Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 23-06-2016, 04:31 PM #1

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
Default Oscar Pistorius

So the other night I was awoken by a really weird sound in my house. It sounded like a strangled animal but wasn't a cat noise. So I turned to the partner and nudged him and said "Did you hear that, wtf was that?" Then the noise sounded again and he got up to investigate. It turned out my son was having a dream that he was changing into a werewolf and was trying to warn us in the dream but all that would come out were yips and howls. Obvs he didn't actually change into a werewolf or there would be globs of Jaxie all over the house.

There have been other times where I've woken up for a wee and it's quite urgent being the middle of the night and the partner hasn't been bed, because you notice that right off when you get up and then the toilet door is closed. I don't actually go for a gun, I usually call out "Hurry up and stop playing candy crush in the toilet in the middle of the night or I'll wee myself!" As you do. (How a bloke can spend so much time in there with the smell is beyond me).

So the above kind of illustrates what I think would be most peoples reactions to a noise in the night. You'd turn over, nudge the person in bed with you and say something like did you hear that, or I think someone is in the house, I'm getting my gun, you get the phone, or lock the door after me, or lets lock ourselves in here with the phone and the gun and wait until the police arrive.

I cannot buy the story that Oscar got out of bed, got a gun, tottered out to the bathroom on stumps and shot through a closed bathroom door 4 times without once turning to Reeva, talking to Reeva, calling out, "Reeva is that you?" And without noticing the bed beside him was empty. It simply makes no sense.

I also think he was laying it on a bit when he tottered round the courtroom on his stumps. He lost his limbs young and he's an athlete, he is probably fairly nimble on them from years of forgetting he was disabled as kids do. I had a family member who lost their legs to diabetes in their forties and he was pretty nimble on his too, he kept up pretty well with his grandchildren and always took his legs off to play with them. But the crunch for me is if you really are that tottery, how did you stand on stumps, shoot a gun four times through a door and not fall over?

I really hope he gets a sentence this time that reflects his crime. He took a life. He took a daughter from a family who loved her. He says in an interview today that he doesn't want to go back to prison, and that Reeva would want him to have a life. I bet Reeva would have wanted to have a life too, to have been a mother and grandmother instead of having her life snatched away by someone who was so cut up by her death he went clubbing while on bail the first time.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 23-06-2016 at 04:44 PM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 04:37 PM #2
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Sure but you live in Kent not a dangerous part of SA lol

Having said that I don't believe his story either. Go to jail you punk. That father crying was heartbreaking.
Old 23-06-2016, 04:40 PM #3
0_o

0_o

His story was ridiculous and how anyone could believe it is completely beyond me. I see he has been moaning on saying Reeva wouldn't want him to suffer or something like that
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 04:52 PM #4

All over the world, there are innocent men (and some women) serving life sentences for murders which they did not commit, and men (and some women) who have been found not guilty of murder which they did commit are free.

Oscar Pistorious is one cold, calculating, evil man who is guilty of First Degree Murder, and if he does escape justice it will be a complete travesty. In my opinion.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 05:20 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Obvs he didn't actually change into a werewolf
That's a relief!

I agree with what your saying though, it's a very difficult story to believe.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras

Last edited by Jamie89; 23-06-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 05:25 PM #6

Favourites:

Favourites:

Also gotta say if anyone is casting a werewolf movie, my son would be really good for the soundtrack.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 05:42 PM #7

I don't and never have believed his pathetic story. Lock him up and throw away the key .
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
oscar, pistorius