Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 15-08-2016, 10:52 AM #1

Default BEAR Is Suppressing The Other Hm's Real Personalities

The CBB producers have either negligently ALLOWED, or have deliberately ENGINEERED the show's editing to allow, Bear to dominate the show, and either way, the show is now 'trash TV' - 'The Stephen Bear Show' - and a mere sad and pale reflection of its former 'glory'.

As a result of the above, I maintain, that the show would have been FAR MORE entertaining were it not for the toxic presence of the abhorrent Bear, because I believe that his disruptive and antisocial behaviour, has actually INTIMIDATED a lot of the other HM's, and I maintain, that they would have been FAR more entertaining, were it not for their REAL personalities being suppressed by his toxic presence.

And I am talking about SOCIALLY, and MORALLY ACCEPTABLE entertainment, milder though it may be, than the cruel, annoying, abusive, ego-driven infantile and puerile bullying served up monotonously by Bear and Bloor.

I accept that NO ONE can state with any certainty what the show would have been more entertaining without Bear, just as no one can state with any certainty that it would NOT have been - unless they were possessed of a supernatural talent for 'knowing the future' or alternative realities of the present - because the future is unknown, but we do HAVE antecedent records of Sam Fox and other HM's on other programmes and shows, where - WITHOUT a bullying inhibitor such as Bear - they have been FAR MORE funny, bubbly, loquacious, and entertaining, so my 'opinion' is supported by historical evidence - unlike any opinions which claim that the show would NOT be more entertaining without Bear.

So, I maintain, that Bear is a malignant and depressingly oppressive character, whose boorish, egotistical, and antisocial bullying tactics ARE intimidating certain of the other HM's, and consequently, he IS suppressing their REAL personalities from coming to the fore.

Get the abominable twat OUT and let the others breathe.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 15-08-2016 at 10:54 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 10:56 AM #2

spot on OP
Old 15-08-2016, 11:00 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson

Well said
Paula D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 11:02 AM #4

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
The CBB producers have either negligently ALLOWED, or have deliberately ENGINEERED the show's editing to allow, Bear to dominate the show, and either way, the show is now 'trash TV' - 'The Stephen Bear Show' - and a mere sad and pale reflection of its former 'glory'.

As a result of the above, I maintain, that the show would have been FAR MORE entertaining were it not for the toxic presence of the abhorrent Bear, because I believe that his disruptive and antisocial behaviour, has actually INTIMIDATED a lot of the other HM's, and I maintain, that they would have been FAR more entertaining, were it not for their REAL personalities being suppressed by his toxic presence.

And I am talking about SOCIALLY, and MORALLY ACCEPTABLE entertainment, milder though it may be, than the cruel, annoying, abusive, ego-driven infantile and puerile bullying served up monotonously by Bear and Bloor.

I accept that NO ONE can state with any certainty what the show would have been more entertaining without Bear, just as no one can state with any certainty that it would NOT have been - unless they were possessed of a supernatural talent for 'knowing the future' or alternative realities of the present - because the future is unknown, but we do HAVE antecedent records of Sam Fox and other HM's on other programmes and shows, where - WITHOUT a bullying inhibitor such as Bear - they have been FAR MORE funny, bubbly, loquacious, and entertaining, so my 'opinion' is supported by historical evidence - unlike any opinions which claim that the show would NOT be more entertaining without Bear.

So, I maintain, that Bear is a malignant and depressingly oppressive character, whose boorish, egotistical, and antisocial bullying tactics ARE intimidating certain of the other HM's, and consequently, he IS suppressing their REAL personalities from coming to the fore.

Well said Kirk.
Beartwat knows he can be a complete arse without the fear of the thump he deserves as whoever retaliated would be thrown out.
Slimey yellow coward that he is.

Last edited by smudgie; 15-08-2016 at 11:02 AM.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 11:03 AM #5
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:

Old 15-08-2016, 11:07 AM #6
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Rubbish, that's a similar argument to the one against Helen Wood... people have their own minds don't they?
If the remit of the show is to portray how a group of people interact then this is exactly what happens.
Old 15-08-2016, 11:11 AM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

For me the whole cast is crap this year.I said as much on launch night.Bunch of nobodies.It says something when Samantha Fox is the most famous one in there.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 11:20 AM #8

I used the same word myself on another thread Kirk. I totally agree. The other housemates haven't been able to express themselves or enjoy themselves because Bear has taken every opportunity to ruin and disrupt everything.
It's a shame because it's been a one pillock show...EVERYTHING has revolved around him. Many of the others have retreated into their shell...others have just put up and ignored and Renee has risen to him but has lost herself in the process. He is a bully...I'm sure many would have liked to give him some of his own medicine but they would just pay the price. He teases..he mocks...he intimidates...he bully's.

I'm sick of hearing 'he has made the show'...he hasn't he has ruined it because he has suppressed the other housemates that we haven't had a show.
Last night it was refreshing to come on here and discuss James and Aubrey without having to mention Bear....
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 11:35 AM #9

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yet another fantastic post, Kirk. You make so many perceptive and insightful points with such clarity.

I was actually watching yesterday, longing for the show it used to be, when we could really get to know the housemates and their 'layers', and when conflict and confrontation might well occur, but it was not contrived or engineered, and when humour would emerge naturally. Surely, that was the original idea behind BB?

You are so right about so many housemates being suppressed- though I would almost say smothered or suffocated by the domineering and intimidating presence of Bear. His 'anti-social', cruel and childish actions are to blame, but so too, are those producers who have chosen to put this type of person in the house, who have chosen to enable and encourage his behaviour and who have chosen to focus the whole show on him. Bad decisions on their part. Very bad decisions.

The producers frustrate me incredibly, but it also makes me feel so sad as we are 'losing' a show that was so fascinating, interesting and entertaining, to see it replaced by such superficial and meaningless nonsense which highlights all that is so very wrong in modern society. So I am in full agreement with you.

Your words to describe Bear are so accurate and well-chosen, and I can't add to that as you've already said it all, and it couldn't, in truth, be said better. So all I can say that I fully support your perceptive observations of this 'malignant' 'oppressive' 'inhibitor'.

Excellent post, Kirk.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 11:45 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I used the same word myself on another thread Kirk. I totally agree. The other housemates haven't been able to express themselves or enjoy themselves because Bear has taken every opportunity to ruin and disrupt everything.
It's a shame because it's been a one pillock show...EVERYTHING has revolved around him. Many of the others have retreated into their shell...others have just put up and ignored and Renee has risen to him but has lost herself in the process. He is a bully...I'm sure many would have liked to give him some of his own medicine but they would just pay the price. He teases..he mocks...he intimidates...he bully's.

I'm sick of hearing 'he has made the show'...he hasn't he has ruined it because he has suppressed the other housemates that we haven't had a show.
Last night it was refreshing to come on here and discuss James and Aubrey without having to mention Bear....

Absolutely agree. Sadly, the whole show is about him, and the forum has mirrored that- it seems impossible to discuss any of the other housemates without being forced to mention him. And it's tiresome......

I am sick of watching him, sick of reading about him, sick of writing about him and sick of hearing the support he is being given. Sadly, this series has been ruined now and I fear, even if he was evicted at this stage, the others housemates have been so suppressed and exhausted by him, that all we would witness now would be tired relief, rather than entertainment.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 11:52 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
rubbish, that's a similar argument to the one against helen wood... People have their own minds don't they?
If the remit of the show is to portray how a group of people interact then this is exactly what happens.
Wow - look everyone, kizzy coming on here to disagree with me and call my post 'rubbish'.

Oooh - this is such a surprise.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 15-08-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 15-08-2016, 11:53 AM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
so my 'opinion' is supported by historical evidence - unlike any opinions which claim that the show would NOT be more entertaining without Bear.
You are totally wrong, and why is Sam Fox in any way interesting at all in 2016?
Xanzia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:00 PM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

This is a hard one....Normally people like Bear can be blamed but if he wasn't there, who is to say that someone else wont step up. They all know what the score is and without him, it could fly or die, difficult to say but from my own perspective, it would be better off without him because his type drag the show down to Jeremy Kyle level and that's not what I signed up for. BB is an institution, not a dog fight for personality stars to inflate their portfolios. The social interaction is now all about egos, not situations
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:12 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanzia View Post
You are totally wrong, and why is Sam Fox in any way interesting at all in 2016?
I never said that she was 'interesting', but seeing as you asked; how is she any less 'interesting than James Whale - whose heyday was decades ago? or Grant 'Mr Bankrupt' Bovey? or any of the other younger HM's who may be 'current' but only to those who watch 'Geordie Shore' or other 'Reality' TV shows, and are unknown to those who do not - which is, incidentally, the vast majority of viewers.

As for your statement that I am 'totally wrong' - you are welcome to your opinion, but I'm afraid that with me, it does not carry much weight or validity, because you FAIL to expound on just WHY you state that I am totally wrong, and this is a DEBATE Forum.

I do not think anyone would pay me any credence were I to pop up on some egghead forum where they were debating, say, Einsteins Theory Of Relativity' and I was to merely say: 'You are totally wrong'.

So I welcome your reasons should you wish to expound on your statement Xanzia.

Old 15-08-2016, 12:21 PM #15

I'm tired of hear this lame excuse how one housemate personality is holding everyone back from others.WHat kind of BS is that! Lets go into detail about each housemate
Katie- crybaby girl. Never gets much air time and even heavy d pointed her out as boring
heavy d-well we all knows he loves food and tries so hard to be part of the cool clique daily
renee-maifa lifestyle has really brainwashed her mind to the point she thinks everyone is a rat
Aubrey-I want to see more from her and looks like after last night there is more to her
lewis/marnie-lets be real we both know it scripted.Nobody falls in love in 3 days.Nice try bb producers
James-interesting fellow. He switch sides on nominations.That was very shocking.
frankie-had a game plan and well it didn't work.He came out feeling like glitter but nowdays I think his energy drained at times
sam-i think she more of second mother behind renee of the house
bear-yes I know everyone hates the guy and hes very consistent of being asshloe ,but there is more to guy if you sit down and analyze the guy without chloe around
ricky-is even in the house?most of the time he sits by himself or bitches to people about bear.Idk why bb brought in bbots panel guy into the show.WIthout Rylan asking him questions about a housemate.He is very dull.
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:32 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Yet another fantastic post, Kirk. You make so many perceptive and insightful points with such clarity.

I was actually watching yesterday, longing for the show it used to be, when we could really get to know the housemates and their 'layers', and when conflict and confrontation might well occur, but it was not contrived or engineered, and when humour would emerge naturally. Surely, that was the original idea behind BB?

You are so right about so many housemates being suppressed- though I would almost say smothered or suffocated by the domineering and intimidating presence of Bear. His 'anti-social', cruel and childish actions are to blame, but so too, are those producers who have chosen to put this type of person in the house, who have chosen to enable and encourage his behaviour and who have chosen to focus the whole show on him. Bad decisions on their part. Very bad decisions.

The producers frustrate me incredibly, but it also makes me feel so sad as we are 'losing' a show that was so fascinating, interesting and entertaining, to see it replaced by such superficial and meaningless nonsense which highlights all that is so very wrong in modern society. So I am in full agreement with you.

Your words to describe Bear are so accurate and well-chosen, and I can't add to that as you've already said it all, and it couldn't, in truth, be said better. So all I can say that I fully support your perceptive observations of this 'malignant' 'oppressive' 'inhibitor'.

Excellent post, Kirk.
Thanks Garfie, and once again - a GREAT post by yourself.

Old 15-08-2016, 12:33 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post

Absolutely agree. Sadly, the whole show is about him, and the forum has mirrored that- it seems impossible to discuss any of the other housemates without being forced to mention him. And it's tiresome......

I am sick of watching him, sick of reading about him, sick of writing about him and sick of hearing the support he is being given. Sadly, this series has been ruined now and I fear, even if he was evicted at this stage, the others housemates have been so suppressed and exhausted by him, that all we would witness now would be tired relief, rather than entertainment.

I completely feel the same way Garfie...it's just a one man show.
Old 15-08-2016, 12:34 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post

Thanks Rusticgal - I think we agree on most things to do with CBB - especially the dickhead Bear.

Old 15-08-2016, 12:35 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Thanks Withano.

Old 15-08-2016, 12:36 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well said Kirk.
Beartwat knows he can be a complete arse without the fear of the thump he deserves as whoever retaliated would be thrown out.
Slimey yellow coward that he is.
Thanks Smudgie. Well said yourself - He is a slimy, yellow coward.

Old 15-08-2016, 12:38 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebrew View Post
spot on OP
Thanks Elliebrew. It was actually a thread of yours - which I was going to post on before it disappeared - which inspired my post.

Old 15-08-2016, 12:39 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula D View Post
Well said
Thanks PaulaD

Old 15-08-2016, 12:39 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz2k2 View Post
I'm tired of hear this lame excuse how one housemate personality is holding everyone back from others.WHat kind of BS is that! Lets go into detail about each housemate
Katie- crybaby girl. Never gets much air time and even heavy d pointed her out as boring
heavy d-well we all knows he loves food and tries so hard to be part of the cool clique daily
renee-maifa lifestyle has really brainwashed her mind to the point she thinks everyone is a rat
Aubrey-I want to see more from her and looks like after last night there is more to her
lewis/marnie-lets be real we both know it scripted.Nobody falls in love in 3 days.Nice try bb producers
James-interesting fellow. He switch sides on nominations.That was very shocking.
frankie-had a game plan and well it didn't work.He came out feeling like glitter but nowdays I think his energy drained at times
sam-i think she more of second mother behind renee of the house
bear-yes I know everyone hates the guy and hes very consistent of being asshloe ,but there is more to guy if you sit down and analyze the guy without chloe around
ricky-is even in the house?most of the time he sits by himself or bitches to people about bear.Idk why bb brought in bbots panel guy into the show.WIthout Rylan asking him questions about a housemate.He is very dull.

Well I find your post hilarious.... It's amazing you have come to any conclusion about any of the housemates because apart from The Americans we haven't seen much of anyone else. You base your facts from the evidence you have seen obviously...but you can't judge anyone on so little exposure.
Old 15-08-2016, 12:41 PM #24

Kirk and Garfie...
Old 15-08-2016, 12:44 PM #25

I absolutely agree. Bear is one of the biggest season ruiners and one of the worst housemates ever. I will jump for joy if he's miraculously evicted tonight.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bear, hm, personalities, real, stephen, suppressing