Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:04 PM #26
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
You have an odd take on the world
Odd can be a good thing though.

There's nothing worse than everyone seeing something from the same perspective.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 01:59 AM #27
Adios

Adios

Classy as always.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 07:58 AM #28

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
Good old Marco....love Marco me....love that he still gets under people's skin even though he's been gone for weeks....I only read the thread title and I was laughing out loud....

As for getting pissed the night before having to testify against his own mother who assaulted him I don't blame him....I would do same if I had the guts and the money to get away with it. He shouldn't have to even attend court, it's giving his abuser the power to make him scared and unhappy all over again...she's a bitch..,he's a legend....

Loving Mr Marco
But it wasn't an abuse case, but a one-off 'assault' according to him, which apparently occurred as she tried to take his coke away from him. This sounds like a worried and frustrated mother trying to make her son see sense and to protect him against himself. Maybe he was 'hurt' as they struggled to get the coke from each other?

However, we don't know the full story as the court case hasn't gone ahead, and we haven't heard the mother's side of the story. How can you judge when you only know one side of the story?

I wonder how you will feel about excusing and defending everything he does if his path of self-destruction- which it sounds like his mother is desperately trying to stop- ends in an Amy Winehouse scenario?

My view is that people who are excusing and condoning his behaviour are enabling and encouraging him to continue with behaviour that is so damaging for him, and that, ironically, that 'support' will contribute to a very unhappy ending for MPW. To me that is so sad.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 08:05 AM #29
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
But it wasn't an abuse case, but a one-off 'assault' according to him, which apparently occurred as she tried to take his coke away from him. This sounds like a worried and frustrated mother trying to make her son see sense and to protect him against himself. Maybe he was 'hurt' as they struggled to get the coke from each other?

However, we don't know the full story as the court case hasn't gone ahead, and we haven't heard the mother's side of the story. How can you judge when you only know one side of the story?

I wonder how you will feel about excusing and defending everything he does if his path of self-destruction- which it sounds like his mother is desperately trying to stop- ends in an Amy Winehouse scenario?

My view is that people who are excusing and condoning his behaviour are enabling and encouraging him to continue with behaviour that is so damaging for him, and that, ironically, that 'support' will contribute to a very unhappy ending for MPW. To me that is so sad.
Fantastic post
Old 13-07-2016, 01:46 PM #30

There is an old saying !! De apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 01:48 PM #31
-

-

He's a tool
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 02:03 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Best part of him dribbled down his dad's legs.
Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
Good old Marco....love Marco me....love that he still gets under people's skin even though he's been gone for weeks....I only read the thread title and I was laughing out loud....

As for getting pissed the night before having to testify against his own mother who assaulted him I don't blame him....I would do same if I had the guts and the money to get away with it. He shouldn't have to even attend court, it's giving his abuser the power to make him scared and unhappy all over again...she's a bitch..,he's a legend....

Loving Mr Marco
I mean fair enough you liked him as a housemate and will defend that, but is him skipping court really a good thing just because it gets under people's skin on a forum? It's not only a waste of the courts time, but public money too. I don't think being a good housemate makes that excusable.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 02:15 PM #33

Favourites:
BB13: Luke A

Favourites:

Just a spoilt rich kid who has never had a proper job because Daddy will always bail him out in the end. I don't have good vibes about him surviving into old age if he continues like this.
Old 13-07-2016, 02:21 PM #34

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

I kinda like Marco,I feel a bit sorry for him,there are always reasons kids go off the rails like this,from the sounds of things his mother left a lot to be desired and his dad although he loves him probably wasn't there a lot for him,there before the grace of God go I .

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 02:23 PM #35
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I kinda like Marco,I feel a bit sorry for him,there are always reasons kids go off the rails like this,from the sounds of things his mother left a lot to be desired and his dad although he loves him probably wasn't there a lot for him,there before the grace of God go I .
He's as wild as his dad used to be. But he's still young, I'm sure he will calm down as he gets older.
Old 13-07-2016, 02:36 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
He's as wild as his dad used to be. But he's still young, I'm sure he will calm down as he gets older.
I don't know a lot about his dad,other than Hells Kitchen,but I like him,I can imagine he was a wild one when younger, I'm sure Marco will calm down at some point ,but from what we saw in BB he was never nasty or bitched behind peoples backs.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 02:42 PM #37
You know my methods

You know my methods

The most repulsive housemate since Kenneth Tong

odious
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 02:53 PM #38
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

Too odious...

His liver will probably leave home...
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 03:01 PM #39
Banned

Banned

He's a twat that has no one to blame but himself. I don't accept this whole 'he had a bad childhood' excuse that people are so keen on throwing out to defend him. Plenty of people have terrible childhoods but they don't act like that. You can't blame your parents for your actions as an adult, you have to take responsibility for yourself and accept that your childhood wasn't great and move on from it.

Last edited by Tom4784; 13-07-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 03:21 PM #40
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
He's a twat that has no one to blame but himself. I don't accept this whole 'he had a bad childhood' excuse that people are so keen on throwing out to defend him. Plenty of people have terrible childhoods but they don't act like that. You can't blame your parents for your actions as an adult, you have to take responsibility for yourself and accept that your childhood wasn't great and move on from it.
Old 13-07-2016, 05:52 PM #41

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Well said!
Old 13-07-2016, 05:56 PM #42
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Prize pillock

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 07:09 PM #43
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post

I agree, some "support" His behavior on and off the show is a major red flag. I actually feel terrible for him. On a more light-heart-ed level though, he's still walking around in those leopard tights. Surely he's found a change of clothes by now? He should've burned those after the eviction because they are cursed now as eviction tights. I saw that last night and I had a giggle.

He's an easy target bless him. It seems like he is caught in-between his two warring parents and maybe it is a cry for attention. I had remembered his mother had helped put out this article and I was like... that's the same mother in the assault case? How interesting.

So I did some light Google and found out too she had supposedly scrawled blood or something on her ex's property several years back. It sounds like the family is rooted in dysfunction. If that's the case, no surprise why the court case turned out the way he did... cry for attention for attention from his mother,maybe his father (or both)?

It's all too common in dysfunctional marriages for the child to feel isolated because the parents are too busy having it out with each other to tend to the child's needs. I thought some of what the mother wrote/contributed to the article was a silver lining but it'll be sad if it turns out to be another ploy to get back at the ex... hopefully that's not the case at least with his mother...

Last edited by Maru; 13-07-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 07:13 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Exactly!

And why, at his age, he is being referred to as a 'kid' is beyond me!

Marco has had a very, very privileged life and his father working too hard so not being around much really isn't so unusual- in fact, a large percentage of people his age will have grown up with separated patents or absent fathers, so have experienced worse. This doesn't excuse Marco's behaviour and is a ridiculous excuse for it.

His mother was in court for apparently assaulting him in trying to remove coke from him, and in her stress about watching him destroying himself. His young sister lives with his Mum, and maybe him being in his mother's house smashed out of his mind was having a negative impact on his sister's life and sense of well-being- he said himself in his This Morning interview that he regretted behaving in a way which had negatively affected his sister. Both these things would suggest a mother losing control in a frustrated and misguided attempt to protect her children. And I'm not saying her behaviour was right. However, please correct me if I am wrong, but there has been no indication that he was abused by her as a child as some people seem to be assuming on here.

Numerous people have, in fact, suffered serious and regular physical, sexual or emotional abuse as children- sometimes all three- and although this has undoubtedly had a tremendously negative impact on them, even lots of them do not use it as an excuse to behave as Marco does. And I do know this as I work with such young people.

Marco needs to start appreciating how lucky and privileged he has been in life, take responsibility for his own failings and stop blaming everyone and everything else. He needs to start creating positive opportunities out of of the privileges he has had. His fans need to start recognising he is an adult and how patronising it is to heap such undeserved pity on him.
Old 13-07-2016, 07:35 PM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
I agree, some "support" His behavior on and off the show is a major red flag. I actually feel terrible for him. On a more light-heart-ed level though, he's still walking around in those leopard tights. Surely he's found a change of clothes by now? He should've burned those after the eviction because they are cursed now as eviction tights. I saw that last night and I had a giggle.

He's an easy target bless him. It seems like he is caught in-between his two warring parents and maybe it is a cry for attention. I had remembered his mother had helped put out this article and I was like... that's the same mother in the assault case? How interesting.

So I did some light Google and found out too she had supposedly scrawled blood or something on her ex's property several years back. It sounds like the family is rooted in dysfunction. If that's the case, no surprise why the court case turned out the way he did... cry for attention for attention from his mother,maybe his father (or both)?

It's all too common in dysfunctional marriages for the child to feel isolated because the parents are too busy having it out with each other to tend to the child's needs. I thought some of what the mother wrote/contributed to the article was a silver lining but it'll be sad if it turns out to be another ploy to get back at the ex... hopefully that's not the case at least with his mother...
Yes, there is definitely some dysfunction within the family but I think there is some dysfunction in many families. He is definitely stuck between warring parents. However, he is an adult now with his own mind and his own choices.

Regarding the article about her scrawling in blood, I read a similar one- from memory, I believe she had smashed his car after he went off with another woman, cut her finger and used some of the blood to begin to write a message, but the majority was done with something else as the blood was minimal- I got the impression that the headline and the article was sensationalising events, as the press too often do. I think the same sensationalism was used in the article about his mother's 'assault'- I read she kicked him between the legs and bit his brother's hand, apparently in an attempt to wrestle coke from him.

However, who knows what the real truth is- the press have to make their stories dramatic in order to sell copies of their papers.

I, too, read the article that his mother contributed to, and I found it very sad. To me, it came across that she was a desperately worried mother who no longer knows what to do to prevent her son from self-destruction, and like she was crying out for help. I wondered whether she was using it as a way to explain her actions as regards the 'assault'.

Now to those skin tight leopard skin pants! I just hope they have been washed regularly or the idea of him peeling them from his person could take on a whole other meaning!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attend, court, hungover, marco