Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-07-2016, 12:26 PM #26
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
from the article

"The data was collected between July 12 and 21,"

Oops.
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 01:04 PM #27
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tom_ View Post
Oops.
The dangers of not reading your own link

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 01:09 PM #28
-

-

World: "All indications show that Britain is headed towards recession and major ongoing financial troubles in the wake of the Brexit result."

Brexiteers: "Lol nah it's fine."

World: "Oh... Is it? But EVERYTHING suggests otherwise and not one shred of anything demonstrates that things will go the right way..."

Brexiteers: "Lol nah."

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 22-07-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 01:28 PM #29

Quote:
The dangers of not reading your own link

The editor in the report explains that "These figures are not official but history shows they have been very accurate. That makes them an accurate warning about the impact of Brexit." Try reading the link and watching the report yourself before you dismiss the evidence in front of you.

This report may only show a snapshot of the past few weeks, but that makes it all the more concerning that there has been such a big slump in such a short space of time.
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 01:43 PM #30
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProducer'sWetDream View Post
The editor in the report explains that "These figures are not official but history shows they have been very accurate. That makes them an accurate warning about the impact of Brexit." Try reading the link and watching the report yourself before you dismiss the evidence in front of you.

This report may only show a snapshot of the past few weeks, but that makes it all the more concerning that there has been such a big slump in such a short space of time.
Nigel Farage well before the vote explained that the economy was still in a downward spiral and that the pound, for example, has been in the toilet for the last 12 months. Every politician worth his salt said brexit would initially spook the markets as it has but that it is up to the Government and the BOE to relay fears and come up with a plan, which they are doing.

I am not sure what point you are making by posting the link?

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 22-07-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 22-07-2016, 01:55 PM #31

Quote:
Nigel Farage well before the vote explained that the economy was still in a downward spiral and that the pound, for example, has been in the toilet for the last 12 months. Every politician worth his salt said brexit would initially spook the markets as it has but that it is up to the Government and the BOE to relay fears and come up with a plan, which they are doing.

I am not sure what point you are making by posting the link?
Because some people denied that Brexit would spook the markets, and dismissed all the predictions as 'Project Fear'. The pound has been on a downward trajectory for a while, but it just fell off a cliff!

The report in this link is a warning that a recession could, potentially, be on the horizon. And I don't remember many politicians on the leave side admitting that could happen.
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 02:08 PM #32
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Because some people denied that Brexit would spook the markets, and dismissed all the predictions as 'Project Fear'. The pound has been on a downward trajectory for a while, but it just fell off a cliff!

The report in this link is a warning that a recession could, potentially, be on the horizon. And I don't remember many politicians on the leave side admitting that could happen.
Which people denied that Brexit would spook the markets?
Old 22-07-2016, 02:16 PM #33
0_o

0_o

Great news for homeowners..bad news for others
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 10:20 PM #34

Quote:

If you REALLY believe what you are saying here, then you must have been living in a Parallel Universe during ALL the Referendum run up.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 06:33 AM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..the worry has been for me so far as the economy etc are concerned as that we won't really know any negative impact of Brexit for a long time, many months...these are not things that bring on 'overnight' or first few days or first few week changes that are indicative of anything long term....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 08:27 AM #36
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..the worry has been for me so far as the economy etc are concerned as that we won't really know any negative impact of Brexit for a long time, many months...these are not things that bring on 'overnight' or first few days or first few week changes that are indicative of anything long term....
Even if (when) the negative impact long term does start to become obvious, those who supported Brexit will still swear you they're blue in the face that it isn't happening. Either that, or they'll brand it yet another "coincidence" that has nothing to do with Brexit and would have happened anyway.
Old 23-07-2016, 12:07 PM #37
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Lol nah

The Brexit shock has given the economy "a good kicking" according to a special set of surveys of businesses taken in the wake of the European Union referendum vote, which suggest the UK economy is now contracting at its steepest pace since the last recession in early 2009.

The “dramatic deterioration” will significantly increase the odds of a major monetary stimulus from the Bank of England next month to support the economy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7149901.html
Old 23-07-2016, 12:11 PM #38
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Lol nah

The Brexit shock has given the economy "a good kicking" according to a special set of surveys of businesses taken in the wake of the European Union referendum vote, which suggest the UK economy is now contracting at its steepest pace since the last recession in early 2009.

The “dramatic deterioration” will significantly increase the odds of a major monetary stimulus from the Bank of England next month to support the economy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7149901.html
This is actually a coincidence. There was an episode of EastEnders aired just after the referendum that featured Phil Mitchell making a comment about how spending too much on luxuries had left him feeling the pinch, and viewers - knowing about Phil Mitchell's financial savvy - took this to heart and so stopped spending in the retail sector which had a knock on effect on the wider economy very quickly.

So lol nah it wasn't Brexit it was actually Phil Mitchell. Clutching at straws blaming Brexit.
Old 23-07-2016, 12:37 PM #39
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

All the indicators I've seen say that house prices are falling. Isn't that a good thing? People selling will get less but the houses they're moving to are also cheaper. And first time buyers might get a chance to step on the housing ladder.

So... Brexit has caused house prices to rise. Bad.

Brexit has caused house prices to fall. Still bad.

What WILL satisfy remainers, I wonder? I'm sure they'll let us know eventually, I mean, they think they're so much more intelligent than people who voted out, right? Ask them... they'll tell you.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 12:41 PM #40

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
All the indicators I've seen say that house prices are falling. Isn't that a good thing? People selling will get less but the houses they're moving to are also cheaper. And first time buyers might get a chance to step on the housing ladder.

What WILL satisfy remainers, I wonder? I'm sure they'll let us know eventually, I mean, they think they're so much more intelligent than people who voted out, right? Ask them... they'll tell you.
You don't even have to ask some of them, they just outright tell you.

The housing market has been sky high for years before the referendum came about, it's not exactly a new thing, but if the Brexit allows house prices to fall, then it's just another good thing that's come about with the result, all those people worrying about never being able to step on the ladder, might have a greater chance of doing so and that's a great thing.
Old 23-07-2016, 12:46 PM #41
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I love how pro-brexit people can read anything about brexit and be like THIS IS GOOD NEWS BECAUSE I HOPE SO. ****ing no. Stop and think.

Home owners homes are worth more. Great? No. If they sell there house, they wont be better off, other houses are also worth more. No difference.
Those who dont own homes are now more ****ed.

This is more negative than positive... Obviously.
Old 23-07-2016, 04:51 PM #42
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I love how pro-brexit people can read anything about brexit and be like THIS IS GOOD NEWS BECAUSE I HOPE SO. ****ing no. Stop and think.

Home owners homes are worth more. Great? No. If they sell there house, they wont be better off, other houses are also worth more. No difference.
Those who dont own homes are now more ****ed.

This is more negative than positive... Obviously.
Obviously. I wonder where this story came from? Because it's the opposite of what's actually happening.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:29 PM #43
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Yes ask me...I'll tell you, all you are responsible for the structured decline of the UK you that put your faith in Farage, Boris Johnson, Gove and the other brexit boneheads...where are they now? What is the big plan? Where's the strategy?

Oh yes that's right we need 500+ 'experts' ( even though experts are sooo last year) to dig us out of the ****storm of our making.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:48 PM #44
You know my methods

You know my methods

yes what i am doing is looking at the housing market to inform me of the economy and of life in general. Because greed and the ability to sh1t on others is EXACTLY my measure

its an indicator but people, lets not kid ourselves
Old 24-07-2016, 01:36 PM #45
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Yes ask me...I'll tell you, all you are responsible for the structured decline of the UK you that put your faith in Farage, Boris Johnson, Gove and the other brexit boneheads...where are they now? What is the big plan? Where's the strategy?

Oh yes that's right we need 500+ 'experts' ( even though experts are sooo last year) to dig us out of the ****storm of our making.
I guess this is where we differ. I didn't put my faith in Farage, Boris and the rest of who you term "boneheads". For a long time on here I said I was undecided. I read and I researched and in the end I came to the conclusion that I would vote to leave.

I'm fairly well-educated and quite intelligent. Because you voted differently from me doesn't make YOU more intelligent, it just means you reached a different conclusion.

So please... don't wag your finger at me, it makes you look ridiculous.
Old 24-07-2016, 02:03 PM #46
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I guess this is where we differ. I didn't put my faith in Farage, Boris and the rest of who you term "boneheads". For a long time on here I said I was undecided. I read and I researched and in the end I came to the conclusion that I would vote to leave.

I'm fairly well-educated and quite intelligent. Because you voted differently from me doesn't make YOU more intelligent, it just means you reached a different conclusion.

So please... don't wag your finger at me, it makes you look ridiculous.
I'm not wagging anything, your 'educated' decision will have proved to be the most ridiculous one you EVER made.

Of that I'm sure.
Old 24-07-2016, 02:09 PM #47
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I'm not wagging anything, your 'educated' decision will have proved to be the most ridiculous one you EVER made.

Of that I'm sure.
In your under-educated opinion.

We'll see, won't we.
Old 24-07-2016, 02:18 PM #48
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
In your under-educated opinion.

We'll see, won't we.
Mock away liv, I hope your humble pie isn't as bitter as your tone.
Old 24-07-2016, 02:48 PM #49

Quote:

It is not even 5 weeks since the Referendum result - NOT actual Brexit - just the result of the Referendum, and NOTHING has occurred which was not both FORECAST to occur, and therefore EXPECTED to occur, by EXPERTS in BOTH the Remain AND Leave camps.

What is more, the said forecast and expected negative reactions are TEMPORARY and NOWHERE near as adverse as during other recessions and slumps throughout our long turbulent economic history.

Your views (Not YOU personally, I stress, for I do not want reporting and banning) are absolutely banal, disingenuous, and now so repetitive, I actually SHY from reading fecking SD because it is becoming a borefest and increasingly more resembles a melancholic depressives convention than a forum.

Your views, and those equally as ill informed and hysterically OTT panicky views like it, are going to look extremely FOOLISH in the near future WHEN we have ACTUALLY Brexited, and we have a more prosperous, safer, economically booming Britain as a result.

And I personally am so sick of reading the same GROUNDLESS, UNWARRANTED, DOOM-SAYING codswallop, that , I for one will NOT let you forget it.

NOTE: Smilie and wavey emoticon added to show no intentional unfriendliness.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 24-07-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 24-07-2016, 02:59 PM #50

I love the way my innocuous satirical 'We're All Doomed' response to T.S. has been removed yet his response to me stating that I am 'unreasonably old' remains for posterity.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
boosts, eu, exist, house, prices