Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 20-06-2018, 08:46 PM #476
Namaste

Namaste

Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 08:11 PM #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post

Westworld Twitter is hilarious.

Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 09:45 PM #478
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post

Westworld Twitter is hilarious.

Old 23-06-2018, 12:45 AM #479
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

I'm all caught up for the finale!

Old William bores me to tears but him killing his own daughter was a really shocking moment, might be invested in his story again if he's a host after all! Maeve NEEDS to get out of there as she's the best character (I loved the Shogun World episode btw). Her scene with Ford was great. Been a bit more invested in Dolores as well since she went lowkey mad

I have no idea what's going on in this show most of the time
Ross. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 02:30 PM #480
Banned

Banned

I thought the last episode was pretty good but I just don't see where it can go for three more seasons. That episode, save for the last few scenes, could have been a pretty decent ending.

Spoiler:

I don't know if I really care for any more seasons tbh. They had a good opportunity to bring the story to an end here with Dolores escaping and with the hosts being safe in their own world. I kinda think they might be stretching it out when this season felt a bit stretched out to begin with especially considering that the main players left alive are quite uninteresting.

I definitely won't be watching if Maeve doesn't come back, they strongly hinted that she will be but if she ain't a series regular then I don't care.

I also think the show needs to drop with the screwy timeline ****, it reeks of the writers thinking they are being clever when they are just being obtuse. It's not difficult to follow but it's aggravating to watch. The timeline **** worked well in the first season but in this one it felt needless.

So basically, I liked the episode but it felt like the end of the road for me. I didn't care for the post scene credits at all since I felt it was quite trope ridden. Westworld works best when it focuses on character driven drama, it's falling into the same trap that Sherlock fell into when the writers were more determined to show off how clever they were than focusing on a coherent story with interesting characters.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 02:52 PM #481
Namaste

Namaste

Yeah it felt very much like the end of the show for much of the episode, especially with many of the Hosts basically going to Host Heaven. I loved it for the most part.

The post credits scene felt unnecessary. They've even said that isn't something that will be a primary focus in season 3 but a tease for where the show will head later.

Some big surprises though. Charlotte killing Elsie Charlores killing Charlotte Emily really being dead It'll be interesting to rewatch the present day scenes knowing that Charlotte was Dolores all along.

Sizemore got a good ending with him delivering Hector's long awaited speech. He definitely grew as a character this season, but I'd be lying if I said I'll miss him though, sorry Ross!

The thing I'm most interested in going into season 3 is who did Dolores smuggle out with her. I like to think Angela is currently in the Charlotte Host since she was Dolores' right hand woman during the uprising but she was completely blown up and tbh I'm just still annoyed she died so soon

Last edited by Lostie!; 29-06-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 26-06-2018, 02:55 PM #482
Banned

Banned

Oh, Sizemore's fate bothered me. It was a complete waste and it felt like something that was done for dramatics rather than logic. He didn't need to sacrifice himself like that and it really pulled me out of the scene. It just felt really pointless. Why couldn't he have just run up to them and distract them for a bit while the others got away? It was dumb.

Last edited by Tom4784; 26-06-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 26-06-2018, 03:05 PM #483
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Oh, Sizemore's fate bothered me. It was a complete waste and it felt like something that was done for dramatics rather than logic. He didn't need to sacrifice himself like that and it really pulled me out of the scene. It just felt really pointless. Why couldn't he have just run up to them and distract them for a bit while the others got away? It was dumb.
Yeah that's true tbh and I ended up cringing a little partway through the speech, I just felt it was fitting as the conclusion to his character arc.

One thing I'm growing increasingly jaded with is seeing certain Hosts killed in big dramatic scenes that don't feel all that dramatic because they'll likely be back anyway. Like Maeve, Hector, Armistice and Clementine all dying in this episode, if any stay dead it will be Clementine since she's just a shell at this point anyway. I know the Cradle is gone but I assume Hosts can still be revived if their brain things are still intact.

But I'm a hypocrite because Angela got what seems to be a more permanent death and I'm still hoping she returns Clem too, I was hoping for more insight into her post lobotomy state and there was definitely still some of her old self buried underneath. There's interesting avenues to explore there but apparently we just need more William going on a pointless quest again.

Last edited by Lostie!; 26-06-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 26-06-2018, 03:09 PM #484
Banned

Banned

Yeah, the character decisions in this show are odd. I don't really know how this series could last three more seasons.
Old 26-06-2018, 03:14 PM #485

Quote:
I thought the last episode was pretty good but I just don't see where it can go for three more seasons. That episode, save for the last few scenes, could have been a pretty decent ending.

Spoiler:

I don't know if I really care for any more seasons tbh. They had a good opportunity to bring the story to an end here with Dolores escaping and with the hosts being safe in their own world. I kinda think they might be stretching it out when this season felt a bit stretched out to begin with especially considering that the main players left alive are quite uninteresting.

I definitely won't be watching if Maeve doesn't come back, they strongly hinted that she will be but if she ain't a series regular then I don't care.

I also think the show needs to drop with the screwy timeline ****, it reeks of the writers thinking they are being clever when they are just being obtuse. It's not difficult to follow but it's aggravating to watch. The timeline **** worked well in the first season but in this one it felt needless.

So basically, I liked the episode but it felt like the end of the road for me. I didn't care for the post scene credits at all since I felt it was quite trope ridden. Westworld works best when it focuses on character driven drama, it's falling into the same trap that Sherlock fell into when the writers were more determined to show off how clever they were than focusing on a coherent story with interesting characters.

I think many will come back
as they made more than one robot,
Clever Ending.

Last edited by arista; 26-06-2018 at 03:16 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 07:12 PM #486
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

William is so annoying, how you gonna tell me that this deluded old man can shoot up a whole armed rescue squad and thousands of hi-tech robots

Old 26-06-2018, 09:29 PM #487
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Spoiler:

Pretty much agree with all of this Couldn't have put it better myself
Old 26-06-2018, 09:33 PM #488
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

The finale was WAY too chaotic for a show that wants to drag itself out for a large number of seasons

Kinda wish this show had just ended after the first season tbh, watching has felt like a chore rather than an enjoyment
Old 26-06-2018, 09:38 PM #489
Banned

Banned

It's annoying that they've taken the park out of the equation now as well, they spent so long teasing the different parks and it was all basically for nothing.
Old 26-06-2018, 09:46 PM #490

They tried to do too much and unlike the first season, it didn't pay off. When you're opening up so many different stories and expanding on all these characters, you can't try to tie up the loose ends in the space of half an hour and not have it look like a mess.

This season had a lot more emotionally charged moments which I loved, such as Maeve's daughter, Akecheta and Dolores/Peter and quite a few enjoyable moments overall, but the first season I felt was smoother and had more structure.
Old 26-06-2018, 09:59 PM #491
Banned

Banned

Quote:
They tried to do too much and unlike the first season, it didn't pay off. When you're opening up so many different stories and expanding on all these characters, you can't try to tie up the loose ends in the space of half an hour and not have it look like a mess.

This season had a lot more emotionally charged moments which I loved, such as Maeve's daughter, Akecheta and Dolores/Peter and quite a few enjoyable moments overall, but the first season I felt was smoother and had more structure.
Definitely, It had an overall story that couldn't really hold an entire season but they jammed about two seasons worth of events and developments into it...if that makes sense.

A lot happened and it was messy.
Old 27-06-2018, 11:45 AM #492
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's annoying that they've taken the park out of the equation now as well, they spent so long teasing the different parks and it was all basically for nothing.
Spoiler:

They said something about how they are still going to be exploring the parks “because not all of our favourite characters have escaped” in one of the interviews after the finale

Idk who they’re talking about though
Old 27-06-2018, 11:47 AM #493
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Sizemore’s death was needless but I’m okay with it

If Maeve is not still a leading character in Season 3 though I’M OUT!
Old 27-06-2018, 11:48 AM #494
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

And I quite liked the finale tbh

I think because the pacing can be so frustrating in this show I actually liked having a action filled episode
Old 27-06-2018, 11:51 AM #495
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
The finale was WAY too chaotic for a show that wants to drag itself out for a large number of seasons

Kinda wish this show had just ended after the first season tbh, watching has felt like a chore rather than an enjoyment
A Quantico watch coming instead?
Old 27-06-2018, 11:55 AM #496
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
Spoiler:

They said something about how they are still going to be exploring the parks “because not all of our favourite characters have escaped” in one of the interviews after the finale

Idk who they’re talking about though
Spoiler:

That sounds so messy though. The finale definitely seemed like it was closing the book on the parks so it just feels half baked to bring it back now.

I get the impression that the writers wanted a big game changing finale but have realised in retrospect that they pushed the story too far along too quickly.
Old 27-06-2018, 12:44 PM #497
Namaste

Namaste

Tbh I never felt like this finale was taking Westworld itself out of the equation, especially considering Maeve amongst others are still there.

I think season 3 will have a much bigger focus on the outside world but still follow events happening in the parks too.
Old 27-06-2018, 12:52 PM #498

The scene where Maeve lets her daughter go/Akecheta reunites with Kohana was really quite lovely. Sizemore sacrificing himself so that Maeve could save her daughter was a nice touch but didn't really make much sense considering everybody else were so easily able to escape.
Old 27-06-2018, 01:12 PM #499

Be interesting to find out who's using Charlotte's body as a host now that we know it's no longer Dolores.
Old 29-06-2018, 10:28 PM #500
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Be interesting to find out who's using Charlotte's body as a host now that we know it's no longer Dolores.
After thinking more about this, I don't think any pre existing Host is. I reckon after Dolores got her own body back, she coded a Charlotte personality into the empty Host, so she's like what Bernard is to Arnold.

And she's probably using Charbot to infiltrate Delos, which would be an interesting twist on the plot of the Westworld movie sequel Futureworld, where Delos had important people killed and replaced back in the outside world by robot clones. This time its a robot orchestrating it, using the tactic against Delos.

Am I right in thinking the final scene was the first time the show has played an actual original recording rather than a piano cover? I liked it, gave the ending a really different vibe (and I had no idea it was a Radiohead song until I looked it up because I liked it, nice symmetry with season 1 ending with Radiohead too)

Last edited by Lostie!; 29-06-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2016, 2018, 22nd, 2nd, 4th, april, atlantic, full, hbo, october, premieres, released, renewed, season, sky, spring, trailer, westworld