quote:
Originally posted by LovelyL
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01

If the abortion is being carried out after eight weeks then it will be under a general anaesthetic in which case permission may be required from your parents if you are under 16.

If you are under 16 weeks it wont be done under general anaesthetic, you will be induced and have to deliver it like a normal birth
You need to make your mind up with what you say LovelyL. You said here if you are "under" 14/15 weeks which is what I have responded to! so the responses I have given are based on FACTS regarding abortions UNDER 15 weeks. Now you are saying over 15 weeks.
Old 30-07-2007, 07:34 PM #129

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I never said if you are under 14/15 weeks, I said if you are under 16 weeks. I said if you are 15 weeks that method will usually be used and you said thats not the case at all and I know that it is. I never once said if you are UNDER 15 weeks I said if you ARE 15 weeks.
Old 31-07-2007, 06:19 AM #130

Under 15 weeks, the suction method (horrible name) is generally used. However, if someone is really early on (I think it's under 9 weeks, but I'm not sure), they can give you a tablet to induce a miscarriage.

More info...

http://www.efc.org.uk/Foryoungpeople...ortion/Methods
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 09:25 AM #131

LovelyL if you are under 15 weeks the suction method will be used, I have said that twice now Ruth has told you it, we have both left links.

Altering your posts wont change the facts, you said Under 16 weeks a woman would be made to go through Labour and that is NOT the case anyone under 15 weeks will be offered the suction method, (under 15 weeks is still under 16 weeks), I am confusing myself here.

If you are so certain that a woman UNDER 16 weeks has to go through labour post a link to a site that will tell us that, I think you will struggle though as you are wrong.
Old 31-07-2007, 05:43 PM #132

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I haven't altered anything.You can check all my posts. I said at 15 weeks that method will be used and 15 weeks is under 16 weeks. I didnt say any stage under 16 weeks. I dont really care about links tbh and I wont struggle because I know for a fact at 15 weeks that method is most likely to be used. I have u2u you.
Old 31-07-2007, 06:01 PM #133

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by LovelyL
Quote:

If the abortion is being carried out after eight weeks then it will be under a general anaesthetic in which case permission may be required from your parents if you are under 16.

If you are under 16 weeks it wont be done under general anaesthetic, you will be induced and have to deliver it like a normal birth
Everybody if this comment has been misunderstood Im sorry, I should have elaborated. I didnt mean at ANY stage under 16 weeks I meant at 15 weeks which is still under 16 weeks, its confusing to put down here but I meant at 15 weeks (which again is still UNDER 16 weeks) the delivery method will be used.
Old 31-07-2007, 07:04 PM #134

makes more sense when you say it like that LovelyL, so you can see where the confusion for myself and Ruth came from!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:07 PM #135

if u were raped then abortion can be an option but there are many women especially teenagers who are aborting babies like it a bloody fashion trend, i saw a newspaper where a girl who was 17 was going for her SIXTH abortion i was WHAT THE ******* it has got to stop cos if your aborting babies when the time comes when your ready for children in alot of cases many women find out that they can't have children plus there are other options such as adoption, if your having unprotected sex then u must suffer the consequences and alot of women are saying that there not ready for a child whe exactly is the time to have a child??? those women should be lucky as many women can't bore children and haven't people heard of the moring after pill and condoms??? ABORTION IZ WRONG!!!
sexy_leigh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:20 PM #136

I'm going to say this one more time, because it seems like people are really having trouble understanding it.

1. All abortions are not the result of unprotected sex. Sometimes you can take all the precautions necessary, and still get pregnant.

2. Will people stop harping on about adoption? There are already far too many children in the care system, and most of the children who hope to be adopted NEVER will be. If all the people who had abortions had kept the children and put them up for adoption, it would just have meant thousands more unwanted children who were going to end up as nothing more than a statistic. Is THAT not cruel?
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:25 PM #137

Abortion is wrong in your opinion, I respect your opinion and do agree that there should be a time to say enough is enough when women are repeatedly having abortions. That said I would hate someone to dictate to me about what I could and could not do with my body. I like the fact that we all have a choice about when to start a family. The morning after pill is all well and good for those who have un-protected sex but many girls and women have sex with contraception and still end up pregnant so that argument falls down at that point.

If women end up infertile following abortion, which is very very rare indeed then it is a risk they take, it is not the abortion that will make you infertile it is generally infection etc..

As for when is the right time, well only the pregnant person knows if they are ready for a child, no-one should have the right to dictate that a woman must continue with a pregnancy. Some women are just never ready to have kids.

Adoption, yeah in an ideal world, but sadly we dont live in an ideal world. Like I said in an earlier post the system in the UK is already at breaking point and sadly many would end up in the care system for their whole lives rather than the picture perfect idea people have that they would go to lovely families and live the dream.

I still stand by pro-choice, I think it is the key, choice!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:29 PM #138

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
I'm going to say this one more time, because it seems like people are really having trouble understanding it.

1. All abortions are not the result of unprotected sex. Sometimes you can take all the precautions necessary, and still get pregnant.

2. Will people stop harping on about adoption? There are already far too many children in the care system, and most of the children who hope to be adopted NEVER will be. If all the people who had abortions had kept the children and put them up for adoption, it would just have meant thousands more unwanted children who were going to end up as nothing more than a statistic. Is THAT not cruel?
I agree - to say 'you can always give the baby up for adoption' makes it sound easy, you could be ruining more than one life by doing that.
Although, not always.
InTheFade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:46 PM #139

Quote:
Originally posted by sexy_leigh
plus there are other options such as adoption ....

.... ABORTION IZ WRONG!!!
So if you would stop abortion, or could stop abortion how many of those unwanted children DO you intend to adopt and raise ?

and how many are you currently taking care of and raising ?
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:30 PM #140

Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Quote:

So if you would stop abortion, or could stop abortion how many of those unwanted children DO you intend to adopt and raise ?

when i am of age which is 21 i am going to adopt, have you got a problem with that???
sexy_leigh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:37 PM #141

I dont think space bandit was saying he had a problem with what you do at 21, he was suggesting that there is more to it than just having them adopted. The system in our country is so complex that many children end up in the care system and moved from carer to carer and home to home as they get older because red tape stops them being adopted.

I dont think that adoption is the issue here though, the issue is that a woman in this country is entitled to make a decision about what she chooses to do with regards to a pregnancy. Why should she be forced to continue with a pregnancy that she does not want, why should she go through the motions and put more expense in terms of health care on an already over burdened system when she simply does not want to.

I hate all these flimsy excuses that women should be more careful, we are all human and all make mistakes in life, so should we forever have to live with a child that is not wanted. I am glad we live in a country that is pro-choice, I am glad that women have the right to make this decision about their own bodies.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:58 PM #142

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Quote:

when i am of age which is 21 i am going to adopt, have you got a problem with that???
Good for you, I hope the child you raise turns out to be a good and decent person and you do an excellent job in that regard.

Yet you would force a woman to go through a pregnancy ?
You would force a woman to give birth ?
You would be happy to create an underclass of unwanted children ?

That is the language of the far right christian fundamentalists and they don't think through the consequences in any rational way.

Education is what is required and common social and personal responsibility and accountability, but even then mistakes happen and nothing is 100% effective except a hysterectomy.

Not laying down the law in what a woman can and cannot with her own body, regardless of your personal feelings on abortion it would not be you forced to carry that child to term.

Educate them don't subjugate them
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:00 PM #143

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

Abortion isnt wrong though. Each situation is different and nobody can judge someoen by having an abortion unless they know teh facts and such. Thats just my opinion
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:14 PM #144

Quote:
Originally posted by OfficialSuperstar
Abortion isnt wrong though. Each situation is different and nobody can judge someoen by having an abortion unless they know teh facts and such. Thats just my opinion
A very responsible opinion as well, you said in 2 lines what we have guffed on about for weeks, I wish I could be as succinct as you lol
Old 09-08-2007, 11:21 PM #145

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by OfficialSuperstar
A very responsible opinion as well, you said in 2 lines what we have guffed on about for weeks, I wish I could be as succinct as you lol
Lol thanks
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:58 PM #146
Banned

Banned

I fully believe in choice, If soemone feels that they need an abortion then who are we to stop them? As long as it's want they want then it's their choice.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 04:11 PM #147

I like babys.

I dont think abortion is good, but too many chavs are having sex and getting pregnant at like 16. Abortion is their only option cos they are immature. You can say its murder etc but put your self in their shoes and you feeel differently.

DONT YOU?

ha

x
James_15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 05:41 PM #148

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I'm sure most people like babies but for some women raising one and actually having one of their own just isnt an option for many different reasons. Not just chavs, any woman, any age, any class should be allowed to choose to have an abortion if it is the absolute right thing to do for them.
Old 14-08-2007, 05:48 PM #149

Quote:
Originally posted by James_15
I like babys.

I dont think abortion is good, but too many chavs are having sex and getting pregnant at like 16. Abortion is their only option cos they are immature. You can say its murder etc but put your self in their shoes and you feeel differently.

DONT YOU?

ha

x
Not only Chavs have abortions, like LovelyL says people from every walk of life make the decision not to continue with a pregnancy for whatever reason.

Not all 16 year olds are chavs either and many that do get pregnant at 16 go on to have their babies and make good parents.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abortion, debate, serious