Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 27-07-2016, 01:05 PM #26
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I think he's an okay winner because I found him to be an okay housemate. I understand the argument that other people brought out the character within Jason as oppose to Jason himself, but he was the centre of many vocal points of the series. He got through the situation with Charlie on his own merit, and he also caused one of the most-talked about and controversial moments of the series in evicting Lateysha.

He may not have been as 'entertaining' as someone like Hughie who took up a larger portion of air-time, but I still think he was an alright housemate in respect of the points I've already mentioned. He doesn't seem to be that bad of a person either, but I suppose that's down to opinion. He played the game but not everyone will repsect how he played it, though I personally think he brought an interesting element of gameplay that is rarely seen on the UK version.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:09 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Is She? View Post
He's a bad winner because he was boring, treated some of his fellow housemates awfully, didn't need to win and didn't even like the show.

How did he treat other housemates awfully?....an example would be nice. I would really like to know.

He wasn't boring because he got talked about on here an awful lot...

Just because he doesnt need the money doesn't mean he doesn't need to win...

He said he had never WATCHED the show...
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:15 PM #28
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

I agree with OP (good, thoughtful thread btw)

I really liked Jason at first and for much of the show. I think he is probably a decent guy but my opinion of him as a BB HM went downhill over the last few weeks and while i still like him, i agree he was/is not worthy winner material. Here are my reasons:

1. Did very little. Sat out in the garden like a sulky rock. So many times this series other HMs have tried to converse with him and gives nothing back, like talking to a brick wall.

2. He took himself WAY too seriously. I can't remember ever seeing a HM take themselves so seriously as Jason. Anytime he was nominated or chosen in a task (eg - lateysha choosing him as biggest game player) he took it far too personally and became sulky. He was really intimidating to Jackson when Jacko nominated him. Never once did Jason take a step back and see it in perspective as 'all in the game'.

3. No lightness. Way too heavy, like a lead weight around the house and the series. A buzz killer if you like. He sat there brooding with little joy coming from him. The only time he laughed was when Hughie fell in the pool. I wish we'd seen more happy Jason then he'd have been a more deserving winner.

4. The staring look in his eyes. You can see and feel the repressed anger behind him. Uncomfortable to watch. No surprise when he exploded and smashed the BB doors.

5. The whole 'shock' story of him and Charlie who 'just happened' to both apply for BB at the same time without ANY IDEA that the other one was also going to be on the show, even though they were both still half-seeing each other for the months leading up to BB - i don't buy that story one bit.

So overall, moody, silent, a bit dodgy, not a great winner in my book. But there seems to be a decent guy in there too, just not a great all round BB character. Winners ideally need to do more to 'deserve' the win IMO. All round characters who reveal themselves in all their good and bad colours and who have a journey in the house, they are the best winners. Jason revealed very little of himself, he treated BB like he was at work, watching the clock, sitting it out, biting his tongue and waiting to collect the cash. Not great TV.

Jason is like Sam Evans. Someone who did very little in the house and won more out of sympathy then entertainment and effort. Such is life in the BB world. Takes all sorts.

Last edited by Robodog; 27-07-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:22 PM #29

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
I agree with OP (good, thoughtful thread btw)

I really liked Jason at first and for much of the show. I think he is probably a decent guy but my opinion of him as a BB HM went downhill over the last few weeks and while i still like him, i agree he was/is not worthy winner material. Here are my reasons:

1. Did very little. Sat out in the garden like a sulky rock. So many times this series other HMs have tried to converse with him and gives nothing back, like talking to a brick wall.

2. He took himself WAY too seriously. I can't remember ever seeing a HM take themselves so seriously as Jason. Anytime he was nominated or chosen in a task (eg - lateysha choosing him as biggest game player) he took it far too personally and became sulky. He was really intimidating to Jackson when Jacko nominated him. Never once did Jason take a step back and see it in perspective as 'all in the game'.

3. No lightness. Way too heavy, like a lead weight around the house and the series. A buzz killer if you like. He sat there brooding with little joy coming from him. The only time he laughed was when Hughie fell in the pool. I wish we'd seen more happy Jason then he'd have been a more deserving winner.

4. The staring look in his eyes. You can see and feel the repressed anger behind him. Uncomfortable to watch. No surprise when he exploded and smashed the BB doors.

5. The whole 'shock' story of him and Charlie who 'just happened' to both apply for BB at the same time without ANY IDEA that the other one was also going to be on the show, even though they were both still half-seeing each other for the months leading up to BB - i don't buy that story one bit.

So overall, moody, silent, a bit dodgy, not a great winner in my book. But there seems to be a decent guy in there too, just not a great all round BB character. Winners ideally need to do more to 'deserve' the win IMO. All round characters who reveal themselves in all their good and bad colours and who have a journey in the house, they are the best winners. Jason revealed very little of himself, he treated BB like he was at work, watching the clock, sitting it out, biting his tongue and waiting to collect the cash. Not great TV.

Jason is like Sam Evans. Someone who did very little in the house and won more out of sympathy then entertainment and effort. Such is life in the BB world. Takes all sorts.

Agreed with all of this.

He also needed the help of Charlie, Lateysha and Ryan to do anything that was remotely memorable, and ultimately these three housemates in particular won it for him. He didn't win it off his own merits.
Lush is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:32 PM #30

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicD View Post
Before I start this, I want people to know that I am NOT bitter about Hughie not winning. That's not my issue at all. I also have no issue if any of you thought Jason deserved that win. With that said I want to freely give my say on this.

Jason for me, is one of the worst winners ever, and taints what would've been an amazing season. The main reason I think this is because he basically didn't do much and then did sudden randomly really important things every now and again. His personality itself was very uninteresting due to his lack of emotions and he was usually found to be interesting when he relied on interactions with others, such as Lateysha or Charlie or even Andy. He was never interesting on his own. He got all this sympathy for BB "provoking" him but I was not even feeling bad. If he really wanted to leave then he should've just went out the fire exit.

I don't mind game players (see Nasty Nick and Dexter), but Jason was not only an unlikable one, but an uninteresting one. He was unlikable because he repeatedly kept painting himself as this really nice guy when in actuality he was a game player. This technically isn't a bad thing on paper, but when you take Charlie into account, it really makes him hateable for me. If he was really a game player this whole time, then he used a vulnerable woman's emotions to make himself look better. So it's more of a slimy gameplayer rather than a likable one. Then he was uninteresting because his personality just does not fit the "game player" stigma. He's too reserved, he's too emotionless, and he didn't do anything besides random game changing moves, like nominating Charlie (she wouldn't have been up for eviction if he hadn't nominated her), evicting Lateysha, and then breaking down equipment to get sympathy, intentionally or not. He's just not a nice guy like he keeps saying. He may have deserved to rank high, but I really don't think unlikeable behaviour should be rewarded. He did not even get a warning for his damaging of equipment.

Even if Hughie had lost against, say, Jackson for example, I wouldn't mind. As much as I dislike Jackson he stood out much more than Jason so if he won over Hughie, I'd be much less mad. I could even say the same on Jayne, Evelyn, and Andy, regardless of my opinions on any of them.

It's perfectly fine if any of you thought he was a good winner. But I thought he was just a terrible one, plain and simple.
Don't have much to say about your comments other than to point out Nick wasn't a game player, he was a cheater, hence he was removed.
omgwtf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:36 PM #31
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush View Post
Agreed with all of this.

He also needed the help of Charlie, Lateysha and Ryan to do anything that was remotely memorable, and ultimately these three housemates in particular won it for him. He didn't win it off his own merits.
Very true. Like the story of the Chinese New Year Animals, They all swam across the river but the Rat was cunning, he sat on the Ox's shoulders and let the Ox swim across, letting Ox do all the work. Then at the last minute, Rat jumped off the Ox's shoulders and into first place.

The Jasons/Sams of BB ride across the river on the backs of entertaining HMs then leap into first place at the last minute. Like Rat, they need others to get them to the finishing line.

ps - love that you chose Jayne and Tiffany for your BB faves - me too !
Old 27-07-2016, 01:36 PM #32

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush View Post
Agreed with all of this.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes your loss feel better

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:38 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Very true. Like the story of the Chinese New Year Animals, They all swam across the river but the Rat was cunning, he sat on the Ox's shoulders and let the Ox swim across, letting Ox do all the work. Then at the last minute, Rat jumped off the Ox's shoulders and into first place.

The Jasons/Sams of BB ride across the river on the backs of entertaining HMs then leap into first place at the last minute. Like Rat, they need others to get them to the finishing line.

All the housemates bounce off each other it's the same every year,none of them would be noticeable without the others, no of them made him win his fans did.

Old 27-07-2016, 01:38 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Well if you read it, it does say IMO.LOL
Not worth it kaz..sore losers comes to mind,he won get over it...
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:40 PM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
True,the victory is sweet

Old 27-07-2016, 01:42 PM #36
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Before I start this, I want people to know that I am NOT bitter about Hughie not winning. That's not my issue at all. I also have no issue if any of you thought Jason deserved that win. With that said I want to freely give my say on this.

Jason for me, is one of the worst winners ever, and taints what would've been an amazing season. The main reason I think this is because he basically didn't do much and then did sudden randomly really important things every now and again. His personality itself was very uninteresting due to his lack of emotions and he was usually found to be interesting when he relied on interactions with others, such as Lateysha or Charlie or even Andy. He was never interesting on his own. He got all this sympathy for BB "provoking" him but I was not even feeling bad. If he really wanted to leave then he should've just went out the fire exit.

I don't mind game players (see Nasty Nick and Dexter), but Jason was not only an unlikable one, but an uninteresting one. He was unlikable because he repeatedly kept painting himself as this really nice guy when in actuality he was a game player. This technically isn't a bad thing on paper, but when you take Charlie into account, it really makes him hateable for me. If he was really a game player this whole time, then he used a vulnerable woman's emotions to make himself look better. So it's more of a slimy gameplayer rather than a likable one. Then he was uninteresting because his personality just does not fit the "game player" stigma. He's too reserved, he's too emotionless, and he didn't do anything besides random game changing moves, like nominating Charlie (she wouldn't have been up for eviction if he hadn't nominated her), evicting Lateysha, and then breaking down equipment to get sympathy, intentionally or not. He's just not a nice guy like he keeps saying. He may have deserved to rank high, but I really don't think unlikeable behaviour should be rewarded. He did not even get a warning for his damaging of equipment.

Even if Hughie had lost against, say, Jackson for example, I wouldn't mind. As much as I dislike Jackson he stood out much more than Jason so if he won over Hughie, I'd be much less mad. I could even say the same on Jayne, Evelyn, and Andy, regardless of my opinions on any of them.

It's perfectly fine if any of you thought he was a good winner. But I thought he was just a terrible one, plain and simple.
Enough people liked him to pick up the phone and vote for him ,Did you vote for your fav ?
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:43 PM #37
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
No sore losers here. I personally am not bothered whether he or anyone else won, we are just analysing BB HMs, that's what happens on a BB forum, get over it
Old 27-07-2016, 01:47 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
He may not have a big personality....but he had a good heart. If BB hadn't try to test him then they did him a favour.
Charlie was no vulnerable woman ffs...she's hard as nails. She treated him like **** when they were together (she said that herself) and she no doubt took advantage of his nice nature. Charlie is the sort of woman who needs to be treated mean to keep them keen....I bet Jason was a walkover to her and now she hasn't got him keeping her in a lifestyle to which she became accustomed for several months...she now realises she messed up big time.

Jason's a great and worthy winner...he wasn't nasty to anyone. So he evicted Lateysha...so what if he nominated Charlie...he had his reasons like we all have reasons for what we do and choices we make.

Well done Jason...smashing bloke.
BB247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 01:56 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Enough people liked him to pick up the phone and vote for him ,Did you vote for your fav ?
Couldn't cause UK foolishly doesn't let Irish people vote. Never got how BB, and even I'm a Celebrity or the X Factor, DON'T let the irish vote. Would you not get more money from that?
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 02:03 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No sore losers here. I personally am not bothered whether he or anyone else won, we are just analysing BB HMs, that's what happens on a BB forum, get over it
Nothing to analyse ,some liked him ,some didn't,obviously more did.

Old 27-07-2016, 02:08 PM #41
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Old 27-07-2016, 02:12 PM #42
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Couldn't cause UK foolishly doesn't let Irish people vote. Never got how BB, and even I'm a Celebrity or the X Factor, DON'T let the irish vote. Would you not get more money from that?
Thats not Jasons fault is it ? lots on here moaning about his great win,but I would like to bet hardly any of the ones moaning bothered to vote for their fav ,Jason had good supporters who cared enough to pick up the phone and vote, its the same every series
Old 27-07-2016, 02:12 PM #43
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Thats not Jasons fault is it ? lots on here moaning about his great win,but I would like to bet hardly any of the ones moaning bothered to vote for their fav ,Jason had good supporters who cared enough to pick up the phone and vote, its the same every series
Old 27-07-2016, 02:32 PM #44

He got rid of Lateysha, for me that's my winner.....I wouldn't of cared if he spent the remainder of his time afterwards sat on the back of the Zebra staring into space...
No chav in first place for a change...,hallelujah
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 02:35 PM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

This is a great analogy actually. Sums up Jason's time in the house perfectly.

And yesss, two queens!

Last edited by Lush; 27-07-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Lush is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 02:36 PM #46
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
He got rid of Lateysha, for me that's my winner.....I wouldn't of cared if he spent the remainder of his time afterwards sat on the back of the Zebra staring into space...
No chav in first place for a change...,hallelujah
He deserved to win it on that alone ,my fav thing of the entire series, sod Hughie getting pissed and falling in the pool Sod Jayne childish diary room rants Sod Ryan and Hughie eating each others faces off Sod Laura /Marco having sex on tv Lets watch a real man destroy his enemy and make the show watchable in one press of a buzzer
Old 27-07-2016, 02:37 PM #47
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

What's done is done. Upon reflection Jason winning bears no relevance to how amazing this series was so I don't really care anymore
Old 27-07-2016, 02:41 PM #48

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Well said

In my opinion he is the worst winner the show has ever had

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 02:44 PM #49
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete. View Post
What's done is done. Upon reflection Jason winning bears no relevance to how amazing this series was so I don't really care anymore
Yes often the winner does not reflect the series.

In some series the most overall entertaining HM wins, such as Brian in BB2 or Josie in BB11

Sometimes the series' best HMs don't even make the final such as Jon Tickle in BB4 or Marcus in BB10
Old 27-07-2016, 02:44 PM #50
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
That is your opinion not mine,ALL the housemates carry each other to an extent ,I don't think the other housemates were better than Jason , Jason,Andy,Jayne,Jackson, and Alex were all decent housemates,they were not always selfish two faced and nasty,I have no time for people like that,it's not entertaining for me.
Yes, it is an opinion. Thank you for stating the obvious.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bad, jason, winner