Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-07-2016, 03:10 PM #51
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I love the way my innocuous satirical 'We're All Doomed' response to T.S. has been removed yet his response to me stating that I am 'unreasonably old' remains for posterity.
It's because I'm more handsome than you, and I have a larger penis.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 03:10 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Please explain how this makes any sense
I'm sorry for not addressing this sooner Hayden - it is not through ignorance, but more the reality that a proper adequate response will be complex and lengthy, and I KNOW from experience that the FACTS which I support my post with will be ignored and unfairly passed off as 'OPINION' certain members, and that my own LONG experience of the Property Market will be similarly discounted.

There ARE several GENUINE reasons just why a rising market coupled with falling interest rates ARE good news for First Time Buyers - or for that matter, Buyers in general, but in short Hayden - detailing as much is so futile as to be not worth the effort.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 24-07-2016 at 03:10 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 03:13 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's because I'm more handsome than you, and I have a larger penis.
I very much doubt both, but your 'face' obviously fits better than mine on here.

Old 24-07-2016, 03:18 PM #54
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
What WILL satisfy remainers, I wonder? I'm sure they'll let us know eventually, I mean, they think they're so much more intelligent than people who voted out, right? Ask them... they'll tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
In your under-educated opinion.
Beautiful, like a rainbow.
Old 24-07-2016, 03:21 PM #55
-

-

Quote:
I very much doubt both, but your 'face' obviously fits better than mine on here.
Incorrect Kirk, there are more people posting who agree with you "in general" than who agree with me and "my side".

If you FEEL outnumbered, it's only because your troops are weaker . There are "more of you".
Old 24-07-2016, 03:23 PM #56
-

-

Quote:
the FACTS which I support my post with will be ignored and unfairly passed off as 'OPINION' certain members
Inside Kirk's head:

Old 24-07-2016, 04:02 PM #57

Quote:
Incorrect Kirk, there are more people posting who agree with you "in general" than who agree with me and "my side".

If you FEEL outnumbered, it's only because your troops are weaker . There are "more of you".
Oh yes - you are correct there T.S. - far more of my posts across this forum receive applause and compliments than do yours, but I am not referring to the members, as you well know.

Incidentally, members on here - like the GBP which you continually denigrate as thick, uninformed, and like sheep - are rather intelligent and very discerning -- hence the disparity in followers and admirers.

People have a great propensity for the truth and can recognise superficial B.S. when they read it -- no matter how well it is wrapped in self-satisfying 'clever clogs' pseudo satirical claptrap.

I post in earnest. I mean what I say and say what I mean, and I base my posts on my existing knowledge and extensive research to supplement and qualify that existing knowledge.

And there ARE a lot of posters JUST LIKE ME.

It is all too easy and disingenuous to merely pop in and out of threads with psycho-babble laden snipes that say nothing and add nothing to the debate.

But you carry on T.S. - you may fool some, but not me.

Old 24-07-2016, 04:04 PM #58

Quote:
Inside Kirk's head:

Ah you see, this will remain, where MY innocuous post was removed, but then again,I do not unjustifiably reach for the report button and nor do my friends.

Old 24-07-2016, 05:04 PM #59
-

-

What butt-hurt nonsense Kirk, you know fine well that I don't "just pop in and out of threads with snipes" and your suggestion that the only people who "post in earnest" are the ones who happen to agree with you is laughable. Also, your claim that anything posted that you don't quite grasp is "pseudo-psychological clap-trap" is as tiresome as ever... But not surprising. "We don't want any vaguely academic opinion, we're only interested in the pus spewed by salt of the earth pub-roaches!" is the Brexit mantra, isn't it?

"He's saying big words! Big words about the brain and things! Hogwash! "
Quote:
Ah you see, this will remain, where MY innocuous post was removed, but then again,I do not unjustifiably reach for the report button and nor do my friends.
get over it Kirk, people aren't running around reporting your posts. Shock, horror - I get infractions too! I just don't whine about it like a child whose had his pocket money confiscated. I ignore it and move on.
Old 24-07-2016, 05:06 PM #60
-

-

(It's also perfectly innocuous, it's part of a kids film which quite cleverly points out that a lot of people can't tell the difference between their opinions, and facts, muddling them together in the boxes in their heads. Something which you suffer from quite badly. This illustrates it well. I'm trying to help not offend!)

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 24-07-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 24-07-2016, 05:21 PM #61

Quote:
What butt-hurt nonsense Kirk, you know fine well that I don't "just pop in and out of threads with snipes" and your suggestion that the only people who "post in earnest" are the ones who happen to agree with you is laughable. Also, your claim that anything posted that you don't quite grasp is "pseudo-psychological clap-trap" is as tiresome as ever... But not surprising. "We don't want any vaguely academic opinion, we're only interested in the pus spewed by salt of the earth pub-roaches!" is the Brexit mantra, isn't it?

get over it Kirk, people aren't running around reporting your posts. Shock, horror - I get infractions too! I just don't whine about it like a child whose had his pocket money confiscated. I ignore it and move on.

You are totally delusional T.S - and believing your own B.S which you keep posting.

Why don't you just DEBATE if you have something valid to add to a discussion.?

I love humour, and I often use it to lighten a debate but you USE what you think is funny - and is not - INSTEAD of debating.

Again - it is clear that you feel intellectually superior to everyone else WHO DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU - for just LOOK at your post:

"Also, your claim that anything posted that you don't quite grasp is "pseudo-psychological clap-trap" is as tiresome as ever... But not surprising. "We don't want any vaguely academic opinion, we're only interested in the pus spewed by salt of the earth pub-roaches!" is the Brexit mantra, isn't it?

"

You really have a grossly distorted, massively inflated, delusional opinion of yourself, don't you?

There are not many things which I don't grasp, and please do not assume or presume that you are somehow intellectually superior to me, or more knowledgeable, because, let me assure you - YOU are quite simply NOT.

Old 24-07-2016, 05:30 PM #62
-

-

Quote:
You are totally delusional T.S - and believing your own B.S which you keep posting.

Why don't you just DEBATE if you have something valid to add to a discussion.?

I love humour, and I often use it to lighten a debate but you USE what you think is funny - and is not - INSTEAD of debating.

Again - it is clear that you feel intellectually superior to everyone else WHO DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU - for just LOOK at your post:

"Also, your claim that anything posted that you don't quite grasp is "pseudo-psychological clap-trap" is as tiresome as ever... But not surprising. "We don't want any vaguely academic opinion, we're only interested in the pus spewed by salt of the earth pub-roaches!" is the Brexit mantra, isn't it?

"

You really have a grossly distorted, massively inflated, delusional opinion of yourself, don't you?

There are not many things which I don't grasp, and please do not assume or presume that you are somehow intellectually superior to me, or more knowledgeable, because, let me assure you - YOU are quite simply NOT.
If you understoodnit you wouldn't be dismissing it out of hand as "clap-trap". It is YOU who is insisting that you don't understand, no one else. Or could it be that it's just convenient for you to dismiss what I have to say as "pseudo-intellectual clap-trap" because it's easier than actually trying to get to grips with that alternative view? There's no one on here more stubbornly set and self-assured in their own opinions than you, Kirk. Maybe on an even footing, but don't be painting yourself as open-minded, that's a ludicrous claim.

Its hard to "debate" with someone who you know will just trot out the same old "clap trap" lines so I now rarely bother.

What I do find quite interesting though, is that it is not and has never been me bleating about or bigging up my own intelligence other than in jest. Rather, it's the people who seem to feel that THEIR ideas about THEIR OWN intelligence are being somehow challenged, who get the most upset about it. Funny, that.
Old 25-07-2016, 02:27 AM #63
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I would think housing prices would be the least of Brexit's primary concern but I'm not well-informed on the topic tbh. I know some of the disagreements parallel issues we are working through within our own culture. It's much easier to just leave an a physical location here and find an affordable place to live in a rural location and still have room to grow. So housing prices aren't covered as closely as other areas such as job/salary growth. Most people seem to fall in line with the same thinking in Ammi's post.

I wonder if our own country will be put under such a similar scrutiny with regards to the economy after the national election is over. So many predictions going back and forth about the effect socially and politically, (especially in the case if Trump is elected), but the economy has only been loosely covered compared to those two areas even though it's just as relevant to the health of a country.

It's clear both our cultures are going through a dramatic shift from the status quo, sped up by social media and by new wave politics. A lot will have changed before things things settle and start to feel normal again. It's easy to get upset about it, but I find it reassuring because if you ask me, we were all becoming too complacent in an environment that is ever changing and we needed to get serious about discussing these issues and quit sugarcoating our own culture.

In Brexit's case, the vote did not go one side's preferred direction, but this is a chance to remove global interdependence and to more concretely define and develop one's own cultural lines and value systems further beyond fluffy ideals and arbitrary standpoints.

At least I can say this for the US, we have been bystanders in our own destiny for far too long due to the public's complacency and it can only be a good thing to have a public so emotionally and spiritually involved in it's future.

So much going on in Europe and US. It looks bad, but I think that ultimately it will be beneficial for us or in the very least, create experiences to draw from in which we can improve... (as may be the case if the US elects Trump).

I'll let you know if my home's worth drops dramatically in price here if Trump is elected.

Last edited by Maru; 25-07-2016 at 02:32 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 02:35 AM #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
I'm not sure there's anything "facetious" about young people being priced out of having somewhere decent to live Kirk
Depends entirely what you mean by "decent".

There are plenty affordable "decent" places to live for young people.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
boosts, eu, exist, house, prices