Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 23-06-2016, 05:35 PM #76
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
If it had been a Conservative, UKIP in fact any MP,I would still have been one for certain who would have expressed the same horror and disgust.

I would certainly too still be calling for any 77 year old man who went to try to help and got stabbed himself, to be given one of the highest awards for doing so.
I'd never even dream of bringing politics into it as to what party the MP was from, my disgust was at the senseless brutal murder of that MP who was another human being.

I think you and others may well have been massively surprised at the response from others,(no need to pre-judge people),even had it been a Conservative or any other MP, because most people wouldn't even think on those lines at the news of such a brutal and cruel end to anyone's life.

I would not for sure,and certainly will not either, want to qualify what award he should get either,for me none is too great in fact.
Also probably the gentleman himself is not even thinking he warrants one himself.

Even less likely would he want any big honour, if he came across people on party lines begrudging him certain ones.
Sick, it is bad enough someone lost their young life so cruelly.
I don't doubt you you for a second, Joey. I know you'd care just as much, no matter who it was. I just know a fair few amount of people who are using this death for their own political agendas and wouldn't give a **** about this if it were someone of a party they despised.
Old 24-06-2016, 06:36 AM #77
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Actually, that was a passing comment, not my main point but still true in my opinion based on countless historic posts on this forum.

What I actually mean, for anyone that's still struggling... Soldiers do acts of bravery in a battle zone regularly, selfless acts that put their own lives at risk. They don't all get the Victoria Cross. And while this man is undoubtedly a hero and should be recognised publically in some way, I don't believe the George Medal is suitable in this case.
What do you have that could be comparable to this to base that spiteful presumption on?
Old 24-06-2016, 08:03 AM #78
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
What do you have that could be comparable to this to base that spiteful presumption on?
You can stop now, Kizzy. I've made myself perfectly clear on this thread. I made a simple statement, my own opinion, and I've had to explain myself over and over and bloody over. I have no intention of saying the same thing again while you pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bernard, cox, cross, george, give, jo, kenny, life, poor, risking, save