Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:52 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
Default Just watched the 'joke' back and...

...I think Ryan and Hughie could have planned it all because Ryan was in the bedroom when the scene was shown of Andy and Ed 'discussing engagement rings'. Andy wanted one with a 'solid stone'. When Hughie and Ryan were having their 'joke' they produced a tinfoil ring and and Ryan says he wants a different one when they get out and Hughie says "It's not the ring that matters". It was at that moment I think that Andy caught on because before that he was smiling and relaxed.
But it was just moments after this that someone suggested it was a joke and it became obvious it was. It was then that Andy changed and got up and went into the house. So it could have been either the mockery or the making light of issues dear to his heart that set him off or a mixture of both.

Last edited by jet; 07-07-2016 at 02:53 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:56 PM #2
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Yeh, Andy obiously wasnt mad about the joke because of human rights in other countries, he was just too proud to say that he took it personally

I doubt Hughie and Ryan done it to hurt him, they probably just had engagement on the mind and made a prank around it.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:03 PM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Yeh, Andy obiously wasnt mad about the joke because of human rights in other countries, he was just too proud to say that he took it personally

I doubt Hughie and Ryan done it to hurt him, they probably just had engagement on the mind and made a prank around it.
I must have worded that badly because I meant it could have been the mockery OR he could have been genuinely offended about them making light of the issues, as it was just after someone said it was a joke that he changed and walked away. Or a mixture of both. Hard to tell!
Old 07-07-2016, 03:25 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post

Of course it was done to be malicious....the ring and the comments were all aimed at Andy.
Hughie and Ryan were well out of order... I have already commented on other posts that the whole thing was a piss take on Andy but I had forgotten about the ring...and that proves it all the more.
It was nasty...no wonder Andy was upset.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:27 PM #5
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

There is no justification for Andy's behaviour last night no matter how much you try to say it was warranted

Last edited by Headie; 07-07-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:28 PM #6
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Andy infuriated me he needs to go asap
Old 07-07-2016, 03:29 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
...I think Ryan and Hughie could have planned it all because Ryan was in the bedroom when the scene was shown of Andy and Ed 'discussing engagement rings'. Andy wanted one with a 'solid stone'. When Hughie and Ryan were having their 'joke' they produced a tinfoil ring and and Ryan says he wants a different one when they get out and Hughie says "It's not the ring that matters". It was at that moment I think that Andy caught on because before that he was smiling and relaxed.
But it was just moments after this that someone suggested it was a joke and it became obvious it was. It was then that Andy changed and got up and went into the house. So it could have been either the mockery or the making light of issues dear to his heart that set him off or a mixture of both.
Interesting observation , I missed that . It does make sense if Andy thought the joke was on him and Ryan and Hughie were mocking him , however the issues Andy raised should not have been used to justify Andy's anger at Ryan/Hughie .
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:59 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
Interesting observation , I missed that . It does make sense if Andy thought the joke was on him and Ryan and Hughie were mocking him , however the issues Andy raised should not have been used to justify Andy's anger at Ryan/Hughie .
I actually think it was a mixture of both the mockery and the issues. When Hughie mentions the ring Andy looks as if he has caught on, but it isn't until someone says it was a joke that he looked really offended and actually got up and walked away. So it seemed to me that he knew he was being made fun of, but making light of gay marriage was the last straw for him.
I've watched it back a few times and those are my observations anyway.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:11 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
There is no justification for Andy's behaviour last night no matter how much you try to say it was warranted

Well he may have gone a little OTT....but they were still his opinions.

Hughie and Ryan are nasty little people....what they did was cruel.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:11 PM #10
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
I must have worded that badly because I meant it could have been the mockery OR he could have been genuinely offended about them making light of the issues, as it was just after someone said it was a joke that he changed and walked away. Or a mixture of both. Hard to tell!
Quote:
I actually think it was a mixture of both the mockery and the issues. When Hughie mentions the ring Andy looks as if he has caught on, but it isn't until someone says it was a joke that he looked really offended and actually got up and walked away. So it seemed to me that he knew he was being made fun of, but making light of gay marriage was the last straw for him.
i don't think you're misinterpreting the situation.

i honestly believe that if he thought they were a genuine couple who'd found love, and weren't simply exploiting their status as gays inside the house for shallow reasons, he would have been happy for them. they threw his personal happiness in his face, but then went on to compound that by ****ting on the history of the gay rights' struggle even if they were only aware of the first part!
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:24 PM #11

Quote:
Your observations are bang on the nail....those two were trying to undermine his engagement to Ed....they wanted to ridicule him .....how ever he reacted isn't relevant....they started it, they set out to upset someone on purpose and they didn't apologies when they realised he was offended...they were confronting someone on purpose so they are in the wrong, not the person being AFFRONTED....
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:27 PM #12

Quote:
I think that was probably the straw that broke the camel's back, because for quite a while now Hughie and less so Ryan have been needling Andy. Goodness knows what hasn't been shown, but it looks like he has finally had enough.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:33 PM #13

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Andy can go **** himself.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:36 PM #14
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmein View Post
Andy can go **** himself.
not really my cup of tea but i'd sooner watch that than those 2 shallow brats sploodging all over eachother
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:44 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
i don't think you're misinterpreting the situation.

i honestly believe that if he thought they were a genuine couple who'd found love, and weren't simply exploiting their status as gays inside the house for shallow reasons, he would have been happy for them. they threw his personal happiness in his face, but then went on to compound that by ****ting on the history of the gay rights' struggle even if they were only aware of the first part!
Yes, I think it was the double - whammy. His anger about the issues that he feels strongly about was too instantaneous to be fake. It's not as if it was a bit later when he had worked out a plan to get back at them. He just doesn't strike me as someone who would go into a rage because a couple of brainless idiots were making fun of him. He's too self controlled and dignified for that - just like he was when Hughie was harassing him so much he couldn't even eat his breakfast in peace.

Last edited by jet; 07-07-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:51 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
I think that was probably the straw that broke the camel's back, because for quite a while now Hughie and less so Ryan have been needling Andy. Goodness knows what hasn't been shown, but it looks like he has finally had enough.
I agree. I think that's why most of the other HM's were on his side. Jason said to him "I totally get why you are upset" and had something he wanted to say to Hughie but didn't get the chance - I think there is more to this that we have seen...
Old 07-07-2016, 04:59 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfox View Post
Planned what:
To make a mockery of gay marriage?
To wind up Andy about his engagement?
The second one.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:02 PM #18
You know my methods

You know my methods

they were taking the piss out of the sanctimonious dick and he bit
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:12 PM #19
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

When Hughie/Ryan pretended to get engaged they had no spiteful intentions, it was only a joke.

When Andy called Hughie a 'prize, gold-plated IDIOT' in the DR the next day, it was full of spiteful intentions.

That's the difference between Andy and them. They muck around without malice, but Andy is actually spiteful in that very controlled, clever, passive agressive way.

Considering that Andy has built much of his time on BB around being the moral Judge Dredd of the house, getting involved every time a HM talks about someone 'behind their backs and not to their face' - i wonder if he will tell Hughie 'to his face' that he thinks he is a 'prize gold-plated idiot'?

Or will he be a hypocrite and just call Hughie an idiot behind his back and not to his face?

My money says he is a hypocrite and is happy to accuse others of the crimes he commits himself.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:13 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Of course it was done to be malicious....the ring and the comments were all aimed at Andy.
Hughie and Ryan were well out of order... I have already commented on other posts that the whole thing was a piss take on Andy but I had forgotten about the ring...and that proves it all the more.
It was nasty...no wonder Andy was upset.
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:21 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
When Hughie/Ryan pretended to get engaged they had no spiteful intentions, it was only a joke.

When Andy called Hughie a 'prize, gold-plated IDIOT' in the DR the next day, it was full of spiteful intentions.

That's the difference between Andy and them. They muck around without malice, but Andy is actually spiteful in that very controlled, clever, passive agressive way.

Considering that Andy has built much of his time on BB around being the moral Judge Dredd of the house, getting involved every time a HM talks about someone 'behind their backs and not to their face' - i wonder if he will tell Hughie 'to his face' that he thinks he is a 'prize gold-plated idiot'?

Or will he be a hypocrite and just call Hughie an idiot behind his back and not to his face?

My money says he is a hypocrite and is happy to accuse others of the crimes he commits himself.
Yeah, because following Andy around harassing him was just an innocent fun thing to do, nearly as much fun as mocking his engagement. Just 2 wee innocent boys enjoying themselves, not a drop of spite there at all.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:33 PM #22
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah, because following Andy around harassing him was just an innocent fun thing to do, nearly as much fun as mocking his engagement. Just 2 wee innocent boys enjoying themselves, not a drop of spite there at all.
Considering he prides himself on being an 'intelligent 34 yr old who has been around and lived', you'd think he know a joke when he hears one and be able to rise above it, instead of making a huge issue about it then running to the DR to call Hughie a 'prize idiot'.

Bet he doesn't tell Hughie that 'to his face'.

But if he overheard someone else call Hughie an idiot, i bet Andy would grass them up and tell tales on them like usual; the joyless, self-righteous hypocrite that he is.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:40 PM #23

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph

Favourites (more):

I'm surprised at the crazy anti-Andy comments on this tbh. He overreacted a lot but I think it came out badly because he's usually very composed and doesn't emotionally react like often. So, unlike his usual self, his words aren't carefully selected and what he said came out a bit of a mess.

I didn't think Hughie and Ryan meant to be malicious at all - for once - but I do think they were poking fun at Andy a bit and I think due to his recent engagement + obviously being passionate about gay issues, he took it to heart and reacted badly. I think his later reflection in the garden supports this as he couldn't keep his mouth shut because it was something that was too important and close to home for him to do so.

But yeah that whole thrown off a building comment was totally awkward and weird. But I think it just came from an uncontrollably emotional and flustered place.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:41 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
Considering he prides himself on being an 'intelligent 34 yr old who has been around and lived', you'd think he know a joke when he hears one and be able to rise above it, instead of making a huge issue about it then running to the DR to call Hughie a 'prize idiot'.

Bet he doesn't tell Hughie that 'to his face'.

But if he overheard someone else call Hughie an idiot, i bet Andy would grass them up and tell tales on them like usual; the joyless, self-righteous hypocrite that he is.
Andy talks less behind peoples backs than most of them in that house.
When he has, it was stuff he heard about his best friend.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:49 PM #25

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Natalie

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Natalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflibble View Post
I'm surprised at the crazy anti-Andy comments on this tbh. He overreacted a lot but I think it came out badly because he's usually very composed and doesn't emotionally react like often. So, unlike his usual self, his words aren't carefully selected and what he said came out a bit of a mess.

I didn't think Hughie and Ryan meant to be malicious at all - for once - but I do think they were poking fun at Andy a bit and I think due to his recent engagement + obviously being passionate about gay issues, he took it to heart and reacted badly. I think his later reflection in the garden supports this as he couldn't keep his mouth shut because it was something that was too important and close to home for him to do so.

But yeah that whole thrown off a building comment was totally awkward and weird. But I think it just came from an uncontrollably emotional and flustered place.
I think its just easy for some people here to find things to pick at Andy for but had it been a "favorite" getting upset over another houseguest taking the piss, they would be commending them and cheering them on. Ive seen quite a bit of anti-andy talk going on lately so...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, joke, watched