Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 21-08-2016, 12:10 AM #26

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Clear off. SHOO.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:15 AM #27
Growin’ up fast.

Favourites:
BB16: Adjoa
Growin’ up fast.

Favourites:
BB16: Adjoa

He cant call victim when he has bought it upon himself.
Old 21-08-2016, 12:17 AM #28
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

Oh cal silly

Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:18 AM #29

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzled View Post
"They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind." He can dish it out, but he can't take it. He's harangued and bullied people non-stop, thrown away their food, and been a PIA day and night, so now, boo-hoo, the man child is to be pitied? He's now playing the redemption arc, where he pretends that he's been on a journey, he's learned so much,blah, blah, blah. Not buying it.
Yep.
For Redemption arc 1 read = I'll play the victim because my ex had the nerve to tell me to my face what I did to her - 'the callous bitch'!
For Redemption arc 2 read = I've lost my kissy partner and my bully partner and I can't do the things I did before as I haven't got them to bolster my confidence ....so I'll act all sanctimonious and hurt and get all the ladies out there wanting to comfort me and get me the win because I'm just a lovable little Teddy Bear really who never meant any harm.
Pass me the sick bucket...
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:30 AM #30
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
If he ever cared about anyone else's feelings I might be more inclined to care about his.
He said that he doesn't like to see anyone upset but others in there have proven themselves to have less kind-hearted intentions unlike himself.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:32 AM #31
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
He said that he doesn't like to see anyone upset but others in there have proven themselves to have less kind-hearted intentions unlike himself.
He can say that all he likes, his actions prove otherwise.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:33 AM #32

In relation to that task? Nope not Imo. Both Aubrey and James thrive off giving what they feel is sage advise and how folk can improve. It's sanctimonious sometimes with both of them Imo but not malicious. As the most disruptive hm, he was an obvious choice in relation to this. I actually felt the comments re Lewis were more personal? I believe Bear fully expected it from those particular two in terms of counselling comments and he seemed to brush it off.
power2thepeople is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:46 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Those delusional pills are damn good, where can I get some?
Old 21-08-2016, 12:51 AM #34
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by power2thepeople View Post
In relation to that task? Nope not Imo. Both Aubrey and James thrive off giving what they feel is sage advise and how folk can improve. It's sanctimonious sometimes with both of them Imo but not malicious. As the most disruptive hm, he was an obvious choice in relation to this. I actually felt the comments re Lewis were more personal? I believe Bear fully expected it from those particular two in terms of counselling comments and he seemed to brush it off.
Bear brushes everything off and takes it all in good humour, but everyone else appears to take every little comment personally. Especially Sam, she's the worst of them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
He can say that all he likes, his actions prove otherwise.
He might irritate people at times (who doesn't?) but I certainly don't think it's his intention to upset anyone. If it was, I'm damn sure he could do a lot better.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 12:55 AM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He might irritate people at times (who doesn't?) but I certainly don't think it's his intention to upset anyone. If it was, I'm damn sure he could do a lot better.
You're taking the piss.
Old 21-08-2016, 01:31 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Yep.
For Redemption arc 1 read = I'll play the victim because my ex had the nerve to tell me to my face what I did to her - 'the callous bitch'!
For Redemption arc 2 read = I've lost my kissy partner and my bully partner and I can't do the things I did before as I haven't got them to bolster my confidence ....so I'll act all sanctimonious and hurt and get all the ladies out there wanting to comfort me and get me the win because I'm just a lovable little Teddy Bear really who never meant any harm.
Pass me the sick bucket...
Sounds right to me.
puzzled is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 01:45 AM #37

Or maybe they have had enough of him
CBB James: ‘I was scared of Stephen Bear and Heavy D’ http://shr.gs/qReAWwT
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 01:47 AM #38
Banned

Banned

He's spent the whole season antagonising the house, I have no sympathy for him. He brought it on himself.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 05:23 AM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Is She? View Post
I mean yes he's the way he is but it doesn't mean he doesn't has feelings. I just felt like he was being ganged up on a bit?

Once he learns to respect other people's feelings...people may start to respect his.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 05:25 AM #40

Quote:

Delusional
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 06:08 AM #41

Quote:
I'm no Bear fan by any means but I feel like the others see him as an easy target. The way Aubrey and James BOTH chose to criticise him first felt like they were ganging up on him. I mean yes he's the way he is but it doesn't mean he doesn't has feelings. I just felt like he was being ganged up on a bit?
You mean the same way bear,lewis,marnie and chloe ganged up on and targetted the others?
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 06:59 AM #42
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I'm no Bear fan by any means but I feel like the others see him as an easy target. The way Aubrey and James BOTH chose to criticise him first felt like they were ganging up on him. I mean yes he's the way he is but it doesn't mean he doesn't has feelings. I just felt like he was being ganged up on a bit?
...well Aubrey chose him first as part of the task but I thought that James had to then do the same housemate and then she got the chance to speak again..(that was my understanding of the task, Cal..)....it wasn't ganging up, it was the task and yes, Aubrey did choose to speak about him first..(and then Lewis next because they've both been the two most 'controversial' housemates in the house of those who are left in, so that would seem logical to me/he wasn't an 'easy target', he was the logical and obvious 'target' for a task they had to do...and also, he's showed no feelings at all in his relentless targeting of others/his pushing them to the very limit and laughing at the fun of it all, so it would also be easy and understandable to not see his feelings, when he so purposefully masks them and hides behind masks because of the stress they're all living with life with Bear...I thought that it was interesting as well that James said in his eviction interview, how only the night before..Bear had been making 'noises' in the bedroom all through the night so it's all been sleep deprivation as well with any reactions to his behaviour from others and how often are we all screaming...'THAT WOULD DRIVE ME TO THE VERY LIMITS AS WELL'...he's even destroyed the coffee that would keep them going etc, without sleep so their limits have been pushed to and beyond...he's striven to make himself 'the conflict of the house'/the 'controversial of the house'/'the talked about of the house', so why wouldn't he be the obvious person that Aubrey would have discussed first and then James to follow as the task dictated..?...because that's been his aim....and I'm guessing he's not that bothered anyway because he was getting the attention that he wants and how thrives...they weren't cruel in what they said, they were quite gentle in many ways....

..anyways he was on par last night..it's funny isn't it how Lewis wasn't his 'best mate' when he said that he could kiss Marnie if he wanted to..there were no 'relationships'/lines to be crossed etc ..so a relationship would have been crossing the line, then in kissing someone..?...well he disregarded that line when it suited him with his relationship with Lillie...and his childish logic of those who nominated Lewis shouldn't be comforting Marnie...of those comforting people not being able to separate two people as individuals and not some kind of extension of each other..did Marnie even get a nomination from anyone..?../I can't recall but they nominated Lewis as an individual person and housemate and weren't the 'cause of' anything ..does Bear consider friendships and 'upset' when he nominates someone ..just silly childish logic and trying to ensure that Marnie doesn't get too much airtime here...and I think that was shown with the mind-games he was playing with her a bit later...'they're hugging you and then they'll nominate you'...maybe they will if they feel she now doesn't want to stay without Lewis but they didn't nominate her last time so where the foundation in what he's saying..?...not him using her as a 'pawn', eh ..he really does seem to care about no one other than himself and is totally disregarding of any feelings at all...

...what Renee said as well...'you know what, I don’t care tonight, I can’t do this anymore'..he's worn them down and exhausted them...he's sucked them dry with how much he's pushed/antagonised/goaded and monopolised every situation that he can....just left them all flat with his relentlessness...and the only time, ever showing the slightest bit of emotion..(with Lillie..)..when he wasn't in control and he wasn't calling the shots....anyways, Renee being taken in as well...’he thinks that we’re all being phoney because we nominated Lewis, he just doesn’t understand/he’s not capable of understanding’ or whatever it was she said…but he’s a reality TV star, he understands very well, he not only understands but he’s the king of the game as well surely…and apparently so intelligent..?...so how couldn’t he understand…apparently he’s now so full of empathy and understanding in some revelation that he’s showed nothing in before/no emotion/no empathy/no consideration/no thought…he’s just kept on with his mask of nothingness for the things he’s done and his own actions…

...and then he sits with Renee later and says what a good thing for Marnie to be by herself without Lewis..why..?...because they're two individuals and she wasn't nominated, Lewis was so the criticism of their comfort was just ridiculous acting...and Marnie, who is his friend apparently and someone he shows concern over...well, he couldn't even allow her 'her moment' in the garden of pushing the plants over and jumping on them, he had to gain with her airtime as well and join the party...the Bear party and the Bear show...he really is a selfish human being...

..well, it’s all ‘career’ for Bear and not personal at all of course…he’ll disregard anyone or their feelings to ‘further himself’ as it were and that’s someone I can find no admiration or entertainment in....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 07:08 AM #43
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Oh good the 'actually maybe the bully is being bullied guys?' part of the series is upon us. Guess that means it'll be over soon. So predictable how dumb viewers are now.
mhmm, it's never BBUK until the person who behaves like a completely immature asshole is treated like he is a completely immature asshole and thus the public decides that the completely immature asshole is The True Victim

like... I'm not even watching this series but how is this any different from the trajectories Esteemed Winners Aaron Allard-Morgan, Jim Davidson, and Helen Wood all took? sure the specifics of the stories are different but they all follow the path. Like, swap Bear's name with Jim's and I'm sure a nearly identical thread exists in the CBB13 section.

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 21-08-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 07:14 AM #44
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Wink

That lot has done far worse things than him. Aubrey spotting in his drink/food to name one. All he has done is a few pranks. If we were in the channel 4 BB everyone would have just laughed off. But jesus, this lot is way too serious. Katie crying over a burst balloon is a prime example. Pathetic!
Old 21-08-2016, 07:24 AM #45
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..pathetic maybe Vanessa if it's just isolated things to purposefully antagonise/push/goad etc but it's relentless... why feel the need to burst the balloon, why feel the need to upset on a task..(and when James and Aubrey fulfil their task of commenting on housemates, they're criticised because it's 'harsh' on Bear..)...he hasn't done a few pranks, he's been relentless and he's exhausted them with it to the point that some just 'try to keep him calm or stay out of his firing line'....and yes, other's haven't always behaved well in their reactions but they've been one off things as opposed to his persistency in his behaviour that has made so many miserable and he's laughed at their misery...
Old 21-08-2016, 07:27 AM #46
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..pathetic maybe Vanessa if it's just isolated things to purposefully antagonise/push/goad etc but it's relentless... why feel the need to burst the balloon, why feel the need to upset on a task..(and when James and Aubrey fulfil their task of commenting on housemates, they're criticised because it's 'harsh' on Bear..)...he hasn't done a few pranks, he's been relentless and he's exhausted them with it to the point that some just 'try to keep him calm or stay out of his firing line'....and yes, other's haven't always behaved well in their reactions but they've been one off things as opposed to his persistency in his behaviour that has made so many miserable and he's laughed at their misery...
He's a wind up merchant, a bit like Marc was. But he isn't nasty. That lot just don't know how to handle him. If they had bothered to get to know him they would know he's actually really nice and there's more to him than meets the eye.
Old 21-08-2016, 07:40 AM #47
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
He's a wind up merchant, a bit like Marc was. But he isn't nasty. That lot just don't know how to handle him. If they had bothered to get to know him they would know he's actually really nice and there's more to him than meets the eye.
..he doesn't want any of the housemates to get to know him, Vanessa...he's put on his masks to try to prevent that...they have tried to/some of them have (and credit to them and their characters that they persevere..)... but he's just shrugged them off because he knows that then he wouldn't be fitting in with his game-plan of being able to behave as he does and the heck with anyone else or their feelings...and there is nastiness also..in how he's encouraged emotions and anger of others, like Lewis and Heavy with the wine thing when he was saying that Marnie was wheat intolerant and fully joining in the targeting of Heavy, fully encouraging the targeting of the 'bald eagle' and of Saira and fully cheering on and encouraging Heavy, when he could see his 'best mate' reaching the anger points that could have brought physical violence but did bring about him throwing the drink over Heavy...there has been plenty 'nasty' to be seen and no 'really nice', just self/self/self and his own gain from pushing limits to their extremes...
Old 21-08-2016, 07:48 AM #48
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..people don't push to limits because they have boundaries of empathy and how that must feel for someone.../that's emotional maturity which adults have and only small children don't have in the same way and that's Bear, no maturity of thought and of the effect on others...with a child when they do that, do we say...oh, they're just winding you up/get to know them etc ...or do we look at the 'winder-up' and try to get them to see the effects of their behaviour, how they've made others feel through it...how unhappy/miserable etc...whether 'nasty' be meant, 'nasty' is still felt and that's something that Bear totally disregards....
Old 21-08-2016, 07:51 AM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
But he doesn't really want them to get to know him. He always makes light of any deeper chatter. Bar some exceptions, like with Ricky the other day. You cannot fault others for that when he hides behind masks and childish behaviour. If no one in the house really knows him properly, not even Chloe and Lewis, the problem might be in Bear himself, don't you think.

I for example wouldn't try to run to a person a try to get to know them, if they were making my life difficult, if they mocked me, and if they didn't really try themselves. It would be a waste of energy, because you wouldn't know if he's ****ing with you anyway. And I would kind of humiliate myself for trying to appease this brat.
Alisch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 08:06 AM #50
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The others don't want to get to know him. If Ricky can find some common ground with Bear then why can't they? Ricky and Bear are always playing in the garden together, but they don't show it on the highlights. Bear said he likes Ricky now, at least he makes the effort to include him. Most of the rest are just happy to isolate him. Bunch of spineless sheep!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bear, ganging