Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-06-2016, 09:52 AM #51

You only have to look at the political persuasion of those being abusive about Eddie to see that their opinion has very little credibility and is based only on the fact that he holds different political beliefs to them.
Pretty childish really. He must of touched a raw nerve and uncovered a few insecurities judging by some of the comments in this thread.

Last edited by billy123; 17-06-2016 at 09:58 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 10:15 AM #52
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Nice first post NOT.
YAS! I loved the 90's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
You only have to look at the political persuasion of those being abusive about Eddie to see that their opinion has very little credibility and is based only on the fact that he holds different political beliefs to them.
Pretty childish really. He must of touched a raw nerve and uncovered a few insecurities judging by some of the comments in this thread.
That combined with the increasingly standard BS position that "only politicians should be taken seriously talking about politics", "only lawyers can talk about the law", "only doctors can talk about health", "only gardeners can talk about plants".

People really like the idea of others staying in their prescribed boxes, I think. Well... as you say... that's the case if they happen to disagree with what they have to say. If they agree then the person who said it suddenly becomes a magnificent expert and the smilies come into play.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 01:54 PM #53
User banned

User banned

he was ignorant and rude as hell simple as that
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 02:31 PM #54
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i've never liked Izzard, so I'm just not interested in anything he has to say, whether he agrees with me on the EU or not.
Same here.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 06:15 PM #55

eddie izzard fails to understand, that every british politican does nothing for the ordinary brit, and that eveytime they bring up housing, jobs, and other things, they are dismissed, as intolerant, or lied to, by slimy mps, and councillors, who are only there to fill their pockets, I feel that eddie will never listen to the ordinary in the street, who suffer because of what the EU has done to this country, the younger generation have no future in this country.
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 07:52 PM #56
User banned

User banned

hes a liar too, this idiot izzard was demanding we drop the pound and join the euro in 2001 and accused anyone who didnt agree of being a xenophobic little englander , no doubt hinting at being racist with the usual reverse racism accusations, what a twat. he also denied this on question time which was a big fat lie. heres the proof hes a liar...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/1736151.stm and here he denies ever saying it...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ll-Brexit.html he thinks hes a genius progressive person because he does **** stand up in 2 languages and wants a one world government where who hold hands singing the european anthem. one world government means the one percent control the whole planet, twat

Last edited by the truth; 17-06-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 17-06-2016, 11:57 PM #57

eddie should see what happened, to russell brand when he tried to play the voters minds, by saying don't vote, and a few days before the election, he said on youtube, to vote for labour, and people caught on in his phoney bullsh't, and now we don't see him on tv, debating about the eu remain or exit vote, I mean eddie going on about helping 7 billion people, in some wishy washy way, like the way corbyn tells the working class that he really care's about them.
Old 18-06-2016, 05:51 PM #58
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire View Post
eddie should see what happened, to russell brand when he tried to play the voters minds, by saying don't vote, and a few days before the election, he said on youtube, to vote for labour, and people caught on in his phoney bullsh't, and now we don't see him on tv, debating about the eu remain or exit vote, I mean eddie going on about helping 7 billion people, in some wishy washy way, like the way corbyn tells the working class that he really care's about them.
So who does care about the working class? (serious question)
Old 18-06-2016, 06:07 PM #59
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):

I agree 100% Corbyn doesn't give a toss about the working class.

Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2016, 08:07 PM #60
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
So who does care about the working class? (serious question)
no one. europe is a massive corporate takeoever of all small busiensses and public services. the goal of free movement was never discussed in any manifesto it was forced upon the masses to drive down wages across europe.....many uk jobs are advertised in foreign nations only in order to get cheap labour, even if they pay minimum wage they simply deduct exorbitant rents and transport from the workers. its a corporate carve up it really is as plain on the nose on my face
Old 18-06-2016, 08:57 PM #61
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Oh right because I thought the whole reasoning behind Corbyns decision to remain focused on workers rights?...
What have any other politician had to say regarding those? I haven't heard anyone else mention them to be honest.
Old 19-06-2016, 05:20 AM #62
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Oh right because I thought the whole reasoning behind Corbyns decision to remain focused on workers rights?...
What have any other politician had to say regarding those? I haven't heard anyone else mention them to be honest.
he talks about it thats all, what use is that? hes voted in as a man for the workers and for nationalisation and anti eu, then in power he immediately does a massive flip flop and now after 39 years of being anti eu, he suddenly fully supports the pro corporation eu? its amazing. the guy has let everyone down
Old 19-06-2016, 01:46 PM #63
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

He has explained his concerns regarding TTIP and the retention of workers rights, what is bojos explanation for flip flopping?
Old 19-06-2016, 01:49 PM #64
User banned

User banned

Quote:
He has explained his concerns regarding TTIP and the retention of workers rights, what is bojos explanation for flip flopping?
he has barley mentioned ttip or corporate corruption or the unelected commission or the neo liberal takeover. corbyn has bottled everything
Old 19-06-2016, 02:07 PM #65
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
he has barley mentioned ttip or corporate corruption or the unelected commission or the neo liberal takeover. corbyn has bottled everything
yep he's mentioned it at every interview.
Old 19-06-2016, 02:43 PM #66
User banned

User banned

Quote:
yep he's mentioned it at every interview.
no he hasnt ....hes deflected and blamed everything on the tories austerity....hes bene pitifully vague and weak and totally contradicted his so called lifelong anti eu elitist stance
Old 19-06-2016, 03:40 PM #67
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

He has, post me an interview where he hasn't. Austerity is a totally separate debate to the EU.
Old 19-06-2016, 03:55 PM #68
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Corbyn has spent the best part of 40 years wanting out of the EU and now he does a complete U turn and wants to remain in the EU. Not exactly the kind of person you want in charge of the country is it.
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:05 PM #69
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyuk123 View Post
Corbyn has spent the best part of 40 years wanting out of the EU and now he does a complete U turn and wants to remain in the EU. Not exactly the kind of person you want in charge of the country is it.
Well yes he has been honest and very frank about his reasonings behind his misgivings namely TTIP.
What are bojos reasons for his change of heart he was firmly for remain a couple of years ago, now he wants us to be like America and pay for the privilege of trading with the EU :/
Old 19-06-2016, 05:28 PM #70

nigel farage is attacked for telling the truth, and he has been telling that truth for a number of years, the hypocrisy of attacking his poster is a very big cheap shot, when the remain poster of a seesaw, with a white person, stereotyped as a skinhead thug, attacking an ethnic minority, offends me, as a white working class lad, because the liberal left think that they can take me for granted, and the sheer arrogance of there snobbery, and refuse to listen to us, eddie and corbyn think that the ordinary brit must suffer the hardships of there arrogant ideologies, calling people who want out of the EUSSR little englanders and racists just shows how petty they are.
Old 19-06-2016, 05:44 PM #71
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Well yes he has been honest and very frank about his reasonings behind his misgivings namely TTIP.
What are bojos reasons for his change of heart he was firmly for remain a couple of years ago, now he wants us to be like America and pay for the privilege of trading with the EU :/
Boris Johnson was even also a strong advocate for Turkey becoming part of the EU, there's even a video of him strongly saying that on you tube.

The point is, a great number of people once really thinking about it are changing their minds.
I have come across loads who voted in in 1975,who are now voting out this time, and the same vice versa.

Once you analyse any situation and have to come to a decision, then you do weigh all up and then declare your new position,which may or may not be different from your previous one.

Corbyn is at best lukewarm to the EU, and on some issues as to the EU so am I.
However like David Cameron, Corbyn has looked at out seriously and has likely not liked what was the picture of that result overall.
He stresses every time he speaks that the EU has to be reformed and he outlines the things he would like the EU to develop into with the UK still in it now.

Very few expected Boris Johnson to come down on the out side,it was widely expected he preferred in, from all he has said before.
Unlike any of the other Politicians,it is in effect Boris who is the hypocrite and false on this issue.
As I have no doubt and even a good number of those in the Conservative party, feel that had Cameron come down on the out side, Boris would now be campaigning to remain in.

Boris just wants to oust the PM in my view and he got the shock of his life, as most did, when Cameron got an overall majority in May last year.
So now Boris is using this EU referendum to further his own ambitions against Cameron,I have really no doubt as to that.

Last edited by joeysteele; 19-06-2016 at 10:27 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 06:39 PM #72
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Boris Johnson was even also a strong advocate for Turkey becoming part of the EU, there's even a video of him strongly saying that on you tube.

The point is, a great number of people once really thinking about it are changing their minds.
I have come across loads who voted in in 1975,who are now voting out this time, and the same vice versa.

Once you analyse any situation and have to come to a decision, then you do weigh all up and then declare your new position,which may or may not be different from your previous one.

Corbyn is at best lukewarm to the EU, and on some issues as to the EU so am I.
However like David Cameron, Corbyn has looked at out seriously and has likely not liked what was the picture of that result overall.
He stresses every time he speaks that the EU has to be reformed and he outlines the things he would like the EU to develop into with the UK still in it now.

Very few expected Boris Johnson to come down on the out side,it was widely expected he preferred in, from all he has said before.
Unlike any of the other Politicians,it is in effect Boris who is the hypocrite and false on this issue.
As I have no doubt and even a good number of those in the Conservatives party, feel that had Cameron come down on the out side, Boris would now be campaigning to remain in.

Boris just wants to oust the PM in my view and he got the shock of his life, as most did, when Cameron got an overall majority in May last year.
So now Boris is using this EU referendum to further his own ambitions against Cameron,I have really no doubt as to that.
corbyn is a coward and a turncoat, he has simply gone against everything he claims to have stood for and sold europe out to the ensuing corporate takeover, the details of which Ive already outlined to you many many times. Boris johnson is irrelevant. hes not leader of any party. IF he goes for leadership then we will thoroughly examine his entire career and credentials. corbyns uturn is the most shocking Ive ever witnessed in my whole life studying politics.
Old 19-06-2016, 07:35 PM #73
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

If anyone were to say they were 100% for or 100% against they would be lying, there are good aspects and bad aspects of being in the EU.
With Labour in charge he may well have advocated leave, yet with the tories in power can they be trusted to take us out and keep our rights in place?... I don't think they can, maybe Mr Corbyn can't either that's why he would rather remain.
Old 19-06-2016, 10:14 PM #74
User banned

User banned

Quote:
If anyone were to say they were 100% for or 100% against they would be lying, there are good aspects and bad aspects of being in the EU.
With Labour in charge he may well have advocated leave, yet with the tories in power can they be trusted to take us out and keep our rights in place?... I don't think they can, maybe Mr Corbyn can't either that's why he would rather remain.
everyone has pretty much gone for 100% on all sides. corbyn hasnt outlined what and how he wants to change the eu and how long it will take, hes barely touched on wages being held down, neo liberalism, , gangmasters ,corporate corruption, obamasa threat, the bankrupt nations across europe, the fact the eu hand picked and replaced the italian government without an election, all time world record levels of unemploment across the eu, the scaremongering that happened with the euro which was a failure, the fishing, the mining costs, the threat of ttip and the eu deal to all our public services and the nhs, uber? the fact eu commissioners leave to join massive corporations theyve just finished regulating for? insider trading, vested interests? the fact the uk has created more jobs in 6 years than the rest of the eu put together? sharia law? the massive rise in sexual assaults on women as immigration rises? the fact the 99.9% of them are young fit men not women and children or disabled? uk jobs advertisied only abroad by gangmasters, illegal immigration, terrorism,

the man is a joke , a spineless charlatan
Old 19-06-2016, 10:20 PM #75
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
everyone has pretty much gone for 100% on all sides. corbyn hasnt outlined what and how he wants to change the eu and how long it will take, hes barely touched on wages being held down, neo liberalism, , gangmasters ,corporate corruption, obamasa threat, the bankrupt nations across europe, the fact the eu hand picked and replaced the italian government without an election, all time world record levels of unemploment across the eu, the scaremongering that happened with the euro which was a failure, the fishing, the mining costs, the threat of ttip and the eu deal to all our public services and the nhs, uber? the fact eu commissioners leave to join massive corporations theyve just finished regulating for? insider trading, vested interests? the fact the uk has created more jobs in 6 years than the rest of the eu put together? sharia law? the massive rise in sexual assaults on women as immigration rises? the fact the 99.9% of them are young fit men not women and children or disabled? uk jobs advertisied only abroad by gangmasters, illegal immigration, terrorism,

the man is a joke , a spineless charlatan
So basically you want him to express how he is going to change the world? While those in power just carry on dismantling what it has taken the blood sweat and tears of hundreds of thousands to build... yeah it's not going to happen, that's not spineless it's just fact.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eddie, izzard, made, question, time, total, twat