Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 21-08-2016, 11:04 AM #26

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Oh please
It's what I felt, Chuff!
Clootie Dumpling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 11:05 AM #27

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clootie Dumpling View Post
It's what I felt, Chuff!
Yes, me too!
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 11:20 AM #28

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

The idea of tar and feathers simply didn't occur to me and I wonder why it would occur to anyone in this day and age. I can see why that might be offensive but perhaps that's what the person viewing it is making of it? We are not living in times when such dreadful things are done to people of all ethnicities. I have been reading a book about the American war of independence which tells of loyalists to the English crown being tarred and feathered and forcibly exported on ship to England. Tarring and feathering was in fact a form of public humiliation to enforce unofficial justice or revenge. This wasn't exclusive to one race of people and was widely used as mob vengeance.

What Ricky could have done is bared his chest, drawn a little bird on it and made a collage of feathers. He could have chosen to use the pillow to instigate a pillow fight with Frankie. He could have ignored the honey and feathers and just played around with the marker. They could have drawn on each other. He could have drawn a moustache on the frigging zebra! He could have had some fun with the task instead of acting like it was a bad smell and he was too self important to join in.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 21-08-2016 at 11:24 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 11:25 AM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
The idea of tar and feathers simply didn't occur to me and I wonder why it would occur to anyone in this day and age. I can see why that might be offensive but perhaps that's what the person viewing it is making of it? We are not living in times when such dreadful things are done to people of all ethnicities. I have been reading a book about the American war of independence which tells of loyalists to the English crown being tarred and feathered and forcibly exported on ship to England.

What Ricky could have done is bared his chest, drawn a little bird on it and made a collage of feathers. He could have chosen to use the pillow to instigate a pillow fight with Frankie. He could have ignored the honey and feathers and just played around with the marker. They could have drawn on each other. He could have drawn a moustache on the frigging zebra! He could have had some fun with the task instead of acting like it was a bad smell and he was too self important to join in.
Yes, I agree with you Jaxie, he wasn't very inventive and didn't seem to make the effort.

I voiced my first impressions about the honey & feathers reminding me of the practice of tarring and feathering in a previous post - I didn't say Ricky had formed the same impression - just said he might have done.
Clootie Dumpling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 11:42 AM #30

Im no fan of Rickys by a long shot but he did say he suffered badly with depression - I saw signs of depression in him after the first ten days - I think his reaction to the task is pretty typical of someone with depression - you can not be bothered to do almost anything - nothing is important but he has come so far now now and if he walks he looses his money...money doesnt come easy to out of work actors...I would feel inclined to give him a break - he is a deep thinker and he just hasnt met any people he can really talk to at all.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 11:55 AM #31
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Yes, my immediate thought when I saw the props. Made me feel immediately uncomfortable, and I thought that was probably why Ricky reacted as he did.
mine, too, though i can see why it doesn't necessarily spring to mind for some. a bit like asking katie to take part in a task wearing rags, with a sharpie number tattoo and face paint to look uber gaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Heaven forbid someone doesn't feel comfortable with a task and doesn't want to take part properly, but I understand, only Bear can not cooperate with tasks properly and get away with it.
mais oui! if it's the dodgy bear, it's 'fun!', a prank by the prankster, a being naughty by the naughty boy for our amusement

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
He refused the feather task in a most dignified way.
Here for a dignified winner.
he did indeed. and that's why he'll be slammed by many who want to see people humiliated or made look ridiculous for their amusement. besides, he knew full well that frankie would take the props and run with them, having a ball at doing what frankie loves to do. he basically admitted to knowing he'd never win against frankie in this task and handed him the limelight to do his thing.
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:15 PM #32

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The idea of tar and feathers simply didn't occur to me and I wonder why it would occur to anyone in this day and age. I can see why that might be offensive but perhaps that's what the person viewing it is making of it? We are not living in times when such dreadful things are done to people of all ethnicities. I have been reading a book about the American war of independence which tells of loyalists to the English crown being tarred and feathered and forcibly exported on ship to England. Tarring and feathering was in fact a form of public humiliation to enforce unofficial justice or revenge. This wasn't exclusive to one race of people and was widely used as mob vengeance.

Yes, you're right here. It was my first thought when I saw the task, and I assumed it might have been Ricky's. You're also right about the practice of tarring and feathering, and I guess my initial impression emerged as I've studied Black American History. As you say, though, it is about humiliation.

I was disappointed that Ricky didn't think of anything else he could do, but if he did make a link with tarring and feathering, this might have affected his thought process and meant he was unable to come up with anything quickly enough. It would have been better to have seen him try, however.

Last edited by Garfie; 21-08-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 21-08-2016, 12:20 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungrass View Post
Im no fan of Rickys by a long shot but he did say he suffered badly with depression - I saw signs of depression in him after the first ten days - I think his reaction to the task is pretty typical of someone with depression - you can not be bothered to do almost anything - nothing is important but he has come so far now now and if he walks he looses his money...money doesnt come easy to out of work actors...I would feel inclined to give him a break - he is a deep thinker and he just hasnt met any people he can really talk to at all.
I missed this conversation, but have felt that sometimes he has come across as depressed. So, he actually confirmed this then? Did he say he had been in the past or had been in the house?
Old 21-08-2016, 12:26 PM #34
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Yes, you're right here. It was my first thought when I saw the task, and I assumed it might have been Ricky's. You're also right about the practice of tarting and feathering, and I guess my initial impression emerged as I've studied Black American History. As you say, though, it is about humiliation.

I was disappointed that Ricky didn't think of anything else he could do, but if he did make a link with tarring and feathering, this might have affected his thought process and meant he was unable to come up with anything quickly enough. It would have been better to have seen him try, however.
chloe's back in the house?
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:39 PM #35

Quote:
I missed this conversation, but have felt that sometimes he has come across as depressed. So, he actually confirmed this then? Did he say he had been in the past or had been in the house?
In the past had to take time off work because of it- it never really leaves you - it might have just been a difficult day for him - but it seems to me that he could have we would have done the task - he has seemed depressed to me a lot in the house.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:47 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
chloe's back in the house?
Whoops! I guess tarting and feathering might actually be a good description of the Chloe/Bear twosome, if we focused on their chosen attire!
Old 21-08-2016, 12:50 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungrass View Post
In the past had to take time off work because of it- it never really leaves you - it might have just been a difficult day for him - but it seems to me that he could have we would have done the task - he has seemed depressed to me a lot in the house.
Yes, he really has to me too, but I wasn't actually sure whether it had been a problem for him in the past. Thanks for confirming. That's tough for him then.
Old 21-08-2016, 01:02 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
This may cost Ricky the win, I think. Not a good move.
Was too much to ask of him, he never moves full stop so expecting him to go one further and make a good move would be a bit of a stretch
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 01:08 PM #39

ricky has no personality.bookies have him to win?psssh.If that was bear who reffused to do task.everyone would hate him with a passion
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 01:11 PM #40

Quote:
I think the link would have been immediately apparent to him, and I'm sure it must have been to the task team, surely, so what made them choose that task for him is beyond me.

I, too, am so glad he didn't participate in it.
I am, too. That was a vile task to give him. Wow, he didn't sell his soul to win this game.
puzzled is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 02:46 PM #41

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Welcome your winner , everyone. A boring and arrogant twat
Yes, I think Bear might win IF Bear had done this it would have been "hilarious and entertaining " wouldn't it?

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 02:57 PM #42

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

This is the guy that might win.Won't take part in tasks and boring as feck.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 03:05 PM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Hopeless, he was Vanessa, he could have done anything with the props given, all he did was draw on his hand.
Then he expected others to try really hard in their given tasks.

Now he, for me,would for sure be the most boring and unworthy winner of any C/BB series if he goes on to win this.
This
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 04:07 PM #44

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

It doesn't even matter that he didn't take part, it wasn't like it was essential. Plus I'm sure he knew there was no way of beating Frankie.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 04:19 PM #45
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

It was most outrageous HM, he could have taken the honey and dumped it over Frankie, honestly he probably couldn't think of anything to do with it as he has no imagination and is a first class bore
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 04:29 PM #46
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Ive never heard ANYTHING as pathetic as people reaching to wave the race flag
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 05:51 PM #47
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I am just trying to imagine just how worthless a BB series would be and how tasks would have any relevance at all if all housemates took the line Ricky did in last nights highlights.

Sorry but for me, he is, and has been all through the series, a total first class bore.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 06:40 PM #48
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I am just trying to imagine just how worthless a BB series would be and how tasks would have any relevance at all if all housemates took the line Ricky did in last nights highlights.

Sorry but for me, he is, and has been all through the series, a total first class bore.
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 10:23 PM #49
0_o

0_o

Meh I understand it. He didn't want to make himself look like an idiot when clearly Frankie would do anything to win the task. No doubts had Ricky done what Frankie did, Frankie would have gone the whole hog, much more flamboyant and likely ending the show dunking his penis into the syrup and coating it in feathers then running up to Bear doing a helicopter with it. Why bother trying when you know you have lost it beforehand
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 11:10 PM #50

Favourites:

Favourites:

2 tasks now Ricky turned his nose up at. Wouldn't even try the egg nog.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attitude, norwood, ricky, task