Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 22-08-2016, 07:46 PM #26

"carnal couples"

Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 08:13 PM #27

Not really surprising and would echo the general sentiment on here. Bear is the only remotely entertaining housemate left (possibly Renee). The rest of them are absolute bores and should be nowhere near the final.

I'm not sure why Channel 5 put people like Ricky, Katie and Sam in and expect them to be entertaining. I'd go in for free and be more entertaining than all 3 of them put together and I'm not even that fun.
totaldynamic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 09:01 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish

The ratings were down for 2 days on the weekend doesn't mean anything.

This series rates better than the last two summer series, which is extremely good considering the tough competition. Channel 5 will be more than happy even if the last few days might be down a bit, which is just a normal procedure when a series finishes.
BB-Germany is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 09:28 PM #29
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Its not a good series, I think James leaving instead Bear was the last straw for most people. The 3 evictions before him saw 3 members of the ratpack be eliminated and not getting a 4 for 4 made optimism for a good series plummet, this was reflected in the ratings.

Close thread. Mystery solved. Debunked it.
the very fact boring bear's still there is enough to make people turn off in droves. they thought he'd be out, and when he wasn't and he gets away with blue murder with no consequences as they set him up for a final placing, people think 'why bother watching?'
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 03:01 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gavin View Post
Celebrity Big Brother’s viewing figures have plummeted ever since the show’s carnal couples have been separated.

Following Lewis Bloor and James Whale’s evictions on Friday night (Aug 19), ratings have reportedly dropped to notoriously low levels.

In its poorest return of the series, Saturday night’s (Aug 20) episode managed to draw in 850,000 fans compared to an average of 1.4 million, according to Channel 5 statistics.

While some viewers turned to Ofcom in response to the reality programme’s sexual scenes and naked antics, others couldn’t turn the TV off as the steamy shenanigans typically made headlines on a weekly basis.

Lewis and Marnie Simpson, who still remains in the house, seemingly helped to rake in viewers with their jaw-dropping behaviour, as did shameless Chloe Khan, who cavorted with Stephen Bear before her eviction from the house.

“It’s a terrible start to the week,” a source told the Daily Star. “The house is lacking in drama and things aren’t looking good for viewing figures. Lewis and Marnie were providing all the sex appeal and now the spark is firmly out.”

This comes after Lewis, 26, became the fifth housemate to be evicted from the Elstree bungalow on Friday night.

Discussing his relationship with the Geordie Shore lass, he told CBB host Emma Willis: “I’m gutted to leave her [Marnie]. The best thing about this experience is meeting her.

“I feel like I’ve done six months with her. She made me feel like a kid. It’s hard to be intimate in there. I feel like she’s my best friend and I fancy her as well.”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/celebrity-...110010557.html

It's become a car crash of a series and I for one stopped watching after the artificial interference of CBB and their up their own ar5e, meddling interference with the show.

The main characters of this year were Bear, Lewis, Chloe, Marnie. Heavy D, James and Renee 5 of those have gone the rest are just repugnant, uninteresting. envious, pale and insignificant bit part players, who didn't have the wherewithal or charisma to entertain us, say something interesting, do something interesting, all they could do was snipe and no doubt they are now pulling pieces out of each other- the radar duckers the back biters of life.

It's crazy that all it becomes is a popularity vote, yet they keep saying- play the game. What's the point of even trying to play the game if at the end of the day it isn't going to get you anywhere.?

Heavy D is a prime example, not much following out of the house, tried to mix it up, knew there were people 'coasting' in there, not being too controversial, just bobbing along hoping not to engage with anyone and make it to the last few days, so he wound a few people up. Many on here were horrified and ended up blowing smoke up KW"s ar5e after he called her out for what she is 'an ex factor reject' of many years ago. The way she handled that - trying to ostrice HD and also playing the victim coupled with profanity after profanity. You would have expected a rational response to his goading but she went ballistic- no doubt there was more footage in the diary room and I would hazard a guess that she would have claimed that he was picking on her and probably threw in ' it's either him or me' remark.

There has to be a way of keeping these game players in, rewarding them rather than thinking we've used you enough, thanks but no thanks. We will now take our chance with the bores see if they can produce some decent footage. The reason why the cameras were on the likes of HD, Bear, Lewis Chloe, Marnie - even James, is because they are life's 'doers' -controversial though they may be.

I just hope Bear wins and if not then Renee, but she's towed the line and tried to get others to fight her battles, notably Aubry and Ricky. I find her rather repugnant- the life style she comes from- where fear and intimidation are the mainstay of their existence. She's struggled in there, as HD remarked, this ain't the Mafia love.

Last edited by delta; 23-08-2016 at 03:06 AM.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 05:49 AM #31
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....hmmmm mind you, we've had the Olympics as well this time and it's had to compete with that so maybe nothing to do with this series as such, but more that..?...(I know that I've been tuning in and out and catching up more on Channel 5 catch-up because I've been watching the Olympics...)...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 05:56 AM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
more likely that most viewers switched off when the last decent house mate (james) left
I agree. Once the intelligence left the house, that was it. Why does BB producers insist that showmance couples are what keeps viewers interested? The only way to pull viewers in and keep them is to have varied and interesting housemates, the same ruules to apply for all housemates and more live feed so that the viewer can make up their own mind about the housemates.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 08:51 AM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie q View Post
For once I will be glad when its over. Only watching out of habit now. Like the housemates have got used to Bear, and am bored with him not doing anything different other than the man baby act. Im even going out on friday evening, so will miss most of the final. Hope January CBB better than this. Hopefully there wont be any more reality stars.
You have hit the nail on the head as to why ratings are poor. There is only so much childish behaviour one can take coming from adults. Bear is the worst infantile behaviour housemate but others are a close second. Even Renee is extremely infantile the way she argues. Shouting and abuse calling followed by tears is quite Imature and infantile.

This year has seen the most childish full of themselves characters that are boring to watch.
As a long term BB fan I watch out of habit and hope that things will improve as series progress. There are moments of entertainment but fewer and fewer as the handling of BB by channel five progressively ruins the format.

To be honest I haven't actually voted for many years now. No point Trying to overturn the multiple votes that come from so called fans that like to keep silliness in and story lines out.

To regard Bear or Renee as remotely entertaining is indeed a remarkable frame of mind that is byond understanding.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 11:21 AM #34

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Please read the actual ratings, there is no plumetting.

That was from a Saturday episode. The show has generally increased or at least stayed stable.

The officials are still at 2.1m-2.2m like they were at the start of the series. And the overnights are still on average of 1.6m like they were at the start of the series.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 11:28 AM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

All the officials so far:

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/cbb18/ratings/official

Every single official has been higher than last summers officials.

And for overnights, there was a small dip mid week last week as the Olympics was coming to it's conclusion... those same 3 days on CBB16 happened to be higher than usual (Farrah and Jenna returning from the secret house), but in fact AFTER James and Lewis went this weekend, ratings picked up again:

This is the overnights on CBB16:
http://www.bbspy.co.uk/cbb16/ratings/overnight

And CBB18 overnights:

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/cbb18/ratings/overnight

As you can see there was a dip last week, but the table for CBB18 hasn't updated since Friday.... but Friday's eviction got 1.6m compared to last years 1.3m, Saturday got 860k compared to last years 820k, and Sunday shows both got 1.5m.

So please read the ratings before believing articles.

Last edited by *mazedsalv**; 23-08-2016 at 11:29 AM.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 11:30 AM #36
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Why do papers think sex equals ratings?

Pathetic

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 12:25 PM #37

Maybe people really liked James Whale?

Maybe the Olympics was on?

Poor, unscientific and presumptive data analysis I reckon.
Jimrod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
celebrity big brother, plummet, ratings